Host: Badger
Description: Charlotte Fark Party II: Now with flavor
Date/Time: September 22, 2012 - 07:00 PM (local time)
Party Info: Fark Party Charlotte II

We have reserved the back room of The Flying Saucer 9605 N. Tryon St. Suite A for Saturday, September 22, 2012.

Over 200 beers on tap! Link to venue:

There are 7 rooms reserved for us under a dummy account at the University Hilton. We have 3 rooms with king beds and 4 rooms with double beds, at the cost of $119 per night. Reservations are for Friday, September 21st through Sunday, September 23. If you wish to claim one of these rooms as your own, please send me a private message. Link to hotel:

http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/north-carolina/hilton-charlotte-univ e rsity-place-CLTHUHF/index.html

If we have enough people interested in getting together Friday night, the conference room on the ground floor can be reserved beginning at 8pm. The ground floor conference room gives us access to the hotel bar. If there is enough interest, we're up for organizing a game of trivia or maybe Cards Against Humanity? Y'all are gonna have to speak up if you want to do this so I can reserve the conference room and get together some games or whatever. Maybe a table for poker and one for Cards Against Humanity?

2392 clicks; posted to Main » on 22 Sep 2012 at 5:57 PM (1 year ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

2012-07-25 07:30:13 AM
Tastes like bacon.

2012-07-25 07:35:28 AM
Sorry, I'm not driving all the way from Raleigh. Have fun though.

2012-07-25 07:46:52 AM

gspazg: Tastes like bacon.

Ass bacon

2012-07-25 07:47:53 AM

MIAppologia: Sorry, I'm not driving all the way from Raleigh. Have fun though.

Too many ravines between the two?

2012-07-25 07:54:06 AM

Have fun, y'all. You have my pity about being stuck in Charlotte.

2012-07-25 07:56:23 AM

hurdboy: Free Cam Newton appetizers on the table out front, courtesy Greggggggggg Williams.

Have fun, y'all. You have my pity about being stuck in Charlotte.

If Gregg Williams is paying there should be a bounty of food

2012-07-25 08:00:44 AM

Ceteris Paribus says: If Gregg Williams is paying there should be a bounty of food

And plenty of tasty, tasty St. Louis special beer -- Busch Light.

2012-07-25 08:11:41 AM
\m/

i223.photobucket.com

/anybody want to go fishing with me?

2012-07-25 08:21:46 AM

Ceteris Paribus says: MIAppologia: Sorry, I'm not driving all the way from Raleigh. Have fun though.

Too many ravines between the two?

Only the ones that I've caused. :P

2012-07-25 08:53:19 AM
I'm tempted to try to make this one.

2012-07-25 09:16:19 AM
I said I'll be there! Gosh, get off my back already.

2012-07-25 09:17:54 AM

Prophetica Insipia: /anybody want to go fishing with me?

I need to haul my butt across the street and go fishing with you sometime.

the_rev: I'm tempted to try to make this one.

Do it. At least three train-wrecks worth of Farkers will be there.

2012-07-25 09:20:59 AM

2012-07-25 09:22:43 AM
THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!! Finally in my part of the world.

Whitewater center is pretty badass. Discovery place is pretty cool. Nascar hall of fame is lame even for nascar fans. Richard Petty Driving experience is awesome even for non-nascar fans.

2012-07-25 09:25:15 AM

National White Water Center.

2012-07-25 09:28:51 AM
A Fark Party in Charlotte? I may have to be there.

gambitsgirl: ManRay: Is there anything worth doing in Charlotte aside from a Fark Party? I need to know before I drive 4 hours up 85.

National White Water Center.

I'll have to agree. I was just there yesterday.

2012-07-25 09:41:35 AM

Sadly, not much. But the good news is; you have a better chance of not getting shot then you do by staying in Atlanta.

2012-07-25 09:44:40 AM

MIAppologia: Sorry, I'm not driving all the way from Raleigh. Have fun though.

I'm having the same reservation against it, but perhaps carpooling might sway us one way or the other?

2012-07-25 09:45:53 AM
we can blackjack, and hookers

actually, forget the blackjack

ah, forget the whole thing

2012-07-25 09:58:19 AM

National White Water Center.

Oh yea. I have heard good things about that. I guess I thought it was in the mountains and not near Charlotte.

You might have a point. I was across the street from some gunfire just a few weekends ago. I wasn't the one being shot at, but I was one of the ones running away.

2012-07-25 10:06:47 AM
I'm somewhat tempted to make the trip from Raleigh... we shall see what's happnin' at work.

2012-07-25 10:26:38 AM
Ooo! I'm excited to meet some fellow Charlotte Farkers. Can't wait!

2012-07-25 10:35:13 AM

Although, I hope I won't be the only farker in that little town, maybe we can have our own party, with hookers and blackjack

/Who am I kidding?
//All fark parties have hookers and blackjack

2012-07-25 10:52:26 AM
My wife an I will probably pop in.

