Host: HenryFnord
Description: Fark Party Halifax style: THIS SAT, Nov 3, 7 pm @ Lower Deck. Yzziefrog and Pope Larry II will be in attendance. Let's show these Uppity Canadians what a party is really like. Link goes to venue
Date/Time: November 3, 2012 - 07:00 PM (local time)
Party Info: Lower Deck at 7. Yzziefrog and Pope Larry II are in town for the weekend. Let's show them how it's done

Location: Lower Deck
Historic Properties
Halifax, NS
(902) 425-1501
(view map)

950 clicks; posted to Main » on 03 Nov 2012 at 7:59 AM (1 year ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

First | « | 1 | 2 | » | Last | Show all

2012-10-29 12:18:44 PM
Will Sidney Crosby be there?

He ain't got sh*t all else to do.

/except play for money in Denver

2012-10-29 12:24:25 PM
Hello city, you've found an enemy in me...

2012-10-29 12:30:32 PM
i1151.photobucket.com
They wanted us to "raise" the roof - not "raze" it!

Well, this is awkward.

2012-10-29 12:30:46 PM

CraicBaby: Hello city, you've found an enemy in me...

We'll have a porter in your honour if you call off the death feud.

2012-10-29 12:35:53 PM
Hey, we need our Canadian friends right now to keep America's hat from blowing off.
imageshack.us
/That's Yzzie on the right

2012-10-29 12:51:58 PM

/good luck waiting till your hammered to walk home back uphill

2012-10-29 12:59:57 PM
Have fun in Halifax, guys! Drink one for me!

2012-10-29 01:02:08 PM

unyon: If you're going to Halifax to teach them how to party, then you're in for a surprise. Turns out, they kinda already know.

Yes - but 'merikuns can party via drinking that watered-down goat piss they call "beer".
If morbidly-obese yanks can get drunk on that then we owe it to them to listen to their bloviations of grandeur.

2012-10-29 01:40:24 PM
So apparently the link doesn't go to the venue anymore, so here it is if you're somehow unfamiliar with the Lower Deck.

2012-10-29 01:44:35 PM
Hmmm....

2012-10-29 01:50:33 PM
Hopefully this'll be as good as the last one we had.

2012-10-29 01:56:08 PM
I love Halifax, wish I could be there!!!!

2012-10-29 01:59:13 PM
The only problem being that I would have to go to the Lower Deck...

2012-10-29 01:59:33 PM
"Warp me to Halifax."

2012-10-29 01:59:42 PM
Hopefully the Fark CrotchCamTM will be operational.

2012-10-29 02:01:00 PM

And BTW - get your Farking asses down to Canada's westcoast sometime - we know how to tip one or two ourselves.

2012-10-29 02:05:25 PM
Be sure to stagger over to Pizza Corner afterwards, and get yourself a Donair.
brittgoeseast.files.wordpress.com

2012-10-29 02:05:43 PM

bigjoeburke: Sorry to disappoint, but the Nova Scotians will likely send your sorry, hungover asses packing well before you make it to last call. Some fine, serious drinking goes on in them thar maritimes.

We Scotians are hardy, but it's the Newfoundlanders you really have to watch out for in a drinking contest. I spent nearly a decade there. Trust me. It's deadly b'y.

2012-10-29 02:07:28 PM

Cletus from Canuckistan: Be sure to stagger over to Pizza Corner afterwards, and get yourself a Donairknuckle-sandwich.[brittgoeseast.files.wordpress.com image 460x345]

Fix'd that pour vous.

2012-10-29 03:24:19 PM
Warp me to Halifax!

2012-10-29 03:35:22 PM
.... might be a good time to go down and visit some family ....

/thinking about it
//last there in the 90s

2012-10-29 03:42:12 PM
If you do it while you're drunk, that's okay. I'm just concerned that the staff might all be dead. My son-in-law has had his application floating around for 3 years and its now sitting in that office.

