Host: Unfreakable
Description: World Fark Party III - New Orleans, Louisiana: April 5 - April 7
Date/Time: April 6, 2013 - 08:00 PM (local time)
Party Info: This is the third annual World Fark Party, to be held in New Orleans this year, because New Orleans.We're just going to invade Bourbon Street, including a Saturday night at a venue right on Bourbon Street where we'll have our own party including an open balcony. Here is the schedule:

Thursday (4/4): Frenchmen Street Pub Crawl, starts at 5PM at Galvez Restaurant, 914 N Peters St. Bring a spare liver if you have one, or a bathtub and ice if you plan to acquire one there.

Friday (4/5): 4PM - 7PM - Meetup at Checkpoint Charlie's (501 Esplanade Avenue) for a Fark event to be explained later. 8PM - midnight: Crawfish boil and drinks at The Bricks (735 St. Joseph Street), sponsored by the Huffington Post, including some free drinks from New Orleans Rum.

Saturday (4/6): WORLD FARK PARTY III, 8PM - midnight at the Voodoo Vibe on Bourbon Street. Entry will be $50, which is only to cover the venue (with the balcony) and the open bar. Yes, I said OPEN BAR. It will be limited to Farkers only.

Twitter hashtag: #farknola2013

And feel free to install the app for this party: http://my.yapp.us/FARK

Location: Voodoo Vibe
333 Bourbon Street
New Orleans, LA 70112

(view map)

6919 clicks; posted to Main » on 07 Apr 2013 at 11:00 AM (1 year ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest

First | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | » | Last | Show all

2013-01-30 01:05:09 PM
No can do. Sorry.

2013-01-30 01:05:10 PM

To sweeten the deal, I'll make sure you get his BIE after the party.

2013-01-30 01:05:24 PM
I live in New Orleans, so I'm getting a kick...I'll be there with my helmet on...

2013-01-30 01:05:47 PM
TIL: I say "obviously" way too much.

2013-01-30 01:05:49 PM

Bartleby the Scrivener: Take a side trip one afternoon down to the Bayou Barn in Jean Lafitte for a canoe trip in alligator infested waters. Tell em BtS sent you.

They'll say WTF are you talking about? but tell em anyway.

a friend of mine does kayak tours through bayou st john (goes through city park, sometimes ends up with po-boys at liuzza's by the track), so you don't really need to take that much of a side trip.

2013-01-30 01:06:46 PM
....Liuzza's.......

/*wipes drool*

2013-01-30 01:07:03 PM

To sweeten the deal, I'll make sure you get his BIE after the party.

I might have to reconsider my "no" response ....

2013-01-30 01:07:37 PM
Also, I was thinking of doing a riverboat lunch cruise thing on Saturday, so if you're interested in that, let me know.

Or, of course, if you have a better idea.

2013-01-30 01:07:57 PM

To sweeten the deal, I'll make sure you get his BIE after the party.

I was in until the BIE.  Can I just have cheesecake?

2013-01-30 01:08:15 PM

ffish: Alpha Sierra Foxtrot: I'm eliciting help now to carry Kyro home because, quite frankly, I'm a weakling. EIP if you'd like to volunteer.

To sweeten the deal, I'll make sure you get his BIE after the party.

I might have to reconsider my "no" response ....

Tooold you sooo. ;)

2013-01-30 01:08:45 PM

2013-01-30 01:08:56 PM

To sweeten the deal, I'll make sure you get his BIE after the party.

I was in until the BIE.  Can I just have cheesecake?

Yes, yes you may. All the cheesecake you want. I have my mom's credit card & carte blanche.

2013-01-30 01:09:24 PM

To sweeten the deal, I'll make sure you get his BIE after the party.

\o

2013-01-30 01:09:30 PM
I think I'm going to try Galatoires This time, can't believe I've never been there before.

2013-01-30 01:10:18 PM
Road trip!  Booked at Hilton.  Haven't been to NOLA since 2002.

2013-01-30 01:10:30 PM

Tziva: I cannot afford to go this year.   I am sad about it, though.  You all have fun without me.

2013-01-30 01:11:16 PM

To sweeten the deal, I'll make sure you get his BIE after the party.

\o

You could just room with them. You'd have more opportunities to sneak a peek at Kyro's glorious man-boobage in the privacy of y'all's room.

2013-01-30 01:11:33 PM
1. Sounds like fun. It's within driving distance, so i will attend.

2. How many people normally attend these things?

3. Is there a median age or concentration of ages? Don't want to be the only 40-something guy there.

4. I say we begin now to create a pool that would be a prize to whoever finds and brings Lootie to the party. I pledge $100. Maybe Heineken will sponsor.

5. If I bring my hot, much younger girlfriend who has a habit of drinking too much and wandering off with strangers, will you all promise to leave her alone?

2013-01-30 01:11:52 PM

This makes me so sad that I cannot even begin to articulate how sad it makes me. :(

2013-01-30 01:12:02 PM

Sir Cumference the Flatulent: No can do. Sorry.

