Host: Show_The_O_Face
Description: Omaha Fark Party at the Upstream Brewery Oct 20th at 7pm
Date/Time: October 20, 2012 - 07:00 PM (local time)
Party Info: So we are going to have an Omaha Fark Party at 7pm at the Upstream brewery on 171st and West Center road (full address for GPS is 17070 Wright Plaza, Omaha, NE 68130). We have the Lounge room reserved for our gathering needs. It's going to be a cash bar (duh), but if you want to order food, contact Show_the_O_Face at Ultrafark . com and I can add it to our banquet menu with a small donation.

2057 clicks; posted to Main » on 20 Oct 2012 at 7:59 AM (2 years ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

2012-09-12 07:31:09 PM
One for certain and I might bring 2 more with me.

2012-09-12 07:57:55 PM
Where's Omaha?

2012-09-12 08:15:17 PM
Woo! I'll be there if I can get a ride from Lincoln.

2012-09-12 08:36:51 PM

Methadone Girls: Where's Omaha?

It's the beach between Utah and Gold

2012-09-12 08:37:56 PM

CraicBaby: Woo! I'll be there if I can get a ride from Lincoln.

We can pick you up. I'll be in town on the 19th.

2012-09-12 08:42:38 PM
Hmmm, that's what, 12 hours out? Maaaaybe

2012-09-12 08:46:49 PM

Mike: Hmmm, that's what, 12 hours out? Maaaaybe

I think it's 12 hours from everywhere.

2012-09-12 08:53:00 PM
Well, ain't this place a geographical oddity. 12 hours from everywhere.

2012-09-12 08:57:31 PM
I may actually have a ride now, TEM, but thanks.

2012-09-12 08:59:37 PM

2012-09-12 09:00:14 PM

Mike: Hmmm, that's what, 12 hours out? Maaaaybe

At this point, I am convinced that you are more machine than man.

Mike is everywhere man, freaking EVERYWHERE.

2012-09-12 09:00:33 PM

CraicBaby: Also, if anyone is looking for a hotel, there is a Holiday Inn Express on 177th and Wright. It's only half a mile away.

Given what happened last time I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express...no.

2012-09-12 09:01:57 PM

2012-09-12 09:07:18 PM

Show_The_O_Face: The beer is good and they have a really good food as well at this place. It isn't the cheapest place in town though.

Well, it's no Runza that's for sure.

2012-09-12 09:07:27 PM

I mean, it'll obviously NOT be anything like a MN Fark Party, but I guess you hafta party with what you've got!

2012-09-12 09:11:47 PM

Mike: Hmmm, that's what, 12 hours out? Maaaaybe

DO EEEET!!

2012-09-12 09:20:17 PM

Lava Lamp Repairman: Just spent a couple of weeks in La Vista...would have been nice to have a diversion like this.

Hey, I'm usually open for a beer if you find your self back in the area.

2012-09-12 09:35:44 PM

Show_The_O_Face: Hey, I'm usually open for a beer if you find your self back in the area.

Could happen - elder son lives there...even brought a souvenir box of Huskers candy by Russel Stover back home. Not sure if I should eat it, or frame it! Y'all are worse than Packer fans...

2012-09-12 09:55:59 PM
Sweetness. I will be there.

2012-09-12 09:57:43 PM

brap: Mike: Hmmm, that's what, 12 hours out? Maaaaybe

At this point, I am convinced that you are more machine than man.

Mike is everywhere man, freaking EVERYWHERE.

YOU CANNOT ESCAPE M*cough* bleeeh... wait what?

2012-09-12 10:01:33 PM

KingoftheCheese: Sweetness. I will be there.

You should bring a roll of tickets with you.

2012-09-12 10:06:32 PM

Lava Lamp Repairman: Y'all are worse than Packer fans...

I'm pretty sure Lincoln is smaller than Green Bay.

2012-09-12 10:34:43 PM

Lava Lamp Repairman: Omaha's pretty decent - lots of good places to eat and drink! But as a first timer you're obligated to visit the zoo and Ak-Sar-Ben...apparently those are the rules...

Suddenly I feel the urge to buy insurance.

2012-09-12 10:35:50 PM

Show_The_O_Face: Lava Lamp Repairman: Y'all are worse than Packer fans...

I'm pretty sure Lincoln is smaller than Green Bay.

Actually, Green Bay is smaller.

2012-09-12 10:44:15 PM
Maybe we can get Drew to come? I mean, Omaha can't be anymore boring than Kentucky.

2012-09-12 10:50:56 PM

Show_The_O_Face: I'm pretty sure Lincoln is smaller than Green Bay.

Population/area? Yep.

Fanaticism/devotion? Not so much...

2012-09-12 10:51:19 PM
There's a facebook page and everything!

2012-09-12 10:54:08 PM

Mike: Suddenly I feel the urge to buy insurance.

The understanding is Mutual. But it's a wild kingdom - now here's Jim on Safari in Africa.

Jim?

2012-09-12 10:58:03 PM

The English Major: KingoftheCheese: Sweetness. I will be there.

You should bring a roll of tickets with you.

They actually come in bricks.

2012-09-12 11:03:45 PM

KingoftheCheese: They actually come in bricks.

Really. Huh. That is actually quite fascinating. I guess that would make more sense. You bringing Mrs. KotC?

2012-09-12 11:06:43 PM
I'm there.

2012-09-12 11:06:52 PM
'bout time! Count me in!

2012-09-12 11:09:28 PM
Oh man - I now hope to be there...that's the same weekend as T.H.O.R. (^)'s high altitude launch BOB weekend in Pickrell. Their FAA clearance for the weekend is 22,000 MSL (~20,680 AGL). Should be EPIC!

But I just know work is going to interfere with this somehow...

2012-09-12 11:10:49 PM

2012-09-12 11:14:52 PM
i read that as "Obama Fark PArty"

2012-09-12 11:19:51 PM

ya'll just too scared to come downtown?

Don't be chicken. We'll give you a day pass to go out to the cookie cutters. We'll even cover the sidewalks with chalk outlines so you feel more at home.

We can hate the corn hucksters together.

2012-09-12 11:22:02 PM

One Bad Apple: Omahawg: fark west o. everything is too weird west of 72nd street with its lame chain lookalike suburban mentality and Big Red Cornshucker religion.

ya'll just too scared to come downtown?

We can hate the corn hucksters together.

fine. but i'm bringing ernie chambers as back-up

never trust whitey!

2012-09-12 11:23:22 PM

ya'll just too scared to come downtown?

Some people are driving from out of state to be there. If you want to biatch and moan about having to go outside of downtown, be my guest.

2012-09-12 11:26:12 PM

ya'll just too scared to come downtown?

nah, man. i'm across the river with the scary people and gay marriage.

2012-09-12 11:28:54 PM
I will be there.

AND I WILL BE SQUARE.

2012-09-12 11:30:25 PM

ya'll just too scared to come downtown?

nah, man. i'm across the river with the scary people and gay marriage.

And the meth. Don't forget the meth.

2012-09-12 11:30:32 PM

ya'll just too scared to come downtown?

It really comes down to room and parking. There's plenty of bar hopping to be had in that area of Center street if the Upstream doesn't work out.

2012-09-12 11:31:37 PM
I'm just sad that I'll be 20. I still can't get plastered in public.

2012-09-12 11:32:32 PM

ya'll just too scared to come downtown?

nah, man. i'm across the river with the scary people and gay marriage.

If you're in Counciltucky, then you really shouldn't biatch.

2012-09-12 11:38:56 PM

CraicBaby: Omahawg: CraicBaby: Omahawg: fark west o. everything is too weird west of 72nd street with its lame chain lookalike suburban mentality and Big Red Cornshucker religion.

ya'll just too scared to come downtown?

nah, man. i'm across the river with the scary people and gay marriage.

