Host: bow
Description: Toledo Fark Party at the Attic on Adams - September 29, 2012 at 7:00 PM. Toledo's not that bad
Date/Time: September 29, 2012 - 07:00 PM (local time)
Party Info: Come to the first ever Toledo Fark Party! See what Toledo is really about - drinking.

The Attic is located in downtown Toledo at 1701 Adams Street. It's a pretty chill bar with a good mix of people and a great beer selection. thismomentinblackhistory will be bartending.

Check out their website:

There are several hotels located downtown for those interested in staying.

Feel free to contact bow if you have any questions or need more information.

1487 clicks; posted to Main » on 29 Sep 2012 at 3:56 PM (2 years ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

2012-09-05 02:10:13 PM
I should still be in Michigan at that point, so there's a very good chance I'll attend.

2012-09-05 02:11:01 PM
Ohio State @ Michigan State that day, so no.

2012-09-05 02:12:49 PM
Neat. I'm actually not that far from Toledo.

bow
2012-09-05 02:21:30 PM
I'm hoping we can get a good mix of Farkers from Michigan and Ohio. It should be fun.

2012-09-05 02:40:38 PM

bow
2012-09-05 02:50:15 PM

You quit it. The more the merrier.

I thought Fark Party threads were supposed to go green?

2012-09-05 03:07:32 PM
Cool, I might be able to make it up there (hopefully my El Camino is ready by then).

bow: I thought Fark Party threads were supposed to go green?

Huh, they usually do, you can try the "notify admins" link, someone may have just got a little too happy redding threads. Either that or even the admins hate Toledo.

2012-09-05 03:41:06 PM

bow: angrymacface: I should probably say that I'm not gonna be there so people will actually show up.

You quit it. The more the merrier.

I thought Fark Party threads were supposed to go green?

You may have to do the sending of the Farkback.

2012-09-05 04:10:40 PM
"Toledo's not that bad"

As an Ohioan, yes. It is.

2012-09-05 04:13:05 PM
"Toledo's not that bad."

Order an Inky's pizza, find some cold Stroh's and you'll muddle through.

2012-09-05 04:13:59 PM
I was just there!

2012-09-05 04:14:30 PM
Toledo has more corner bars per capita than any city I've ever been to. They're serious about drinking up there.

2012-09-05 04:18:39 PM
Hmm, I may have to make the trip up from BG.

2012-09-05 04:21:11 PM
Hey! Cool! Perrysburg counts, right?

2012-09-05 04:23:41 PM
I've been with Fark for ten years, and the month I've finally moved away from Toledo, they have a Fark party. I know I'm unloved but celebrating my exit?

2012-09-05 04:28:06 PM

2012-09-05 04:28:22 PM

2012-09-05 04:29:13 PM

2012-09-05 04:30:16 PM
I'll be there. You can count on that.

2012-09-05 04:30:17 PM
Sorry 'bout the double post!

2012-09-05 04:30:31 PM

Let me know if you go, sir. Otherwise, I'm not schlepping up there again.

2012-09-05 04:35:25 PM

The Ice Cream Man: Sorry 'bout the double post!

So does that mean you *will* have ice cream?

nopokerface: Let me know if you go, sir. Otherwise, I'm not schlepping up there again.

2012-09-05 04:38:15 PM

angrymacface: I won't say I'll be there until I actually walk through the door, but considering I'll only be an hour or so away, it is likely I'll go.

Conundrummy.

2012-09-05 04:41:35 PM
aw man, that's during Derbycon, can't make it

2012-09-05 04:43:21 PM

mr_fubar: Bummer, I'm getting married that day. Doubt the little lady would let me duck out for this.

If you're dumb enough to tell her where you're going, then you don't deserve to be there. Or married.

2012-09-05 04:44:07 PM

And you didn't invite fark?

bow
2012-09-05 04:46:38 PM

skybreaker: Ohio State @ Michigan State that day, so no.

Boo.

That would be great. Sorry I couldn't make Royal Oak btw. I work in Ann Arbor and live in Toledo, so it's hard to go out that far away on a weeknight.

2012-09-05 04:56:23 PM
Damn, I would go but I have to be a dad that weekend.

2012-09-05 05:02:33 PM

I used to work at a school two blocks from that bar... I don't know that I'd want to park my car there in the evening...

