Host: drkdstryer
Description: Philly Fark party: Victory Brewpub, September 8th, 8:00 PM. Who's interested?
Date/Time: September 8, 2012 - 08:00 PM (local time)
Party Info: Get together for a few good Victory beers with other Philly Farkers! Looking for a general headcount so I can call ahead and get a few tables set aside for us - who's in?

2679 clicks; posted to Main » on 08 Sep 2012 at 8:59 AM (1 year ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

First | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | » | Last | Show all

2012-09-01 11:03:56 PM
Add one more Lurker to the list.
I live 20 minutes away in Phoenixville so I'll be taking advantage of this Fark party!

2012-09-01 11:12:08 PM

2012-09-01 11:16:42 PM

/not in the good way

2012-09-01 11:22:37 PM

/not in the good way

Emotionally or Physically close? I think it matters...

2012-09-01 11:30:45 PM
One thing I like about Victory is that it's within walking distance of my house. I think I'll stop on by!

2012-09-01 11:39:56 PM

Joosus: Gnu Mutant: I'd be there if alcohol didn't make me blackout, get naked and strangle the people closest to me.

/not in the good way

Emotionally or Physically close? I think it matters...

It can go either way.

That cop didn't find it amusing, so he and a couple pals showed me how they do it with a night stick.

Woke up in a Philly hospital (started the night in Delaware) covered in blood with a catheter up in me.

/so yea
/no rum for me

2012-09-01 11:43:47 PM

multuminparvo: Really late to this thread, but put me down as a maybe.

Do it. DOOO EEEET!

shivashakti: If I still lived in Jersey, I'd make it out there. Went to one or two Fark Parties there before.

When did you move out of NJ? That Fark party in NJ wasn't that long ago.

2012-09-01 11:59:34 PM

E-Brake: A last note about the Hampton Inn/Exton "Fark/Victory" $99 rate (just a 10 min cab ride from the brewery): Sales has agreed to extend the rate as long as they have the rooms available, just give them a call at (610) 363-5555.

Oh, that explains why they gave it to me after the expiration date.

2012-09-02 12:30:16 AM
That's hilarious. I may actually be in Philly that weekend.. to go to the bar with some friends and acquaintances from another website. If I'm in town I'll try to steal away for an hour and visit.

2012-09-02 07:04:30 AM

Misch: When did you move out of NJ? That Fark party in NJ wasn't that long ago.

I moved to Boston in July.

2012-09-02 09:18:16 AM
Damn. Driving back from the OBX on the 8th. Have fun you Farkers!

BTW... Downingtown?

2012-09-02 09:23:45 AM

on the road: Oh man, I wanted to go to this. Would have driven from Baltimore. But I'm leaving for Morocco on the 10th.

Morocco, eh? What for? I lived there for over 2 years if you need some tips.

I wish I could go to the Fark party... I just don't feel like taking the train 4 hours rt... maybe when there's one more convenient for me.

2012-09-02 09:39:39 AM
w00t!!! I'm in!

2012-09-02 10:07:20 AM
Dang. I'll be out of town. I would most definitely go if I were around.

Also, sheesh what a bunch of whingers... Yes, there are lots of good bars in Philly. Sadly, all the best ones are tiny and all the ones that aren't tiny are surrounded in a miasma of axe body spray. Victory was a good choice.

2012-09-02 12:03:19 PM

2012-09-02 12:29:49 PM

Marcus Aurelius: I can't help but notice we're not on their calendar of events.

Shouldn't we be on their calendar of events?

Nope - they don't allow actual "reservations" on Saturdays. However, I've been talking with the manager and they are cooperating with us and they know we're coming with a large group. We're also working on getting food and/or drink specials for that night; that isn't set in stone yet. But they definitely know we're coming.

2012-09-02 03:03:29 PM
Count me in. Good choice of venues, Victory has a nice selection on tap.

2012-09-03 09:55:04 PM
No longer tentative. We're in.

2012-09-04 01:26:29 PM

Mike: I'm driving 10 hours for this, so you "it's not really in Philly" people can drive a wee bit less to get there, ya know ;-)

youre going? whoa.

2012-09-06 08:59:17 AM
Unless I have a medical emergency (chronic illness is a biatch), I'm in. :)

2012-09-06 12:38:50 PM
Aw hell, I'll have to be a maybe on this. Not familiar with most of the names here since I just poke around TFD a bit, but whatev.

2012-09-06 07:37:29 PM
I was planning on dressing as a beer keg but my gf nixed that idea. Guess Ill wear a casual
hawaiian shirt

2012-09-06 07:49:47 PM
Anything going on earlier Saturday?

Not sure yet exactly when I'm getting there.

2012-09-06 09:27:52 PM

Mike: Anything going on earlier Saturday?

Not sure yet exactly when I'm getting there.

We can make something happen.

2012-09-06 10:41:16 PM
difficulty: Hampton Inn

(or maybe Hersheypark first, if it doesn't rain)

2012-09-07 07:37:24 AM

2012-09-07 11:23:46 AM

James72: Are we going to have a table or just sit at the bar? If we are getting a big table or something, I can bring Cards Against Humanity for some extra fun.

