Host: bow
Description: Toledo Fark Party at the Attic on Adams - September 29, 2012 at 7:00 PM. Toledo's not that bad
Date/Time: September 29, 2012 - 07:00 PM (local time)
Party Info: Come to the first ever Toledo Fark Party! See what Toledo is really about - drinking.

The Attic is located in downtown Toledo at 1701 Adams Street. It's a pretty chill bar with a good mix of people and a great beer selection. thismomentinblackhistory will be bartending.

Check out their website:

There are several hotels located downtown for those interested in staying.

Feel free to contact bow if you have any questions or need more information.

1482 clicks; posted to Main » on 29 Sep 2012 at 3:56 PM (1 year ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

First | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | » | Last | Show all

2012-09-05 06:39:02 PM

unfarkingbelievable: Heh, heh, I googled, "What the f*** are Hmong people," and this video came up called "Hmong People Can't Jump." Some kind of abject FAIL.

Would post link but I see my other post asking what the f Hmong people are has been moderated and omitted. Nice.

Dammit, I clicked on the wrong thread! I hate it when my opposable thumbs stop working! Damn digits!

2012-09-05 06:42:07 PM
Will have to check this out. And yes, Toledo is that bad.

2012-09-05 06:53:01 PM
As an Ohioian (and BG alum), Michigan got the better deal in the Ohio-Michigan War. They got the upper pensinula, we got Toledo.

2012-09-05 07:31:41 PM

bkosh84: Whoa. Toledo is popular enough for a Fark Party? Who knew.

\UT Grad
\\miss Toledo sometimes
\\\living in Cleveland.
\\\\slashies!

Dude, I'm moving to Cleveland in 2.5 weeks. Now I won't feel like the only Farker in that twisted place.

2012-09-05 07:50:39 PM

LazarusLong42: Much as I would love to go, if for no reason other than to meet TMIBH and talk to him about educational stuffs, I'm gonna have to mark this one as "extremely unlikely."

I used to work at a school two blocks from that bar... I don't know that I'd want to park my car there in the evening...

Its fine....you can park in my lot by Manhattans......nothing bad will happen!

2012-09-05 08:09:07 PM

Avondale=do not walk on this street. Prospect Ave=do not even drive down this street. Adams=park and walk no matter the hour. "Toledo's not that bad" is our city slogan.

2012-09-05 08:28:34 PM
Live just across border in SE Mich, will definetely try to make it

2012-09-05 08:54:14 PM
Reasons to go:

1- I used to live in Toledo
2- It's a two-hour drive from where I live now

Reasons to not go:

1- I might run into an ex-girlfriend, which would be awkward
2- It's a two-hour drive from where I live now

2012-09-05 09:41:56 PM
As a long-ago former resident of Sylvania, I bid thee well and drink mightily, Toledo Farkers!

2012-09-05 09:58:37 PM

jayphat: bkosh84: Whoa. Toledo is popular enough for a Fark Party? Who knew.

\UT Grad
\\miss Toledo sometimes
\\\living in Cleveland.
\\\\slashies!

Haha, Yeah, Cleveland's not that bad. Better than Toledo (Better/Friendlier downtown area).

I used to live in "The Historic Hillcrest" in downtown Toledo. Only good thing about that place was that me and my suite mates were within walking distance of The Attic. If any of you Farkers never been to The Attic.. It's one of the best bars in Toledo.. They have a projector that shows TV Shows on a building right behind them. It's pretty sweet.

2012-09-05 10:20:07 PM
I may have to make time for this.

2012-09-05 11:55:52 PM
Oh sure, there is finally a fark party in my hometown AFTER I move out

2012-09-06 12:45:46 AM
TOLOLOLODEO

2012-09-06 01:11:06 AM

2012-09-06 01:22:42 AM

turnipbear: As fate would have it, I'm coming back to town that weekend for a wedding in Swanton! Any problems with (kinda)upstate NY representing?

Of course not!!!!

2012-09-06 06:30:41 AM
I'm excited, there is a good chance I can show up to this. I'm moving to Ohio in a few days.

2012-09-06 09:10:12 AM

2012-09-06 09:14:20 AM

I would avoid the Crown. Depending on how wasted you want to get, our suburban hotels/motels may be a better choice as they are inevitably newer. If I was staying downtown I would probably go with the Park Inn or maybe the Wyndham.

2012-09-06 10:24:52 AM

Eh, not planning on getting schwasted or anything. Just looking for someplace clean/quiet/safe and easily accessible (finding, parking, etc). I'd be coming up from the south. Price is not a big deal. Reading reviews and so far I'm not.. encouraged.. by anything. Any recommendations would be great.

2012-09-06 01:09:13 PM

Dreadstar: thismomentinblackhistory: Dreadstar: Google's showing 4 different entries for what looks like one hotel on summit. Crowne Plaza, Grand Plaza, Wyndham.. any locals know what it's called right now, and would you recommend that, the Park Inn, or something else?

Hilton Garden Inn in Perrysburg is pretty new. I believe someone up the thread is coming from there -- maybe you could awkwardly car pool?

Another good place to look are places in Maumee.

