Host: GWSuperfan
Description: Starting at 7PM PDT: Halloween Fark Party. Oceanside, CA. Hosted by GWSuperfan and VivianVivisect
Date/Time: November 3, 2012 - 07:00 PM (local time)
Party Info: Thinking that this will be a chill at a bar on Friday, and then crawl through downtown Oceanside on Saturday thing. There's plenty of hotels from fleabags ($) to the Wyndham ($$$$), and it's mass-transit accessible from LA (Metrolink) and San Diego (Coaster). If people fly in to SAN, you can take the Coater North. Contact GWSuperfan for further info.

Location: Stone Brewery Tasting Room
310 N Tremont Street
Oceanside, CA 92054
(760) 529-0002
(view map)

3139 clicks; posted to Main » on 03 Nov 2012 at 12:00 PM (1 year ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

2012-08-28 03:16:10 AM
This is at the very northern edge of San Diego county. Should be accessible by folks from LA, OC, and SD via train.

2012-08-28 03:16:18 AM
So I'm chopped liver? Co-host. That's me, to be fair. It's in Oceanside, surf city, we're GWSUPERFAN lives. :-)

Momentum. We have it.

So Cal lives biatches

2012-08-28 03:20:57 AM
I can't believe I was called the curvy one that looks like a Pokemon trainer. Post a pic of the orange county Fark party that happen last week

2012-08-28 03:38:55 AM
I can make this one, couldn't do the bowling. I'll be living in Tustin by then though most likely... that or Temecula, either one is fairly close though the 91 in from the latter can be a mess

2012-08-28 03:41:14 AM
Facebook Page: Link

2012-08-28 03:44:15 AM

2012-08-28 03:47:06 AM

martissimo: also why would anyone fly in to Dago? Seems like John Wayne is the way to go with that

It's a toss-up, but if you're training it from the airport, SAN is better than SNA

2012-08-28 03:50:55 AM
sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net

the OC party last weekend

2012-08-28 05:03:35 AM
you guys are just getting gratuitous now...

2012-08-28 07:59:13 AM

IamAwake: you guys are just getting gratuitous now...

We can't help it

2012-08-28 09:27:05 AM

2012-08-28 11:10:06 AM

The sunshine and unicorns is just blasting from your ears huh bud?

2012-08-28 01:00:16 PM

Go Derp yourself.

2012-08-28 02:24:12 PM
...used to live in O'side. Not really feasible now, being most of the way across the country.

2012-08-28 02:38:17 PM
I see your troll is from Washington DC, so he probably doesn't understand the concept of stimulating the local economy.

I might make it out there for one of the two dates. If the pre-party is for a whole day beforehand, you guys are gonna be hella drunk Saturday night. :)

2012-08-28 02:46:31 PM

I was thinking of finding a spot for people to chill on Friday night and get hammered, then Saturday we could hit the beach (Yes, it's November, but it's California), Pier, Harbor and other local spots over the course of the day before regrouping for the big downtown bar-crawl on Saturday.

Stone Brewing just opened up a tasting room downtown, along with (off the top of my head) at least 6 other bars within a couple of blocks.

2012-08-28 08:04:58 PM
A Fark party? In my town? Holy crap, somebody let Camp Pendleton know the sounds they hear after 8pm are not an invasion.

2012-08-28 08:13:04 PM

Bone fire?

2012-08-29 02:58:10 AM

VivianVivisect: GWSuperfan: cyberspacedout: If the pre-party is for a whole day beforehand, you guys are gonna be hella drunk Saturday night. :)

Bone fire?

*fire pit

2012-08-29 05:12:53 AM
Not sure if I'll be making this one.

2012-08-29 03:18:14 PM

Mr. Lickalickalicka: Not sure if I'll be making this one.

Yea, halloween is intense.

2012-08-31 04:20:02 AM

Really? Gosh, that's too bad, you seem like such a fun person.

I, on the other hand, might be able to make this... just gotta figure out where to stay. It looks like there are some hotels in the immediate area, anyone know of a good one?

2012-09-12 10:28:37 PM
If my father in law still lived in Oceanside and the wife wan't preggo I'd think about it, but sadly I don't have much reason to fly out there these days.

2012-09-15 08:24:20 PM

2012-09-15 08:31:36 PM
I'm a Marine stationed at Camp Pendleton. My wife and I love the flying pig. We try to go there every few weeks. Out of all the restaurants in the Carlsbad/Oceanside area, this is definitely our favorite. The owner (at least that's who I think it is) always comes around and asks how we're doing and if our meal is alright.

I've never been to a fark party but I'll sure try to make this one.

2012-09-15 08:34:23 PM

Your nephew is a gay infant?

2012-09-15 08:57:23 PM

VivianVivisect: [sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net image 850x637]

the OC party last weekend

lulz

Farkers in their "natural" environment.

