Do you have adblock enabled?

Host: Show_The_O_Face
Description: Omaha Fark Party at the Upstream Brewery Oct 20th at 7pm
Date/Time: October 20, 2012 - 07:00 PM (local time)
Party Info: So we are going to have an Omaha Fark Party at 7pm at the Upstream brewery on 171st and West Center road (full address for GPS is 17070 Wright Plaza, Omaha, NE 68130). We have the Lounge room reserved for our gathering needs. It's going to be a cash bar (duh), but if you want to order food, contact Show_the_O_Face at Ultrafark . com and I can add it to our banquet menu with a small donation.

2112 clicks; posted to Main » on 20 Oct 2012 at 7:59 AM (4 years ago)   |   Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

Oldest | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | » | Newest | Show all

2012-09-14 12:57:16 AM
No outrage here. Just saying... West O is full of cornhusking coonts. It was just a suggestion. Smell you later, homes.

2012-09-14 09:26:38 AM

Mike: BUT BUT BUT IT'S WEST OF DOWNTOWN PHILLY zOMG THIS IS AN OUTRAGE

*golf clap*

2012-09-15 09:24:14 PM
We need more Fark Party threads on the main page

2012-09-15 09:27:36 PM

Wish someone would host one here..

/not me
//too lazy

2012-09-15 09:37:32 PM

jeaux65: Its a three hour drive for me from KC, and I'm pretty sure childcare won't be provided.

Wish someone would host one here..

/not me
//too lazy

I was just gonna say...I'm in KC too. Guess I better take what I can get, cause I seriously doubt anyone here is ever going to host a party. I know there are a couple of KC Farkers who go out to dinner every so often. But that doesn't count.

Anyway! How late can one buy booze in NE? Are there ghey bars in this "west omaha" place? Does anyone else from KC want to carpool?

2012-09-15 09:41:36 PM
Damn will miss by ten days

2012-09-15 09:42:11 PM

Lava Lamp Repairman: Mike: Hmmm, that's what, 12 hours out? Maaaaybe

DO EEEET!!

Omaha's pretty decent - lots of good places to eat and drink! But as a first timer you're obligated to visit the zoo and Ak-Sar-Ben...apparently those are the rules...

And Huber-Haus ... at least I always end up there when I'm in town. Making a trip next week ... bet it will happen again.

2012-09-15 09:51:13 PM
Upstream rules. Was there when I was in Omaha a couple years ago during a trip across the country. Had some incredible beer, a great steak and bought a growler and some glasses.

2012-09-15 10:34:42 PM
Do you guys wanna throw in one more Fark party reminder link for good measure?

2012-09-15 10:39:28 PM

fisker: Do you guys wanna throw in one more Fark party reminder link for good measure?

I think it's an automated thing or something that re-greens them every so often.

2012-09-15 10:44:21 PM

Party threads get automatically bumped by a bot at specific intervals before the party (12 hours, 1 day, 1 week, 2 weeks etc).  It's random chance that two parties are next weekend and two more the weekend after.  Simmah dn na.  :)

2012-09-15 10:46:00 PM
Count me in!

2012-09-15 10:49:42 PM
Ah balls. I won't be in town for it - my cousin is getting married. Anyone up for a Sunday after-party?

2012-09-15 11:12:16 PM
Well, I'm one of the guys that basically lives at that particular upstream location, so I suppose I'll go.

2012-09-15 11:20:24 PM
Glad to see a Fark Party is happening in my hometown. I've never been to one before.

2012-09-16 12:20:32 AM

Only four reasons to head east of 72nd if you live west of it:

1. Zoo
2. Airport
3. Courthouses
4. Main library

2012-09-16 12:32:58 AM

Only four reasons to head east of 72nd if you live west of it:

1. Zoo
2. Airport
3. Courthouses
4. Main library

Because Crescent moon is not on that list, I know you suck.

2012-09-16 01:28:06 AM

One Bad Apple: One for certain and I might bring 2 more with me.

The last time we had one of these at this location it was just me and one other farker. I suppose I'll show up again and laugh when he's the only one... again.

Go Omaha!

2012-09-16 01:33:33 AM

Beerinator: Oddly enough, the Upstream is 12 minutes away from my house. Lucky number 12. See you there.

Now that I've actually read the headline and thread, this isn't the Upstream we had the "party" at... we were down in the Old Market, which really ain't so bad as that other fellow says. On the other hand... it is still Omaha.

/closer to my house though, so that's good.

2012-09-16 02:02:15 AM

Only four reasons to head east of 72nd if you live west of it:

1. Zoo
2. Airport
3. Courthouses
4. Main library

Dundee, things at the Qwest (Clink), downtown, the UNO Library, Benson...

2012-09-16 02:26:01 AM
I miss living in Dundee. Of course there's a Fark Party once I move out of Omaha. Y'all have a good time.

2012-09-16 02:27:33 AM
But remember to visit Lincoln and the new 7m dollar drainage ditch if you can. In the bad neighborhood, near downtown, where they want people to walk from to eat lunch.

/great toilet for the homeless

2012-09-16 03:24:52 AM
I'm leaving in the morning out of OMA. Who knows, I may make an appearance to display my excellence.

2012-09-16 12:17:00 PM

el_mocoso: tehbeermang: As someone who used to live in West Omaha (graduated from Burke High School, even) I am getting a huge kick out of these replies.

Only four reasons to head east of 72nd if you live west of it:

1. Zoo
2. Airport
3. Courthouses
4. Main library

Because Crescent moon is not on that list, I know you suck.

Crescent Moon is farking awesome. Love their twice-baked potato soup. Also where I discovered Shiner Bock, one of my favorite beers.