I think we're going to have tables. If we sat at the bar we would overtake the entire place.

2012-09-07 01:53:43 PM
tomorrow!

2012-09-07 03:44:47 PM
Day before the party check-in:

I will be there. If anyone needs directions, a place to crash (if I know you), etc. you can either email me or call me between now and then. EIP

It takes me about 15/20 minues to get to Downingtown.

If you don't like me, bother Ami. (j/k Ami)

2012-09-07 03:48:21 PM

i've never played that. that's a good idea.

2012-09-07 03:51:11 PM

BunkyBrewman: Damn. Driving back from the OBX on the 8th. Have fun you Farkers!

BTW... Downingtown?

DUDE?!? You are going to complain about Downingtown? I can pick you up on my way there, you're about a mile away from me. EIP

2012-09-07 04:18:20 PM
Mike, Ami, you both have Gmail

2012-09-07 08:30:17 PM
Made it as far as Washington DC

2012-09-07 08:50:52 PM
Somebody from the Charlotte area needs to split gas/room with me. Let's leave tomorrow morning, come back Sunday. c'mon c'mon c'mon

2012-09-07 09:04:00 PM
If I don't make it, call the police on ami.

2012-09-07 09:04:37 PM
drkdstryer, you know that if I would make the drive (which I was considering) it would end up being just you and me again.

I'm curious to see how many come. I'm starting to take it personally.

msk [TotalFark]
2012-09-07 09:25:33 PM
interested, but too far and i got a ton of homework this weekend. :/

ami5000, have one for me, please and thank you.

2012-09-07 09:29:17 PM
Hey, listen, I have to play tennis tomorrow instead of Sunday this week, and I'm already hung over.

Does anyone mind if we postpone until next week?

2012-09-07 09:43:17 PM
Stay safe everyone. If you are going to pull shenanigans make sure they are cheeky and fun. Not cruel and tragic evil shenanigans.

2012-09-07 09:43:29 PM

McFifenstein: If I don't make it, call the police on ami.

We need her home address.

2012-09-07 10:15:53 PM
Because it is not.

I'm from Philly and we don't appreciate it when people claim to be from Philly but they actually live like 1/2 hr - 45 mins away. I often meet people when I'm traveling and they ask me where I'm from & I say Philly. They say "Me too!" and I'm like "yeah, what street, yo?" and then they say "I'm from Quakertown" or some shiat. No. Not the same. Not the same At All, yo.

That being said, I would so totally schlep out to the country to party wit yous if I still lived there, yo.

/jealous, yo

2012-09-07 10:23:00 PM

DWitchiewoman: Are we still in here complaining that this is not a Philly Fark party because it's not in Philly?
Because it is not.

/jealous, yo

Yo, I think I farked your mother once when she was out here in Chester County, yo. She sounded JUST like you.

2012-09-07 10:28:25 PM
Is there anyproblem with me bringing my wife and another girl?

2012-09-07 10:32:57 PM
Marcus Aurelius

I don't think so country boy. My mother was the epitome of class and she's dead.

But go ahead and be a dick if you need to. I get that you don't get all the use of yo that I typed. You're not from Philly.

2012-09-07 10:34:58 PM

Because it is not.

Eh, I do that because nobody knows where Spring City is. Everyone knows where Philly is, you know?

2012-09-07 10:39:48 PM

DWitchiewoman: Marcus Aurelius

My momma's dead too.

My daddy was Albert Greenfield's political advisor for a decade, so don't tell me I'm not from Philly, yo.

2012-09-07 10:44:57 PM

DWitchiewoman: Marcus Aurelius

So you're not going to be there tomorrow?

/was just assaulted by ungrateful grandchildren reading over my shoulder

2012-09-07 10:59:22 PM
I'm penniless in DC. Just got back from covering the DNC...start classes here Monday reporting capital news... :(

2012-09-07 11:02:25 PM
Crackers Are a Family Food:

I get it. I'd just prefer "I'm from an area outside Philadelphia. It's called Spring City". Or something like that?

Marcus Aurelius:

I find this irrelevant. Did you grow up IN Philadelphia? No? Ok, then you are not from Philly.

2012-09-07 11:33:31 PM
I grew up in the burbs, been living in the city for two years, and spent three out near Downingtown.

Victory was a bad choice. The main line sucks, Victory is to philly brewpubs what Bennigans is to Irish Pubs and there is nothing else of consequence out there but the tattered remains of Bam Margera's career.

I would have appreciated (and actually been able to attend) a fark party at a place like Frankford Hall, Downeys (as seen on TV!), any other place on South St, or even that Xfinity place where Veterans' Stadium used to be.

Simply put, holding a Philly Fark party an hour (by car, at best) from the City Limits and having it at one of the more over-exposed, edgeless, and watered-down brewpubs around is a real bummer.

First | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | » | Last | Show all