If you're in Counciltucky, then you really shouldn't biatch.

2012-09-12 11:39:25 PM
The fark party & I have to work the UNO Hockey game that night.

How long do this fark parties run?

2012-09-12 11:49:16 PM
OH that's practically across the street from where I work. Hmmm.

2012-09-12 11:53:11 PM

ya'll just too scared to come downtown?

No one ever goes downtown, that's why the Old Market is always so empty (facepalm).

2012-09-13 12:00:13 AM
what this is fark shouldn't that read Obama Fark Party

2012-09-13 12:00:50 AM
Be careful where you stay in Omaha, there is apparently a bed bug infestation there. The things you learn when your friend's brother is an Orkin man!

2012-09-13 12:06:18 AM
I have never been able to make it to a Fark party. Maybe I'll be able to make it to this one.

2012-09-13 12:08:54 AM
Awesome. Always wondered if there'd ever be a fark party I could make it to.

...and this one at one of my favorite places, no less.

I'm so there. Possibly +1 person

2012-09-13 12:14:05 AM

The English Major: KingoftheCheese: They actually come in bricks.

Maybe. It all depends on what's going on at the time. I don't know if she would be into that sort of thing.

2012-09-13 12:14:46 AM

ya'll just too scared to come downtown?

that's not downtown. that's a tourist trap and pretty well sanitized, scrubbed, and lame now with Dave dead and Tom off to brownville and drastic's a t-shirt shop and gizmo's closed and so on. downtown is 16th and Douglas and didn't used to be so dead. around the fringes they ran all the folks out for looking funny and replaced them with parking lots, desolate and empty except the occasional call girl in the back lot of the Travelodge. I can watch the Indian Runner if I want to see the venerable Delmar but as for the Irwin across from the Greyhound terminal all's I have is my memories. They shut down the Diamond, the Stockmen's Lounge on South 24th is no more, I can't get carp at Rudy's or peak into the basement to watch them carve fish, the Muse is no more, and so on.

I just miss old omaha from when I was a kid and didn't realize it was all going away before it was too late.

2012-09-13 12:23:07 AM

ya'll just too scared to come downtown?

Sucks Dave's dead, but I'm pretty sure Tom is a bad man. Neat store, but bad man.

2012-09-13 12:30:50 AM

Omahawg:

fine. but i'm bringing ernie chambers as back-up

never trust whitey!

I love that guy. I'll see if I can bring my friend that was in the Panthers back in the day. He always called West O "Never, Never Land" as in "they will never, never let my black ass live out here".

2012-09-13 12:32:05 AM
Nebraska Represent! I live in Lincoln but currently out of town for a bit.

Please pour one out for your homey in the IRQ.

2012-09-13 12:42:48 AM
It flys, man, it flys... :(

2012-09-13 12:43:29 AM

alcoda: Omahawg: bingo the psych-o: Omahawg: fark west o. everything is too weird west of 72nd street with its lame chain lookalike suburban mentality and Big Red Cornshucker religion.

ya'll just too scared to come downtown?

really? i've interacted with him for over 20 years but only ever got annoyed at him when he'd try to hit on me.

so we talking peter citron bad? or like that guy who owned the french cafe bad? or bad like this ? or what? I never heard him brought up in reference to the franklin cover-up now i'm small-town nosey...

2012-09-13 12:48:28 AM

/Probably just me
//but maybe not

2012-09-13 12:49:26 AM
And that video is both hilarious and sad at the same time.

2012-09-13 12:55:54 AM

/Probably just me
//but maybe not

interesting. he would have had the perfect set-up for that too to draw in young, alienated, artsy youth with low self-esteem. I tried to find some crazy man's youtube tour of infamous sites downtown linked to the whole Larry King thing but I couldn't seem to find it.

2012-09-13 01:00:20 AM
Something's wrong, I read this as O-ha-ma.

2012-09-13 01:00:28 AM
woops. found it

it was a bad time to be a teenaged kid in these parts when john joubert was stationed at offutt as well.

good times...good times....

2012-09-13 01:03:57 AM

2012-09-13 01:04:04 AM

Omahawg: alcoda: Yeah, Peter Citron bad. Never minded he was gay, but wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him. No proof mind you, just intense gut feeling. And for what it's worth, which is very little, I did hear his name bandied about during the FCU thing. Was in high school at the time, and hung around downtown a lot.

/Probably just me
//but maybe not

Well that's what the Antiquarium was, wasn't it? I might just be a horribly suspicious person, but I spent a fair amount of time there. Didn't trust the whole situation. I'd love to see that video. If only to compare it against my memories. Omaha was a weird place in the eighties.

2012-09-13 01:09:23 AM
part two

part three

I spent plenty of time there too. best bookstore ever!

2012-09-13 01:11:01 AM

Methadone Girls: Where's Omaha?

It's in Nebraska.

2012-09-13 01:12:19 AM

Omahawg: woops. found it

good times...good times....

Aw shiat, forgot about Joubert. Another crappy memory. Thanks for the vid link. I'll check it out in the AM. Gotta head to sleep. Worky, worky.

2012-09-13 01:36:42 AM

CraicBaby: Woo! I'll be there if I can get a ride from Lincoln.

Hmm, I can do that. Finally a fark party I can make!

2012-09-13 02:32:33 AM
Whatever. We all know Omaha was born in Kenya, Hawaii.

Read your Bible. It's in there.

2012-09-13 02:46:34 AM

ya'll just too scared to come downtown?

nah, man. i'm across the river with the scary people and gay marriage.

wow. i've never heard someone brag about being from counciltuky before.

/from sioux city
/lived in omaha for a few years

2012-09-13 02:51:36 AM
Hmm - I might be able to make this.

2012-09-13 04:51:07 AM
do they take czechs??

2012-09-13 07:22:01 AM

KingVJ: How long do this fark parties run?

Till we all fall down.

2012-09-13 07:38:59 AM

You're the only one biatching about it, bro. Hope you realize that.

2012-09-13 08:26:04 AM
When you go, watch out for the roving gangs of kickboxers from Des Moines.

2012-09-13 08:39:20 AM
this is relevant to my interests...

never been to a fark party. do they end up like politics tab discussions?

2012-09-13 08:54:22 AM
btw - the facebook page lists it as the downtown upstream, not the one out west.

2012-09-13 09:05:31 AM

FlashHarry: this is relevant to my interests...

never been to a fark party. do they end up like politics tab discussions?

Dear god, no. We just get drunk and try to make awkward conversation with each other.

2012-09-13 09:19:35 AM

CraicBaby: FlashHarry: this is relevant to my interests...

never been to a fark party. do they end up like politics tab discussions?

It's going to be like high school all over again!

2012-09-13 09:35:49 AM

The English Major: CraicBaby: FlashHarry: this is relevant to my interests...

never been to a fark party. do they end up like politics tab discussions?

It's going to be like high school all over again!

Aw, am I going to be the weird chick sitting in the back of the room again?

2012-09-13 10:29:29 AM

jigmeoser: do they take czechs??

Can you fix a roof? Most here would see you as a Mexican with a weird accent.

I keed.

Definitely going if I can... a shame there's no UFC fights happening that night. Course I don't know if the Upstream shows those, or if they're too hipster to show sports.

2012-09-13 11:02:00 AM

quiotu: jigmeoser:

upstream... hipster? yuppie maybe

2012-09-13 11:10:23 AM

2012-09-13 11:38:57 AM

I should wear one of my legendary ties.

2012-09-13 11:47:34 AM
Depending on my 3 month old and wife, I'm going to try like hell to be there.

