Host: Show_The_O_Face
Description: Omaha Fark Party at the Upstream Brewery Oct 20th at 7pm
Date/Time: October 20, 2012 - 07:00 PM (local time)
Party Info: So we are going to have an Omaha Fark Party at 7pm at the Upstream brewery on 171st and West Center road (full address for GPS is 17070 Wright Plaza, Omaha, NE 68130). We have the Lounge room reserved for our gathering needs. It's going to be a cash bar (duh), but if you want to order food, contact Show_the_O_Face at Ultrafark . com and I can add it to our banquet menu with a small donation.

2050 clicks; posted to Main » on 20 Oct 2012 at 7:59 AM (1 year ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

First | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | » | Last | Show all

2012-10-19 09:25:21 PM

Omahawg: right now, One Bad Apple, if I show up at all it might be with a 3 year old

I am planning on at least stopping in but I also have another engagement saturday night at big john's billiards to see an old friend who is in from out of town.

We'd still love to have you.

2012-10-19 09:26:33 PM

2012-10-19 09:29:17 PM

I'll have a camera as well but I have a special picture that needs to be taken...

2012-10-19 09:42:39 PM

deb fischer blowing ernie chambers behind Stoysich House of Sausage?

that would be funny but I'd make fun of Mr. Chambers for stooping so low.

2012-10-19 10:16:48 PM

One Bad Apple: Last minute roll call ?

List fails without....me!

2012-10-19 10:17:12 PM

Omahawg: andyofne: quiotu: Kidding aside, me and Bad Apple should be around, and with a designated driver to boot! With a professional-grade camera! So come in your Sunday's best, we'll make sure he takes pictures at the absolute most inopportune moments.

deb fischer blowing ernie chambers behind Stoysich House of Sausage?

that would be funny but I'd make fun of Mr. Chambers for stooping so low.

No. But it MIGHT involve Brenda Council. (sp)

2012-10-19 10:50:14 PM

One Bad Apple: Last minute roll call ?

I'll be there.

2012-10-19 11:09:01 PM

...who is currently in Norton, Kansas but still going

I feel like we can do a Honeymooners bit here.

We went into the Crossroads B&N tonight. Is that still technically a "mall?"

2012-10-19 11:14:31 PM

And you didn't get shot at?

There's a reason that area is classified as 'blighted'

2012-10-19 11:15:56 PM

2012-10-19 11:19:21 PM
Ya we need more uneployment bigger deficit you sick f--ks

2012-10-19 11:27:10 PM

...who is currently in Norton, Kansas but still going

I feel like we can do a Honeymooners bit here.

We went into the Crossroads B&N tonight. Is that still technically a "mall?"

No. It's a little sad, isn't it?

You have to drive another few miles west to get to the 'real' mall.

2012-10-19 11:27:48 PM

SuddenlySamhain: I live off 92nd and Q but Im working Sat night....plus I dont drink....plus ive no interest in meeting any of you.

LoL - Well, thanks! You seem like a gem to me.

2012-10-19 11:39:16 PM

andyofne: You have to drive another few miles west to get to the 'real' mall.

We went to Westroads too--the wife wanted to browse DSW and I wanted a book.

Show_The_O_Face: And you didn't get shot at?

There's a reason that area is classified as 'blighted'

Apparently, I blended in with the crowds. I told the cashier we had to run to Target and she said, "Be careful." I said, "I got this book I could probably hit someone with." "Do you want a bag?" "Yes, that way I can treat it like a sock full of rocks."

2012-10-19 11:44:43 PM

...who is currently in Norton, Kansas but still going

I feel like we can do a Honeymooners bit here.

We went into the Crossroads B&N tonight. Is that still technically a "mall?"

No. It's a little sad, isn't it?

You have to drive another few miles west to get to the 'real' mall.

42nd and center?

hmm.....

2012-10-19 11:52:21 PM

...who is currently in Norton, Kansas but still going

I feel like we can do a Honeymooners bit here.

We went into the Crossroads B&N tonight. Is that still technically a "mall?"

No. It's a little sad, isn't it?

You have to drive another few miles west to get to the 'real' mall.

42nd and center?

hmm.....

Last time I checked, WEST of Crossroads would be West Roads, Oakview, or Village Point.

