Host: Benevolent Misanthrope
Description: ROGUE NATION Seattle and Western Washington Fark Party - Rogue Issaquah Brewhouse, September 22, 7:00. Come for the beer, stay for the Farked up drunks
Date/Time: September 22, 2012 - 07:00 PM (local time)
Party Info: Your hosts Tawnos and Benevolent Misanthrope invite you for an evening of revelry and merriment at the Rogue Issaquah Brewhouse!

36 beers on tap, and very fine beers they are too.

Rogue Issaquah Brewhouse
35 W. Sunset Way
Issaquah, WA 98027
425-557-1911

7:00 - 10:00 PM, or whenever they throw our Farkin' asses out.

1720 clicks; posted to Main » on 22 Sep 2012 at 5:57 PM (1 year ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

First | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | » | Last | Show all

2012-08-17 08:04:37 PM

Benevolent Misanthrope: Gordian Cipher: A local Fark party in a brewery?! Hell yes, I'm in. And maybe I'll finally get to meet some of the Seattle Farkers I have farkied as "local."

/in gray, naturally

<voice="mrburns"> Eeeeeeexcellent...</voice>

And...now I realize the funny button is gone.

Clearly facebook has Pavlov'd me into needing to click a button to show my reaction to things I read online.

/the first step is admitting you have a problem

2012-08-17 08:09:43 PM

snitramc: Issaquah isn't really western Washington. Now Sequim. That's the beginning of real western Washington.

Yes, we're more like...eastern Western Washington.

/geography nomenclature up here is weird.

2012-08-17 08:19:11 PM
Line up the Stouts, and tell them to keep the deep fryers hot.

I can always say I have to go to the "Library".

2012-08-17 08:20:24 PM
Now this may be something I attend!

2012-08-17 08:33:26 PM
I... may come to this.

This is practically in my backyard.

(if you can call a half hour drive "back yard", which out here in the mountains, yeah, kind of works...)

2012-08-17 08:42:16 PM

2012-08-17 08:45:30 PM
Hmm. A Fark Party that's a 20 drive from the house? What could possibly go right?

I shall pencil you in in between negotiating world peace with the UN and the bj from that adorable midget whom I just met.

/not serious about the world peace
//nor the midget
///maybe

IP
2012-08-17 08:52:23 PM
Nope. Total sausage-fest.

/I hate you all.
//Not really. Have fun.

2012-08-17 08:59:14 PM

Palmer Eldritch: I was at the Seattle party, but I can't make this one, as the drive from Tampa would be a bit too long. You guys have fun without me, and (this is the important part) post pictures of AverageAmericanGuy. I was looking for him at the Seattle party, but he didn't show... I need proof that he's a real person and not an alt.

Unfortunately, as I mentioned above, I can't make it.

Next time in Tokyo?

I feel a bit like this guy

Link

2012-08-17 08:59:44 PM

Not everyone wants to hunt whales for lamp oil and fight indians, kemosabe.

2012-08-17 09:13:23 PM

HeWhoHasNoName: I... may come to this.

This is practically in my backyard.

I may join you... ;)

2012-08-17 09:34:46 PM
Do they serve Heineken?
www.fuckfrance.com

2012-08-17 09:53:01 PM

funkyfreshfarker: Do they serve Heineken?
[www.farkfrance.com image 311x400]

You shut up! YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH RIGHT NOW!

2012-08-17 10:09:00 PM
Call ahead and see if Rouge will do a garage sale that day. Its always nice to pick up a few cases on the cheap.

2012-08-17 10:58:17 PM

spentmiles: As a proud graduate of Issaquah Middle School, I wish I could make this one. Will trade sex for airfare.

It would beat the drivel on your blog. But if you are willing to pull my "red lever", we might make a deal.

davidphogan: Benevolent Misanthrope: davidphogan: Damnit. I saw Seattle and was thinking about taking the train up... Then I saw Issaquah. Nevermind.

Don't be such a snob. It's a brewery. A good brewery - good enough to be Rogue, dammit. I'm sure you could find a carpool.

I'm kind of torn. I'm still thinking about it, but between the train and a hotel it's sounding a bit pricey, but if I can avoid cab fares maybe I could make it happen...

I probably should, I don't think I've left Portland's city limits since about May.

2012-08-17 11:04:43 PM
SFBC!

ezs
2012-08-17 11:11:53 PM
Ah shiat - this is my local.

ezs
2012-08-17 11:13:04 PM

Tickle Mittens: If I'm going to go all the way out there, I'm going up to Sherm's BBQ to eat until I poop fire.

Stans BBQ is close - it's good and serves beer.

2012-08-17 11:17:43 PM
It'll be my first time. Be gentle.

2012-08-17 11:21:26 PM

Poison: It'll be my first time. Be gentle.

Prepare yourself for an evening of geeky humor and light manhandling.

2012-08-17 11:39:50 PM

Will the buses be running to/from there on a Saturday night? Or will they get you out there and is there a Motel 6 or something cheap to stay the night out there?

It's nothing against Issaquah, it's just that as someone from out of town it seems like a pain in the ass place to get to/from.

/mixed up Issaquah and Snoqualmie on the map earlier, I guess it's not that far out.

ezs
2012-08-17 11:43:09 PM

Last bus back to big town Seattle is at about 10.30.

