Host: Unfreakable
Description: World Fark Party III - New Orleans, Louisiana: April 5 - April 7
Date/Time: April 6, 2013 - 08:00 PM (local time)
Party Info: This is the third annual World Fark Party, to be held in New Orleans this year, because New Orleans.We're just going to invade Bourbon Street, including a Saturday night at a venue right on Bourbon Street where we'll have our own party including an open balcony. Here is the schedule:

Thursday (4/4): Frenchmen Street Pub Crawl, starts at 5PM at Galvez Restaurant, 914 N Peters St. Bring a spare liver if you have one, or a bathtub and ice if you plan to acquire one there.

Friday (4/5): 4PM - 7PM - Meetup at Checkpoint Charlie's (501 Esplanade Avenue) for a Fark event to be explained later. 8PM - midnight: Crawfish boil and drinks at The Bricks (735 St. Joseph Street), sponsored by the Huffington Post, including some free drinks from New Orleans Rum.

Saturday (4/6): WORLD FARK PARTY III, 8PM - midnight at the Voodoo Vibe on Bourbon Street. Entry will be $50, which is only to cover the venue (with the balcony) and the open bar. Yes, I said OPEN BAR. It will be limited to Farkers only.

Twitter hashtag: #farknola2013

And feel free to install the app for this party: http://my.yapp.us/FARK

Location: Voodoo Vibe
333 Bourbon Street
New Orleans, LA 70112

(view map)

6913 clicks; posted to Main » on 07 Apr 2013 at 11:00 AM (1 year ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest

First | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | » | Last | Show all

2013-01-31 12:07:17 AM
There. Most likely with a wig and cleavage.

2013-01-31 03:01:14 AM
Maybe. My  and a few othersdea and all. Maybe

2013-01-31 06:59:18 PM

Yoyo: brap: I'm in.

Is this you?
[dl.dropbox.com image 640x427]
I'll bring my camera.  (Clicky for pics from last year.)

By gum, I do believe that is my crotch.  How that shot would get into someone's camera is a COMPLETE mystery to me.

*whistles innocently and shuffles off*

2013-02-01 01:42:12 PM

Yoyo: brap: I'm in.

Is this you?
[dl.dropbox.com image 640x427]
I'll bring my camera.  (Clicky for pics from last year.)

I see that is a common perspective for you...

2013-02-01 09:34:57 PM
Yes, Virginia, there is a Raging Thespian coming to NOLA.

2013-02-04 04:56:52 PM
I'll be there.  Hopefully, I can find a guitar full of booze to drink.

2013-02-13 07:14:24 AM
Can't wait!

2013-02-15 11:22:21 AM
Free cruise for all farkers.

2013-02-15 11:27:08 AM
I live on the northshore so maybe!

2013-02-15 11:27:45 AM

twit: There. Most likely with a wig and cleavage.

That's my plan too.

2013-02-15 11:34:48 AM
Will their be a tread dedicated to watching the hockey farkers singing karaoke streaming online from that bar?

j4x
2013-02-15 12:09:53 PM
I'm not going unless someone lets me sleep on their floor.

JJR
2013-02-15 12:14:23 PM
Free bullet proof vests?

2013-02-15 12:15:10 PM
I think we are holding out for French Quarter Fest.

2013-02-15 12:18:16 PM
Toledo to Nola is 14 hours by car. Just sayin'.

2013-02-15 01:09:42 PM
Any Philly/Baltimore area farkers looking to carpool? And/or anyone looking to share a room? I put my clothes in a hamper, my trash in the can, and dishes in the sink.

EIP if maybe interested.

2013-02-15 01:16:44 PM
I will bite, Frenchman and the Marigny are good places, a little ageing hipsterish as the years pass on, but still the most normal place to party in the city.

Food.  Uptown I would hit Le Crepe Nanou, french wood, and amazing wine selection, and inexpensive and fun.

The Trolley Stop is my go to drunk food place. Since I can get gumbo and a etoufee omelette and 3 am.

And of course Lucky Dogs or if your feeling the asian creole vibe, a cup of Ya Ka Mein Noodles.

My favorite dive bars were always the Saturn and Snake and Jakes.

And if I must go to a bar on bourbon street it is either tropical isle or The Steak Pit with their huge ass beers.

/native, former manager at pat obriens, on my third liver.

2013-02-15 01:31:12 PM
OPEN BAR DUDE!
i6.photobucket.com

I'll be there!

2013-02-15 01:46:19 PM
Goddammit. I just moved from Minneapolis to Los Angeles. And since Vegas is only a 4-hour car trip, I was planning to make it this year. Then the whole circus up and moves to New Orleans?!? Thanks a LOT.

Look, if I smell bad, then just say so.

2013-02-15 02:05:06 PM

basemetal: I think we are holding out for French Quarter Fest.

Lots of great food and music at French Quarter Fest, but just be aware... its gotten very popular, and can be jam packed.  That doesn't bother everyone, so maybe that's cool with you.  I can't do it anymore, personally.  Just an FYI.

2013-02-15 03:46:25 PM

drkdstryer: Kyro: [i.imgur.com image 200x186]

We're going to do horrible, horrible things to our livers together.

Wish I could join you guys.

2013-02-15 03:52:55 PM

Unfreakable: ertai_lapis: As another native, I MUST ask: "Why Bourbon Street?" As a service to others, I'll probably lead a side-trip or two to the Marigny, so you can see actual good bars, and not touristy crap hawked on Bourbon. Also, I'm down for a poker tournament.

Not everything has to take place on Bourbon Street, but for a lot of people who have never been there, it wouldn't make sense to go to New Orleans and then not even go there once. New Orleans is a hell of a lot more than just Bourbon Street, and I expect that the locals will be able to show noobs like me what's cool.