Villiage Point is probably a 'better' shopping area but I hate the layout. I work right at Oakview so I tend to go there if I'm inclined to mall shop.

2012-10-19 11:55:04 PM

sweet jeez: Ya we need more uneployment bigger deficit you sick f--ks

And really, w.t.f?

2012-10-20 12:00:49 AM

One Bad Apple: Last minute roll call ?

One Bad Apple

quiotu

lendog

andyofne

CraicBaby

The English Major

Show_The_O_Face

KingoftheCheese

TheLads69

Omahawg

Klom Dark

Maybe a few filthy lurkers too ?

Filthy lurker who will probably show up to throw back a couple. Wonder if they still have the BBQ chicken pizza there... Been a while since I've been down there.

2012-10-20 12:03:55 AM
(just in case I don't see the person with the panda hat)

2012-10-20 12:19:08 AM

(just in case I don't see the person with the panda hat)

From the roll call it appears anyone without a vayjaynay is likely a Farker.

2012-10-20 12:19:25 AM

(just in case I don't see the person with the panda hat)

I think, if you look at the top of the page... it says something about " the Lounge room we have available for our party needs."

2012-10-20 12:25:57 AM

(just in case I don't see the person with the panda hat)

I'm trying to find out if anyone is planning on bringing nametags. But just head upstairs and find the lounge room. There'll be people that MUST be farkers up there.

2012-10-20 12:27:50 AM
If you see guy with long brown hair come up, yell at him. Also, buy him lots of beer.

2012-10-20 12:32:35 AM

andyofne: Omahawg: andyofne: The English Major: Unfreakable: Mike: I dunno if I'm a filthy lurker, but I'll be there and so will Unfreakable.

...who is currently in Norton, Kansas but still going

I feel like we can do a Honeymooners bit here.

We went into the Crossroads B&N tonight. Is that still technically a "mall?"

No. It's a little sad, isn't it?

You have to drive another few miles west to get to the 'real' mall.

42nd and center?

hmm.....

2012-10-20 12:45:52 AM

Omahawg: slow down, tex, it was just a joke. the center was omaha's first mall and will always have a special place in my heart for its bowling alley that I never bowled at but found mysterious in its mid-1980s almost abandoned incarnation.

Ha. Ha. I never experienced it. When I moved here, Crossroads was "the" mall to go to. Everything happened at 72nd and Dodge. And that wasn't all that long ago... at least that's how it seemed to me.

2012-10-20 12:48:09 AM

Show_The_O_Face: andyofne: DownIncognito: What is the recommended method for figuring out where the farkers are, or will that be obvious?
(just in case I don't see the person with the panda hat)

If you like, I can swing by work and pick up a stack...

2012-10-20 12:55:43 AM

FlashHarry: Whiskey Pete: Last years Omaha FARK party:

[i1162.photobucket.com image 850x637]

[i39.tinypic.com image 544x716]

and the year before that.

/actually taken by a friend of my wife in okoboji
//*shudder*

I knew I saw The Ritz

2012-10-20 01:07:28 AM

Show_The_O_Face: The English Major: We went into the Crossroads B&N tonight. Is that still technically a "mall?"

And you didn't get shot at?

There's a reason that area is classified as 'blighted'

Now, now. It's what, half a mile from Fair Acres. That's the kind of blight to which I aspire.

2012-10-20 01:08:50 AM

2012-10-20 01:12:19 AM

What about Southroads? :)

Now, that place was already 'declined' when I moved to Bellevue in 1995. Does it even still function as a mall?

2012-10-20 01:20:59 AM

andyofne: TOG85: Yeah, crossroads has pretty well died as far as a business goes. I usually go to westroads or oakview whenever I need to go to a mall. Which isn't often ... though if I need to replace a tire, I'll usually go to sears over at oakview just so I can roam around the mall or go to the food court to waste time while its being done.

What about Southroads? :)

I barely remember southroads from when I was younger. I'm fairly certain they've completely closed down now. I'm a bit of a young pup, was only 10 back in '95.

