Host: Unfreakable
Description: World Fark Party II - Las Vegas Nevada: March 30 - Apr 1
Date/Time: March 30, 2012 - 06:00 PM (local time)
Party Info: This is the second annual World Fark Party in Las Vegas Nevada. The event will include Drew and many of the Fark staff as well as Farkers from all over the United States and possibly the world.

Thursday (3/29) night will be a pre-event Pub Crawl on the Vegas strip starting at 6PM and will go as follows:
- Treasure Island: Breeze Bar
- Mirage: Rhumbar
- Caesars: La Salsa
- Paris: the sports bar in the back
- Treasure Island: Breeze Bar
Watch the Twitter hashtag #farklv2012 for updates.

Friday night (3/30) will be the main event in the Treasure Island ballroom from 6PM - 10PM. This includes all entertainment and a catered dinner, which will be a fully staffed buffet with several stations serving caesar salad, baby mozzarella and tomato salad, antipasto salad with roasted peppers, artichokes and grilled asparagus, cheese tortellini, tomato cream sauce and spinach, parmesan style stuffed chicken, Italian sausage with peppers and onions, garlic bread, parmesan breadsticks and focaccia, hearth baked breads, assorted biscotti, cannoli, Italian rum cakes and tiramisu, fresh brewed coffee, decaffeinated coffee, iced and international hot teas.

The cost for Friday night is $75 in advance or $100 at the door. The link for registration is here: Vegas Fark Party 2012. Space is limited, and the link will close as soon as we hit the maximum. A PARTIAL list of guests this year include:
- Burnie Burns (Red vs. Blue)
- Mike "Nug" Nahrgang, an actor and comedian that you probably know better as "Mustard Man"
- Mike Phirman (Hard 'n Phirm)
- and the finale will be the music of Paul and Storm.

After the Friday night event, there'll be karaoke at Imperial Palace

There will be a poker tournament on Saturday afternoon at 1:30 pm in the Treasure Island poker room, and several informal events on Saturday evening, including a pub quiz challenge in the evening (location TBD).

Both Friday and Saturday during the day from 10am - 5pm, we'll have a cabana Farkabana poolside at Treasure Island. It includes fruit plate along with water and soft drinks, seating for up to 10 people, LCD TV, refrigerator, ceiling fans, deluxe lounge chairs, day beds and cabana Farkabana host. It should be fairly easy to spot the Fark group.

We have a rate of $139 per night (flat, no Resort Fee) at Treasure Island. To join us there, make your reservation: 888-503-8999 between the hours of 8:00AM to 7:00PM Pacific Time. Group code is FARK12. Hotel registration deadline is March 6th to guarantee that rate. You can also click this link to make reservations directly: Treasure Island Reservations - Fark

Twitter hashtag: #farklv2012

[Comments in this thread will stay open until after the party]

Location: Treasure Island
3300 South Las Vegas Boulevard
Las Vegas, NV 89109
(702) 894-7111
(view map)

10160 clicks; posted to Main » on 01 Apr 2012 at 11:00 PM (2 years ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

1902 Comments   (+0 »)

First | « | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | » | Last

2012-04-02 01:16:52 AM

brownlady79: Yeah but there's also Celine Dion to consider...I think that trumps anything good produced out of Canadia...

Don't forget about Bryan Adams, either.

Now, now- the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on several occasions

2012-04-02 01:17:12 AM

Mike: 5150 isn't in Vegas, use your ignore lists

lol

2012-04-02 01:18:56 AM
Don't forget, Canada also gave us Neil Young and the original Captain James Tiberius Kirk.

2012-04-02 01:26:47 AM
Alan Thicke and Michael Buble are also from Canada. Hm.

2012-04-02 01:35:51 AM
img1.bdbphotos.com

Canadian.

/will be in my flannel-lined bunk

2012-04-02 01:45:44 AM
I helped turn this into a pro-canada thread.

My work here is done.

2012-04-02 01:49:31 AM
sigh

2012-04-02 01:57:52 AM

Tziva: Raging Thespian: brownlady79: Canadian bacon is just ham.

What has been said here.