2012-09-15 09:01:17 PM

PoliticalDerp: that's just like f*cking Californians

Wow. Really ? In a party posting ? Fark parties are fun, I should know. I ask you this- who cares if there is a financial interest to anyone involved ? It seems like a cool place to have a party and, dammit- moar power to them .

On topic, I will try and make this one, but the last time I went south, it was stop and go from el toro to leucadia. Sigh.

2012-09-15 09:06:50 PM

libranoelrose: brownlady79: I hope to make it for the pubcrawl...that will depend on whether my new nephew decides to make his Coming Out Debut and if I am not too broke to get a hotel.

Your nephew is a gay infant?

Yep. He's FABULOUS!

2012-09-15 09:17:23 PM
8 Fark Party posts in a row? Just taking a wild guess here, but I'm thinking Drew is plastered.

2012-09-15 10:14:47 PM

I have a house you can stay in, honey. Just bring a sleeping bag.

2012-09-15 10:27:21 PM

2012-09-15 10:59:53 PM

katemonster: Aww... sounds fun but I don't think I can make it. November 3 is my birthday and the boyfriend is planning a weekend away. Have fun!

You will be missed. We'll be sure to tell everyone to watch you on Wheel the next Tuesday :)

2012-09-15 11:03:31 PM

GWSuperfan: brownlady79: I hope to make it for the pubcrawl...that will depend on whether my new nephew decides to make his Coming Out Debut and if I am not too broke to get a hotel.

I have a house you can stay in, honey. Just bring a sleeping bag.

I can do that! :D

2012-09-16 12:32:46 AM
bah, another San Diego Fark party not in San Diego.

2012-09-16 12:42:56 AM

pedobearapproved: bah, another San Diego Fark party not in San Diego.

Dude. Coaster.

2012-09-16 01:15:05 AM

pedobearapproved: bah, another San Diego Fark party not in San Diego.

We can hang out at the Ould Sod and have Fark liter party.

2012-09-16 03:19:51 AM

2012-09-16 04:12:12 AM

If you want, I can introduce you to some folks in the local Trans community while you're here. There are lots of people that come down from South OC for support group meetings at the local center.

2012-10-02 08:04:08 PM

2012-10-02 08:08:31 PM

GWSuperfan: Myria: Oh nice, another one near me. Not quite as close as Irvine Lanes, but still fairly close.

2012-10-02 08:19:00 PM
That sounds like my kind of freakshow.

2012-10-02 08:25:46 PM

Pray 4 Mojo: If it's gonna be that kind of party... maybe I'll finally go to one of these things.

What kind of party? Welcoming to all? Yes, I think it will be that.

/We're all Farkers, after all.

2012-10-02 08:42:30 PM

2012-10-02 08:48:55 PM
Why you west coasters gotta' have 2 parties ?

And 2 hosts ?

2012-10-02 08:57:11 PM

NikkiPoooo: Hmmm... this reminder was timely. I just booked a flight to LA to visit a friend, and I arrive on 11/1. I wonder if she'd be up for a little road trip.

DO IT!!!!

2012-10-02 08:58:44 PM

One Bad Apple: Why you west coasters gotta' have 2 parties ?

And 2 hosts ?

It's one party- 2 days. And we have 2 hosts, because it's twice as awesome that way.

2012-10-02 09:15:11 PM
Swear to god I miss these things by mere weeks.

Will be in Torrance (again, goddammit) next week. Just in time to miss this FP.

2012-10-02 11:30:40 PM
Well dammitsomuch. I have cousins in Oceanside, some of which recently said "hellz yeah, bro. New house. Come down for a weekend and party with us sometime". And alas, here's a farking Fark party there and I can't be......this time. Two parties in one. Fark I need to get out more.

2012-10-03 03:34:17 AM
I am still partially in, just to see the newish crop of Fark Party folks do their thing. . But it is rather fluid between now and then as it is. I know=- it sounds stupid but that how i make money folks- i do the last mintute things rock
in. Style.

2012-10-03 11:46:37 AM

2012-10-03 08:11:36 PM

CatGrampy: Oh, yes: I can walk to the Fark party! Flying Pig shrimp and grits and some fine ale, yowsah!

We had a small get-together there a few months ago. Sorry you missed it, but I hope you can make this one.

2012-10-05 09:51:13 PM
damnit.

this is why i need to check this tab

2012-10-05 10:32:20 PM

2012-10-05 11:01:04 PM

GWSuperfan: I realize it's a bit of a drive for you, sgt cyanide but there are cheap flights from PHX to SAN, and if you can get that close, I'll arrange for you to make it the rest of the way.

i LOVE california, i just need time to plan trips these days. and for some reason whenever we go to california we drive, nobody in the road trip crew minds it and california kinds of needs cars its not like flying to new york and then getting arounds

2012-10-05 11:04:08 PM

sgt cyanide: i just need time to plan trips these days.