2012-09-13 12:07:53 PM

The English Major: CraicBaby: If I can remember (and I suck at remembering shiat) I'll bring nametags because I'm probably not going to recognize most of you motherfarkers. Except The English Major, because he'll probably be the only brown guy there.

I should wear one of my legendary ties.

2012-09-13 01:13:26 PM

I don't own a sombrero. I have no use for one.

2012-09-13 01:29:51 PM
Sweet, this'll be my first FARK party.

For people from out of town Upstream's Firetruck Red is very good and Lucky Bucket's Octoberfest, great beers.

2012-09-13 01:59:31 PM

The English Major: CraicBaby: Just wear a big farking sombrero. Of course we'll all still be more Mexican than you.

I don't own a sombrero. I have no use for one.

Like I said, we're all more Mexican than you.

2012-09-13 02:51:50 PM

CraicBaby: Omahawg: close, anyway. I just prefer downtown, South O, or North O. good folks, better food, no BS. My time working in the Garden Cafe out in Millard back in the mid-90s pretty well soured me on the place and the people. I've received the kindly help of strangers on South 13th but only unkind stares out in Linoma-land where they grow Heritage Homes on once fertile fields.

You're the only one biatching about it, bro. Hope you realize that.

man, i'd biatch if I got hung with a new rope. besides, any excuse to mock west o is good enough for me.

2012-09-13 03:07:48 PM

strix99: Sweet, this'll be my first FARK party.

How many Omaha Fark parties have there been ?

2012-09-13 03:49:15 PM
I'm kinda surprised there are so many farkers in this area. If I'm in town I might stop by.

2012-09-13 04:21:18 PM

One Bad Apple: strix99: Sweet, this'll be my first FARK party.

How many Omaha Fark parties have there been ?

Some people go to Fark parties in other cities.

/been to Edmonton, Chicago and Vegas Fark parties

2012-09-13 05:36:23 PM

Lemmy Kilmister: i read that as "Obama Fark PArty"

Me too. I wonder what his login name is.

2012-09-13 05:39:36 PM
I can't wait! I'm gonna get soooo wasted...

(2 beers).

2012-09-13 06:07:11 PM
Fantastic

2012-09-13 07:34:35 PM
I don't think I want to know what you people look like.

2012-09-14 12:07:14 AM
When I look at a map of Omaha, the West might as well be uncharted waters with the words "Thar be monsters here," but I might just have to set sail for this... even though I'm only a block away from the downtown location where I could just roll myself down the hill and into bed. Any hope for a compromise, like somewhere midtown? I work at Beertopia and might be able to arrange a private party at Max & Joe's if there's nothing else already happening there at the time.

Anyway... long time lurker, but I just signed up so I could comment here. Looking forward to meeting some fellow farktards.

2012-09-14 12:24:44 AM
BUT BUT BUT IT'S WEST OF DOWNTOWN PHILLY zOMG THIS IS AN OUTRAGE

2012-09-14 12:57:16 AM
No outrage here. Just saying... West O is full of cornhusking coonts. It was just a suggestion. Smell you later, homes.

2012-09-14 09:26:38 AM

Mike: BUT BUT BUT IT'S WEST OF DOWNTOWN PHILLY zOMG THIS IS AN OUTRAGE

*golf clap*

2012-09-15 09:24:14 PM
We need more Fark Party threads on the main page

2012-09-15 09:27:36 PM

Wish someone would host one here..

/not me
//too lazy

2012-09-15 09:37:32 PM

jeaux65: Its a three hour drive for me from KC, and I'm pretty sure childcare won't be provided.

Wish someone would host one here..

/not me
//too lazy

I was just gonna say...I'm in KC too. Guess I better take what I can get, cause I seriously doubt anyone here is ever going to host a party. I know there are a couple of KC Farkers who go out to dinner every so often. But that doesn't count.

Anyway! How late can one buy booze in NE? Are there ghey bars in this "west omaha" place? Does anyone else from KC want to carpool?

2012-09-15 09:41:36 PM
Damn will miss by ten days

2012-09-15 09:42:11 PM

Lava Lamp Repairman: Mike: Hmmm, that's what, 12 hours out? Maaaaybe

DO EEEET!!

And Huber-Haus ... at least I always end up there when I'm in town. Making a trip next week ... bet it will happen again.

2012-09-15 09:51:13 PM
Upstream rules. Was there when I was in Omaha a couple years ago during a trip across the country. Had some incredible beer, a great steak and bought a growler and some glasses.

2012-09-15 10:34:42 PM
Do you guys wanna throw in one more Fark party reminder link for good measure?

2012-09-15 10:39:28 PM

fisker: Do you guys wanna throw in one more Fark party reminder link for good measure?

I think it's an automated thing or something that re-greens them every so often.

2012-09-15 10:44:21 PM

Party threads get automatically bumped by a bot at specific intervals before the party (12 hours, 1 day, 1 week, 2 weeks etc).  It's random chance that two parties are next weekend and two more the weekend after.  Simmah dn na.  :)

2012-09-15 10:46:00 PM
Count me in!

2012-09-15 10:49:42 PM
Ah balls. I won't be in town for it - my cousin is getting married. Anyone up for a Sunday after-party?

2012-09-15 11:12:16 PM
Well, I'm one of the guys that basically lives at that particular upstream location, so I suppose I'll go.

2012-09-15 11:20:24 PM
Glad to see a Fark Party is happening in my hometown. I've never been to one before.

2012-09-16 12:20:32 AM

Only four reasons to head east of 72nd if you live west of it:

1. Zoo
2. Airport
3. Courthouses
4. Main library

2012-09-16 12:32:58 AM

Only four reasons to head east of 72nd if you live west of it:

1. Zoo
2. Airport
3. Courthouses
4. Main library

Because Crescent moon is not on that list, I know you suck.

2012-09-16 01:28:06 AM

One Bad Apple: One for certain and I might bring 2 more with me.

The last time we had one of these at this location it was just me and one other farker. I suppose I'll show up again and laugh when he's the only one... again.

Go Omaha!

2012-09-16 01:33:33 AM

Beerinator: Oddly enough, the Upstream is 12 minutes away from my house. Lucky number 12. See you there.

Now that I've actually read the headline and thread, this isn't the Upstream we had the "party" at... we were down in the Old Market, which really ain't so bad as that other fellow says. On the other hand... it is still Omaha.

/closer to my house though, so that's good.

2012-09-16 02:02:15 AM

Only four reasons to head east of 72nd if you live west of it:

1. Zoo
2. Airport
3. Courthouses
4. Main library

Dundee, things at the Qwest (Clink), downtown, the UNO Library, Benson...

2012-09-16 02:26:01 AM
I miss living in Dundee. Of course there's a Fark Party once I move out of Omaha. Y'all have a good time.

2012-09-16 02:27:33 AM
But remember to visit Lincoln and the new 7m dollar drainage ditch if you can. In the bad neighborhood, near downtown, where they want people to walk from to eat lunch.

/great toilet for the homeless

2012-09-16 03:24:52 AM
I'm leaving in the morning out of OMA. Who knows, I may make an appearance to display my excellence.

2012-09-16 12:17:00 PM

el_mocoso: tehbeermang: As someone who used to live in West Omaha (graduated from Burke High School, even) I am getting a huge kick out of these replies.

Only four reasons to head east of 72nd if you live west of it:

1. Zoo
2. Airport
3. Courthouses
4. Main library

Because Crescent moon is not on that list, I know you suck.

Crescent Moon is farking awesome. Love their twice-baked potato soup. Also where I discovered Shiner Bock, one of my favorite beers.

2012-09-20 03:09:27 PM

Anyone going there right after work rather than waiting til 7?

2012-09-20 03:11:34 PM

2012-09-20 06:05:52 PM
I'd go.. but you all look rough. For internet people....