2012-09-05 05:05:38 PM
Toledo's not that bad

It's HOLY.

2012-09-05 05:05:58 PM

LazarusLong42: Much as I would love to go, if for no reason other than to meet TMIBH and talk to him about educational stuffs, I'm gonna have to mark this one as "extremely unlikely."

We live one block from there :). "Toledo's not so bad," and I have you farkied as "Toledo FARK party material," not sure since when...but you could be the one. The one who becomes his farky.

2012-09-05 05:09:07 PM

Let me know if you go, sir. Otherwise, I'm not schlepping up there again.

Maybe Dental Mosh Pit is a liter.

2012-09-05 05:10:15 PM

Let me know if you go, sir. Otherwise, I'm not schlepping up there again.

Maybe Dental Mosh Pit is a liter.

I'd sponsor her for a month if she promised not to blow me;)

2012-09-05 05:10:29 PM

skybreaker: Ohio State @ Michigan State that day, so no.

Spoiler alert: OSU wins.

Now you can come.

2012-09-05 05:14:36 PM

nopokerface: gspazg: nopokerface: angrymacface: I should probably say that I'm not gonna be there so people will actually show up.

Let me know if you go, sir. Otherwise, I'm not schlepping up there again.

Maybe Dental Mosh Pit is a liter.

I'd sponsor her for a month if she promised not to blow me;)

You'd be safer sticking your dick in a garbage disposal.

2012-09-05 05:17:17 PM

gspazg: You'd be safer sticking your dick in a garbage disposal.

Looked like a yellow wood chipper.

2012-09-05 05:18:25 PM

nopokerface: gspazg: You'd be safer sticking your dick in a garbage disposal.

Looked like a yellow wood chipper.

I loved her in Fargo.

/I may or may not be at the party.

2012-09-05 05:23:01 PM
Have fun boys, wish I could be there.

/Misses his hometown pretty bad.

2012-09-05 05:24:36 PM

jayphat: "Toledo's not that bad"

As an Ohioan, yes. It is.

Grew up in Toledo. Yes, it IS that bad.

2012-09-05 05:25:55 PM
I still ain't made up my mind about Toledo!

2012-09-05 05:37:37 PM

gspazg: You'd be safer sticking your dick in a garbage disposal.

That is sooo much fun!

2012-09-05 05:40:38 PM
Saturday night in Toledo, Ohio, is like being nowhere at all
All through the day how the hours rush by
You sit in the park and you watch the grass die

2012-09-05 05:43:03 PM

jayphat: "Toledo's not that bad"

As an Ohioan, yes. It is.

2012-09-05 05:45:00 PM
I just watched M*A*S*H yesterday, so I'm getting a kick...

...out of a Lebanese man in a suit dress and pillbox hat.

2012-09-05 05:47:13 PM
Another ex-Toledoan here. Have a great time, folks!

2012-09-05 06:13:50 PM
they put up a good fight against U of A last week.

2012-09-05 06:24:17 PM
Whoa. Toledo is popular enough for a Fark Party? Who knew.

\UT Grad
\\miss Toledo sometimes
\\\living in Cleveland.
\\\\slashies!

2012-09-05 06:33:25 PM
Count me in! I never thought this day would come.

2012-09-05 06:36:39 PM
Oh hell...now I'm gonna have to find a babysitter.

2012-09-05 06:37:57 PM

Would post link but I see my other post asking what the f Hmong people are has been moderated and omitted. Nice.

2012-09-05 06:39:02 PM

unfarkingbelievable: Heh, heh, I googled, "What the f*** are Hmong people," and this video came up called "Hmong People Can't Jump." Some kind of abject FAIL.

Dammit, I clicked on the wrong thread! I hate it when my opposable thumbs stop working! Damn digits!

2012-09-05 06:42:07 PM
Will have to check this out. And yes, Toledo is that bad.

2012-09-05 06:53:01 PM
As an Ohioian (and BG alum), Michigan got the better deal in the Ohio-Michigan War. They got the upper pensinula, we got Toledo.

2012-09-05 07:31:41 PM

bkosh84: Whoa. Toledo is popular enough for a Fark Party? Who knew.

\UT Grad
\\miss Toledo sometimes
\\\living in Cleveland.
\\\\slashies!