You've got almost a whole month ;)

2012-10-05 11:19:02 PM

GWSuperfan: You've got almost a whole month ;)

how soon does one recover from lipo? =P

2012-10-05 11:20:39 PM

sgt cyanide: GWSuperfan: You've got almost a whole month ;)

how soon does one recover from lipo? =P

If you saw some of the military wives around here (some of them get HUGE after they hook onto their gravy-train husbands), you'd know that lipo is not required for Oceanside :)

2012-10-13 09:31:17 PM
Can't be there, but I lived in Oceanside when I was a preschooler (48 years ago), and again for a few months when I was in the third grade.

A few years ago, my mother and I happened to be in town for my brother's graduation from Marine Corps bootcamp. I decided to go look up our old house. Surprisingly, I drove right to it, as all I remembered was that it had a canyon in its backyard. I parked across the street, and was looking at my old abode (that my parents had purchased for $12,000 in 1962) and an older Hawaiian man stepped out and asked rather pointedly, "Can I help you?"

I told him that I had lived in the home next to his, and he immediately asked, "Are you Ray's boy, John?" I was totally astounded, as being a military brat, and prior service myself, I have almost no acquaintances of more than a few years.

I had to tell him that my father had committed suicide in 1972, as a consequence of the Viet Nam War, but that my mother was well and remembered him and his family well, and fondly. He was very kind and caught me up to date on the neighborhood.

My memories of Oceanside are not fond overall, (I was so bullied as one of only three white students in our elementary school, and a tiny farker to boot, that my father sent me to school with a baseball bat and told me to never come home crying again) but I was pleased to see the improvements made in the town and the oceanfront.

I hope all you FARKers have fun, and stay safe.

2012-10-13 09:36:39 PM

You lived in the Eastside and went to Laurel Elementary?

2012-10-13 09:47:26 PM

You lived in the Eastside and went to Laurel Elementary?

2012-10-13 10:01:39 PM
I mentioned in a totally unrelated thread one of my third grade memories from Laurel School. They had a game we played where we would swing on the swings (the biggest swingset I've ever seen) as high as they could, then let go and jump onto a chain-link fence. The one who could land highest was the winner for that recess.

One day, I watched a kid break his leg in the ugliest way possible (compound fracture), and the ambulance came and took him away. Next recess we were out playing that game again.

2012-10-13 10:04:25 PM
I went to mccaullife (sp) elementary school, so I'm getting a kick out this discussion.

2012-10-13 10:39:43 PM

I'm on the other side of that canyon. I can probably see your old house from my back porch :)

2012-10-13 10:57:03 PM

GWSuperfan: UNAUTHORIZED FINGER: Yes! I didn't remember Laurel Elementary till you mentioned it, but yes. I lived on Walton (Avenue, Boulevard, Street?) almost at the end.

How cool! We were the third house from the end. When I was little, I considered that canyon endless.

Oceanside shaped a lot of my outlook on life. Before I lived there, my father was a Marine Corps recruiter in Denver. So I spent Kindergarten through half of my third grade year just outside of Denver. My school there was all white, except for one black little boy that everyone teased so badly it retarded him.

Then I went to Oceanside where it was almost exactly the opposite. From my experiences there, I learned the problem is not black people or white people, it's people! This lesson was reinforced when I moved to Northern California and was treated worse than ever by an entirely white school.

In defense of both of these schools, I was a know-it-all nerd, bored by always being ahead in class, who would just get up and walk out into the hall and read a book if what they were serving wasn't to my liking. Hell, I'd have beat me up. I felt like Eddie Izzard when he said that he got beat up for using words that other kids couldn't spell. My older brother loved it in Oceanside.

2012-10-13 11:03:56 PM

You lived in the Eastside and went to Laurel Elementary?

i drive pass there once a week.

2012-10-13 11:07:12 PM

W.C.fields forever: UNAUTHORIZED FINGER: GWSuperfan: UNAUTHORIZED FINGER: all I remembered was that it had a canyon in its backyard. ... I was so bullied as one of only three white students in our elementary school

You lived in the Eastside and went to Laurel Elementary?

i drive pass there once a week.

I'm stuck in Arizona. I envy you.

/Oh, to be a kid again

2012-10-13 11:16:56 PM

UNAUTHORIZED FINGER: W.C.fields forever: UNAUTHORIZED FINGER: GWSuperfan: UNAUTHORIZED FINGER: all I remembered was that it had a canyon in its backyard. ... I was so bullied as one of only threYes! I didn't remember Laurel Elementary till you mentioned it, but yes. I lived on Walton (Avenue, Boulevard, Street?) almost at the end. Of all the twelve schools I went to before graduating high school (once again, military brat) that was the one I feared.