As far as things to do, I'm pretty sure Carowinds has a Scarowinds night set up for the 22nd. I haven't been to a Scarowinds event yet, but I heard they're fun.

Oh, one further note, it's possible that Carowinds will set up a "Bonus Week" that overlaps with the party timeframe. If that's the case, I could probably be persuaded to get somewhere between 5 and 7 farkers in for $20 each, riding off of the familial season tickets. They haven't announced the dates of the September Bonus Week yet though, so I'm not certain.

/since getting bought by the Cedar Point people, Carowinds is quite enjoyable
//pretty good rollercoasters, quite short lines.

2012-07-25 11:12:30 AM
I'm in.

2012-07-25 11:52:46 AM
Sweet, this is like 8 miles from my house. Will be an interesting night indeed!

2012-07-25 11:54:04 AM
Fark party 5 minutes from my house? Dunno if its worth the drive.

But seriously, I'm gonna try to get to the Saucer. Could also guide people to some cool eats around as well.

2012-07-25 11:55:44 AM

The Landmark! Duckworths and Mac's and McCoys if they want to drive across town. Carpe Diem if they are rich :p

2012-07-25 12:09:59 PM
w00t w00t

2012-07-25 12:11:37 PM

Nemnoch: CrossEyedAtNite: Fark party 5 minutes from my house? Dunno if its worth the drive.

Open Kitchen

2012-07-25 12:13:02 PM

neomunk: My wife an I will probably pop in.

/since getting bought by the Cedar Point people, Carowinds is quite enjoyable
//pretty good rollercoasters, quite short lines.

I always forget about Carowinds. Very good idea.

2012-07-25 12:28:43 PM

gambitsgirl: neomunk: My wife an I will probably pop in.

/since getting bought by the Cedar Point people, Carowinds is quite enjoyable
//pretty good rollercoasters, quite short lines.

I always forget about Carowinds. Very good idea.

Holy crap, I'm going to be dragged there at some point, for they've got my wife's favorite ride of all time -- formerly the Flying Eagles at Kings Island, moved to Carowinds as the Woodstock Gliders. She was pissed when they removed it from Kings Island

2012-07-25 12:58:59 PM
Yup, yup, yup!

2012-07-25 01:33:15 PM
C'mon and sign up for Friday night, y'all. I'll host the trivia, which ensures the questions will be ... interesting.

2012-07-25 03:04:17 PM

Donnchadha: So I'm moving into the "area" -- it'd only be an hour and a half drive to Charlotte...

/Who am I kidding?
//All fark parties have hookers and blackjack

Amsterdam Fark Parties have legal weed and hookers.
}next one Sept.. 29

2012-07-25 03:07:41 PM
As someone who lives about ten minutes from the Flying Saucer, I can confirm it's a good venue; busy on weekends, friendly during the week. Should be fun for y'all.

2012-07-25 03:54:16 PM

Wingchild: As someone who lives about ten minutes from the Flying Saucer, I can confirm it's a good venue

That's one of the reasons I am tempted to go. I love the original Flying Saucer in Fort Worth. And I need to get a few more notches on my UFO Club belt.

2012-07-25 06:56:36 PM

2012-07-25 06:59:19 PM
I am SO there!

2012-07-25 07:01:20 PM

casey.lurvs.bacon: Guys, last year was a flat damn blast. I can't wait to do it again, I can't wait to see some of you guys again, and to meet new people. I will bring my boobs and that means fun. Plus, ass bacon.

... and a spork in your purse.

2012-07-25 07:22:40 PM
I shall be there.

2012-07-25 07:51:02 PM
I'm actually thinking about trying to make this. Need airfare to drop below $500 dammit.

2012-07-25 08:16:03 PM
hell, i've always wanted to do it in the back room of a flying saucer ...

2012-07-25 08:47:06 PM

written by someone who's not at all familiar with the University City area of Charlotte.. how many UNCC students are raped and robbed every year? I'd feel safer in midtown Atlanta than I would that part of Charlotte.

2012-07-25 09:08:54 PM

Grunt2006: Abe Vigoda's Ghost: ManRay: Is there anything worth doing in Charlotte aside from a Fark Party? I need to know before I drive 4 hours up 85.

I live in the greater Charlotte area (plan on going to the party), although the UNCC area has had it's share of problems, I think you may be overstating your position.

2012-07-25 10:51:33 PM
Just moved to Charlotte last year. Love the Saucer, and 9/22 happens to be my birthday. I may have to consider going.

2012-07-26 12:22:38 AM
I'll be there. Though if anyone from the "Farkette's friend was attacked..." thread shows up, I may have to go into hiding. I think I've managed to antagonize people of both points of view on that on, apparently because I don't come out and agree 100% with either of them.

