Do you have adblock enabled?

WORLD FARK PARTY II: Mar 30 - Apr 1 in Las Vegas - see comments for details
Posted by Drew at 2012-02-09 9:25:04 AM (355 comments) | Permalink

857 clicks; posted to Main » on 09 Feb 2012 at 12:57 PM (4 years ago)   |   Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

Hey everybody, wanted to remind you all that after the success of last year's event, Fark is doing another World Fark Party in Vegas again this year at Treasure Island. Last year was a blast and we couldn't wait to do it again.

Short version:

We have a block of 50 rooms at Treasure Island this year, rate is $139 per night (note: the normal "$20 resort fee" they normally tack on to that is optional for our group). To join us there, make your reservation: 888-503-8999 between the hours of 8:00AM to 7:00PM Pacific Time. Group code is FARK12. Hotel registration deadline is March 6th to guarantee that rate. You can also click this link to make reservations directly: Treasure Island Reservations - Fark

Longer version:

TI is giving us the Saturday meeting space free, but in order for them to do this we need to get at least 50 rooms booked over there by Mar 6th (and there's a food/drink minimum but since most Farkers are semi-functional alcoholics we're not too worried about hitting it). The rate is $139/night, which I know is not the cheapest available on the strip (or possibly even at TI depending on your hotel-fu), however do take into account that from extreme ends of the strip (Stratosphere/Hilton and Luxor/mandalay) it'll be about a $10-$15 cab ride one way to reach TI.

The main event will be Friday night this year. The cost this year is $75 in advance or $100 at the door. The link for registration is here: Vegas Fark Party 2012. Space is limited, and the link will close as soon as we hit the maximum.

We're also compiling a list of other pop-up events, including another Poker Tournament again, so if you have anything you like to do and would like to invite people to come join you, let Melissa (punkrockgirl) and Tony (Unfreakable) know that as well, along with when, where, any costs, and people limit. For example, if someone wants to organize a jaunt over to the Gun Store, the Atomic Testing Museum, the Pinball Hall of Fame or something similar, that could be fun. I'll be getting in on Thursday, so that's when the drinking starts.

First | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | » | Last | Show all

2012-02-09 09:31:29 AM
Why world and not universe?

2012-02-09 09:34:59 AM
Are you insane?

2012-02-09 09:37:12 AM
Can I get a kosher meal?

2012-02-09 09:38:41 AM
Woo! Can't wait.

2012-02-09 09:41:24 AM

2012-02-09 09:43:50 AM
I bought a time-share years ago from a guy right across the street from Treasure Island. Swell guy. It's like right off the main strip about a mile away.

I'll think about it.

2012-02-09 09:49:11 AM
I would love to go, but that's a bit of a schlep. Maybe if there's a Fark World Party in Manhattan in the future, I would go.

2012-02-09 10:05:26 AM

2012-02-09 10:17:44 AM

cackylacky: Thanks for working so hard on this, y'all! Last year was a lot of fun. I hope to see you there but if not I'll see you sometime! xo

You better be there, miss!

2012-02-09 10:29:16 AM

KingoftheCheese: Seriously considering going. Are there any details as to what the Friday night event is going to be yet?

Last year it was Drew leading things off, Bill Corbett of MST3K, unveiling of new Fark stuff, and Paul and Storm. This year we want to have all of that and more. Dinner is included and there will be two bars.

cman: Please reconsider your options so we can get better pricing. You are putting off a shiatload of people who would attend with this.

If the hotel cost is the only dealbreaker, by all means find the best deal you can. I checked CheapTickets just last night and saw a rate of $131 for that timeframe at Treasure Island, but with that rate the $20 resort fee gets tacked on automatically. There are surely better rates off-strip, but it was the general consensus that being on the strip was a better option overall and what most people preferred.

2012-02-09 10:32:59 AM

2012-02-09 10:33:40 AM
I'd love to go, but doubt I'll make it.

2012-02-09 10:38:07 AM

If you register online, it's $75. If you come to the door with cash, it's $100 if tickets are still available.

2012-02-09 10:40:14 AM

Unfreakable: KingoftheCheese: One more question. Is the $75 due at time of registration or when we get to the convention if we register in advance?

Word. Thank you, sir.

2012-02-09 10:56:17 AM
We're booked. See y'all there! Looking forward to it. :D :D

2012-02-09 11:05:09 AM
I'll be there on the wednesday. It was the cheapest option for my cheap canadian self :p

if anyone else is there early let me know!

/already registered for the convention portion

2012-02-09 11:07:33 AM
I'd absolutely love to, but for various reasons, I kinda doubt I'll be able to go.

Maybe, but it's pretty unlikely.

:-\

2012-02-09 11:11:38 AM
I'm registered for Friday. I guess this means I'm committed.