2012-10-20 01:23:19 AM
looks like the future to me
www.labelscar.com

2012-10-20 07:40:55 AM

One Bad Apple: andyofne:

Looks like it's going to be a sausage fest. *sigh*

I'm holding out hope that Omahawg will show up with a harem of strippers and other *ahem* working girls.

lendog: I would like to go. Do you have to RSVP? Do you have to be a total farker?

THE lendog from Todd and Tyler ?

shiat, I have a sponsorship to whore out if you want it

Yes I am the same lendog

2012-10-20 08:33:20 AM
Obama Fark Party?!? Oh my god, wow!

Nebraska? Oh. Nevermind

2012-10-20 08:57:55 AM

2012-10-20 09:24:48 AM

The English Major: What the hell was going on at the CenturyLink center last night? When we got into town I wasn't anticipating the amount of people convinced I needed to park in their Event Parking lots.

College Hockey. Same tonight.

2012-10-20 10:00:00 AM
Aw dagnabit.

I live in Lincoln but I have to work tonight. What a rip.

I would totally get wasted at a FARK party otherwise.

Peace out.

2012-10-20 11:32:28 AM
I still do most of my shopping at Southroads

2012-10-20 11:46:30 AM

SuddenlySamhain: I still do most of my shopping at Southroads

It what store?

2012-10-20 11:50:23 AM

SuddenlySamhain: I still do most of my shopping at Southroads

My wife and I walked into Southroads once a few years back and a group of youths propositioned her. It was quite inappropriate.

2012-10-20 12:51:36 PM
Depending on when Mrs. Zik-Zak's flight arrives at Eppley, I'll swing by, hopefully.

2012-10-20 01:48:17 PM
What's the over under? Seven people?

2012-10-20 02:09:33 PM

Crossroads was taken over by some broad who didn't put any money into it and doubled the lease rates in one month. Held onto it until no one wanted to go there, now no one wants to put in the money to renovate it again. City wanted to intervene, but they can't get enough support to pull it out of the hole it's in now. It's in danger of becoming Omaha's Southroads.

Having lived 3 blocks from it most of my life, it kills me to see the place a barren wasteland now. Almost as bad as seeing Peony Park torn down.

2012-10-20 02:13:42 PM

quiotu: TOG85: Yeah, crossroads has pretty well died as far as a business goes. I usually go to westroads or oakview whenever I need to go to a mall. Which isn't often ... though if I need to replace a tire, I'll usually go to sears over at oakview just so I can roam around the mall or go to the food court to waste time while its being done.

Oakview is going to a similar path. It's not bad yet. Were they both owned by the same company?

Long time "good" stores have left Oakview due to lease increases and when they leave the spots stay empty for a long time only to be filled with goofy shiat that no one seems to want to go into.

Not that I have any love for Radioshack but how can they run RS out of the mall and then put in a "Brow Beauty" place that plucks eye lashes? Anyway, there are a lot of empty stores on the surrounding perimeter, too.

2012-10-20 02:19:54 PM

Was definitely a sad day when Peony Park was torn down. I had a ton of fond memories there from when I was a kid. Though I do have a college friend living at the apartments there now. Crossroads could be brought back with the right management. UNO is just down the street and everyone knows college aged women love to rack up credit card debt.

2012-10-20 02:42:22 PM

basemetal: What's the over under? Seven people?

It's looking pretty promising. I wouldn't be surprised if we had a couple dozen.

2012-10-20 03:33:22 PM

TOG85: One Bad Apple: Last minute roll call ?

One Bad Apple

quiotu

lendog

andyofne

CraicBaby

The English Major

Show_The_O_Face

KingoftheCheese

TheLads69

Omahawg

Klom Dark

Maybe a few filthy lurkers too ?

I'm going to be showing up... with a couple friends who also read the site. Should be interesting.

2012-10-20 06:11:58 PM

KingoftheCheese: basemetal: What's the over under? Seven people?

There were five of us at the zoo today. FIVE.

2012-10-20 06:13:55 PM

There were five of us at the zoo today. FIVE.

6 if you count Unfreakable

2012-10-20 06:15:14 PM

Show_The_O_Face: The English Major: KingoftheCheese: basemetal: What's the over under? Seven people?

There were five of us at the zoo today. FIVE.

6 if you count Unfreakable

I wasn't counting my wife.

First | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | » | Last | Show all