Have a great party!

Nova Scotian Sayings:
Ain't it ........................ Added to the end of any sentence.
Bluenoser ....................... A Nova Scotian.
Come a daisy .................... Pull, push, hit hard.
Either fish or cut bait......... One thing at a time.
Ever ............................ As in 'Was it ever cold.'
Fart in a windstorm ............. A fuss over nothing.
Finest kind ........... As in 'Nova Scotians are the finest kind.'
Holy liftin' or Holy mackerel ... An exclamation.
Poor mans fertilizer ............ A late snow.
Upalong ......................... Up the shore or inland.
Right some .............. As in 'That pie was right some good.'

2012-10-29 04:21:06 PM

Unfortunately regional CICs no longer offer counter service, so there's no "popping in" to see if they've succumbed to pan-asiatic bird flu type IV, and the only phone contact is a national call centre in (Ontario?). Also, a number of regional CICs have been closed. Halifax remains, but is now also taking on the workload of the closed Char'town office and possibly others. I don't believe their staffing levels have increased at all with this additional workload.

2012-10-29 07:45:34 PM

HenryFnord: Dumski: I would appreciate someone from Halifax checking out the government building on Brunswick street to see if anyone is working in Canada Immigration.

You are sort of right. Halifax is the only office dealing with any and all applications for the entire Maritimes. There is popping in, but by appt. only. All other offices in the maritimes have counter services except Charlottetown, where our application was sent in 2009 from Vancouver. Jeebus, 2.5 yrs for files to cross Canada!
Completed applications are processed in Vegrevile, sent back to Halifax, and say you live in oh, St. John, you get interviewed there (by appointment), then your file is sent back to Halifax, which could take months or years.
See, Halifax matters to me! And I live in B.C.

Been dealing with these bureaucrats since Feb, and know most of the workarounds.
I am having hope for Halifax office!

Its a good omen when Farkers are having a party there!......isn't it?  Again, have fun on the 2nd!!

2012-10-29 11:08:59 PM

2012-10-30 12:05:34 AM

[brittgoeseast.files.wordpress.com image 460x345]

Ohmigod...I almost ate my computer looking at that Donair! Haligonians and their killer Donairs

Halifax is one awesome city....makes our US cities look dull and stupid. And I could use a Keith's IPA draught about right now

2012-10-30 06:39:17 AM
Ohhh yep, I'm gonna be there!

2012-10-30 08:49:40 AM

Plastic Diver Guy: Of course you guys would have one on my working weekend. Have fun and show them how we stumble uphill with class!

You sound like you're developing the flu. I recommend calling off and drinking plenty of fluids.

2012-10-30 11:15:27 AM

[brittgoeseast.files.wordpress.com image 460x345]

I haven't had a donair in ages! WANT!!!

I have no doubts the locals can outparty us with gusto. I can't imagine being able to follow a Maritimer's drinking pace without serious medical consequences.

But we are very much looking forward to the company!

2012-10-30 12:27:06 PM

Yzziefrog: Cletus from Canuckistan: Be sure to stagger over to Pizza Corner afterwards, and get yourself a Donair.
[brittgoeseast.files.wordpress.com image 460x345]

I haven't had a donair in ages! WANT!!!

But we are very much looking forward to the company!

Sicilian -- bbq chicken pizza.

2012-10-30 01:08:14 PM

[brittgoeseast.files.wordpress.com image 460x345]

I haven't had a donair in ages! WANT!!!

But we are very much looking forward to the company!

Go down to Venus Pizza on Barrington and try the shawarma. Seriously.

2012-11-01 09:26:03 AM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THIS WOULD HAPPEN so broke or i would be there farkin aye

2012-11-01 09:46:31 AM

/hubtown boy who would like to be there

2012-11-01 11:08:40 AM
Damn family events... I'll see if I can make it. Have fun in any case!

