Headlines of the Week for 12/1 - 12/7, but more importantly--the first quarterfinal contest Headline of the Year kicks off later today
Posted by Unfreakable at 2013-12-10 1:57:35 PM (9 comments) | Permalink
• • •
1447 clicks; posted to Main » on 10 Dec 2013 at 2:04 PM (1 year ago) | | share: more»
Share this link:
Article Comments close
So the Headline of the Year contest starts today (probably in the next two hours, depending on how fast I can get it set up).
Before it kicks off, I want to say a quick word to thank the hundreds and hundreds of funny, clever submitters that grace Fark with their work. Anybody who's ever tried their hand at submitting can attest that it's often more frustrating than rewarding, but there's a certain joy in crafting a funny headline well, and it's more art than science most of the time. Getting a greenlight can feel like a high, and for a submitter, there are few joys greater than getting appreciation in a thread for a headline that makes other people laugh.
You guys make Fark what it is. Thank you.
Headlines Of The Week for Sun 2013-12-01 to Sat 2013-12-07:
'Bomb mom' gets probation in weapons case. Thanks, oh Bomb Ma
Pig bang theory
Man imprisoned for 25 years for killing his wife exonerated. Focus shifts back to one-armed man
Study finds that listeners can distinguish voices of tall versus short people, especially when one says "Seacrest out"
The NSA admits to tracking your cellphone location when you are abroad. They probably do the same when you are a guy, as well
← Free Nelson Mandela
KY man fills brother's wish with big tip. That big tip must explain why he's a KY man
Mexico plans how to safely box up recovered cobalt. I haven't seen such a fuss over a cobalt box since Avatar rule 34 pics first appeared
Friday 6 December is work in the nude day. Oh God please don't let this happen at Walmart
Stolen arm found in second hand shop
Man attacked with golf club in church. Nearer my God to tee
Brett Favre will be coaching in the Mississippi state football championship Friday night. The team's best play is 38 X-Ray Vegas 24 Slot Rocket Close Your Eyes, Throw the Ball Over That Way and See What Happens
TV networks begin bidding war for Tim Tebow as a football analyst. Top three offers come from CBS, Fox Sports, The 700 Club
Auburn vs. Alabama Iron Bowl was the most watched college game of the season. Especially by Alabama defenders who became spectators on the last play of the game
Gallup poll finds that 18% of Americans say that they are at their ideal weight. The other 82% are at the ideal weight ... of a 1948 DeSoto
New study says that too much testosterone is linked to a shorter life span. Finally, some good news for the Houston Texans
Scientists think they've pinpointed the area of the brain that makes people have dailysex
"I want to be the Obama of clothing" says the Joe Biden of hip hop
New chapters of "Trapped in the Closet" by R. Kelly to air in 2014. A marathon of previous chapters will air this Saturday on IFC, or you could just do what R. Kelly does and stream it all
Hackers tried to rig Time's Person of the Year poll for Miley Cyrus, but it didn't twerk
One loss, two loss, Red loss, Blue loss
White House spokesman: Of course the President never met his drunk driving illegal alien uncle. President: Except when we lived together. Spokesman: Except when they lived together
White House unveils its 2nd Open Government Plan. There apparently was a 1st Open Government Plan but they never told the public about it
Pilots say that the use of autopilot leaves them feeling useless "like a piece of luggage." Which means they'll be charged $50 to fly and then put on the wrong plane
Never go against a Sicilian when DEBT is on the line. AHA HA AHA HA HA HA *thud*
Medical costs continue to soar. A single stitch in a hospital now costs $500, according to chief of surgery George Armani
This thread is closed to new comments.
Submit a Link »
In Other Media
Stories from our partner sites:
SEE INSIDE: Penis-Shaped Cloud Erupts...
Texas Elementary Students Forced To U...
Boston Yeti Roams Snowy Streets, Assu...
PEE YOU! Florida Man Urinated On Wait...
More news at HuffPostWeirdNews »
Ashley Moss: Pictures of Richard Sher...
When Does 'House of Cards' Season 3 S...
Dasha Zhukova Photos: The Pictures Yo...
Tess Munster, Plus Size Model: 5 Fast...
More news at Heavy »
Watch Saints Quarterback Drew Brees D...
Enjoy This Meteorologist's Lively Imp...
When She Couldn't Find 'The One,' Thi...
Marshawn Lynch And Rob Gronkowski Wil...
More news at UPROXX »