SoundTransit 554

2012-08-17 11:44:40 PM

ezs: davidphogan: Slam1263: Take the train, get off train, walk across street to King St Station, hop on the 554. Ask the driver to let you off at the brewery, if the bus still goes through town.

Last bus back to big town Seattle is at about 10.30.

SoundTransit 554

Damn, you just beat me. Was about to suggest that for seattle farkers. The bus practiclaly drops off and picks up at the brewery.

2012-08-18 12:06:25 AM

2012-08-18 01:01:12 AM
I'll probably make it.

2012-08-18 01:11:51 AM

Take a bike or public transit if you can. I'm biking... It's an easy downhill from the Sammamish plateau. But dammit that ride home is tough.

2012-08-18 01:46:20 AM
Don't know if I can make this but it'd be nice to meet some folks.

Has anyone ever thought of, like, making a google group for all the Seattle farkers? For, like, coordinating things? That'd be great.

2012-08-18 01:52:24 AM

Does riding a bike count as impaired driving?

2012-08-18 02:07:06 AM

Does riding a bike count as impaired driving?

2012-08-18 02:15:32 AM
Nor does WA have a drunk in public law. In fact, the intoxicated pedestrian RCW is similar to that of the cyclists. Laws that make sense? Awesome.

2012-08-18 02:26:07 AM
Ooooh.. I think I am going to have to drive up from Portland.

2012-08-18 02:26:52 AM

Tawnos: AverageAmericanGuy: Tawnos: hikerrob: bring a designated driver. the local judge( ottinger) is batshiat insane and she hates alcohol.she gave a 19 year old a year in jail for first time minor in possession.ive dealt with her before belive me you dont want to.

Does riding a bike count as impaired driving?

Wow.

2012-08-18 03:00:27 AM
I might drop by if I manage to make it up there. In the interim, however, I lost the email contacts of those at the previous Fark Party in Seattle.

I suck at keeping track of shiat.

2012-08-18 03:04:35 AM

Not to mention the police station is like, two blocks from the brewery and if you're dumb enough to drive drunk in old town Issy you probably get whatever you deserve.

I do love me some Rogue as an Oregon transplant, so hmm. Not like driving from Bellevue is really that far.

2012-08-18 11:47:36 AM
www.rogue.com

/mmmm best beer ever.

2012-08-19 12:43:30 AM

2012-08-19 01:40:29 PM

Is that not the LOUDEST eating establishment you have ever been in? I think Jak's pumps in noise for some reason. It's worse than Maggiano's at Lincoln center.

Great food though.

2012-08-20 02:58:27 AM
Hell... I think I'll try to make it. It's like pulling teeth to get a weekend off, but this sounds like it could be fun.

2012-08-20 01:30:20 PM

Slam1263: AverageAmericanGuy: Just scoped out the place from across the street at Jak's Grill. Everything looks great!

Great food though.

Funny, that's what one of the people I was having dinner with mentioned as well. I don't have deep recollections of the place from 12 years ago when I first started going there, but so much else about the restaurant has changed, I can totally believe they amped up the music to make their bar more attractive.

Also, prices are much higher than they were a decade ago. I guess they realized the food was as good or better than Daniel's in Bellevue and priced accordingly.

The cowboy ribeye was delicious. Calamari too, but a bit too skimpy, if you ask me.

2012-08-22 08:01:48 PM
maybe i should actually come ot this one.. not just think about it like the last. it'll help for some of you to meet me in person and realize i come off as a much larger asshole in text than i really am :P

Barbie Dream Hearse: I can either bring the hearse or get really plowed.

Decisions, decisions.

it took me a second to realize your meant "Get drunk" ... not something else

2012-08-22 08:05:10 PM
Have the authorities been notified?

2012-08-22 08:06:57 PM

Porous Horace: Why is it red?

See a doctor.

2012-08-22 08:07:20 PM
I used to live in Texas, but I live in Seattle now.

It's nice to live somewhere where the beer isn't shiatty.

2012-08-22 08:13:57 PM
Wow...Issaquah...I've heard tell of these places across the Sound...

2012-08-22 08:14:01 PM

IntertubeUser: I used to live in Texas, but I live in Seattle now.

It's nice to live somewhere where the beer isn't shiatty.

Truth

2012-08-22 08:29:47 PM
Screw the eastside

2012-08-22 08:34:36 PM
Damn! I have to work that night.

2012-08-22 08:39:29 PM

We need to have one in Portland though.

2012-08-22 09:02:50 PM
I'll be over here crying in my beer. The Issaquah Brewhouse in just one of the many things I miss from when I lived there. And their food is good enough that even my kids loved going there where they could take in the sights and aromas etched by many decades of beer swilling and spilling.

2012-08-22 09:07:55 PM

platedlizard: I want to go, but I can't promise anything because we (me and Dad) have to finish remodeling a house before Sept. 30th.

We need to have one in Portland though.

I'd love to see one in Portland. What does it take to get one together? Do we just need a bar or what? Any rules on 21+/strip clubs/etc I should be aware of?

I don't know if I could run it myself, but I can help get a bar I bet.

First | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | » | Last | Show all