2012-02-09 11:11:46 AM

cman: Are you insane?

if you've been here for any length of time, you know the answer is "completely batsh*t"

2012-02-09 11:23:43 AM

I'm only going to do this if we have enough interest and if we can find a place to hold it. If anyone wants to help with logistics, I'd appreciate it--besides working full-time, my thesis is due right before Vegas, so I'm kinda busy. But I want to make this happen if there's interest. :-)

2012-02-09 11:27:36 AM

lady_nocturne: Nesler and I will be there, and we're bringing a friend with us. We're not staying at TI, but we'll be there Friday night.

I am probably not the best person to help plan but I'd definitely participate.

2012-02-09 11:29:23 AM

Dammit, I would totally join in for this :-\

2012-02-09 11:30:04 AM

lady_nocturne: I'm trying to get a pub quiz together for Saturday evening.

Consider me in.

2012-02-09 11:32:52 AM
I'm gonna be there this year, and I can't wait!

2012-02-09 11:37:33 AM
I'm in!

2012-02-09 11:38:33 AM

darkhorse23: I'm gonna be there this year, and I can't wait!

WOOHOO

2012-02-09 11:41:11 AM

picodenico: lady_nocturne: Also, I'm trying to get a pub quiz together for Saturday evening. There will be a team entry fee, but the entry fees will go toward prizes for the top 3 teams, and then rabiddog's daughter's scholarship fund.

Dammit, I would totally join in for this :-\

As with the poker tournament last year - I have no talents, so will be watching.

2012-02-09 11:43:45 AM

2012-02-09 11:44:51 AM

Tziva: I want go, but I am not entirely sure how to explain to the non-farker husband why this is a great idea.

It's Vegas. Drop him off at a strip club and he'll be fine.

2012-02-09 11:47:34 AM

vegaswench: It's Vegas. Drop him off at a strip club and he'll be fine.

yeah, it's vegas, who the fark cares.

2012-02-09 11:49:28 AM

vegaswench: It's Vegas. Drop him off at a strip club and he'll be fine.

If only that would work.

I think ASF should just come kidnap me. "Sorry honey, no time to talk, being kidnapped, see you Sunday."

2012-02-09 11:58:34 AM

2012-02-09 12:02:32 PM

Drew: Last year was an absolute blast. This years gonna be even better - new guest list for the main program will be announced next week sometime. We doubledowned on the wtf

it's more of a OMGWTFBBQ type of list? I like it already.

2012-02-09 12:03:12 PM

Third In Line: I'm in!

See you there!

2012-02-09 12:04:06 PM
I missed last year, but will be there this year!

lady_nocturne, put me down for pub trivia!

2012-02-09 12:05:04 PM

2012-02-09 12:06:52 PM

KingoftheCheese: I just found some cheap airfare. Looks like I can fly for just under $300 round trip. Looking more and more likely that I will be attending.

Airfare is down mid-week. Great time to schedule flights.

2012-02-09 12:07:25 PM
I will be there.

You bastards.

2012-02-09 12:08:28 PM
already booked.......MGM Grand, lmk if you need floor space, ladies.

2012-02-09 12:08:57 PM
Hmm... I have been threatening to go to Vegas lately...

2012-02-09 12:09:22 PM
i149.photobucket.com
Nerds! Everywhere the eye can see!

Welcome to the World Fark Party in Vegas, baby! Ah sh*t! Are those Canuckians?

2012-02-09 12:09:40 PM
Damn. Friday night might be tough this year. I'm still hoping to go though.

2012-02-09 12:10:11 PM
I will be with you in spirit only, alas.

2012-02-09 12:10:36 PM
Woo! I'll be commuting this year, but will be doing as much partying and such as I can.

2012-02-09 12:10:40 PM
Pour one out for me.

2012-02-09 12:10:55 PM
Hotel booked. Dear God, there's no turning back now.

For the event registration, what are people putting in the "Name as it would appear on the badge" field? Fark handle, I assume. Or first name in that field, Fark handle in the Company/Organization field. I NEED TO KNOW THESE THINGS.

2012-02-09 12:10:58 PM

oldfarthenry: Welcome to the World Fark Party in Vegas, baby! Ah sh*t! Are those Canuckians?

we glow a pasty beige in the vegas sun.

2012-02-09 12:12:13 PM

Raging Thespian: Hotel booked. Dear God, there's no turning back now.

I just put my fark handle, but I thought about putting "you will know me by my beard"

2012-02-09 12:12:14 PM
It's going to be a blast again this year! And lady_nocturne, count me in for the trivia too!

2012-02-09 12:12:19 PM

Flyin out of where? I can't find much less than 500 out of Minneapolis.

First | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | » | Last | Show all