Host: GWSuperfan
Description: Starting at 7PM PDT: Halloween Fark Party. Oceanside, CA. Hosted by GWSuperfan and VivianVivisect
Date/Time: November 3, 2012 - 07:00 PM (local time)
Party Info: Thinking that this will be a chill at a bar on Friday, and then crawl through downtown Oceanside on Saturday thing. There's plenty of hotels from fleabags ($) to the Wyndham ($$$$), and it's mass-transit accessible from LA (Metrolink) and San Diego (Coaster). If people fly in to SAN, you can take the Coater North. Contact GWSuperfan for further info.

Location: Stone Brewery Tasting Room
310 N Tremont Street
Oceanside, CA 92054
(760) 529-0002
(view map)

3109 clicks; posted to Main » on 03 Nov 2012 at 12:00 PM (1 year ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

First | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | » | Last | Show all

2012-10-20 01:00:13 AM

GWSuperfan: Mudwhistle62: This is only a couple hours from me...I'm in San Diego right now until about March

Take the Coaster up, Mud

Well goddamnit I just might

2012-10-20 01:05:16 AM
Coaster station in Oceanside is only a couple of blocks from the bars.

2012-10-20 01:20:51 AM

Mother of god....I'm actually gonna meet some of you people

2012-10-20 01:37:59 AM

Mudwhistle62: GWSuperfan: Coaster station in Oceanside is only a couple of blocks from the bars.

Mother of god....I'm actually gonna meet some of you people

WOOHOO!

2012-10-20 01:59:05 AM
Zipsplat, going to be there?

2012-10-20 01:59:40 AM
I'll be at NTC, or thereabouts. It never ends.

2012-10-20 02:03:09 AM

GWSuperfan: pedobearapproved: bah, another San Diego Fark party not in San Diego.

Dude. Coaster.

... gets you there... what gets you home?

2012-10-20 02:03:36 AM
halloween party? in the month of november? super fail.

and people complain about christmas on labor day. haha

2012-10-20 02:04:49 AM

Will the festivities have wound down by then?

2012-10-20 02:05:40 AM

Will the festivities have wound down by then?

Probably not. But I believe Amtrak runs later (and on Sundays, too)

2012-10-20 02:15:59 AM

GWSuperfan: Enigmamf: Last southbound Coaster from Oceanside on Saturdays leaves at 5:15PM; 5:40PM on Friday.

Will the festivities have wound down by then?

Probably not. But I believe Amtrak runs later (and on Sundays, too)

2012-10-20 02:26:11 AM

Enigmamf: Good point: On the 3rd there's a southbound train scheduled for 9:19PM and 11:52PM. That might help many people around those stations, though since I'm in Mira Mesa it's much less convenient than the Coaster.

Or, if people need to drive and crash up here, I have a couple of guest parking passes that can be used.

2012-10-20 02:52:18 AM

2012-10-20 03:04:41 AM
My travel was extended another week but it looks like I need to fly out from LAX at midnight 11/3 morning, 11/2 night.

Always a bridesmaid, never a bride... :(

2012-10-20 03:08:55 AM

The Pig is just round one. I'm planning on people meeting at Stone Brewery to commence the Bar Crawl on Saturday.

2012-10-20 03:28:57 AM

GWSuperfan: Lord of Doucheville: Live in oside and will make my first Fark party! Woohoo! Heard great things about the Flying Pig, so even better. Party on!

2012-10-20 03:39:01 AM

Hit me up when you're gonna be in O-Side. I'll meet you at our tasting room for a beer or two.

/I can crawl there from my house

2012-10-20 03:50:32 AM

GWSuperfan: AverageAmericanGuy: Anyone up for a Stone Brewery tour next weekend 10/27 or 10/28? I've been dying to go.

/I can crawl there from my house

You bet! I'll be in Torrance from this Monday for two weeks, leaving on 11/2 midnight.

Hopefully I'm not swamped on the weekends like my last trip. Either way, I'll email you.

2012-10-20 04:28:20 AM

2012-10-20 06:00:45 AM

Is it carried by anyplace downtown? On Saturday, I was planning on hitting up everything from Stone and Tremont to Haunted Head and Breakwater.

/We're equal-opportunity beer snobs around here.

2012-10-20 06:13:46 AM

GWSuperfan: geeniusatwurk: Too bad Oceanside Ale Works is on the opposite side of Oceanside, that place is my favorite when it comes to beer drinking, and unfortunately it's one of the few local breweries not carried by the Flying Pig (which I love).

/We're equal-opportunity beer snobs around here.

Only one I know for sure is 333 Pacific, which only caries their strong blonde and maybe the IPA. Definitely not the porter and stout that draws me to OAW. Someone should load up a couple growlers and take them to the pub crawl, drink out of someone's trunk at some midpoint between 2 far bars and whatnot. Gotta have regular filling stations and whatnot

2012-10-20 07:44:57 AM

I also live near the Flying Pig and have an extra room with a futon if anyone needs/wants a place to crash.

