Fark on the Water - update for JoCo Cruise Crazy: Feb 23 - Mar 1, 2014
Posted by Drew at 2013-06-27 12:21:23 PM (20 comments) | Permalink

765 clicks; posted to Main » on 27 Jun 2013 at 2:58 PM (1 year ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

Hey everyone -

To recap - Paul and Storm approached me about possibly doing a Fark cruise, like a Fark Party but on a boat.  They've had some success running a cruise for Jonathan Coulton and wanted to see if we'd be up for something similar. Personally, it looks like a ton of work to me, I'd rather spend a week relaxing and having fun.

I went on JoCoCruise Crazy 3 last February and it was an absolute blast. I'm not one for cruises and I  didn't expect to have as awesome of a time as I ended up having. Seriously it was awesome, my first vacation in years.

It was so much fun that I figured maybe we could get a bunch of Farkers to go on it too and have a Fark meetup within Joco's Cruise. That would certainly prevent duplication of effort, plus Joco's Cruise is already damn amazing. It'd be just as good as doing one ourselves.

So a few weeks have gone by, hopefully some folks have had time to consider going. It's still early in the registration process but if you're like me, planning to be gone for a whole week tends to require some advance planning. We had several people pull the trigger and sign up already, so it's on!

To book the event, you'll need to do it through JoCo Cruise Crazy where you can learn all the various other details. IMPORTANT: be sure to enter "FARKATSEA" where it asks if you have any booking codes to enter.

Overall signups have been great - over 700 people went last year and  they've already passed that number of signups for this year. There's a hard limit somewhere around 1000 attendees due to the size of the individual venues on the boat, so if you're at all inclined sign on up! I'd love to see you there next year.
(view entire blog)

2013-06-27 01:40:06 PM
This is the first I've heard of this and I just booked my reservation last night. Can I still get in on this?

2013-06-27 03:01:14 PM
paging captain stabbin, captain stabbin, to the thread

2013-06-27 03:05:18 PM
Fire in the Sky.

2013-06-27 03:13:49 PM
Farking close to water

2013-06-27 03:14:33 PM
Is the Captain Italian?

2013-06-27 03:18:53 PM
A bunch of Farkers in international waters? What's the worst that could happen?

mimg.ugo.com

PJ-
2013-06-27 03:28:50 PM

2013-06-27 03:29:34 PM
Ha ha ha... boats.

2013-06-27 03:38:26 PM
Sorry, Drew, but I cannot cross running water, nor can I be on a boat.

2013-06-27 03:38:57 PM
Have fun!

www.theblaze.com

2013-06-27 03:40:01 PM
s14.postimg.org

2013-06-27 03:45:14 PM

SecretAgentWoman: Have fun!

[www.theblaze.com image 619x345]

Is it wrong to hope that there's norovirus and we get some epic poop/vomit stories out of this?

2013-06-27 03:45:49 PM

You're already 66% of the way there if you can get drunk and shout about politics, just add $5 (or whatever it is now) a month for 'exclusive content and access' and you'll be complete.

PJ-
2013-06-27 03:52:07 PM

I was there once, but work happened so I stopped my payments.  Maybe one of these days I'll re-sub for TF....

2013-06-27 03:55:50 PM

PJ-: YoOjo: PJ-: Looks like a blast, but i'm not part of the 'fark circle jerk', alas, maybe i'll show up to get drunk and randomly shout something about politics from time to time.

Same shiat here, it's not the amount of money, or the principle of paying for access, but the simple fact that I have this much to do and that much time in which to do it all, and this does not equal that.

2013-06-27 04:07:04 PM
The nightmare of being stuck on a boa,t with all of fark, with a norovirus outbreak just sent chills down my spine.

2013-06-27 04:44:43 PM
Aww.....FTFPricingPage:
NOT INCLUDED in the Cruise PriceThe following are  not included in the Cruise Prices listed in the Pricing Table
Alcoholic beverages, soft drinks, and bottled juices

2013-06-27 04:45:41 PM

SecretAgentWoman: Have fun!

[www.theblaze.com image 619x345]

First thing a thought of -- a Fark party that might hit CNN.

2013-06-27 06:12:53 PM