2012-09-20 08:01:45 PM
I heard there were gonna be sluts at this thing. Is it true?

2012-09-20 08:03:45 PM
I read this as Obama Fark Party........

2012-09-20 08:04:10 PM
Read that as Obama Fark Party...

2012-09-20 08:13:58 PM

Only four reasons to head east of 72nd if you live west of it:

1. Zoo
2. Airport
3. Courthouses
4. Main library

Dundee, things at the Qwest (Clink), downtown, the UNO Library, Benson...

bohunk
piccolo pete's
jackson st. books
bemis art center
king fong's
the orpheum
the fine ladies (?) working st. marys and leavenworth

i can't ever see a reason to go west of 72nd...

depending on childcare I might venture that far west just to see what's what

2012-09-20 08:14:45 PM

Mr. Murder: I heard there were gonna be sluts at this thing. Is it true?

t1.gstatic.com

We have wormsign slutsign the likes of which god has never seen

2012-09-20 08:31:42 PM
How about Pipeline? What with it's proximity to the smut store and all.

2012-09-20 08:39:41 PM

Omahawg: video man: tehbeermang: As someone who used to live in West Omaha (graduated from Burke High School, even) I am getting a huge kick out of these replies.

Only four reasons to head east of 72nd if you live west of it:

1. Zoo
2. Airport
3. Courthouses
4. Main library

Dundee, things at the Qwest (Clink), downtown, the UNO Library, Benson...

bohunk
piccolo pete's
jackson st. books
bemis art center
king fong's
the orpheum
the fine ladies (?) working st. marys and leavenworth

i can't ever see a reason to go west of 72nd...

depending on childcare I might venture that far west just to see what's what

Venice Inn is mediocre for what it's hyped to be. Sadly, my grandfather loves the damn place, and is friends with the owner. So a lot of family gatherings are held there.

Also:
Hiro 88
Amsterdam Kabob and Falafel
The Red Square
Oasis Hookah
Blue Sushia
the Slowdown
The Commons
The Waiting Room
Memorial Park
The good Bronco's (The one on 120th and Pacific sucks.
Sgt. Peffers

2012-09-20 08:42:42 PM

Mr. Murder: I heard there were gonna be sluts at this thing. Is it true?

I dunno. Are you going to be there? ;)

2012-09-20 08:58:08 PM
Also, I should mention that tehre is a chance Drew might be there.

2012-09-20 09:07:21 PM

CraicBaby: Also, I should mention that tehre is a chance Drew might be there.

LIES! ALL LIES!

2012-09-20 09:08:42 PM

2012-09-20 09:08:53 PM
meh, i want a hunk of dead bloody cow and a baked potato venice inn is decent for the price although their liver pate is a poor imitation of the old 64 Club.

all in all piccolo's is a better choice, if only for the disco ball.

I forgot
the South 24th DAV and Joe Tess

Rudy Sfarzo (?) used to be Joe's carp cook but they got into an argument one night so Rudy walked and opened up his own place. Since my grandpa was one of Rudy's drinking bud's that where we always went went when I was growing up.

ah, nothing like that slice o' rye bread on the bottom that's soaked up all the pickle juice and carp grease. nom nom nom nom

2012-09-20 09:33:06 PM

One Bad Apple: Yeah you're better off promising sluts than Drew himself to pad out the attendance

No, seriously, I emailed him and he said he has to see how October shapes up, but he's considering it. So, there is a slight chance Drew might be there. I'm not promising anything, though.

2012-09-20 10:26:23 PM
i789.photobucket.com

2012-09-20 10:30:02 PM

Klom Dark: Decisions, decisions. I work about three blocks from the West Omaha Upstream. But I live about five blocks from the Old Market Upstream. Dunno if I want to drive all the way home, then all the way back. Hmmmm...

Anyone going there right after work rather than waiting til 7?

I'm sure I can. I work around 144th and West Center so it's not far to go.

2012-09-20 10:30:46 PM

CraicBaby: Also, I should mention that tehre is a chance Drew might be there.

I hope you're there. I heard nice things about you today.

2012-09-20 10:31:21 PM

Klom Dark: Oh wait, this month is not October. I was really going to be disappointed if I went tonight... Duh... :)

Well, you missed a retirement party for one of the regulars, and I hear that they will have an Oktoberfest party in October, despite how many times I've said that Oktoberfest is in September.

2012-09-20 10:45:45 PM

andyofne: I hope you're there. I heard nice things about you today.

Oh, I'm there fo' sho. I'm one of the co-hosts of this here shindig.

And which lying asshole was telling you nice things about me?

2012-09-20 10:57:13 PM

CraicBaby: andyofne: I hope you're there. I heard nice things about you today.

Oh, I'm there fo' sho. I'm one of the co-hosts of this here shindig.

And which lying asshole was telling you nice things about me?

Well, I just guess we'll have to wait and find out then...

2012-09-20 10:57:14 PM
i789.photobucket.com

2012-09-21 07:27:02 AM

my sentiments exactly

2012-09-21 08:45:37 AM

otaku69: Omahawg: fark west o. everything is too weird west of 72nd street with its lame chain lookalike suburban mentality and Big Red Cornshucker religion.

my sentiments exactly

No one is scared to go downtown. The West O one is simply bigger and has fewer parking issues than downtown.

2012-09-21 10:10:37 AM

Omahawg: Joe Tess

Man. I have not been there in years.

2012-09-21 10:43:39 AM

my sentiments exactly

Urban sprawl is not an issue that originated in Omaha.

Anyway, I don't think anyone would have not gone had it been downtown.

2012-09-21 11:21:22 AM

andyofne: Living out in West Omaha, I don't find that I need to go downtown very often. While I like what they're doing, I don't want to deal with paying $8 to park so I can walk around in the Old Market (which isn't that exciting to begin with) or spend 40 minutes circling around looking for a spot for free.

Yup, that's a big reason why the West O location was chosen. Parking is a biatch downtown and people are more likely to come if they don't have to pay for parking.

2012-09-21 08:47:23 PM
Iowa farkers allowed across the river?

2012-09-21 09:11:59 PM

TheLads69: Iowa farkers allowed across the river?

Doesn't IOWA stand for In Omaha Without Asking ?

2012-09-21 10:00:51 PM

TheLads69: Iowa farkers allowed across the river?

Well, we're letting The English Major in, so I suppose so.

2012-09-22 02:30:27 AM

One Bad Apple: TheLads69: Iowa farkers allowed across the river?

Doesn't IOWA stand for In Omaha Without Asking ?

I thought it was Idiots Out Wandering Around.

2012-09-22 08:21:05 AM

CraicBaby: TheLads69: Iowa farkers allowed across the river?

Well, we're letting The English Major in, so I suppose so.

FOR THE LAST TIME, I LIVE IN ILLINOIS. Granted, I'm directly across the river from Iowa, but that's not the point. My mailing address is in a state that is not Iowa.

2012-09-22 08:30:40 AM
i789.photobucket.com

2012-09-22 09:00:13 AM

video man: One Bad Apple: TheLads69: Iowa farkers allowed across the river?

Doesn't IOWA stand for In Omaha Without Asking ?

I thought it was Idiots Out Wandering Around.

I'm
On
Welfare
Again

But seriously feel welcome to join us, Iowegians

2012-09-22 11:52:27 AM

ThreeEdgedSword: [i789.photobucket.com image 460x605]

Der Führer is not invited, because last time, I couldn't have a Screwdriver since he'd eliminated all the juice.

2012-10-01 12:54:10 PM
All y'all who said you're coming better show up. Jus' sayin.

2012-10-01 01:24:26 PM

CraicBaby: All y'all who said you're coming better show up. Jus' sayin.