2012-10-20 10:41:14 AM

2012-10-20 11:19:32 AM

drew46n2: If you thought Solana Beach was a haul from SD, now we're going to Oceanside! Pack a lunch, it's going to be a long drive.

Move out of the sticks, gentlemen. North County is the new downtown.

2012-10-20 07:59:12 PM

Why would you drive? Go to the Coaster station, get a ticket, and sit back and relax.

2012-10-26 11:32:24 PM

2012-10-27 12:09:27 AM

They all suck. Except for some of them. And, except for the ones that don't. But the rest - suck. With those, you're not missing anything.

2012-10-27 12:34:50 AM

We could do that on Saturday, sure. Are you thinking of the one at the Harbor?

2012-10-27 01:15:30 AM

We could do that on Saturday, sure. Are you thinking of the one at the Harbor?

I can't do Saturday I am going to the Aztecs game.

2012-10-27 01:21:56 AM

We could do that on Saturday, sure. Are you thinking of the one at the Harbor?

I can't do Saturday I am going to the Aztecs game.

Were you thinking Sunday?

2012-10-27 01:31:30 AM
Hello everyone, my name is EdNortonsTwin, and I'm a farkaholic...

I'd be a fool to not come to this one with me being just the next county north.

Now, to train it or drive it???

Anyone from OC going that may want to share a room? Anyone that doesn't snore that is ???

:-)

2012-10-27 01:31:37 AM

GWSuperfan: titwrench: GWSuperfan: titwrench: Beach Break for brunch? Can't make the crawl but it would be cool to meet some of you guys. Or not, whatever .

We could do that on Saturday, sure. Are you thinking of the one at the Harbor?

I can't do Saturday I am going to the Aztecs game.

Were you thinking Sunday?

If there are some interested stragglers. It could be fun.

2012-10-27 01:33:03 AM

titwrench: If there are some interested stragglers. It could be fun.

I'd be down, and I live here. There may be a few folks left over.

2012-10-27 01:54:43 AM

GWSuperfan: titwrench: If there are some interested stragglers. It could be fun.

I'd be down, and I live here. There may be a few folks left over.

Put it to a vote. I could go for a scramblata.

2012-10-27 10:55:18 AM

2012-10-27 01:49:16 PM

Sorry I can't make it out there. I'm stuck here getting stuff done so I can party next weekend.

2012-10-27 02:10:23 PM

GWSuperfan: AverageAmericanGuy: Will be at Stone Brewery in Escondido at 11 this morning trying to get tour tickets. Come by and say hello if you're in the neighborhood.

No problem. We're the last two who made it into the first tour.

Heading into the dining hall now.

2012-10-27 02:31:22 PM
Oh my god.

Everywhere I look I see beer.

Is this heaven?

2012-10-27 03:32:59 PM

IamAwake: titwrench: Beach Break for brunch? Can't make the crawl but it would be cool to meet some of you guys. Or not, whatever .

you probably won't mean IamAwake because he'll show up on the wrong day.

2012-10-27 03:33:40 PM
/meet

2012-10-27 04:22:22 PM
So little beer served during the tour... Have to make it up at the bar now.

2012-10-27 05:21:31 PM

When you are finished you should take a little side trip to Churchill's. It isn't to far away and they have good beer and food.

2012-10-27 06:39:59 PM

titwrench: AverageAmericanGuy: So little beer served during the tour... Have to make it up at the bar now.

Currently passed out in my car in San Clemente. What a great day!

2012-10-27 08:11:15 PM
I'll be there. supporting @gwsuperfan and tolietaid

my facebook: http://www.facebook.com/thevixy

2012-10-27 08:20:11 PM

Be sure to try all the varieties of the Smoked Porter. Vanilla Bean is my favorite. The Chipotle is a little weird.

2012-10-31 02:57:57 PM

koror: I'm not a normal commenter on FARK but I would like to come to this party. I just moved to Oceanside from Colorado and don't really know anyone in California so it would be nice to meet folks.

If that offer is still open I might take you up on it, I have to be to work in San Marcos in the morning so staying in downtown Oside would make me going to the party feasible.

2012-10-31 03:01:50 PM
Also koror; email me so we can set up a line of communication, Leig­hto­n­A­nd­[nospam-﹫-backwards]l­iam­g*com

2012-10-31 03:10:25 PM
Can I get a rough count of how many people are gonna be there on Friday? I'l like to give the Pig a heads-up if we're gonna be a big crowd.

2012-10-31 05:49:28 PM
Crud... I just learned about this. I would've taken the train down from LA but my weekend is completely full with other numerous drinking opportunities. Next time for sure (especially if it's close to LA).

2012-11-01 04:28:50 AM
I'd like to come on Friday (chill pre-party sounds better than bar-hopping) but I'm going to the Breeder's cup in Los Angeles on Saturday morning, and I don't think I want to drive back to LA late Friday night and then leave early Saturday morning. However, I may drive down to join you folks on Saturday.

First | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | » | Last | Show all