Look pal, you better be coming to this unless you're out of the damn country!

Oh, what? Ahh, okay. Never mind.

2013-01-30 01:12:08 PM

2013-01-30 01:12:24 PM
Unfreakable

Two quick things:
1. It's Poydras, not, Polydras
2. Check out dba on Frenchmen Street for Friday night. It's my Friday ritual when I'm down there for habitat. Great bar with live music and good beers.

2013-01-30 01:13:19 PM

brap: I'm still upset that Donna's closed.  That was my favorite hangout.  They always had the best music.

Me too.

2013-01-30 01:15:23 PM

mootmah: Unfreakable

Two quick things:
1. It's Poydras, not, Polydras

1. Fixed, thanks. I misread it
2. Will do. Good call

2013-01-30 01:17:23 PM
Ill be sure to clear my Calender.

/its empty anyway

2013-01-30 01:19:18 PM
The craft beer fanatics should do a side trip to the Abita Brewery...about 30 mins outside of N.O.

img820.imageshack.us
As you can see, the Beerguy has already been.

I can not recommend this enough.

2013-01-30 01:19:22 PM
Most likely won't be able to make it this year :(

2013-01-30 01:20:50 PM

2013-01-30 01:21:21 PM

2013-01-30 01:21:51 PM

Totally inserted the word "strip" in there in my head.

2013-01-30 01:23:07 PM
I would looooooooove love love to be there, and I will if I can afford it. Depends on how much money I owe in taxes this year. TBD.

2013-01-30 01:23:55 PM

Shoot me an email when you get a chance.

2013-01-30 01:24:08 PM
No mention of Drago's? Don't they have one just outside the quarter now?

2013-01-30 01:24:57 PM

Totally inserted the word "strip" in there in my head.

While we do have gogo dancers...may not be the kind you're interested in ;)

The Bourbon Pub...aka the main gay club

2013-01-30 01:25:25 PM

Alpha Sierra Foxtrot: gamergirl23: Alpha Sierra Foxtrot: I'm eliciting help now to carry Kyro home because, quite frankly, I'm a weakling. EIP if you'd like to volunteer.

To sweeten the deal, I'll make sure you get his BIE after the party.

I was in until the BIE.  Can I just have cheesecake?

Hrm.  I should find mine, just in case.

2013-01-30 01:26:29 PM
I would very much enjoy attending, if I may. Yes, enjoy very much.

2013-01-30 01:26:44 PM
As far as recommendations for New Orleans Om Nom Noms go:

Drago's $$$ (My TOP TOP TOP recommendation)

2 Poydras St, New Orleans

Recommendation: The Chargrilled Oysters. Drago's was the originator of this recipe that has now gone viral across the country. Yet nobody has perfected it besides Drago's. Great seafood gumbo too.

Antoine's $$$$$

713 St. Louis Street

Recommendation: ANYTHING....but ask to sit "in the back" as the front of the restaurant is geared more towards tourists. The back half of the restaurant is decorated with Mardi Gras regallia and other authentic New Orleans historical items. It's nice.

Elizabeth's $$$

601 Gallier St. New Orleans, LA (A little out of the way)

Recommendation: Crab Cake Eggs Benedict

Camellia Grill $$

540 Chartres St, New Orleans

Recommendation: Mushroom Swiss Burger (Rare). This is just a great ole dirty burger joint. But you'd be hard pressed to find a more satisfying burger in this town.

2013-01-30 01:27:21 PM

Unfreakable: ertai_lapis: As another native, I MUST ask: "Why Bourbon Street?" As a service to others, I'll probably lead a side-trip or two to the Marigny, so you can see actual good bars, and not touristy crap hawked on Bourbon. Also, I'm down for a poker tournament.

Not everything has to take place on Bourbon Street, but for a lot of people who have never been there, it wouldn't make sense to go to New Orleans and then not even go there once. New Orleans is a hell of a lot more than just Bourbon Street, and I expect that the locals will be able to show noobs like me what's cool.

NOLA farker here as you may know.  I'm willing to help.  At least give some ideas.  And yes, I should be able to attend most events.

2013-01-30 01:29:09 PM

Unfreakable: Hey locals: what are the must-see/must-do things when we get there? What restaurants do you recommend? What places?

it really depends on what you want and how much you feel like spending

as said everywhere, frenchman street for some music, deeper into the marigny for something different.

for some well crafted cocktails, bar tonique or pravda (or, more precisely, perestroika at pravda, they've changed management from an empty russian themed bar that had absinthe to an excellent cocktail bar that also happens to serve absinthe.  i really like the cleverness in the name that accompanied the change)

st claude st or st roch's for some dirty hipster bounce party.  (bounce is a native new orleans music that is probably the lowest form of music on earth, but is also pretty awesome.  it is impossible to dance poorly to it).  on a side note, our hipsters are infinitely better than all other hipsters.  they are usually just poor young people that build strange things and play instruments.

kajun's for karaoke.

when if comes to food...  it really depends on whether you want new food, or traditional creole or cajun fare.  there are a lot of chefs here doing some amazing things.

for the weird foodie, check out serendipity (or green goddess, if you don't mind waiting 3 hours to eat -- but, at least it's in quarter).