/Sorry CC, but it's true

I am pretty sure we had this argument no less than three times this weekend.

and the conclusion was: it's ham

No, no, a hundred times no. Canadian bacon is not ham. They come from two different parts of the pig, even if they are both cured the same way. Ham is the leg, bacon is the back, side, or loin.

And also, of course, beavers. How has no one mentioned them yet?

I mean come on, in the great scheme of things Canada is like Ned Flanders to the Homer Simpson that is the USA. He's always right next door, friendly, helpful, always loaning stuff without getting it back.
/stupid sexy Flanders Canada

2012-04-02 02:00:56 AM

Yoyo: On the plus side of the balance sheet for Canadian things, don't forget to include Skinny Puppy.

\o/

2012-04-02 02:05:08 AM
I will give Canada mooses and Sasquatch.

Both of those things are pretty cool.

BUT THATS IT GUYS THATS ALL YOU GET.

2012-04-02 02:06:42 AM
You just won your case.

2012-04-02 02:14:23 AM
brownlady79:

Nice meeting you at the poker tournament.

2012-04-02 02:14:46 AM

2012-04-02 02:15:49 AM

phlegmmo: brownlady79:

Nice meeting you at the poker tournament.

It was nice to meet you as well! :)

2012-04-02 02:25:31 AM

Shani: Does anyone else's towels staying at TI smell burnt? I had another set sent up but they had the same smell. Plech!

Yes! I thought I was crazy!

2012-04-02 02:36:51 AM

IBreakdance2NIN: Then again, Canada did give us maple syrup, Nathan Fillion, and Rush.

Soooooo... you're forgiven.

Mmm...Nathan Fillion...

2012-04-02 02:39:27 AM

Yoyo: Tziva: Raging Thespian: brownlady79: Canadian bacon is just ham.

What has been said here.

/Sorry CC, but it's true

I am pretty sure we had this argument no less than three times this weekend.

and the conclusion was: it's ham

And also, of course, beavers. How has no one mentioned them yet?

/stupid sexy Flanders Canada

Were you raised by swine ranchers or do you have the inner workings of pig butchering for another, more nefarious reason?

2012-04-02 02:43:28 AM
There should be a "memorized" in that previous post somewhere. I'm going to bed.

2012-04-02 02:46:11 AM

brownlady79: To bring this full circle, there was at least one Canadian in attendance...wait no, there were two if you include Mustard Man. I rather enjoyed the "aboots" and the "ehs".

Yes, yes I was there and infecting you all with my politeness and monarchist socialist ideals.

2012-04-02 03:44:08 AM
so...so........tired

Ffjgdgvcccxx"zzz

2012-04-02 04:22:21 AM
Goodnight, Farkers. And goodnight, pretty lady with the stuffed beaver.

2012-04-02 04:27:59 AM

aquigley: so...so........tired

Ffjgdgvcccxx"zzz

Want another taste of my Banana Hammock?

2012-04-02 05:22:06 AM

aquigley: so...so........tired

That is the sign of a good trip. Time enough to sleep on normal days.

2012-04-02 07:30:43 AM
ANYONE WITH A HANGOVER!??!?! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH LOUD NOISES

2012-04-02 07:32:47 AM

panfried: xl5150: eyehate: Somebody compared me to this asshole in this thread.

You should be flattered.

eyehate: Is this guy just a megatroll or something?

No; they just have their panties in a bunch. I came to the Vegas get-together and actually came to a few of the events but stayed back and out of view because I was afraid of how they'd treat me.

BS, you stayed in your moms torture chamber basement and trolled this thread, muddying up the legit posts that Farkers, who where not able to go (like me), where watching. I must say, as a troll, you are pretty pathetic.

April Fools!!!1!

Nobody does it like a Farker, I guess...

2012-04-02 07:33:38 AM
PATRIOTIC 1776 POST!!1!

*plays fife*

/not Fife

2012-04-02 08:51:06 AM

nopokerface: xl5150: nopokerface: I was really there and saw damn near no one, so don't feel bad.

I saw plenty of people; it was just from a ways away and I didn't talk to anyone.

I don't always agree with Marysue, but she was right when she said griffer already ran this game.

Whatever, you pimpin Grimace.