Indeed. Might I suggest Frenchmen St. in the Marigny? The Spotted Cat and Three Muses and such are pretty cool. I'm not into Bourbon. Also, Marie's (much further) in the Marigny makes the...Best. Bloody. Marys. Ever.

Also, something you guys can do to get you out of the FQ...

I think it is a great way to see the Marigny and Bywater. The name is, of course, a homage to Confederacy of Dunces.

Antoine's in the FQ does very traditional fare and has a $20.13 lunch special and a really interesting atmosphere.

Go to Brocato's on Carrollton for ice cream and pastries, if you like that. It is really good.

The Irish House on St. Charles is very cool if you like the Irish thing.

The Bourbon House is a good place to go to the bar and get a beer and raw oysters. Great service and much less of a wait than Acme next door.

Do Cafe du Monde for beginets, of course. Crossaint d'Or on Ursullines in the FQ is very nice for breakfast pastries and coffee.

/Check out Yelp and Trip Advisor for stuff.
//Don't think I'll be there for this but am willing to help out with suggestions.

2013-02-15 04:01:31 PM
Holy Crap a 19 hour drive from Toronto to NOLA. JEBUS!

I think the only way to swing this would be for a group of Toronto Farkers to go and rent a house for the time there.

2013-02-15 04:17:34 PM

downstairs: basemetal: I think we are holding out for French Quarter Fest.

We were there last year, and yeah, on Saturday, it got crazy.  this year we'll be there Wed night - Sat departure.

farm9.staticflickr.com

We had the best time with this salsa band, people dancing, grooving, just a damned cool moment we stumbled upon.

2013-02-15 04:18:33 PM

KingoftheCheese: drkdstryer: Kyro: [i.imgur.com image 200x186]

We're going to do horrible, horrible things to our livers together.

Wish I could join you guys.

CHEESE! I MISS YOU CHEESE!

2013-02-15 04:26:54 PM

basemetal: downstairs: basemetal: I think we are holding out for French Quarter Fest.

[farm9.staticflickr.com image 640x480]

Wed and Thurs should be OK, actually.  Enjoy!

2013-02-15 04:28:08 PM
This world fark party also begs the question:

Will Bevets appear and prove to FARK that he is real and not a program? If so, how do we avoid a "I am Spartacus!" like situation?

Since I've only seen Bevets post in a non-evolution thread once, my theory is that he's the alt identity of another farker, but whom?

It's the ultimate thought experiment.

2013-02-15 04:28:59 PM
Drew and I had a drink w/ him once, he's real.

2013-02-15 04:32:38 PM

j4x: I'm not going unless someone lets me sleep on their floor.

Can't you just sleep on a TFette like you usually do?

j4x
2013-02-15 04:36:02 PM

thismomentinblackhistory: j4x: I'm not going unless someone lets me sleep on their floor.

Can't you just sleep on a TFette like you usually do?

JDTW offered but I don't want to limit my options.

2013-02-15 05:29:05 PM

basemetal: KingoftheCheese: drkdstryer: Kyro: [i.imgur.com image 200x186]

We're going to do horrible, horrible things to our livers together.

Wish I could join you guys.

CHEESE! I MISS YOU CHEESE!

Hello, basemetal.

2013-02-15 06:00:22 PM

Mike: Drew and I had a drink w/ him once, he's real.

How did you know it was really him though?

2013-02-15 08:45:54 PM
I will be there.

2013-02-15 09:03:32 PM
welcometofark.jpeg!

2013-02-16 11:57:21 AM
I'll be there

2013-02-16 11:58:58 AM

IamKaiserSoze!!!: No mention of Drago's? Don't they have one just outside the quarter now?

There's a Drago's in the 1st floor of the Riverside Hilton

2013-02-19 08:45:54 PM

2013-02-21 11:52:27 AM

You can stay where you like, though there are other things going on in NOLA that weekend that are eating up a lot of the hotel rooms.

2013-02-21 04:55:07 PM

Mike: 5 star chef of tv dinners: I've always wanted to attend one of these things and I think I just might make this one.  Better start saving now though.  Quick question though,  do we have to stay at the Hilton or can we search around for a better deal?

Thanks.  I'm in.  I've wanted to take a good vacation for awhile now.  This is as good of an excuse as any.

2013-02-22 11:54:12 PM
I'll be around for late night drinking. Or early morning drinking. It doesn't matter

2013-03-01 12:07:43 PM

2013-03-01 12:14:41 PM
The bad news.  It's shaping up to be a sausage party.

The good news.  As sausage parties go, andouille sausage is particularly flavorful.

2013-03-01 12:15:01 PM
Do it!  I had a lot of fun in Vegas last year, even if I couldn't stick around for the whole thing.

2013-03-01 12:15:31 PM
Live blog it and I'll get drunk and follow along from home.

2013-03-01 12:15:35 PM

We're staying somewhere else, but wanted to know if we need to register for Friday/Saturday's events, or just show up?

2013-03-01 12:16:19 PM
I was going to make as it is my home town, but I won an award at work and have to spend 4 days at the Bellagio in Vegas accepting it in April, so there is that.

2013-03-01 12:19:29 PM
Sausage party? Probably not

2013-03-01 12:23:27 PM

utsagrad123: Unfreakable: Only a few rooms left at the Hilton, and the group code is only good through Monday. BOOK TODAY if you're going, the prices are crazy that weekend

For Saturday night's event, it'll be pay at the door.

2013-03-01 12:30:51 PM
Hell yeah. A big fark party i can finally make it to because its right where I live.

2013-03-01 12:43:12 PM
World Fark Party... You mean...

cache.ohinternet.com