Host: Benevolent Misanthrope
Description: ROGUE NATION Seattle and Western Washington Fark Party - Rogue Issaquah Brewhouse, September 22, 7:00. Come for the beer, stay for the Farked up drunks
Date/Time: September 22, 2012 - 07:00 PM (local time)
Party Info: Your hosts Tawnos and Benevolent Misanthrope invite you for an evening of revelry and merriment at the Rogue Issaquah Brewhouse!

36 beers on tap, and very fine beers they are too.

Rogue Issaquah Brewhouse
35 W. Sunset Way
Issaquah, WA 98027
425-557-1911

7:00 - 10:00 PM, or whenever they throw our Farkin' asses out.

1724 clicks; posted to Main » on 22 Sep 2012 at 5:57 PM (1 year ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

First | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | » | Last | Show all

2012-08-22 09:11:37 PM
hey that's on my birthday!

which one of you cheap bastards might buy me a drink?

2012-08-22 09:15:24 PM

We need to have one in Portland though.

I'd love to see one in Portland. What does it take to get one together? Do we just need a bar or what? Any rules on 21+/strip clubs/etc I should be aware of?

I don't know if I could run it myself, but I can help get a bar I bet.

Something like a fark party at a theater pub like The Mission might be fun, particularly given some of the events they run.

2012-08-22 09:29:38 PM
I just may make this.

2012-08-22 09:32:22 PM
It's entirely possible that I'll be in town that weekend. Depends on work. Might be nice to see the faces behind the local FARK.

/Then again, it might not.
//Beer will help
///Or any of the fine local whiskey (of which Rogue is sadly not one. Their Dead Guy Whiskey is an experience I'd like to forget)

2012-08-22 09:43:13 PM

We need to have one in Portland though.

I don't know if I could run it myself, but I can help get a bar I bet.

I was at the Mission when they first opened, largely pregnant with my daughter. They showed old films in those days. Alfred Hitchcock FTW.
McMenamins would be happy to help put together a party. Kennedey School might be a better choice.

2012-08-22 09:43:24 PM

We need to have one in Portland though.

I don't know if I could run it myself, but I can help get a bar I bet.

If we do though could it please please PLEASE not be at a McMenamins. They are awful bars and the staff is so unpleasant. The company treats their staff like shiat and it really filters down to the customer level. They have some awesome locations but i hate going inside. Every farking travel guide is all "derp derp derp, McMenamins is teh kewl" so whenever someone visits us they alwasy ask to go to one and I have to pop their bubble. That said, I'm not sure where to have it though, Horse Brass or something? Maybe The Alabi on Interstate? Drunken Farker karaoke might be fun. Farker Sinferno at Dante's would be cool but I don't know how the turnout on a Sunday night would be.

/PDX Fark party, let's do this!

2012-08-22 10:05:00 PM
Barbie Dream Hearse: I can either bring the hearse or get really plowed.

So I'm trying to finger out if I'm sleeping in my car that night when I see this post. I can sleep the sleep of the dead.

2012-08-22 10:26:31 PM

We need to have one in Portland though.

I don't know if I could run it myself, but I can help get a bar I bet.

/PDX Fark party, let's do this!

Love the Alibi and several other places in PDX.

2012-08-22 10:30:15 PM
5 days after I leave!? You guys suck so much!

2012-08-22 10:31:30 PM

2012-08-22 10:32:27 PM

ace in your face: 5 days after I leave!? You guys suck so much!

I'm going to be out of town as well, unfortunately. Anyone interested in an impromptu beer night there next week?

2012-08-22 10:46:28 PM
Issaquah... I'd have to sleep in the van.

/don't tase me IPD.

2012-08-22 11:16:56 PM

AbbeySomeone: detroitdoesntsuckthatbad: Tickle Mittens: davidphogan: platedlizard: I want to go, but I can't promise anything because we (me and Dad) have to finish remodeling a house before Sept. 30th.

We need to have one in Portland though.

I don't know if I could run it myself, but I can help get a bar I bet.

/PDX Fark party, let's do this!

Love the Alibi and several other places in PDX.

I agree about McMenamins. I know bar owners in NW and SW, but those are a little far from transit. The Alibi is sometimes amusing, or there's always Grand Central.

Or we could do a Sellwood deal starting or ending with a Rose City Rollers bout.

2012-08-23 12:03:59 AM

hghkytduyfh: I'm in. I'll even put up with Issaquah traffic! Been meaning to check out the Rogue alehouse.

Which begs the question:

Why isn't the Rogue Alehouse in Seattle?

/oh me.jpg

2012-08-23 12:07:25 AM

AbbeySomeone: McMenamins got a bit too big for their britches; as I mentioned upthread I was there at the inception. It hasn't always been that way.
Love the Alibi and several other places in PDX.

That's sad to hear. It's been some years since I've been back to Portland after the people I knew there moved away.

2012-08-23 12:14:03 AM

buttery_shame_cave: hey that's on my birthday!

which one of you cheap bastards might buy me a drink?

Just for your Fark name alone, you deserve drinks. I've been laughing for the past five minutes.

/still laughing
/hee

2012-08-23 12:27:46 AM

whidbey: Wow...Issaquah...I've heard tell of these places across the Sound...

BOOOOOOOO

2012-08-26 02:04:12 PM

AverageAmericanGuy: ace in your face: 5 days after I leave!? You guys suck so much!

Maybe having a few tonight. At the brew house, I mean.

2012-08-30 06:46:04 PM

buttery_shame_cave: which one of you cheap bastards might buy me a drink?

Yo.

I'm a beer-buying bastard, as people at the Seattle Fark Party found out.

You can't just drink great beer alone.

/Well, you can, but it's more fun to share.
//Usually

2012-08-30 08:36:16 PM
Going to be there tonight. If you see a group of Japanese out-of-towners there, come by and say hi.

2012-08-31 01:48:17 AM
The nano iron rye leaves a lot to be desired. Too much vanilla.

2012-08-31 08:15:48 PM

2012-08-31 08:34:18 PM

seatown75: Interesting. I'm in Seattle (ballard) and according to google maps, issaquah is a full hour drive away. Not that close...

Ballard is pretty inconveniently located.

That said, I'll be there lifting a pint or two this evening.

2012-09-01 02:01:56 AM
Enjoyed watching some middle aged dude get shot down by a group of cackling cougars this evening.

Sad I can't make the party in September. Maybe next year.

2012-09-01 02:03:27 PM
Tawnos:

Please message me. Eip

2012-09-01 10:50:42 PM

AverageAmericanGuy: Tawnos:

Please message me. Eip

I tried this morning, but no response thus far, check your spam folder? Or just email my fark username at gmail.com

2012-09-01 11:03:11 PM

Tawnos: AverageAmericanGuy: Tawnos:

Please message me. Eip

YHBTM

2012-09-08 05:49:13 PM

2012-09-08 08:08:51 PM

NoseBrain: Dude. Issaquah?

We can carpool. Its like 20 minutes from my house. Which is like 18 minutes from (I'm guessing) your house.

2012-09-08 08:12:11 PM

Tawnos: AverageAmericanGuy: Tawnos: hikerrob: bring a designated driver. the local judge( ottinger) is batshiat insane and she hates alcohol.she gave a 19 year old a year in jail for first time minor in possession.ive dealt with her before belive me you dont want to.

Take a bike or public transit if you can. I'm biking... It's an easy downhill from the Sammamish plateau. But dammit that ride home is tough.

Does riding a bike count as impaired driving?

2012-09-08 08:16:08 PM

NaughtyFlo: Ooooh. I may try to drive up from Olympia for this. I'll have to get a hotel and cabiatcheapest hotel I found was $66 and was about 2 miles away. It's not all that special, but I just need a place to sleep it off...