2012-07-26 12:55:01 AM
Sounds like fun, less than an hour away! Where you going to fish? Lake Wylie or Norman?

2012-07-26 03:17:16 AM
you know what, for 10 years now i have been lurking and missing these things.

i am gonna make this one.

2012-07-26 08:43:10 AM
I may have to come around for this one, it's not a bad drive at all...

2012-07-26 01:57:50 PM
This just in: I will at some point cause to appear a tray of Triple-Chocolate Brownies with Cassis.

You have been warned.

2012-08-07 01:29:44 PM
One more "not sure if feel like driving down from Raleigh".

2012-08-08 10:03:39 AM
You guys gotta stop being giant gaping vaginas and drive for gawd's sake. I'd drive to Raleigh if you wusses were gonna have a party there. It's fun. It's something to do. New people to meet. Experiences to have.

Or you know, you could just sit around and wait for all the photos of people having wonderful awesome fun times and then regret not going.

Wieners.

2012-08-08 03:06:06 PM
I'm driving from Kentucky, after all.

Even if I don't really know what flavor a Charlotte party has.

(Well, ok last year it was "bourbon")

2012-08-08 07:16:15 PM

Mike: I'm driving from Kentucky, after all.

Even if I don't really know what flavor a Charlotte party has.

(Well, ok last year it was "bourbon")

I might have to go just to say that I've met you at two different fark parties (different cities, that is)... especially if you have no idea who the fark I am

2012-08-22 12:22:18 PM
FARK PARTY FARK PARTY FARK PARTY FARK PARTY BOOOOOYAH

Only a month away! WOOOT

2012-08-22 08:08:30 PM
I'm scared for my ass bacon. Because I'm rooming with casey.lurves.bacon.

2012-08-22 08:12:55 PM
I live uptown, biatches. Which bar should I walk to?

2012-08-22 08:16:10 PM

Mike: w00t w00t

What, YOU'RE going? Does this mean I have to show up? Christ.

2012-08-22 08:17:41 PM

MIAppologia: Mike: w00t w00t

What, YOU'RE going? Does this mean I have to show up? Christ.

If you go I'll pee myself.

Pee.

Myself.

2012-08-22 08:18:09 PM
I am there.

2012-08-22 08:20:08 PM

ToxicMunkee: If you go I'll pee myself.

Pee.

Myself.

STOP MAKING IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO SAY NO, GODDAMMIT

Great. Now I'll need to get a bucket too.

2012-08-22 08:21:52 PM

MIAppologia: ToxicMunkee: If you go I'll pee myself.

Pee.

Myself.

STOP MAKING IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO SAY NO, GODDAMMIT

Great. Now I'll need to get a bucket too.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahhaa!

2012-08-22 08:36:49 PM
On occasion, I have reason to go to Fort Mill, SC. I wonder if I might steer things in that direction.

Hmmmmm.

hurdboy: Have fun, y'all. You have my pity about being stuck in Charlotte.

Charlotte is a very nice place.  It's a pretty city full of friendly people.

2012-08-22 08:50:39 PM
At first I read this as Chat Roulette Fark Party

2012-08-22 09:06:12 PM

MIAppologia: ToxicMunkee: If you go I'll pee myself.

Pee.

Myself.

STOP MAKING IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO SAY NO, GODDAMMIT

Great. Now I'll need to get a bucket too.

Let's do this. I'm up for it if you are.

2012-08-22 09:13:44 PM

megalynn44: At first I read this as Chat Roulette Fark Party

So, kind of like a normal Fark Party?

2012-08-22 09:44:12 PM
I will be there. Prepare yourself.

2012-08-22 09:56:26 PM
I haven't been over to the Flying Saucer in a while.. Might be fun. My first Fark Party too.

2012-08-22 09:57:48 PM
Moved to chapel hill from Portland Oregon. Still haven't hit a fark party but grad school is kicking my ass too much to go.

2012-08-22 09:58:23 PM

Prophetica Insipia: \m/

/anybody want to go fishing with me?

Booooooooo

2012-08-22 10:36:23 PM
Damn I want to drive all the way from Raleigh....hm wait, I have rehearsal at Halau in Fayetteville that morning, maybe I'll drive from there

2012-08-22 11:17:49 PM
It's a small possibility that Rafterman and I will make the trek. SMALL. But if so, we'll let y'all know, since he'll be up in the area at the time.

OGC
2012-08-23 01:44:57 AM
In. Working on my fourth plate.

2012-08-23 09:47:41 AM
finally a fark party in my home town. one month after i ship out.

/good
//god
///dammit

2012-08-23 11:45:17 AM
I might get to meet my Farking neighbors, if I get off my lazy ass and show up, and if my aging brain remembers the date.