X1's Here: Camellia Grill...take the St. Charles Streetcar all the way Uptown. And after you stuff yourselves there, walk across the street and stuff yourselves with more food and lots o' booze at Cooter Brown's.

but, if you go far uptown, check out boucherie.  awesome restaurant, and very nicely priced for the quality of food.  has good beer on tap too, for a restaurant.

2013-01-30 01:29:39 PM

ffish: drkdstryer: Alpha Sierra Foxtrot: I'm eliciting help now to carry Kyro home because, quite frankly, I'm a weakling. EIP if you'd like to volunteer.

To sweeten the deal, I'll make sure you get his BIE after the party.

\o

Looking in on their sexytime just wouldn't be the same if I didn't have a pane of glass between us, fogging up with my heated breath. I have a ritual, and I like to keep to it.

2013-01-30 01:30:13 PM

pute kisses like a man: well, if you have a venue set up for the event already, it doesn't really matter what street it's on. and, it's not like the marigny is a far walk. i assume most people are coming in from out of town, so being close to the cbd hotels is probably a bonus. but, the bar and restaurant excursions should happen away from bourbon st, lest you create a new group of people who see only the tourist containment zone of this great city.

Also, while there's more fun IMHO outside Bourbon and the Quarter, there aren't too many good places I can see where they'd let a bunch of people rent the space out for a weekend night.

I know of one on Frenchmen, a bunch of us had a Super Bowl party there when the Saints were in.

2013-01-30 01:31:22 PM

Neverhood9: Alpha Sierra Foxtrot: Neverhood9: I work on Bourbon Street at a major club. I'd be happy to help out any way I can :)

Totally inserted the word "strip" in there in my head.

While we do have gogo dancers...may not be the kind you're interested in ;)

The Bourbon Pub...aka the main gay club

A bunch of internet blog types at a gay club should be (as we call it in the south) a "hoot".

/I'm in
//Definitely not enabling suppressed homosexual urges
///No, really - I just like to see the gay chicks.

2013-01-30 01:32:25 PM

Neverhood9: As far as recommendations for New Orleans Om Nom Noms go:

Drago's $$$ (My TOP TOP TOP recommendation)

2 Poydras St, New Orleans

Antoine's $$$$$

713 St. Louis Street

Elizabeth's $$$

601 Gallier St. New Orleans, LA (A little out of the way)

Recommendation: Crab Cake Eggs Benedict

Camellia Grill $$

540 Chartres St, New Orleans

Yo Mama's $

St. Peter's by Bourbon

Requirement: Peanut Butter Bacon Burger

2013-01-30 01:35:13 PM

pute kisses like a man: there's a camellia grill on chartres in the quarter. opened recently.  but a better breakfast place is coulis, bring some vodka, they'll make you an awesome bloody mary (they don't have a liquor license).

I know there's a new one, but I figured the ppl that have never been to NOLA might be interested in a ride on the Streetcar, plus the sightseeing along St. Charles Ave.

I love The Coffee Pot for breakfast, and also The Ruby Slipper.

2013-01-30 01:35:31 PM

2013-01-30 01:36:25 PM

mootmah: Elizabeth's $$$

601 Gallier St. New Orleans, LA (A little out of the way)

Recommendation: Crab Cake Eggs Benedict

How can you bring up Elizabeth's and not mentioned the candied bacon??

2013-01-30 01:36:44 PM

megalynn44: Somebody will come with me to get a spiked milkshake at Stanley, right? Afterwards we can get our fortune's told in the square. It's cliche'd tourist as shiat but I don't care. It's fun!

I don't see why not.  That sounds fun, but I'll skip the fortune telling.

2013-01-30 01:37:14 PM

i love chef deBarr... but, I haven't been back to serendipity since the soft opening.  i feel like I need to go back.

2013-01-30 01:38:02 PM

X1's Here: mootmah: Elizabeth's $$$

601 Gallier St. New Orleans, LA (A little out of the way)

Recommendation: Crab Cake Eggs Benedict

How can you bring up Elizabeth's and not mentioned the candied bacon??

Holy crapballs....you're right! I...I am ashamed :(

Praline Bacon!

2013-01-30 01:39:15 PM

pute kisses like a man: X1's Here: On Thurs or Fri, I am planning a stop for lunch at my friend's restaurant in Mid-City, in the American Can Company. It's called Serendipity, and it's run by Chef Chris DeBarr (formerly of Green Goddess). Anyone that wants to join me is very welcome. The man is a genius with food.

You do.
You do, indeed. Open for lunch, now.

The last time I was there, it was raining and I finished my (long) lunch with a French Press pot of Dark Roast Mello Joy coffee, watched the rain...best afternoon I've had in a long while.

View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest