Host: geom_00
Description: Anyone up for a Pittsburgh Fark Party?
Date/Time: TBD
Party Info: I moved back to Pittsburgh in January, and would love to get a Fark party going.

Just thought I would throw the idea out there.

I just don't know where would be a good place to have one.

670 clicks; posted to Main » on 07 Jul 2012 at 8:32 PM (2 years ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

First | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | » | Last | Show all

2012-07-07 02:39:42 PM
I vote for the BBT.

2012-07-07 02:50:06 PM
WOO-HOO!

/i have no suggestion for the location.

2012-07-07 03:09:03 PM
I might be there in August for work

2012-07-07 03:16:59 PM
I'm going away in August for two weks.

2012-07-07 03:20:07 PM
I was possibly thinking of:

The Tilted Kilt: Kilt

If this is the idea...we would need to do it on a night without a Pirate or Steeler game.

The Church Brew Works: Church

Rock Bottom: Rock Bottom

The Rock Bottom one is a little on the pricy side....but it has GOOD beer

2012-07-07 03:33:46 PM
I've heard good things about the church.

2012-07-07 05:37:09 PM

geom_00: The Church Brew Works: Church

Best option you listed. I'll throw in a suggestion for one of the Sharpe Edge locations (Downtown would be the most central).

2012-07-07 06:01:34 PM
Yes, you should do this the next time I'm in town, which will be... uh... um...

Thanksgiving? Maybe Christmas?

2012-07-07 06:39:07 PM
Hough's in Greenfield.

2012-07-07 06:46:19 PM
I would definitely be up for one!

t3knomanser: geom_00: The Church Brew Works: Church

Oooh, and I vote for these as well.

2012-07-07 07:42:42 PM
Oh, if we want to go to an East End dive, Kelly's Bar and Grille would be awesome. For that, I would actually turn out. But it's a small venue. So when tens of farkers show up at the same time, we'd pack the place to the gills.

But:
1) Good beer list, focusing on quality over quantity
2) Bartenders that know how to make cocktails
3) The best mac'n'cheese anywhere on Earth.

2012-07-07 08:17:18 PM
I'm up for anything!

So far the censuses is:

Church Brew Work
Sharpe Edge
Kelly's Bar and Grille

2012-07-07 08:34:03 PM
Does it have to be in or anywhere near Pittsburgh?

2012-07-07 08:37:32 PM

JasonOfOrillia: Does it have to be in or anywhere near Pittsburgh?

As compared to Toronto? Yeah, I think that's the idea.

There was one at the Squirrel Cage a while ago, wasn't there?

2012-07-07 08:45:08 PM

Why won't you? I still have your stuff from the picnic, years ago!

I'm all for it, but fair warning, from experience of someone who has (tried) to host several Fark parties, yinz pixburgers are fickle n'at. The last one I hosted about 15 people SAID they would be there and it ended up being me and drkdstryer.

But geom_00, email me. I have a (possibly outdated) list of all Pittsburgh Farker. Well, not all. Since I don't recognize most of the names in this thread now!

2012-07-07 08:47:19 PM

buntz: I have a (possibly outdated) list of all Pittsburgh Farker. Well, not all. Since I don't recognize most of the names in this thread now!

2012-07-07 08:50:24 PM

I don't know your email, or you (did you have a different screen name?) I just have a bulk list of 20 or so emails from the last time I tried to host a party (2 or more years ago I guess?)

2012-07-07 08:52:08 PM

geom_00: I was possibly thinking of:

The Tilted Kilt: Kilt

The Church Brew Works: Church

Rock Bottom: Rock Bottom

The Rock Bottom one is a little on the pricy side....but it has GOOD beer

What about the Pittsburgh Burger Company, which is also in Homestead (the former Fuddruckers). Burgers, beer, wings, etc. I think they have a room for larger groups.

2012-07-07 08:52:34 PM
Anyone NOT having a Fark Party? There's 4 on the main page right now....

2012-07-07 08:56:20 PM

Great_Milenko: What about the Pittsburgh Burger Company, which is also in Homestead

We had a Fark party at Kennywood one summer (nice turnout, that was a lot of fun) and after went to the Waterfront. Rock Bottom I think. A guy got shot at Damon's while we were there.

I don't think anyone wants to go to Homestead again. The last few we had were at Church Brew Works.
Had one at Hooters in Station Square (we got kicked out) and moved to The Green Room (I have pics of Rotsky doing karaoke if anyone is interested) but that place closed down. :(

2012-07-07 08:57:53 PM
Damn - I'll keep an eye on this and I I happen to be back in town that weekend I'll be able to show! It'd be great to actually sit and drink with you, geom_00!

2012-07-07 08:59:38 PM

buntz: Starry Heavens: Eh, I probably shouldn't be on your list, anyway. I'm only here intermittently; I'll be gone again come mid-August.

I've never attended a Fark party, although I do sort of regret not attending the one at the Squirrel Cage. Based on my Farky of you, I suspect we were TFers at the same time for a while, but I'm not surprised you don't know me. In any case, I'm not really worth sticking on a list now.

2012-07-07 09:00:35 PM

Starry Heavens: Based on my Farky of you, I suspect we were TFers at the same time for a while, but I'm not surprised you don't know me

Now you KNOW I have to ask.....

2012-07-07 09:06:34 PM

buntz: Now you KNOW I have to ask.....

(favorite: the Bagel Eatin' Half-Jew of Pittsburgh (2882195))

2012-07-07 09:07:46 PM

2012-07-07 09:07:47 PM

Starry Heavens: (favorite: the Bagel Eatin' Half-Jew of Pittsburgh (2882195))

..blink.. blink..

Thank.... you....?

2012-07-07 09:08:33 PM

buntz: Thank.... you....?

You asked!

2012-07-07 09:08:53 PM

geom_00: I was possibly thinking of:

The Tilted Kilt: Kilt

The Church Brew Works: Church

Rock Bottom: Rock Bottom

The Rock Bottom one is a little on the pricy side....but it has GOOD beer

Church brew works is wonderful!

2012-07-07 09:10:56 PM
Someplace with karaoke is always fun. Gotta be a Friday or Saturday night though. I know of a dive bar in Coraopolis that has karaoke, and we'd easily own the place and they'd be all hit with a bag of WTFs with us in there.

Last time I sang there the patrons thought I was a ringer.

2012-07-07 09:14:34 PM

Ah! The guido thread! Good times!! I still have all of those pictures saved (so if you're one of them...)

But now I get the bagel reference!

2012-07-07 09:15:28 PM
I will be watching this thread... When Yinz figure out a place and time, I'm in.

2012-07-07 09:16:12 PM
drkdstryer -- It would be nice to drink with you too, though!!

Also.. besides picking a place....when is a good time??

2012-07-07 09:17:50 PM

i.imgur.com

2012-07-07 09:18:23 PM
I'm in.

Went to the Fark party in Indy a few years ago. I passed out first.

2012-07-07 09:18:33 PM
Since this thread is full of Pittsburghers, I suppose I should put a plug out there that a friend of mine owns the Birmingham Bridge Tavern (strangely located next to the Hot Metal Bridge), which has a fantastic beer selection and makes the best pierogies. I've never been there in the evening, but it is awesome for lunch.

2012-07-07 09:19:57 PM
I vote for Sharpe Edge. Great selection, decent food, easy to find.

2012-07-07 09:20:18 PM

buntz: Starry Heavens: (And now Drew cackles and hopes we'll spend $10 to figure out the context of that quote.)

[i.imgur.com image 640x480]

Hahaha! Awesome! And no, none of the pics are mine, but you're right, that's exactly it!

2012-07-07 09:21:01 PM

buntz: t3knomanser: But it doesn't really matter because the odds of me actually attending are very slim.

Why won't you? I still have your stuff from the picnic, years ago!

You wouldn't have me on your list. I just became a Pittsburgh farker in January. So put me on it!

/another vote for Church

2012-07-07 09:21:40 PM
I may be in.

moved to da Burgh from Vegas 2 years ago

2012-07-07 09:22:30 PM

geom_00: drkdstryer -- It would be nice to drink with you too, though!!

It's dangerous to drink with drkdstryer

i.imgur.com

2012-07-07 09:24:52 PM

buntz: geom_00: drkdstryer -- It would be nice to drink with you too, though!!

It's dangerous to drink with drkdstryer

[i.imgur.com image 640x480]

That is pretty close to what I expected a fark party to look like. I actually hosted one once, but the only people who showed were non-farkers.

//It was for the Snakes on a Plane premier. I even brought rubber snakes! LAME.

2012-07-07 09:25:43 PM
Church Brew and Sharpe Point seem to be the clear front winners thus far.

I just thought of something though...Primanti's??

2012-07-07 09:29:36 PM
I don't post much but I'd be in!!

/Damn work for flagging Fark!!

2012-07-07 09:32:05 PM

I just thought of something though...Primanti's??

2012-07-07 09:32:41 PM

2012-07-07 09:35:31 PM

Paul128: How about at my back yard , I had a great party with my kids, my new wife's kids and some great freinds, and I am waiting for the next great group. See you guys soon! Paul 128

Can yeeven git impn'arn up dere, ya jagoff!

2012-07-07 09:38:02 PM
I would vote for either D's in Regent Sq. or Rock Bottom. Please, someplace with decent beer!

2012-07-07 09:38:51 PM
I'll be around...not planning on moving anytime soon and my sister and boyfriend (also Farkers) would join in as well. Never been to a Pittsburgh Fark party...I wonder how well my sister and I would fit in with us not being beer drinkers? We do drink, but only liquor. Alas, we can be fickle ladies...

Belvedere's in Lawrenceville would be a suggestion of mine...it has a big back room that would easily accommodate a gathering of Farkers and drinks are cheap (*which is a BIG plus to people in the lower income bracket such as myself). I've heard good things about New Amsterdam, though I have never been...Silky's, there's also a Sharp Edge in Friendship if I'm not mistaken, and honestly, Mad Mex in Shadyside is a really fun place to get together for some good food and killer margaritas; they've got that whole open front which is really great for people who smoke as they can just jump the booth to get in and out. Shadyside is pretty nice in general.

My sister suggested Fat Heads in the South Side for the food and atmosphere. There are tons of places in the South Side. She also expressed a desire for something interactive, like karaoke or a trivia night or game center type thing. She wasn't very specific...

But yeah, we'd like to know the details once they're all figured out! If we can make it, we'll be there; we could use an excuse to get out of the house!

2012-07-07 09:39:24 PM

buntz: I don't think anyone wants to go to Homestead again.

could have it somewhere down in my area.... McKeesport.

LoL

2012-07-07 09:41:26 PM

Goimir: geom_00: Church Brew and Sharpe Point seem to be the clear front winners thus far.

I just thought of something though...Primanti's??

Gonna have to echo this as well - but thanks for your continued stream of ideas!

First | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | » | Last | Show all