Just remind me a couple days prior. :)

2012-10-06 08:00:30 PM

2012-10-06 08:01:41 PM
I'm pretty pumped for this. Even if stupid laws say I can't drink.

2012-10-06 08:01:47 PM

Then you can finally get your revenge?

2012-10-06 08:05:49 PM

Man. All we need now is a Drew...

/hint hint.

2012-10-06 08:07:32 PM

Man. All we need now is a Drew...

/hint hint.

Maybe you should have a lookalike contest.

2012-10-06 08:15:16 PM

Man. All we need now is a Drew...

/hint hint.

I CAN'T HELP IT IF HE WON'T RETURN MY EMAIL.

2012-10-06 08:32:36 PM

Man. All we need now is a Drew...

/hint hint.

I CAN'T HELP IT IF HE WON'T RETURN MY EMAIL.

Haha. I was just hoping it would send him an alert and he'd be like: "Oh yeah!
I forgot about that. I better pop into the thread and tell them that I'm totes gonna be there."

2012-10-06 08:33:33 PM
All, let me know if you want me to order food off the banquet menu.

I do take donations if you were going to order food anyway.

Someone can clicky pop it since i'm on mobile.

http://www.upstreambrewing.com/pdf/Up stream_BanquetBrochure.pdf

2012-10-06 08:34:29 PM

Man. All we need now is a Drew...

/hint hint.

I CAN'T HELP IT IF HE WON'T RETURN MY EMAIL.

Haha. I was just hoping it would send him an alert and he'd be like: "Oh yeah!

I'm just assuming he's busy this weekend because the Reddit guys are going to be in Lexington in a couple days.

2012-10-06 08:40:32 PM
ahhh good ole Omaha, the child molesting capitol of the world.

2012-10-06 08:52:18 PM

CraicBaby: KingoftheCheese: CraicBaby: KingoftheCheese: CraicBaby: TWO WEEKS. And we will have 2 Fark admins, as Mike and Unfreakable will be there.

Man. All we need now is a Drew...

/hint hint.

I CAN'T HELP IT IF HE WON'T RETURN MY EMAIL.

Haha. I was just hoping it would send him an alert and he'd be like: "Oh yeah!

Ah.

2012-10-06 08:53:32 PM

mikeray: ahhh good ole Omaha, the child molesting capitol of the world.

You're familiar with Omaha, then?

2012-10-06 08:54:59 PM
You Farkers better drink at least $350 worth of booze.

2012-10-06 08:58:26 PM

Show_The_O_Face: You Farkers better drink at least $350 worth of booze.

I guarantee that I will drink at least 1% of that. And on that, you have my word.

2012-10-06 08:59:20 PM

Show_The_O_Face: You Farkers better drink at least $350 worth of booze.

Or die trying

2012-10-06 09:58:23 PM

Show_The_O_Face: You Farkers better drink at least $350 worth of booze.

I doubt I'll have more than 2 drinks.

I have a drinking problem. If I exceed 2, I rarely stop until I'm dry humping every bar stool in the place.

2012-10-06 09:59:00 PM

I doubt I'll have more than 2 drinks.

But, then again, at the prices they charge at the Upstream. I'm sure it wont take long to hit $350.

2012-10-06 10:26:01 PM

I doubt I'll have more than 2 drinks.

That's cool. Even if 30 people have only two drinks that's $300. I'm not worried.

2012-10-06 10:33:49 PM

Show_The_O_Face: andyofne: Show_The_O_Face: You Farkers better drink at least $350 worth of booze.

I doubt I'll have more than 2 drinks.

Do you think you'll find 30 farkers in Nebraska?

2012-10-06 10:35:10 PM

andyofne: Do you think you'll find 30 farkers in Nebraska?

There's people coming from surrounding states.

2012-10-06 11:01:07 PM

One Bad Apple: Methadone Girls: Where's Omaha?

It's the beach between Utah and Gold

Too obscure. Remember, they stopped teaching history in the 80s.

2012-10-06 11:14:22 PM

AeroSquid: I read this as Obama Fark Party........

I also read it as Obama Fark party. You know Biden would end up with a lampshade on his head.

2012-10-06 11:42:41 PM
Last years Omaha FARK party:

i1162.photobucket.com

2012-10-06 11:43:21 PM

CraicBaby: andyofne: Do you think you'll find 30 farkers in Nebraska?

There's people coming from surrounding states.

TEAM ILLINOIS

2012-10-06 11:52:36 PM

There's people coming from surrounding states.

TEAM ILLINOIS

$5 says that this OJ here doesn't show up.

2012-10-07 12:00:01 AM

ThreeEdgedSword: $5 says that this OJ here doesn't show up.

If he shows up, I'll do a shot of tequila.

2012-10-07 12:06:35 AM

ThreeEdgedSword: The English Major: CraicBaby: andyofne: Do you think you'll find 30 farkers in Nebraska?

There's people coming from surrounding states.

TEAM ILLINOIS

$5 says that this OJ here doesn't show up.

TEM better show up. He's one of the reasons I'm even going to this thing.

2012-10-07 12:18:06 AM

He's the reason we're having it on the 20th, because he said he would be in town that weekend.

2012-10-07 12:20:21 AM

I will actually be there on Friday afternoon.

2012-10-07 12:23:40 AM

I will actually be there on Friday afternoon.

You were in Chicago for a party weekend and didn't show up to the party. Pics or it didn't happen.

2012-10-07 01:09:31 AM
And me with a 6:30 am flight the next day. Sigh.

2012-10-07 01:18:40 AM

vice_magnet: And me with a 6:30 am flight the next day. Sigh.

Eh, you can sleep on the plane :)

2012-10-07 04:03:08 AM
I read that as, "Obama Fark Party," wondered why it wasn't in the Politics tab.

Sorry. My bad.

2012-10-07 09:28:52 AM

Whiskey Pete: Last years Omaha FARK party:

[i1162.photobucket.com image 850x637]

i39.tinypic.com

and the year before that.

/actually taken by a friend of my wife in okoboji
//*shudder*

2012-10-07 09:31:14 AM
BREAKING NEWS:
People often read the first and last letter of a word and ignore the rest.

More at 11.

2012-10-07 09:41:55 AM

ThreeEdgedSword: The English Major: CraicBaby: KingoftheCheese: TEM better show up. He's one of the reasons I'm even going to this thing.

I will actually be there on Friday afternoon.

I will be avoiding all cameras.

2012-10-07 10:05:18 AM

Whiskey Pete: Last years Omaha FARK party:

[i1162.photobucket.com image 850x637]

Ratio wise that isn't so bad

2012-10-07 10:24:49 AM

One Bad Apple: Whiskey Pete: Last years Omaha FARK party:

[i1162.photobucket.com image 850x637]

Ratio wise that isn't so bad

There's another dude peeking around the corner. You can spot his red ball cap.

2012-10-07 03:45:53 PM
Too bad I don't live in Bellevue anymore, I would be there.

2012-10-07 11:02:30 PM
Okay, so it doesn't look like we're going to have Drew. He has to go to Portland that weekend for something. But we will still have Mike and Tony, which, frankly, is pretty goddamn amazing. Seriously, y'all have no idea how lucky we are to have even one member of Fark's management team, let alone two.

2012-10-09 08:46:09 PM

2012-10-09 08:53:30 PM
Actually, it is the Lounge room we have available for our party needs.

2012-10-09 09:12:33 PM

I have no idea what their food is like so Papa Johns sounds good to me.

2012-10-09 10:10:21 PM

One Bad Apple: Show_The_O_Face: Ok all, I did reserve the legacy room. I can provide a little bit of food, but I'll need your help if you want more than a couple of pizza's. I can provide a link to the banquet menu if anyone has some requests.