2012-08-23 01:38:18 PM
Yes, I'm afraid I'm going.

2012-08-23 08:40:57 PM
I like NASCAR.

2012-08-27 01:18:46 PM
It's gonna be FUN FUN FUN

I'm making vodka gummy worms tonight. That's not the reason it'll be fun, but it will add to the entire fun experience.

Y'all let me know if there is anything I can do to help you, if you are coming in from out of town.

omgfarkpartyfarkpartyfarkpartywoooooooooooooooo

2012-09-07 06:21:05 PM
HEEEEEY a farker is looking for someone to split the cost of the drive and a hotel room coming from the Cincinnati/Lexington area. Any ideas? EIP

2012-09-08 09:19:37 PM
If I can work it so I'm NOT working Sunday 9/23 I'll be there with Lonely Guy. ;^)

2012-09-15 08:01:58 PM
OMFG ONE WEEK I WILL HUMP ALL Y'ALLS FACES UNH UNH UNH

2012-09-15 08:04:17 PM
I'm scared. Can I rent an adult somewhere?

2012-09-15 08:25:13 PM
I am an adult.

2012-09-15 08:30:18 PM

Also, how's that Good Food on Montford place? Every time I've driven past it's been closed. Do they have a dress code or anything?

2012-09-15 08:33:44 PM

Zeppelininthesky: I am an adult.

I might need you to keep me out of trouble.

2012-09-15 08:49:04 PM

I dont even know WTF a Monford Place is. I get all I can eat at the Y.

2012-09-15 08:49:04 PM

There are amazing restaurants EVERYWHERE here. I think it's why everyone's so fat.

2012-09-15 08:57:38 PM

palladiate: WanderingMaineac: Why are there like thirty amazing restaurants all on Montford street? Do you guys have zoning laws to prevent them from spreading out or something?

It has nothing whatsoever to do with delishish pic a nics

2012-09-16 12:13:54 AM

casey.lurvs.bacon: WanderingMaineac: Hey, all you Charlotte people - I've been using your airport for a while, and I have a question. Why are there like thirty amazing restaurants all on Montford street? Do you guys have zoning laws to prevent them from spreading out or something?

I dont even know WTF a Monford Place is. I get all I can eat at the Y.

"Good Food on Montford" is the name of an actual restaurant. Really good reviews online but I've never managed to be there when it's open.

2012-09-16 12:23:36 AM

ToxicMunkee: I might need you to keep me out of trouble.

what's the fun in that?

2012-09-16 12:23:53 AM

casey.lurvs.bacon: OMFG ONE WEEK I WILL HUMP ALL Y'ALLS FACES UNH UNH UNH

oh my.

2012-09-20 06:56:55 PM
If anyone needs anything this weekend, my E is in my P. \O/

2012-09-21 08:12:31 PM
Mike seems to be omnipresent, and to be perfectly frank, it's starting to freak me out a little bit.

2012-09-21 08:49:11 PM
Mike is to mah right

2012-09-21 08:50:42 PM
You cannot escape muahahahah
....maybe

2012-09-21 09:36:10 PM

Mike: You cannot escape muahahahah
....maybe

"Some" people need "killin"

2012-09-21 10:05:27 PM
Pete and Repete blah blah blah..

/gonna do this in the OTHER 2 Seattle threads
//seriously???
//dnrtft

2012-09-21 10:34:57 PM
Mike is smashing nuts.

2012-09-21 10:40:24 PM
HULK SMASH and eat

2012-09-21 11:09:45 PM
If anyone runs into Les Moore, Mark Williams, Jim Brock, or Mike Troutman, tell him Meredith said hi.

I'm pretty sure it won't get you in anywhere special, but it's worth asking Mike where Rockin' Daddy might be playing.

/been a few years
//if you see Rich Hall, give him the finger for me.

2012-09-22 09:29:18 AM
Fun story. Good friend was at Flying Saucer yesterday. He had 6 beers over a 4 hour period and they cut him off. I know, CSB and all that. Just passing it on. Cutting off farkers at a fark party could cause rioting in the streets.

2012-09-22 06:01:32 PM
Dang wish I could drive over from Raleigh but my Zipmobile needs a new clutch, I'm driving my gas guzzling Avalanche and the gas is killing me right now.

Y'all party on, Farkers and Farkettes!

2012-09-22 06:20:30 PM
Where is the info for date/time/location. I wanna meet some of the weirdos on here!

2012-09-22 08:23:56 PM
Work @ 5am tomorrow morning, or I'd so be there. *le sigh*

2012-09-22 09:27:35 PM
Hope you crazy kids are having fun whilst I'm sitting here (barely) working. We want pics and such.

2012-09-23 04:37:18 PM
So much win. I'm so glad you guys came out. WOOT

Gaboo, can't post pix in line. NSFW

2012-09-24 10:44:31 AM