My best memory of Oceanside was that my older brother was afraid to go down the MASSIVE slide at the beach, but I lived for it. Oh, and my father fishing for Bonito off the pier. He had huge arms, and could cast underhand another fifty to one-hundred feet beyond anyone else on the pier. Kids used to gather just to watch. I caught an eight-pound bass with a dropline on that pier. I tied up traffic because I couldn't reel fast enough, so I just wrapped line from one side of the pier to the other. That was a red-letter day.e white students in our elementary school

You lived in the Eastside and went to Laurel Elementary?

i drive pass there once a week.

I'm stuck in Arizona. I envy you.

/Oh, to be a kid again

Whar you at in this how do you say , Arizona?

2012-10-13 11:33:17 PM

W.C.fields forever: Whar you at in this how do you say , Arizona?

Outside of Kingman, in a small community where the only entertainment is watching meth trailers explode. I moved here to take care of my mother in her final years. Now I'm lookin' for a way out. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, help ME!

/ :)

2012-10-13 11:50:48 PM

UNAUTHORIZED FINGER: W.C.fields forever: Whar you at in this how do you say , Arizona?

/ :)

I know of this Kingman.It is nearLaughlin.no?
sorry to hear 'bout Mom.

2012-10-14 12:27:04 AM

W.C.fields forever: I know of this Kingman.It is nearLaughlin.no?
sorry to hear 'bout Mom.

Me too. She was a superlative being. harmful to none, and loved and admired by all who met her. The world is a poorer place for her absence. These are not idle words. I appreciate your empathy, as it's still fresh in my heart. However, that's the same Kingman you've heard of. The same goddamn sunset town, where everybody hates blacks but nobody has ever met one.

They hate Mexicans too, but certainly utilize their services. My next-door neighbors are Mexicans and I see them get up at 5am every day, six days a week. I'm only up at that hour because I gotta take a piss. They head out and do productive things daily. I see them return long after the Sun sets.

Seriously, I feel embarrassed every time I meet a black person in this town, because because of their prior treatment, they are always on the defensive, and back on their heels.

I can't wait to move from here.

2012-10-14 12:43:43 AM

you watchjng ALDS bro?

2012-10-14 01:10:49 AM

W.C.fields forever: //GWSuperfan.... sorry I got into this and took the thread in another direction.

No worries- it ups the comment count at least :D

2012-10-14 01:24:04 AM

W.C.fields forever: sorry to hear 'bout Mom.

Thank you for your sympathy. You have no idea how much this means to me. This comment both tickles and stimulates me to elaborate. At her funeral, I met people who I hadn't met in 45 years, but I also met people I had never met before. I loved and admired my mother, but had no idea how much she was loved and admired by people who had been touched by her kindnesses unbeknownst to me.

She had no childhood. She had her first child at 14, while supporting her entire family (Mother, father and five siblings in a GP-medium tent as a waitress as my grandfather had a broken back, and couldn't move) and I was born soon after her 17th birthday. My father was an old school Marine. My mother couldn't work, because he was the man of the house.

When my father died in 1972, she was an uneducated housewife. She immediately took classes in college to get her GED, while providing for us (three children aged 14, 11, and 7) while working graveyard shift for a shiatty restaurant, so she could provide for her dependents. She obtained her degree, and worked the rest of her life, enough to have two pensions to retire upon, but no time to enjoy either. My mother is my hero, and I wish I had her strength, empathy and compassion.

/God bless her
//this is not thread related, but I don't care
///I'm glad you gave me the opportunity
////thanks

2012-10-14 01:27:13 AM

I apologize also. I just had to tell someone. Trust me, what i wrote is the abridged version.

2012-10-14 01:34:51 AM

you watchjng ALDS bro?

Bless your mom. She probably was the sweetest person ever. I know she was to you. Tonight is a night for grief, at least as far as I'm concerned. You are welcome to join me. I live in the desert so I can no longer yell at trees, but I believe that I have killed many a cactus by screaming at it.. I think I'll go harm a few more.

2012-10-14 01:36:36 AM

UNAUTHORIZED FINGER: W.C.fields forever: sorry to hear 'bout Mom.

/God bless her
//this is not thread related, but I don't care
///I'm glad you gave me the opportunity
////thanks

Damn. Rare to hear about that much amount of sacrifice and drive now a days.

2012-10-14 01:47:04 AM

Dadoody: Damn. Rare to hear about that much amount of sacrifice and drive now a days.

Thank you, I wish I could take credit for her. I couldn't cry for her while I took care of her small estate, but I'm crying now. Thank you.

2012-10-14 01:55:59 AM

you watchjng ALDS bro?