I have no idea what their food is like so Papa Johns sounds good to me.

We've had our company xmas party (or holiday party for those so inclined) at the Upstream (one downtown, one out west) and it's not half bad. Of course, that's buffett-style not made to order....still... not too bad.

2012-10-09 10:39:31 PM
If all else fails, at least there's beer.

2012-10-10 01:47:55 PM

Post the menu that you posted in the FB thingy. I think we should have a couple appetizer platters as well. Also, I will throw down some cash towards fod costs.

2012-10-13 07:57:18 PM
ONE WEEK.

2012-10-13 08:02:41 PM
this is bad news... for Omaha.

2012-10-13 08:03:52 PM
Corn... corn.... more corn.... corn... juggalo... corn....

2012-10-13 08:08:15 PM

Joe The Plumber: this is bad news... for Omaha.

omaha HUSSEIN nebraska

2012-10-13 08:28:51 PM
Ill be there.

2012-10-13 08:31:17 PM
the words Obama and Fark seem to be redundant

2012-10-13 09:05:18 PM
Hmm. Only 13 hours away...

2012-10-13 10:06:25 PM

llevrok: the words Obama and Fark seem to be redundant

WTF? I hope you're not going to be at the party. You seem dumb.

2012-10-13 10:14:27 PM

angrymacface: Hmm. Only 13 hours away...

You are one of the top ten Farkers I'd like to meet.

2012-10-13 10:15:26 PM

Aikidogamer: Ill be there.

Horray!

2012-10-13 10:24:32 PM

angrymacface: Hmm. Only 13 hours away...

Dude, what's that, like 800 miles? Too long a drive to come to Omaha. ;)

2012-10-13 11:52:44 PM
I couldn't find a fb thingy for the fark party. I'm doing it wrong, aren't I?

/going

2012-10-13 11:59:16 PM

/going

Woohoo!

See if this will work for you.

2012-10-14 12:02:34 AM

Show_The_O_Face: DownIncognito: I couldn't find a fb thingy for the fark party. I'm doing it wrong, aren't I?

/going

Woohoo!

See if this will work for you.

Eh.

I can't figure it out.

Anyway, 7pm, Upstream in Legacy off 170th and center.

2012-10-14 12:20:45 AM
I will so be there.
The Upstream is one of my favorite places in Omaha.

2012-10-14 02:52:07 AM
I live in Omaha. I will be there with a black suite and skinny tie. Yes, I am that guy.
You got a problem with that? Buy me a shot and we will discuss. But mind you, at
my age I don't give a fark, so shut the fark up and drink that shot (you buy for me) with me.
Let the games begin!
cheers!

2012-10-14 03:34:23 AM
...make that a cute-lookin guy in a black suite with a skinny tie.

2012-10-14 11:48:48 AM

The lounge is rather tiny.

2012-10-14 03:56:12 PM

EvilVanMan: Show_The_O_Face: Actually, it is the Lounge room we have available for our party needs.

The lounge is rather tiny.

Well, we can always just take over the rest of the bar, depending on how many people actually show up.

2012-10-14 09:02:20 PM
Pending the results of the football game that day, might stop in for a bit.

2012-10-15 09:05:38 PM

The lounge is rather tiny.

It was my intention that we'd have pretty much the upstairs to ourselves including the pool tables.

2012-10-18 08:08:30 PM
Don't worry folks. I found my hat.

Also, I REALLY will be keeping the drinking down as I have to be at work at like 8am Sunday. :(

2012-10-18 10:00:11 PM

2012-10-18 10:48:48 PM

Please wear a pink ribbon around your LEFT ankle.

2012-10-19 11:22:45 AM

Please wear a pink ribbon around your LEFT ankle.

Just look for the chick in the panda hat.

2012-10-19 11:37:25 AM

Please wear a pink ribbon around your LEFT ankle.

Just look for the chick in the panda hat.

Oh shiat, a Panda hat? I was going to wear a wolf hat... I may have to find a different hat altogether now.

2012-10-19 01:20:15 PM

Please wear a pink ribbon around your LEFT ankle.

Just look for the chick in the panda hat.

Yeah, it'll be a panda hat, unless I find a cooler hat at the zoo.

2012-10-19 01:36:33 PM

CraicBaby: andyofne: CraicBaby: andyofne: CraicBaby: Should anyone have trouble finding us, you can Tweet at me. My Twitter is in my profile. Or, if you're friends with me on Facebook, you can just shoot me a message.

Please wear a pink ribbon around your LEFT ankle.

Just look for the chick in the panda hat.

Yeah, it'll be a panda hat, unless I find a cooler hat at the zoo.

Like a live penguin hat? I tried that last year but I ended up spending the weekend in jail.

2012-10-19 03:36:24 PM
I would like to go. Do you have to RSVP? Do you have to be a total farker?

2012-10-19 03:53:58 PM

lendog: I would like to go. Do you have to RSVP? Do you have to be a total farker?

Lendog from tnt. cartoon fame? Just show up.

2012-10-19 04:05:21 PM
Last minute roll call ?

One Bad Apple

quiotu

lendog

andyofne

CraicBaby

The English Major

Show_The_O_Face

KingoftheCheese

TheLads69

Omahawg

Klom Dark

Maybe a few filthy lurkers too ?

2012-10-19 05:04:31 PM

One Bad Apple: Last minute roll call ?

One Bad Apple

quiotu

lendog

andyofne

CraicBaby

The English Major

Show_The_O_Face

KingoftheCheese

TheLads69

Omahawg

Klom Dark

Maybe a few filthy lurkers too ?

Looks like it's going to be a sausage fest. *sigh*

2012-10-19 05:04:48 PM
I dunno if I'm a filthy lurker, but I'll be there and so will Unfreakable.

2012-10-19 05:39:23 PM

...who is currently in Norton, Kansas but still going

2012-10-19 05:40:33 PM
Present. And a plus 1.

2012-10-19 08:21:20 PM

andyofne:

Looks like it's going to be a sausage fest. *sigh*

I'm holding out hope that Omahawg will show up with a harem of strippers and other *ahem* working girls.

THE lendog from Todd and Tyler ?

shiat, I have a sponsorship to whore out if you want it

2012-10-19 08:34:41 PM
Wish I could make it, but between working tomorrow and wife wanting to go shopping Sunday morning it is a bit to far to drive for me

2012-10-19 08:41:02 PM
Goddammit so much...i couldn't attend this or the potential 20,000' MSL model rocket launch (^) in Pickrell this weekend due to scheduled power relocation at work...which has now been pushed back to 17-Nov according to the email I received at 5:20 this afternoon.

F-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-U

2012-10-19 08:42:19 PM
If only I had a flying car....

2012-10-19 09:12:31 PM
right now, One Bad Apple, if I show up at all it might be with a 3 year old

I am planning on at least stopping in but I also have another engagement saturday night at big john's billiards to see an old friend who is in from out of town.

2012-10-19 09:24:10 PM

Omahawg: right now, One Bad Apple, if I show up at all it might be with a 3 year old

.... go on...

2012-10-19 09:25:21 PM

We'd still love to have you.

2012-10-19 09:26:33 PM

2012-10-19 09:29:17 PM

I'll have a camera as well but I have a special picture that needs to be taken...

2012-10-19 09:42:39 PM

deb fischer blowing ernie chambers behind Stoysich House of Sausage?

that would be funny but I'd make fun of Mr. Chambers for stooping so low.

2012-10-19 10:16:48 PM

One Bad Apple: Last minute roll call ?

List fails without....me!