Dooo eet! Good hikes in the area if you're not too hung over in the morning...

2012-09-08 08:19:06 PM
ugh, that's too far for me to drive to from West Seattle if I'm going to be drinking with Farkers.

2012-09-08 09:06:53 PM
CSB time!

I'm from Newport, where Rogue is made.
(If there are any Farkers also from the Noops, I probably know you.)

When I lived there me and my buddies used to frequent the Bayfront Brewery and on one particular weeknight when we were all getting properly faded John, the then owner of Rogue Ales, was sitting with us at the bar and remarked:

"You guys are all local kids, right?"

"Yeah."

"Why don't you have any Rogue gear on?"

"..."

"Okay, go over to the merch corner and pick out whatever you want."

To this very day I still have the green Rogue hoodie with the original logo on it from that night.

/Hazelnut Brown Nectar, FTW
//Chocolate Stout, close 2nd
///"CSB" stands for "Coastal Story, Brah"

2012-09-08 09:48:36 PM

Chiad: Actually it does, I have a friend who got a DUI for riding his bike home from the bar.

In Washington? Bullshiat. Read the law.

2012-09-09 12:58:53 AM

iamrex: NoseBrain: Dude. Issaquah?

Oh, Rexy.

2012-09-09 01:54:05 AM

2012-09-09 02:29:02 AM

We need to have one in Portland though.

I'd go to a Portland one. I've been a Farker since 2006 and it's yet to leave the realm of magic for me.

2012-09-09 04:07:43 AM
[But.It's.In.Issaquah!!.png]

Have fun, y'all.

2012-09-15 08:28:23 PM

highwayrun: platedlizard: I want to go, but I can't promise anything because we (me and Dad) have to finish remodeling a house before Sept. 30th.

We need to have one in Portland though.

Oct 6.

2012-09-15 08:34:35 PM

TheGhostofFarkPast: Is rogue still having labor disputes with their staff because they refuse to pay far wages?

media1.break.com
no way, man. the wages are like, far OUT, man!

2012-09-21 08:48:00 PM

2012-09-21 09:19:08 PM
since there's two threads

uhhhhhhhh you can't drive home drunk from Issaquah, it's in BFE

2012-09-21 10:00:56 PM

/as would a damn job for someone with a computer science degree from ASU

2012-09-21 10:31:02 PM
Don't fergit the bear hunt afterwards up in the hills. Be sure to bring bells and pepper spray.

/Ocean Shores is the REAL western Washington

2012-09-21 10:38:34 PM

Maximum Snark: As a farker who recently moved to Washington from Phoenix, how far is the Seattle party from anacortes where I live? I've never been to one and as a recent college grad who can't find a job to save his life I'm going stir crazy and need to get out. What kinda shenanigans happens? I am nor generally a poster and do more lurking then anything else. Veterans of these this gs input would be nice.

/as would a damn job for someone with a computer science degree from ASU

Anacortes to Issaquah? Here's a map:

i759.photobucket.com

With a degree in computer science, it's surprising you haven't been snapped up by the tech corridor on the Eastside.

2012-09-21 11:07:02 PM
i won't make it - i'll be at the sounders match

2012-09-21 11:09:45 PM

NeoMort: I'm all for a Seattle fark party, but why issaquah??? and if Issaquah, why not at Issaquah brewery? My buddy and a fellow farker is a beer rep there and I'm sure would have set us up good!

It is at the Issaquah brewhouse, which is affiliated with Rogue. Get your buddy to help out and show up!

2012-09-21 11:20:48 PM

Miss Stein: Anacortes to Issaquah? Here's a map:

*snert*

2012-09-22 01:01:55 PM

There was just one in Capitol Hill a couple of months ago.

2012-09-22 02:05:52 PM
One of these years I'm going to actually make it to a Seattle fark party. Sadly, today is not that day.

First | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | » | Last | Show all