Mom suffered for 5 months, but always smiled.The only time she looked mad ,was when you looked sad...Did your Mom just pass away? If so I'm sorry.GET OFF YOUR CACTUS.

2012-10-14 02:08:14 AM

you watchjng ALDS bro?

I lost her in December of last year, and goddamnit it was my fault. I went to a dental appointment and returned to her dying. . Ya know, she'd have told me "GET OFF YOUR CACTCUS!" also, if she was able.

You should know, I have you farkied as "One of the best on FARK". Just sayin'

/bless your mom

2012-10-14 02:18:31 AM

2012-10-14 02:19:49 AM

Ugh clearly I can't read. I blame the booze. Flying Pig it is.

2012-10-14 02:20:16 AM

Saturday will be a bar crawl. I was thinking about starting at the Stone Brewery tasting room, then across the street to the Tremont Street Sports Bar, and then crawling south along Tremont from there.

2012-10-14 02:26:11 AM
Some limited sleeping space will be available at my house. I will have a guest parking pass that someone can use, first come first served.

2012-10-14 02:28:32 AM

GWSuperfan: Supes: Friday AND Saturday?? You guys are getting crazy with your planning. I think I can make it on Saturday, doubtful for Friday. Do we have a location yet?

Sorry GWSuperfan, I didn't mean to hijack your thread. I feel terrible about this. I apologize for bringing about a pity-party. If you want to delete this crap, mention it to the mods. I'll not object. Once again, I apologize.

2012-10-14 02:29:06 AM

UNAUTHORIZED FINGER: W.C.fields forever: UNAUTHORIZED FINGER: W.C.fields forever: When I went thru there I smelled Breaking Bad..My mum was the sweetest person ever.She smiled thru life.She passed away on 4/20 a few years ago..used to be a stoner day ..no longer

you watchjng ALDS bro?

You should know, I have you farkied as "One of the best on FARK". Just sayin'

/bless your mom

Not your fault bro.I said to Mom once 'nobody gets outta here alive" And everytime we were in front of the dreadful coffin she said that to me..Mom got mad if you cried at a funeral.I remember she glared at her sisters when Grandma passed...Bless your Mom ..It's the biggest kick in the stomach of alltime.

2012-10-14 02:34:39 AM

W.C.fields forever: It's the biggest kick in the stomach of alltime.

Boy howdy. And I lost interest in the ALDS when the A's lost to Detroit. However I hope Detroit goes all the way. It would do my heart good.

2012-10-14 02:42:30 AM
Also, GWSuperfan, I'm gonna make every effort to attend at least one of your days. You've put too much effort into this for me not to attend. If I can swing it, I'll be there. Not just for you, but for me.

/fark, times are tough
//I'll do my best

2012-10-14 03:29:29 AM
What did I miss?

2012-10-14 10:57:35 AM
I'll actually be flying in from South Carolina that weekend to visit a friend. I don't have any set plans, so maybe I can convince him to come out.

2012-10-19 08:11:46 PM
I cannot go this time around, too much stuffs goin' on.

Had fun at the bowling thingie though!

2012-10-19 09:33:43 PM

Oh, so you would have come all the way to San Diego, from DC, for a Fark party...but since it's at a place where one of the people here on fark may or may not know [a|the] owner from the destination, you aren't going to. Now I get it.

I sortof went to the first fark party there...err, well, I went a week early on accident. Bartenders were cool, and walking a whole block off the main drag doesn't really phase me much, so oddly enough I didn't think the place was so bad. YMMV, I suppose.

2012-10-19 09:36:16 PM

pedobearapproved: bah, another San Diego Fark party not in San Diego.

yeah, downtown San Diego isn't San Diego - I know what ya mean.

2012-10-19 10:00:10 PM

2012-10-19 10:31:18 PM

Myria: I hope that this isn't a costume party. I'm staying home from Halloween at work, because I don't want to see women in costumes. I get jealous and severely depressed.

Not planning on it being a costume party. It's after Halloween. On the other hand, I won't discourage people from wearing costumes if they want.

2012-10-19 10:33:36 PM

2012-10-19 10:34:59 PM

IamAwake: PoliticalDerp: Still trying to drum up your friends' business at that Flying Pig place huh? Well maybe they should've leased someplace that was not on a residential sidestreet like Tremont, FFS. It sure looks dead usually, so good luck with all that. I guess I'll just go to another Fark party somewhere else that doesn't have some self-serving hidden financial aspect to it. I swear, that's just like f*cking Californians.

I wasn't planning on Friday being a big thing- Friday night is more of a "hang out and chill". People will have the opportunity to stick around for Saturday.