2012-10-19 10:17:12 PM

Omahawg: andyofne: quiotu: Kidding aside, me and Bad Apple should be around, and with a designated driver to boot! With a professional-grade camera! So come in your Sunday's best, we'll make sure he takes pictures at the absolute most inopportune moments.

deb fischer blowing ernie chambers behind Stoysich House of Sausage?

that would be funny but I'd make fun of Mr. Chambers for stooping so low.

No. But it MIGHT involve Brenda Council. (sp)

2012-10-19 10:50:14 PM

One Bad Apple: Last minute roll call ?

I'll be there.

2012-10-19 11:09:01 PM

...who is currently in Norton, Kansas but still going

I feel like we can do a Honeymooners bit here.

We went into the Crossroads B&N tonight. Is that still technically a "mall?"

2012-10-19 11:14:31 PM

And you didn't get shot at?

There's a reason that area is classified as 'blighted'

2012-10-19 11:15:56 PM

2012-10-19 11:19:21 PM
Ya we need more uneployment bigger deficit you sick f--ks

2012-10-19 11:27:10 PM

...who is currently in Norton, Kansas but still going

I feel like we can do a Honeymooners bit here.

We went into the Crossroads B&N tonight. Is that still technically a "mall?"

No. It's a little sad, isn't it?

You have to drive another few miles west to get to the 'real' mall.

2012-10-19 11:27:48 PM

SuddenlySamhain: I live off 92nd and Q but Im working Sat night....plus I dont drink....plus ive no interest in meeting any of you.

LoL - Well, thanks! You seem like a gem to me.

2012-10-19 11:39:16 PM

andyofne: You have to drive another few miles west to get to the 'real' mall.

We went to Westroads too--the wife wanted to browse DSW and I wanted a book.

Show_The_O_Face: And you didn't get shot at?

There's a reason that area is classified as 'blighted'

Apparently, I blended in with the crowds. I told the cashier we had to run to Target and she said, "Be careful." I said, "I got this book I could probably hit someone with." "Do you want a bag?" "Yes, that way I can treat it like a sock full of rocks."

2012-10-19 11:44:43 PM

...who is currently in Norton, Kansas but still going

I feel like we can do a Honeymooners bit here.

We went into the Crossroads B&N tonight. Is that still technically a "mall?"

No. It's a little sad, isn't it?

You have to drive another few miles west to get to the 'real' mall.

42nd and center?

hmm.....

2012-10-19 11:52:21 PM

...who is currently in Norton, Kansas but still going

I feel like we can do a Honeymooners bit here.

We went into the Crossroads B&N tonight. Is that still technically a "mall?"

No. It's a little sad, isn't it?

You have to drive another few miles west to get to the 'real' mall.

42nd and center?

hmm.....

Last time I checked, WEST of Crossroads would be West Roads, Oakview, or Village Point.

Villiage Point is probably a 'better' shopping area but I hate the layout. I work right at Oakview so I tend to go there if I'm inclined to mall shop.

2012-10-19 11:55:04 PM

sweet jeez: Ya we need more uneployment bigger deficit you sick f--ks

And really, w.t.f?

2012-10-20 12:00:49 AM

One Bad Apple: Last minute roll call ?

One Bad Apple

quiotu

lendog

andyofne

CraicBaby

The English Major

Show_The_O_Face

KingoftheCheese

TheLads69

Omahawg

Klom Dark

Maybe a few filthy lurkers too ?

Filthy lurker who will probably show up to throw back a couple. Wonder if they still have the BBQ chicken pizza there... Been a while since I've been down there.

2012-10-20 12:03:55 AM
(just in case I don't see the person with the panda hat)

2012-10-20 12:19:08 AM

(just in case I don't see the person with the panda hat)

From the roll call it appears anyone without a vayjaynay is likely a Farker.

2012-10-20 12:19:25 AM

(just in case I don't see the person with the panda hat)

I think, if you look at the top of the page... it says something about " the Lounge room we have available for our party needs."

2012-10-20 12:25:57 AM

(just in case I don't see the person with the panda hat)

I'm trying to find out if anyone is planning on bringing nametags. But just head upstairs and find the lounge room. There'll be people that MUST be farkers up there.

2012-10-20 12:27:50 AM
If you see guy with long brown hair come up, yell at him. Also, buy him lots of beer.

2012-10-20 12:32:35 AM

andyofne: Omahawg: andyofne: The English Major: Unfreakable: Mike: I dunno if I'm a filthy lurker, but I'll be there and so will Unfreakable.

...who is currently in Norton, Kansas but still going

I feel like we can do a Honeymooners bit here.

We went into the Crossroads B&N tonight. Is that still technically a "mall?"

No. It's a little sad, isn't it?

You have to drive another few miles west to get to the 'real' mall.

42nd and center?

hmm.....

2012-10-20 12:45:52 AM

Omahawg: slow down, tex, it was just a joke. the center was omaha's first mall and will always have a special place in my heart for its bowling alley that I never bowled at but found mysterious in its mid-1980s almost abandoned incarnation.

Ha. Ha. I never experienced it. When I moved here, Crossroads was "the" mall to go to. Everything happened at 72nd and Dodge. And that wasn't all that long ago... at least that's how it seemed to me.

2012-10-20 12:48:09 AM

Show_The_O_Face: andyofne: DownIncognito: What is the recommended method for figuring out where the farkers are, or will that be obvious?
(just in case I don't see the person with the panda hat)

If you like, I can swing by work and pick up a stack...

2012-10-20 12:55:43 AM

FlashHarry: Whiskey Pete: Last years Omaha FARK party:

[i1162.photobucket.com image 850x637]

[i39.tinypic.com image 544x716]

and the year before that.

/actually taken by a friend of my wife in okoboji
//*shudder*

I knew I saw The Ritz

2012-10-20 01:07:28 AM

Show_The_O_Face: The English Major: We went into the Crossroads B&N tonight. Is that still technically a "mall?"

And you didn't get shot at?

There's a reason that area is classified as 'blighted'

Now, now. It's what, half a mile from Fair Acres. That's the kind of blight to which I aspire.

2012-10-20 01:08:50 AM

2012-10-20 01:12:19 AM

What about Southroads? :)

Now, that place was already 'declined' when I moved to Bellevue in 1995. Does it even still function as a mall?

2012-10-20 01:20:59 AM

andyofne: TOG85: Yeah, crossroads has pretty well died as far as a business goes. I usually go to westroads or oakview whenever I need to go to a mall. Which isn't often ... though if I need to replace a tire, I'll usually go to sears over at oakview just so I can roam around the mall or go to the food court to waste time while its being done.

What about Southroads? :)

I barely remember southroads from when I was younger. I'm fairly certain they've completely closed down now. I'm a bit of a young pup, was only 10 back in '95.

2012-10-20 01:23:19 AM
looks like the future to me
www.labelscar.com

2012-10-20 07:40:55 AM

One Bad Apple: andyofne:

Looks like it's going to be a sausage fest. *sigh*

THE lendog from Todd and Tyler ?

shiat, I have a sponsorship to whore out if you want it

Yes I am the same lendog

2012-10-20 08:33:20 AM
Obama Fark Party?!? Oh my god, wow!

Nebraska? Oh. Nevermind

2012-10-20 08:57:55 AM

2012-10-20 09:24:48 AM

The English Major: What the hell was going on at the CenturyLink center last night? When we got into town I wasn't anticipating the amount of people convinced I needed to park in their Event Parking lots.

College Hockey. Same tonight.

2012-10-20 10:00:00 AM
Aw dagnabit.

I live in Lincoln but I have to work tonight. What a rip.

I would totally get wasted at a FARK party otherwise.

Peace out.

2012-10-20 11:32:28 AM
I still do most of my shopping at Southroads

2012-10-20 11:46:30 AM

SuddenlySamhain: I still do most of my shopping at Southroads

It what store?