It's a very easy city to navigate given the size. It's most definitely not necessary to actually stay downtown.

2012-09-06 03:10:53 PM

jayphat: "Toledo's not that bad"

As an Ohioan, yes. It is.

As a former Toledoan, no, it's not Like any city just have to know where to live and where to go out and have fun.

2012-09-06 04:55:08 PM

Park Inn and Grand Plaza are pretty nice, though have to pay for parking. Or, you can stay were Obama just did at the Toledo Hilton. But, the drive to downtown from there goes through some of the worst parts of Toledo. Another good one that's closer than Maumee/Perrysburg is Ramada Toledo. Granted, I've never stayed at any of these, since I live here.

2012-09-06 06:10:11 PM
Remember folks, it's not how many people show up, or how much fun we have, or the memories we make, it's talking about it like it was the best f*cking thing ever just like those Dayton folks do :)

2012-09-08 10:05:10 PM
Wouldn't it be better to just make it the best farking thing ever?

Or at least in Toledo?

2012-09-15 08:01:26 PM
Argh, Toledo is too far. Have a Dayton Fark party!

2012-09-15 08:12:56 PM
I actually can probably make this.

Should I?

2012-09-15 08:13:55 PM
Ah, a week too late for me to go.

2012-09-15 08:14:05 PM
WAIT NOO I HAVE PLANS THAT WEEKEND.
RAGE MODE ENGAGED

2012-09-15 08:27:10 PM

InfamousBLT: WAIT NOO I HAVE PLANS THAT WEEKEND.
RAGE MODE ENGAGED

HAHA!

2012-09-15 09:28:05 PM

bkosh84: jayphat: bkosh84: Whoa. Toledo is popular enough for a Fark Party? Who knew.

\UT Grad
\\miss Toledo sometimes
\\\living in Cleveland.
\\\\slashies!

My brother graduated from UT. I myself will be moving to Cleveland Heights, working along the 271 belt. We totally need a Cleveland Fark party now.

2012-09-15 09:37:16 PM
Damn that's my daughters first birthday.. Hey I could have her tag along.
Might even get me a made for fark head line. If this was Florida!

bow [TotalFark]
2012-09-15 10:38:49 PM

InfamousBLT: WAIT NOO I HAVE PLANS THAT WEEKEND.
RAGE MODE ENGAGED

Damnit.

2012-09-21 12:48:00 AM
Well, despite my boss nearly losing the paperwork I filed two weeks ago, I managed to get the day off for the party (and the next day too). Now just have to figure out a way up there.

2012-09-21 09:29:50 PM
Ok jerks I'll probably go.

bow [TotalFark]
2012-09-22 12:21:19 AM

Miss Kelly: Ok jerks I'll probably go.

2012-09-22 08:10:09 PM
We'll see what's going on that night. I may make an appearance.

2012-09-22 10:33:01 PM
Hello Farkers! I'm mainly a lurker, but once and a while I'll post. Anyways, I live in Toledo, and I may stop by and people watch and drink a few, maybe make some new friends. Any reason to drink is a good reason for me! (Especially in Toledo)

2012-09-23 01:06:09 AM
I'm in

2012-09-23 01:10:28 AM

bow: skybreaker: Ohio State @ Michigan State that day, so no.

Boo.

The Ice Cream Man: Still have a lot of "Hello, my name is:" stickers left over from my Fark Party, so, I will see if I can stop by early. No more ice cream, though.

That would be great. Sorry I couldn't make Royal Oak btw. I work in Ann Arbor and live in Toledo, so it's hard to go out that far away on a weeknight.

I live in Toledo and work in ann arbor. Your excuses are invalid.

bow [TotalFark]
2012-09-23 01:23:23 AM
So do I, and I'm hosting.

2012-09-23 12:21:34 PM
I live there, I think I might be down for this if I have the day off.

2012-09-27 02:46:17 PM
Would anybody be willing to help a farker in need of a ride to the party? EIP

2012-09-28 12:00:28 AM

If its relatively on my way, then yes.

2012-09-28 12:25:46 AM

If its relatively on my way, then yes.

Probably too far away...Napoleon.

2012-09-28 06:54:18 AM

radiofreewill: ih8mylife: radiofreewill: Would anybody be willing to help a farker in need of a ride to the party? EIP

If its relatively on my way, then yes.

Probably too far away...Napoleon.

Yes, that is the opposite direction of Sylvania, by a lot.

2012-09-28 08:01:11 PM
As a native Toledoan who is exiled at the moment: I am drinking with you SOBs as an absentee.

Home Slice near the stadium is great for pizza, btw.

2012-09-28 08:12:36 PM
Sorry, I got to stay in Columbus this weekend.

2012-09-28 08:46:10 PM

Miss Kelly: Ok jerks I'll probably go.

YAY!

2012-09-28 09:06:51 PM

ricewater_stool: Damn, I would go but I have to be a dad that weekend.

Same here.

2012-09-28 09:14:48 PM

firemarth: Argh, Toledo is too far. Have a Dayton Fark party!

Where are you? I'm in Sidney and I thought the same thing.

First | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | » | Last | Show all