Eat donairs. Lots of them.

2012-11-01 11:35:05 AM

2012-11-01 10:01:56 PM

JonnyG: Wtf is this sh*t? Y'all gotta give the liters more notice! I'll never find a sitter that will allow me to be gone for a minimum of 3 days... because that's just how something like this would turn out if I showed up.

/hubtown boy who would like to be there

I'm starting to get worried now...

HenryFnord: I expect the bar'll be packed. If you can wear some red so we can all find each other. Hope to see you there.

*mentally checks suitcase contents* I have a red scarf. Well... reddish. More like a dark pink. Sort of a magenta going on crimson, somewhere between cardinal and cerise. I hope I don't stand out too much.

2012-11-02 08:03:07 PM
cdn.chrisd.ca

Americans showing Nova Scotians how to party? Heh.

2012-11-02 08:07:44 PM
I have yet to successfully make it out to a Fark party. This time around I'm pregnant and sick. My Lower Deck days feel very far away right now, haha. Have fun!

2012-11-02 08:09:13 PM
Funny, I was half hoping this was going to be about Romney announcing he's dropping out of the running.

2012-11-02 09:05:43 PM
Already had plans in Saint John, otherwise would be tempting. Haven't been to the Lower Deck since 1999. Far, far too long.

Surprised so many of my old haunts are still floating around - Your Father's Mustache, Thirsty Duck, Split Crow, Maxwell's Plum, and the like.

/shawarma beats donair any day of the week
//Yeah I went there
///all still tasty tho.
////also realizing I'm out of Propeller Pilsner. Can only get Bitter and Porter here in NB.
//this slashie is off catching STDs at the Lick'er Dome (that's still open, right?)

2012-11-02 09:20:58 PM
Would love to go but I have a prior engagement. Had a blast at the last Halifax Fark Party at Maxwells.
/One of us, One of us.

2012-11-02 09:34:33 PM
what jonnyboog said. but i'll let others know.

2012-11-02 09:48:00 PM
Great, now I'm just homesick. Don't forget to sing Barrett's Privateers! Link

2012-11-02 10:06:08 PM
Wish we could go!

Happy Fark Party!

2012-11-02 10:26:08 PM

Elle.t123: Great, now I'm just homesick. Don't forget to sing Barrett's Privateers! Link

Brilliant, brilliant stuff.Thank you for that.

2012-11-02 10:46:04 PM

I thinnk it's required by law.

Raise a pint for me - not enough notice for a liter like me!

2012-11-03 12:01:17 AM
Have fun! I'd have loved to go, but I'm on the west coast now. Vancouver Fark Party anyone?

I would do terrible things for a real donair after a night of heavy drinking, though. None of this garlic sauce or tzatziki shiat.

/although it is still tasty
//just not the same

2012-11-03 06:22:27 AM

Have a great party!

Nova Scotian Newfoundland Sayings:
Ain't it ........................ Added to the end of any sentence.
Bluenoser ....................... A Nova Scotian.
Come a daisy .................... Pull, push, hit hard.
Either fish or cut bait......... One thing at a time.
Ever ............................ As in 'Was it ever cold.'
Fart in a windstorm ............. A fuss over nothing.
Finest kind ........... As in 'Nova Scotians are the finest kind.'
Holy liftin' or Holy mackerel ... An exclamation.
Poor mans fertilizer ............ A late snow.
Upalong ......................... Up the shore or inland.
Right some .............. As in 'That pie was right some good.'

FTFY. I live here. We don't use these. Except for possibly "ever", but I didn't know that was an exclusive, regional term.

As for the Immigration Canada question, I'm pretty sure that's just another bar.

2012-11-03 07:14:52 AM
better enjoy lower deck while it's still at that location! it's moving to clayton park soon

2012-11-03 08:05:04 AM
if i live'd in halifax i'd rock your world

First | « | 1 | 2 | » | Last | Show all