Dude, I'm moving to Cleveland in 2.5 weeks. Now I won't feel like the only Farker in that twisted place.

2012-09-05 07:50:39 PM

Its fine....you can park in my lot by Manhattans......nothing bad will happen!

2012-09-05 08:09:07 PM

Avondale=do not walk on this street. Prospect Ave=do not even drive down this street. Adams=park and walk no matter the hour. "Toledo's not that bad" is our city slogan.

2012-09-05 08:28:34 PM
Live just across border in SE Mich, will definetely try to make it

2012-09-05 08:54:14 PM
Reasons to go:

1- I used to live in Toledo
2- It's a two-hour drive from where I live now

Reasons to not go:

1- I might run into an ex-girlfriend, which would be awkward
2- It's a two-hour drive from where I live now

2012-09-05 09:41:56 PM
As a long-ago former resident of Sylvania, I bid thee well and drink mightily, Toledo Farkers!

2012-09-05 09:58:37 PM

jayphat: bkosh84: Whoa. Toledo is popular enough for a Fark Party? Who knew.

\UT Grad
\\miss Toledo sometimes
\\\living in Cleveland.
\\\\slashies!

Haha, Yeah, Cleveland's not that bad. Better than Toledo (Better/Friendlier downtown area).

I used to live in "The Historic Hillcrest" in downtown Toledo. Only good thing about that place was that me and my suite mates were within walking distance of The Attic. If any of you Farkers never been to The Attic.. It's one of the best bars in Toledo.. They have a projector that shows TV Shows on a building right behind them. It's pretty sweet.

2012-09-05 10:20:07 PM
I may have to make time for this.

2012-09-05 11:55:52 PM
Oh sure, there is finally a fark party in my hometown AFTER I move out

2012-09-06 12:45:46 AM
TOLOLOLODEO

2012-09-06 01:11:06 AM

2012-09-06 01:22:42 AM

turnipbear: As fate would have it, I'm coming back to town that weekend for a wedding in Swanton! Any problems with (kinda)upstate NY representing?

Of course not!!!!

2012-09-06 06:30:41 AM
I'm excited, there is a good chance I can show up to this. I'm moving to Ohio in a few days.

2012-09-06 09:10:12 AM

2012-09-06 09:14:20 AM

I would avoid the Crown. Depending on how wasted you want to get, our suburban hotels/motels may be a better choice as they are inevitably newer. If I was staying downtown I would probably go with the Park Inn or maybe the Wyndham.

2012-09-06 10:24:52 AM

Eh, not planning on getting schwasted or anything. Just looking for someplace clean/quiet/safe and easily accessible (finding, parking, etc). I'd be coming up from the south. Price is not a big deal. Reading reviews and so far I'm not.. encouraged.. by anything. Any recommendations would be great.

2012-09-06 01:09:13 PM

Dreadstar: thismomentinblackhistory: Dreadstar: Google's showing 4 different entries for what looks like one hotel on summit. Crowne Plaza, Grand Plaza, Wyndham.. any locals know what it's called right now, and would you recommend that, the Park Inn, or something else?

Hilton Garden Inn in Perrysburg is pretty new. I believe someone up the thread is coming from there -- maybe you could awkwardly car pool?

Another good place to look are places in Maumee.

It's a very easy city to navigate given the size. It's most definitely not necessary to actually stay downtown.

2012-09-06 03:10:53 PM

jayphat: "Toledo's not that bad"

As an Ohioan, yes. It is.

As a former Toledoan, no, it's not Like any city just have to know where to live and where to go out and have fun.

2012-09-06 04:55:08 PM

Park Inn and Grand Plaza are pretty nice, though have to pay for parking. Or, you can stay were Obama just did at the Toledo Hilton. But, the drive to downtown from there goes through some of the worst parts of Toledo. Another good one that's closer than Maumee/Perrysburg is Ramada Toledo. Granted, I've never stayed at any of these, since I live here.

2012-09-06 06:10:11 PM
Remember folks, it's not how many people show up, or how much fun we have, or the memories we make, it's talking about it like it was the best f*cking thing ever just like those Dayton folks do :)

2012-09-08 10:05:10 PM
Wouldn't it be better to just make it the best farking thing ever?

Or at least in Toledo?