2012-09-20 03:09:27 PM

Anyone going there right after work rather than waiting til 7?

2012-09-20 03:11:34 PM

2012-09-20 06:05:52 PM
I'd go.. but you all look rough. For internet people....

2012-09-20 08:01:45 PM
I heard there were gonna be sluts at this thing. Is it true?

2012-09-20 08:03:45 PM
I read this as Obama Fark Party........

2012-09-20 08:04:10 PM
Read that as Obama Fark Party...

2012-09-20 08:13:58 PM

Only four reasons to head east of 72nd if you live west of it:

1. Zoo
2. Airport
3. Courthouses
4. Main library

Dundee, things at the Qwest (Clink), downtown, the UNO Library, Benson...

bohunk
piccolo pete's
jackson st. books
bemis art center
king fong's
the orpheum
the fine ladies (?) working st. marys and leavenworth

i can't ever see a reason to go west of 72nd...

depending on childcare I might venture that far west just to see what's what

2012-09-20 08:14:45 PM

Mr. Murder: I heard there were gonna be sluts at this thing. Is it true?

t1.gstatic.com

We have wormsign slutsign the likes of which god has never seen

2012-09-20 08:31:42 PM
How about Pipeline? What with it's proximity to the smut store and all.

2012-09-20 08:39:41 PM

Omahawg: video man: tehbeermang: As someone who used to live in West Omaha (graduated from Burke High School, even) I am getting a huge kick out of these replies.

Only four reasons to head east of 72nd if you live west of it:

1. Zoo
2. Airport
3. Courthouses
4. Main library

Dundee, things at the Qwest (Clink), downtown, the UNO Library, Benson...

bohunk
piccolo pete's
jackson st. books
bemis art center
king fong's
the orpheum
the fine ladies (?) working st. marys and leavenworth

i can't ever see a reason to go west of 72nd...

depending on childcare I might venture that far west just to see what's what

Venice Inn is mediocre for what it's hyped to be. Sadly, my grandfather loves the damn place, and is friends with the owner. So a lot of family gatherings are held there.

Also:
Hiro 88
Amsterdam Kabob and Falafel
The Red Square
Oasis Hookah
Blue Sushia
the Slowdown
The Commons
The Waiting Room
Memorial Park
The good Bronco's (The one on 120th and Pacific sucks.
Sgt. Peffers

2012-09-20 08:42:42 PM

Mr. Murder: I heard there were gonna be sluts at this thing. Is it true?

I dunno. Are you going to be there? ;)

2012-09-20 08:58:08 PM
Also, I should mention that tehre is a chance Drew might be there.

2012-09-20 09:07:21 PM

CraicBaby: Also, I should mention that tehre is a chance Drew might be there.

LIES! ALL LIES!

2012-09-20 09:08:42 PM

2012-09-20 09:08:53 PM
meh, i want a hunk of dead bloody cow and a baked potato venice inn is decent for the price although their liver pate is a poor imitation of the old 64 Club.

all in all piccolo's is a better choice, if only for the disco ball.

I forgot
the South 24th DAV and Joe Tess

Rudy Sfarzo (?) used to be Joe's carp cook but they got into an argument one night so Rudy walked and opened up his own place. Since my grandpa was one of Rudy's drinking bud's that where we always went went when I was growing up.

ah, nothing like that slice o' rye bread on the bottom that's soaked up all the pickle juice and carp grease. nom nom nom nom

2012-09-20 09:33:06 PM

One Bad Apple: Yeah you're better off promising sluts than Drew himself to pad out the attendance

No, seriously, I emailed him and he said he has to see how October shapes up, but he's considering it. So, there is a slight chance Drew might be there. I'm not promising anything, though.

2012-09-20 10:26:23 PM
i789.photobucket.com

2012-09-20 10:30:02 PM

Klom Dark: Decisions, decisions. I work about three blocks from the West Omaha Upstream. But I live about five blocks from the Old Market Upstream. Dunno if I want to drive all the way home, then all the way back. Hmmmm...

Anyone going there right after work rather than waiting til 7?

I'm sure I can. I work around 144th and West Center so it's not far to go.

2012-09-20 10:30:46 PM

CraicBaby: Also, I should mention that tehre is a chance Drew might be there.

I hope you're there. I heard nice things about you today.

2012-09-20 10:31:21 PM

Klom Dark: Oh wait, this month is not October. I was really going to be disappointed if I went tonight... Duh... :)

Well, you missed a retirement party for one of the regulars, and I hear that they will have an Oktoberfest party in October, despite how many times I've said that Oktoberfest is in September.

2012-09-20 10:45:45 PM

andyofne: I hope you're there. I heard nice things about you today.

Oh, I'm there fo' sho. I'm one of the co-hosts of this here shindig.

And which lying asshole was telling you nice things about me?

2012-09-20 10:57:13 PM

CraicBaby: andyofne: I hope you're there. I heard nice things about you today.

Oh, I'm there fo' sho. I'm one of the co-hosts of this here shindig.

And which lying asshole was telling you nice things about me?

Well, I just guess we'll have to wait and find out then...

2012-09-20 10:57:14 PM
i789.photobucket.com

2012-09-21 07:27:02 AM

ya'll just too scared to come downtown?

my sentiments exactly

2012-09-21 08:45:37 AM

otaku69: Omahawg: fark west o. everything is too weird west of 72nd street with its lame chain lookalike suburban mentality and Big Red Cornshucker religion.

ya'll just too scared to come downtown?

my sentiments exactly

No one is scared to go downtown. The West O one is simply bigger and has fewer parking issues than downtown.

2012-09-21 10:10:37 AM

Omahawg: Joe Tess

Man. I have not been there in years.

Oldest | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | » | Newest | Show all