On the subject of things to do on Saturday during the day, there's obviously the beach, there's an Art Museum, the California Surf Museum (to which I have tons of free passes), AND if anyone is interested in historical stuff, they're having an event out at "Heritage Park" which has the town's original schoolhouse, original newspaper building, a jail, boarding house, and other old-timey stuff to check out.

2012-10-19 10:36:26 PM

Hondaman4ever: I work in Tustin so it may be a trip i can make. Gonna need to find a hotel nearby to lay my drunk head when Im done

Let me know your requirements and I may be able to help with that. Motel 6? Comfort Inn? More upscale? (there's a Wyndham downtown)

2012-10-19 11:36:35 PM

2012-10-19 11:48:50 PM

Take the Coaster up, Mud

2012-10-20 01:00:13 AM

GWSuperfan: Mudwhistle62: This is only a couple hours from me...I'm in San Diego right now until about March

Take the Coaster up, Mud

Well goddamnit I just might

2012-10-20 01:05:16 AM
Coaster station in Oceanside is only a couple of blocks from the bars.

2012-10-20 01:20:51 AM

Mother of god....I'm actually gonna meet some of you people

2012-10-20 01:37:59 AM

Mudwhistle62: GWSuperfan: Coaster station in Oceanside is only a couple of blocks from the bars.

Mother of god....I'm actually gonna meet some of you people

WOOHOO!

2012-10-20 01:59:05 AM
Zipsplat, going to be there?

2012-10-20 01:59:40 AM
I'll be at NTC, or thereabouts. It never ends.

2012-10-20 02:03:09 AM

GWSuperfan: pedobearapproved: bah, another San Diego Fark party not in San Diego.

Dude. Coaster.

... gets you there... what gets you home?

2012-10-20 02:03:36 AM
halloween party? in the month of november? super fail.

and people complain about christmas on labor day. haha

2012-10-20 02:04:49 AM

Will the festivities have wound down by then?

2012-10-20 02:05:40 AM

Will the festivities have wound down by then?

Probably not. But I believe Amtrak runs later (and on Sundays, too)

2012-10-20 02:15:59 AM

GWSuperfan: Enigmamf: Last southbound Coaster from Oceanside on Saturdays leaves at 5:15PM; 5:40PM on Friday.

Will the festivities have wound down by then?

Probably not. But I believe Amtrak runs later (and on Sundays, too)

2012-10-20 02:26:11 AM

Enigmamf: Good point: On the 3rd there's a southbound train scheduled for 9:19PM and 11:52PM. That might help many people around those stations, though since I'm in Mira Mesa it's much less convenient than the Coaster.

Or, if people need to drive and crash up here, I have a couple of guest parking passes that can be used.

2012-10-20 02:52:18 AM

2012-10-20 03:04:41 AM
My travel was extended another week but it looks like I need to fly out from LAX at midnight 11/3 morning, 11/2 night.

Always a bridesmaid, never a bride... :(

2012-10-20 03:08:55 AM

The Pig is just round one. I'm planning on people meeting at Stone Brewery to commence the Bar Crawl on Saturday.

2012-10-20 03:28:57 AM

GWSuperfan: Lord of Doucheville: Live in oside and will make my first Fark party! Woohoo! Heard great things about the Flying Pig, so even better. Party on!

2012-10-20 03:39:01 AM

Hit me up when you're gonna be in O-Side. I'll meet you at our tasting room for a beer or two.

/I can crawl there from my house

2012-10-20 03:50:32 AM

GWSuperfan: AverageAmericanGuy: Anyone up for a Stone Brewery tour next weekend 10/27 or 10/28? I've been dying to go.

/I can crawl there from my house

You bet! I'll be in Torrance from this Monday for two weeks, leaving on 11/2 midnight.

Hopefully I'm not swamped on the weekends like my last trip. Either way, I'll email you.

2012-10-20 04:28:20 AM

2012-10-20 06:00:45 AM

Is it carried by anyplace downtown? On Saturday, I was planning on hitting up everything from Stone and Tremont to Haunted Head and Breakwater.

/We're equal-opportunity beer snobs around here.

2012-10-20 06:13:46 AM

GWSuperfan: geeniusatwurk: Too bad Oceanside Ale Works is on the opposite side of Oceanside, that place is my favorite when it comes to beer drinking, and unfortunately it's one of the few local breweries not carried by the Flying Pig (which I love).

/We're equal-opportunity beer snobs around here.

Only one I know for sure is 333 Pacific, which only caries their strong blonde and maybe the IPA. Definitely not the porter and stout that draws me to OAW. Someone should load up a couple growlers and take them to the pub crawl, drink out of someone's trunk at some midpoint between 2 far bars and whatnot. Gotta have regular filling stations and whatnot

2012-10-20 07:44:57 AM

I also live near the Flying Pig and have an extra room with a futon if anyone needs/wants a place to crash.