2012-09-15 08:01:26 PM
Argh, Toledo is too far. Have a Dayton Fark party!

2012-09-15 08:12:56 PM
I actually can probably make this.

Should I?

2012-09-15 08:13:55 PM
Ah, a week too late for me to go.

2012-09-15 08:14:05 PM
WAIT NOO I HAVE PLANS THAT WEEKEND.
RAGE MODE ENGAGED

2012-09-15 08:27:10 PM

InfamousBLT: WAIT NOO I HAVE PLANS THAT WEEKEND.
RAGE MODE ENGAGED

HAHA!

2012-09-15 09:28:05 PM

bkosh84: jayphat: bkosh84: Whoa. Toledo is popular enough for a Fark Party? Who knew.

\UT Grad
\\miss Toledo sometimes
\\\living in Cleveland.
\\\\slashies!

My brother graduated from UT. I myself will be moving to Cleveland Heights, working along the 271 belt. We totally need a Cleveland Fark party now.

2012-09-15 09:37:16 PM
Damn that's my daughters first birthday.. Hey I could have her tag along.
Might even get me a made for fark head line. If this was Florida!

bow
2012-09-15 10:38:49 PM

InfamousBLT: WAIT NOO I HAVE PLANS THAT WEEKEND.
RAGE MODE ENGAGED

Damnit.

2012-09-21 12:48:00 AM
Well, despite my boss nearly losing the paperwork I filed two weeks ago, I managed to get the day off for the party (and the next day too). Now just have to figure out a way up there.

2012-09-21 09:29:50 PM
Ok jerks I'll probably go.

bow
2012-09-22 12:21:19 AM

Miss Kelly: Ok jerks I'll probably go.

2012-09-22 08:10:09 PM
We'll see what's going on that night. I may make an appearance.

2012-09-22 10:33:01 PM
Hello Farkers! I'm mainly a lurker, but once and a while I'll post. Anyways, I live in Toledo, and I may stop by and people watch and drink a few, maybe make some new friends. Any reason to drink is a good reason for me! (Especially in Toledo)

2012-09-23 01:06:09 AM
I'm in

2012-09-23 01:10:28 AM

bow: skybreaker: Ohio State @ Michigan State that day, so no.

Boo.

I live in Toledo and work in ann arbor. Your excuses are invalid.

bow
2012-09-23 01:23:23 AM
So do I, and I'm hosting.

2012-09-23 12:21:34 PM
I live there, I think I might be down for this if I have the day off.

2012-09-27 02:46:17 PM
Would anybody be willing to help a farker in need of a ride to the party? EIP

2012-09-28 12:00:28 AM

If its relatively on my way, then yes.

2012-09-28 12:25:46 AM

If its relatively on my way, then yes.

Probably too far away...Napoleon.

2012-09-28 06:54:18 AM

radiofreewill: ih8mylife: radiofreewill: Would anybody be willing to help a farker in need of a ride to the party? EIP

If its relatively on my way, then yes.

Probably too far away...Napoleon.

Yes, that is the opposite direction of Sylvania, by a lot.

2012-09-28 08:01:11 PM
As a native Toledoan who is exiled at the moment: I am drinking with you SOBs as an absentee.

Home Slice near the stadium is great for pizza, btw.

2012-09-28 08:12:36 PM
Sorry, I got to stay in Columbus this weekend.

2012-09-28 08:46:10 PM

Miss Kelly: Ok jerks I'll probably go.

YAY!

2012-09-28 09:06:51 PM

ricewater_stool: Damn, I would go but I have to be a dad that weekend.

Same here.

2012-09-28 09:14:48 PM

firemarth: Argh, Toledo is too far. Have a Dayton Fark party!

Where are you? I'm in Sidney and I thought the same thing.

2012-09-28 09:26:22 PM

Anderson's Pooper: firemarth: Argh, Toledo is too far. Have a Dayton Fark party!

Where are you? I'm in Sidney and I thought the same thing.

I'm in Kettering, myself.
Lets find more Southwest Ohio Farkers and throw our own damn party!

2012-09-28 11:45:10 PM
Grah, gonna have to be in Waterville that day/time. Drink extra for me!

2012-09-29 12:29:24 AM

2_glass_eyes: Grah, gonna have to be in Waterville that day/time. Drink extra for me!