2012-10-20 11:50:23 AM

SuddenlySamhain: I still do most of my shopping at Southroads

My wife and I walked into Southroads once a few years back and a group of youths propositioned her. It was quite inappropriate.

2012-10-20 12:51:36 PM
Depending on when Mrs. Zik-Zak's flight arrives at Eppley, I'll swing by, hopefully.

2012-10-20 01:48:17 PM
What's the over under? Seven people?

2012-10-20 02:09:33 PM

Crossroads was taken over by some broad who didn't put any money into it and doubled the lease rates in one month. Held onto it until no one wanted to go there, now no one wants to put in the money to renovate it again. City wanted to intervene, but they can't get enough support to pull it out of the hole it's in now. It's in danger of becoming Omaha's Southroads.

Having lived 3 blocks from it most of my life, it kills me to see the place a barren wasteland now. Almost as bad as seeing Peony Park torn down.

2012-10-20 02:13:42 PM

quiotu: TOG85: Yeah, crossroads has pretty well died as far as a business goes. I usually go to westroads or oakview whenever I need to go to a mall. Which isn't often ... though if I need to replace a tire, I'll usually go to sears over at oakview just so I can roam around the mall or go to the food court to waste time while its being done.

Oakview is going to a similar path. It's not bad yet. Were they both owned by the same company?

Long time "good" stores have left Oakview due to lease increases and when they leave the spots stay empty for a long time only to be filled with goofy shiat that no one seems to want to go into.

Not that I have any love for Radioshack but how can they run RS out of the mall and then put in a "Brow Beauty" place that plucks eye lashes? Anyway, there are a lot of empty stores on the surrounding perimeter, too.

2012-10-20 02:19:54 PM

Was definitely a sad day when Peony Park was torn down. I had a ton of fond memories there from when I was a kid. Though I do have a college friend living at the apartments there now. Crossroads could be brought back with the right management. UNO is just down the street and everyone knows college aged women love to rack up credit card debt.

2012-10-20 02:42:22 PM

basemetal: What's the over under? Seven people?

It's looking pretty promising. I wouldn't be surprised if we had a couple dozen.

2012-10-20 03:33:22 PM

TOG85: One Bad Apple: Last minute roll call ?

One Bad Apple

quiotu

lendog

andyofne

CraicBaby

The English Major

Show_The_O_Face

KingoftheCheese

TheLads69

Omahawg

Klom Dark

Maybe a few filthy lurkers too ?

I'm going to be showing up... with a couple friends who also read the site. Should be interesting.

2012-10-20 06:11:58 PM

KingoftheCheese: basemetal: What's the over under? Seven people?

There were five of us at the zoo today. FIVE.

2012-10-20 06:13:55 PM

There were five of us at the zoo today. FIVE.

6 if you count Unfreakable

2012-10-20 06:15:14 PM

Show_The_O_Face: The English Major: KingoftheCheese: basemetal: What's the over under? Seven people?

There were five of us at the zoo today. FIVE.

6 if you count Unfreakable

I wasn't counting my wife.

2012-10-20 07:40:27 PM
I'll be there, but late. Fashionably, of course.

2012-10-20 07:41:41 PM
I'm on the way

2012-10-20 07:53:18 PM
The wife and I are just waiting for the babysitter to show up. We'll be there!

2012-10-20 08:20:26 PM
Come on down! Just tell them you're with Fark.

2012-10-20 08:29:00 PM

CraicBaby: Come on down! Just tell them you're with Fark.

Yeah. Or just look for the 30 guys and the 4 women.

2012-10-20 09:03:35 PM
Surprisingly not so sausagey.

2012-10-20 09:06:23 PM

Mike: Surprisingly not so sausagey.

With a refreshing mint flavour.

2012-10-20 10:15:08 PM

KingoftheCheese: basemetal: What's the over under? Seven people?

HA-HA! I kin see all your crotches!

2012-10-20 10:40:40 PM

Thudfark: KingoftheCheese: basemetal: What's the over under? Seven people?

HA-HA! I kin see all your crotches!

Your welcome

2012-10-20 10:44:04 PM

Show_The_O_Face: Thudfark: KingoftheCheese: basemetal: What's the over under? Seven people?

HA-HA! I kin see all your crotches!

Your welcome

That sure was weird yet entertaining. This should be a thing for all Fark parties.

2012-10-21 12:43:35 AM
Thanks everyone for coming out tonight!

2012-10-21 12:55:35 AM
The pleasure was all mine

2012-10-21 01:02:34 AM

CraicBaby: Come on down! Just tell them you're with Fark.

I told them I was "just going upstairs to meet some people". They asked "Are you meeting people for a party? We have 'Fark', we have..."

I said "Yep, that's it!"

"Okay, they at the top of the stairs, to the left."

I went up to the stairs and "to the left" was the bar. I walked all the way around to get to it, didn't see anything that looked like a Fark party. I'm glad I wandered back behind the bar and found everyone before I asked the two couples at the nearby tables if they were part of the Fark party. Would've been awkward.

2012-10-21 01:06:29 AM

2012-10-21 01:12:17 AM
I enjoyed the experience. Plus we meet our room minimum in the first hour.

I don't think I would recommend that exact location again but it was a good turnout and I had a blast.

2012-10-21 01:24:51 AM
Well that was lovely. Thanks, all.

2012-10-21 10:39:34 AM

It was great to see you again, sir. I'm glad you made the drive. Have a safe trip back home!

2012-10-21 10:54:27 AM
wheeee

2012-10-21 11:10:46 AM
So....many....Long Island....iced teas.

Had a great time tho.

2012-10-21 11:42:36 AM
The turn out was much better than I expected. And the ratio of farkers to farkettes wasn't bad either.

2012-10-23 09:43:07 AM

KingoftheCheese: Unfreakable: A good party; totally worth the drive. Although I'll never understand the concept of a bar that closes at 11PM. Lots of great people.

Back at ya. I'm home safe but daaaaamn that was a long drive.

2012-10-24 10:51:20 PM
Some pictures even tho this thread is dead

I want my $5 worth dammit

farm9.staticflickr.com

Why yes that IS andyofne farting in someone's beer

Andyofne makes a decent Heisenberg

farm9.staticflickr.com

Mike had the coolest shirt

farm9.staticflickr.com

And that must be why Craicbaby was fawning all over him

Lots of fun

2012-10-24 11:56:15 PM
Thanks for posting some pics! I wondered if I would ever get to see them.

2012-10-24 11:59:26 PM

codebleu: Thanks for posting some pics! I wondered if I would ever get to see them.

Oh hey, I remember talking to you but you disappeared too quick.

2012-10-25 12:05:49 AM
Yes, I had to work early. It was nice meeting you!

2012-10-25 05:42:46 AM
Those are the best pictures you could find of me? Seriously? On the other hand, the first one would make a mighty fine PS contest entry.

2012-10-25 12:37:18 PM
Somehow Ananomaus was only able to get shots of the back of my head. Ah well.

/insert gay joke below

2012-10-26 12:07:34 AM
I regret not going. But I need teh sleep

2012-10-26 03:42:04 AM

2012-10-26 10:13:39 PM

Next year? Try February or March. At least, when I'll be back to hang out with you and whomever else is around.

2012-10-26 10:16:52 PM

The English Major: Show_The_O_Face: I know I had a fantastic time. You know it's a good party when everyone starts talking about next year at the end of the party.

Blizzard bait in this part of the world but I'll try to make it. Keep a freshly killed taun taun ready to cut open for me.

2012-10-27 06:06:36 PM
How long do these threads stay open ?

2012-10-27 06:30:56 PM

One Bad Apple: How long do these threads stay open ?

Waaaaaaaay past the 12 drink minimum