2012-10-20 10:41:14 AM

2012-10-20 11:19:32 AM

drew46n2: If you thought Solana Beach was a haul from SD, now we're going to Oceanside! Pack a lunch, it's going to be a long drive.

Move out of the sticks, gentlemen. North County is the new downtown.

2012-10-20 07:59:12 PM

Why would you drive? Go to the Coaster station, get a ticket, and sit back and relax.

2012-10-26 11:32:24 PM

2012-10-27 12:09:27 AM

2012-10-27 12:34:50 AM

We could do that on Saturday, sure. Are you thinking of the one at the Harbor?

2012-10-27 01:15:30 AM

We could do that on Saturday, sure. Are you thinking of the one at the Harbor?

I can't do Saturday I am going to the Aztecs game.

2012-10-27 01:21:56 AM

We could do that on Saturday, sure. Are you thinking of the one at the Harbor?

I can't do Saturday I am going to the Aztecs game.

Were you thinking Sunday?

2012-10-27 01:31:30 AM
Hello everyone, my name is EdNortonsTwin, and I'm a farkaholic...

I'd be a fool to not come to this one with me being just the next county north.

Now, to train it or drive it???

Anyone from OC going that may want to share a room? Anyone that doesn't snore that is ???

:-)

2012-10-27 01:31:37 AM

GWSuperfan: titwrench: GWSuperfan: titwrench: Beach Break for brunch? Can't make the crawl but it would be cool to meet some of you guys. Or not, whatever .

We could do that on Saturday, sure. Are you thinking of the one at the Harbor?

I can't do Saturday I am going to the Aztecs game.

Were you thinking Sunday?

If there are some interested stragglers. It could be fun.

2012-10-27 01:33:03 AM

titwrench: If there are some interested stragglers. It could be fun.

I'd be down, and I live here. There may be a few folks left over.

2012-10-27 01:54:43 AM

GWSuperfan: titwrench: If there are some interested stragglers. It could be fun.

I'd be down, and I live here. There may be a few folks left over.

Put it to a vote. I could go for a scramblata.

2012-10-27 10:55:18 AM

2012-10-27 01:49:16 PM

Sorry I can't make it out there. I'm stuck here getting stuff done so I can party next weekend.

2012-10-27 02:10:23 PM

GWSuperfan: AverageAmericanGuy: Will be at Stone Brewery in Escondido at 11 this morning trying to get tour tickets. Come by and say hello if you're in the neighborhood.

No problem. We're the last two who made it into the first tour.

Heading into the dining hall now.

2012-10-27 02:31:22 PM
Oh my god.

Everywhere I look I see beer.

Is this heaven?

2012-10-27 03:32:59 PM

IamAwake: titwrench: Beach Break for brunch? Can't make the crawl but it would be cool to meet some of you guys. Or not, whatever .

you probably won't mean IamAwake because he'll show up on the wrong day.

2012-10-27 03:33:40 PM
/meet

2012-10-27 04:22:22 PM
So little beer served during the tour... Have to make it up at the bar now.

2012-10-27 05:21:31 PM

When you are finished you should take a little side trip to Churchill's. It isn't to far away and they have good beer and food.

2012-10-27 06:39:59 PM

titwrench: AverageAmericanGuy: So little beer served during the tour... Have to make it up at the bar now.

Currently passed out in my car in San Clemente. What a great day!

2012-10-27 08:11:15 PM
I'll be there. supporting @gwsuperfan and tolietaid

my facebook: http://www.facebook.com/thevixy

2012-10-27 08:20:11 PM

Be sure to try all the varieties of the Smoked Porter. Vanilla Bean is my favorite. The Chipotle is a little weird.

2012-10-31 02:57:57 PM

koror: I'm not a normal commenter on FARK but I would like to come to this party. I just moved to Oceanside from Colorado and don't really know anyone in California so it would be nice to meet folks.

If that offer is still open I might take you up on it, I have to be to work in San Marcos in the morning so staying in downtown Oside would make me going to the party feasible.

2012-10-31 03:01:50 PM
Also koror; email me so we can set up a line of communication, L­e­ig­h­to­n­And[nospam-﹫-backwards]li­a­m­g­*co­m

2012-10-31 03:10:25 PM
Can I get a rough count of how many people are gonna be there on Friday? I'l like to give the Pig a heads-up if we're gonna be a big crowd.

2012-10-31 05:49:28 PM
Crud... I just learned about this. I would've taken the train down from LA but my weekend is completely full with other numerous drinking opportunities. Next time for sure (especially if it's close to LA).

2012-11-01 04:28:50 AM
I'd like to come on Friday (chill pre-party sounds better than bar-hopping) but I'm going to the Breeder's cup in Los Angeles on Saturday morning, and I don't think I want to drive back to LA late Friday night and then leave early Saturday morning. However, I may drive down to join you folks on Saturday.