Aww man, so close and yet so far.

2012-09-29 08:46:35 AM
Missed it by this much....

I was working in Toledo all week. Just got home last night.

/UT grad
//Kinda sorta miss Toledo

2012-09-29 08:51:28 AM
Pretty sure I've been banned from Toledo for concealed weapons violations

2012-09-29 09:51:12 AM

You're not sure? I wouldn't worry about it, our police are notoriously lazy:)

2012-09-29 10:04:49 AM
"Toledo's not that bad"

- born and raised there, except for the great Zoo.... YES it is!

2012-09-29 10:24:03 AM

Ooba Tooba: Ceteris Paribus says: Pretty sure I've been banned from Toledo for concealed weapons violations

You're not sure? I wouldn't worry about it, our police are notoriously lazy:)

Yeah, I got in trouble for unleashing the gun show.

2012-09-29 10:50:12 AM

angrymacface: The Ice Cream Man: Still have a lot of "Hello, my name is:" stickers left over from my Fark Party, so, I will see if I can stop by early. No more ice cream, though.

The Ice Cream Man: Sorry 'bout the double post!

So does that mean you *will* have ice cream?

Tell you what: I'll bring some Better Maid Potato Chips, since they go better with beer. Gotta represent the D.

2012-09-29 10:52:23 AM
trotsky: Home Slice near the stadium is great for pizza, btw.

Don't tell these people lies! Home Slice is seriously vile. The aforementioned Inky's or the true Gino's on Arlington Ave. are the only places loyal Toledoans should recommend.

Actually, I'm surprised at how many of you guys are from my hometown. I'm worried that I might show up and find someone I actually know in real life. Would that be awkward?

2012-09-29 12:50:39 PM

delphine: trotsky: Home Slice near the stadium is great for pizza, btw.

No more awkward than the time I met a farker at a bar, and just from things we both said, we looked at each other and said "Fark." Yep, we are everywhere.

2012-09-29 02:00:25 PM
I'd like to be on Adams tonight, but it's highly unlikely.

i306.photobucket.com

i306.photobucket.com

2012-09-29 02:54:25 PM
wow....never thought this day would come

2012-09-29 04:22:45 PM
Wait, OHIO?

www.travelinginspain.com

I knew I should have made a left in Rancho Cucamonga.

2012-09-29 07:12:23 PM

2012-09-29 07:55:25 PM
I'm here! Where all the farkers at?

No, seriously; I'm very cold and lonely.

2012-09-29 07:57:37 PM
There is being the people of the fark.com website in the place of this.

LAUGHTER OL!

2012-09-29 08:30:52 PM

Smoke 'n' Pancake: Figures. Just got home from work, and don't feel like going out..... Who knows when the next Toledo FARK party will be???

Dont know come out for a drink

2012-09-29 11:00:48 PM
I thought this was next weekend. In Fairmount, Indiana with my dad and bro for the James Dean run car show. Bully

2012-09-30 12:37:41 AM

2012-09-30 12:50:49 AM
Came here to weigh in.

/*crickets*
//Okay, leaving now.

2012-09-30 02:37:38 AM

Fortun81: We are watching the hipster Olympics in the back, and drinking too much.. While arm wrestling..

Yeah, I lost rather terribly at the arm wrestling.

2012-09-30 03:04:34 AM
We laughed.
We cried.
It was the best of times, it was the blurst of times?!

You stupid monkey!

2012-09-30 04:54:55 AM
Great party, team. Looking forward to making it again.

2012-09-30 01:24:16 PM
...Rode my motorcycle in the rain
And you told me not to drive
But I made it home alive
So you said that only proves that I'm insane

/okay, it didn't rain, sosumi
//great party, y'all
///Thanks for the TF, Mr. Bow

2012-09-30 01:36:38 PM
Good times were had by all.

2012-09-30 03:10:54 PM

2012-09-30 05:18:16 PM

JOHN MCENROE MY CHILDHOOD NEMESIS: Great party, team. Looking forward to making it again.

Enjoy the TF...

2012-09-30 06:08:00 PM
Nice meeting some of you and seeing others I haven't seen in awhile.

2012-09-30 06:41:51 PM

thebpem: Thanks Radiofree for TF! May I never get anything accomplished in my life again.

Happy to help destroy your productivity.