2012-04-02 08:58:42 AM

griffer: I wasn't there this year, I bought my dream car instead, but I am sure you were holding court on how to not lose your shirt at Texas Holde'em with an audience of pasty loser who couldn't afford to spend an hour at the nickle slots.

I missed the poker tournament, now tell me about this dream car.....

2012-04-02 09:06:52 AM
I already bragged with TWO threads....

Pic thread (new window)

First thread (new window)

2012-04-02 09:07:45 AM

griffer: I already bragged with TWO threads....

Pic thread (new window)

First thread (new window)

2012-04-02 09:10:06 AM

Don't blame you. What with your gambling debts and all.

2012-04-02 09:12:11 AM

griffer: nopokerface: I ain't paying $5 to see a picture of your Studebaker or whatever the hell you bought, son.

Don't blame you. What with your gambling debts and all.

Sonofa.....well, thanks I guess....sweet ride, sir. I assume you already saw my dream car? Got it in November.

2012-04-02 09:13:24 AM

nopokerface: Got it in November.

Buick LeSabre?

2012-04-02 09:17:19 AM
Inquiring minds want to know?

1. How many actuallly went
2. How come we are not, NOW flooded with all kind of cool pics from the event

I guess everyone is still too drunk to post//

2012-04-02 09:18:59 AM

griffer: nopokerface: Got it in November.

Buick LeSabre?

i305.photobucket.com

Wanna race?;)

2012-04-02 09:19:03 AM

griffer: nopokerface: Got it in November.

Buick LeSabre?

Tell me, you sensitive goon, but it is anything less than this, I will be dissappoint.

www.madle.org

2012-04-02 09:19:58 AM

griffer: sensitive goon

I may be a goon, but that other part ain't right!

/I love that car.

2012-04-02 09:21:59 AM

nopokerface: Wanna race?;)

Nice GTR!

Drag or road track?

Who am I kidding....you might actually beat me.

Seriously nice car.

My wife suggested the GTR when I said it was time for a sports car.

2012-04-02 09:23:14 AM

nopokerface: I love that car.

Which one?

Have you clocked it? Can you actually do 60 in less than 3?

2012-04-02 09:24:18 AM

griffer: Nice GTR!

Drag or road track?

Who am I kidding....you might actually beat me.

Seriously nice car.

My wife suggested the GTR when I said it was time for a sports car.

Thanks, and yes it will win either just about any race you want to have with the M. But, the M will drop more panties and is seriously cool. Plus, it's a great track day car. If I take mine to a track, they void the warranty.

2012-04-02 09:26:37 AM

griffer: nopokerface: I love that car.

Which one?

Have you clocked it? Can you actually do 60 in less than 3?

I have not clocked it. You have to use launch mode to get under 3 seconds, I haven't tried that yet. I haven't really tested it yet. But, it's amazingly fast. Like, it shocks you how fast it is. Then it you come to a corner and the really amazing part begins.

/as to which one, I love all 3 that have been shown!

2012-04-02 09:32:23 AM
I love how the M corners....

Warranty> You have a warranty??

2012-04-02 09:33:18 AM
Launch mode? Tell me that isn't an automatic....

2012-04-02 09:42:25 AM

griffer: Launch mode? Tell me that isn't an automatic....

They only offer one transmission. Double clutch paddle shift gearbox/Automatic.

/I bought it new, so it has a warranty.

2012-04-02 09:44:17 AM

nopokerface: it has a warranty.

They stop making mine....

2012-04-02 09:46:43 AM

griffer: nopokerface: it has a warranty.

They stop making mine....

That just makes it cooler.

2012-04-02 10:03:11 AM

nopokerface: That just makes it cooler.

This makes it cooler....

i629.photobucket.com

2012-04-02 10:04:35 AM

griffer: nopokerface: That just makes it cooler.

This makes it cooler....

[i629.photobucket.com image 640x426]

She is a beauty, sir.

2012-04-02 10:07:05 AM

nopokerface: griffer: nopokerface: That just makes it cooler.

This makes it cooler....

[i629.photobucket.com image 640x426]

She is a beauty, sir.

Get a f*cking room, boys.

2012-04-02 10:16:38 AM

themeaningoflifeisnot: Get a f*cking room, boys.

LOL!