2012-11-01 08:01:47 PM
I intended to join you all, but all 3 of my flights to CA were cancelled.

2012-11-01 08:04:47 PM

Farking Sandy.

2012-11-01 08:07:01 PM

GWSuperfan: NikkiPoooo: I intended to join you all, but all 3 of my flights to CA were cancelled.

Farking Sandy.

Indeed. Now I have to spend my whole 5 day weekend at home.

2012-11-01 08:07:18 PM
I wanted to make it,but work both days ..And long days.

//drink.Have fun..be safe.

2012-11-01 08:09:58 PM

Yeaaaah, you sounds like LOADS of fun.

2012-11-01 08:43:30 PM

VivianVivisect: [sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net image 850x637]

the OC party last weekend

Wait, what?

How did I miss that?

2012-11-01 09:13:35 PM

erewhon: Zipsplat, going to be there?

"Huh, there's a Fark Party down in O-slime. What's going on in the comments..."
:scrollscrollscroll MY NAME:
O.O

No, I won't be there. I'm significantly further north. I haven't lived in the 92055 since 2006.

2012-11-01 10:48:18 PM
Another one in Oside? AND I'm not working this weekend?

That's it, it's a sign. I gotta go to this one. Not sure which night but I'm going.

2012-11-01 11:02:15 PM
Hey, when/where does the Saturday event start?

2012-11-02 03:28:00 AM

Shocktopus: Hey, when/where does the Saturday event start?

7PM. At the Stone Store in Oceanside.

2012-11-02 12:11:38 PM
See everyone at the pig tonight! I'll wear my fez! Hahahahahahahahaha!

2012-11-02 03:35:23 PM

CatGrampy: See everyone at the pig tonight! I'll wear my fez! Hahahahahahahahaha!

WootWoot! I'll be the long-haired dude that looks like the one in my profile pic.

2012-11-02 08:37:49 PM
And apparently now this is also an engagement party!!!

CONGRATS, ToiletAid!

2012-11-02 11:28:47 PM
If you guys make it to the Gaslamp, let me know and I'll try to stop in, but I can't get to Oceanside.

2012-11-03 12:32:59 AM

2012-11-03 02:51:50 AM

CatGrampy: Welp, tomorrow is going to be great fun says I! Nice to meet GWSuperfan and ToiletAid.

Good meeting you too. FYI- I'm updating the thread. Tomorrow the meeting point is Stone Brewery in Oceanside at 7PM. I have at least 6 bars on the list, so it should be a good barcrawl. My FB link in in my profile, if anyone wants to send me a friend request so that they can have my contact info.

bow [TotalFark]
2012-11-03 03:39:50 AM
God, Chris, stop being a Fark party whore.

2012-11-03 03:44:54 AM

bow: God, Chris, stop being a Fark party whore.

Would you rather I just be a whore?

2012-11-03 08:30:58 PM

GWSuperfan: And apparently now this is also an engagement party!!!

CONGRATS, ToiletAid!

thanks!!! nate'll be able to make it tonight too.

cheers grampy, i'll be on the lookout for you and your fez tonight.

2012-11-03 08:32:35 PM

ha, I was at Stone at 11:30. Not by my suggestion of course...could be a fun place if there were someplace to park and it didn't take a bloody hour to get a table. But eh.

2012-11-03 08:34:22 PM

ToiletAid: They all suck. Except for some of them. And, except for the ones that don't. But the rest - suck. With those, you're not missing anything.

you probably won't mean IamAwake because he'll show up on the wrong day.

This may in fact be true. Actually, I thought about going tonight...might still, we'll see. Covered in paint atm, if I can get enough done soon enough to make sense to clean up and head down, then...

2012-11-03 09:43:22 PM
What's the second bar in case I miss you at Stone?

2012-11-03 09:44:44 PM

Shocktopus: What's the second bar in case I miss you at Stone?

Second bar will be Tremont Street sports bar- right across the street from Stone.

2012-11-03 09:45:23 PM
Headed down now. I'm the dude with long hair wearing a suit and flip-flops

2012-11-03 09:52:41 PM
You all be safe and have fun.

2012-11-03 09:56:18 PM

If I didn't know better, I'd say your sounded like some sort of hipster. :)

Wish I could have made it to this one, but my work schedule didn't quite allow for it this week. Later on tonight I'll read this thread and do a shot of whiskey or something.

2012-11-03 09:57:45 PM

cyberspacedout: GWSuperfan: Headed down now. I'm the dude with long hair wearing a suit and flip-flops

If I didn't know better, I'd say your sounded like some sort of hipster. :)

I am already 6 beers and 3 shots in. Go Ducks!!!