Taliban solo albums, a note from the Applesauce Industry board, and a sweet $5.78 windfall: Fark's favorite Headlines of the Week for 6/26 - 7/2
Posted by Drew at 2011-07-05 3:48:45 PM (14 comments) | Permalink
• • •
3657 clicks; posted to Main » on 05 Jul 2011 at 4:00 PM (3 years ago) | | share: more»
Share this link:
Article Comments close
No update from Drew this week, enjoy the headlines.
Headlines Of The Week for Sun 2011-06-26 to Sat 2011-07-02:
L.A. unified schools issues new policy that says that only 10% of a student's grade will be based on homework. The other 90% will be based on their skill at rejecting teacher's sexual advances
The head count around US nuke plants is soaring. Populations, too
The Taliban in Pakistan splits up, citing creative differences, planned solo albums
28 bus riders sink into Bolivian
Air quality alert confuses New Jersey residents, who don't know what the words "air" and "quality" mean together
Prince Albert denies claims his fiancée tried to run away while he was in the can
Japanese utility shareholders vote to keep nuclear energy, despite giant wave of opposition
Money not necessarily key to happiness, according to economists who have never had to price check ramen noodles
Four guys rob Five Guys; turns out three of the four guys worked at Five Guys and now each need one guy to convince twelve other guys not to lock them up with 500 other guys
Tumor undergoes surgery to have a Chavez removed from around it
Experts say children account for 40 percent of all fireworks injuries, suggest parents remember that kids blow up so fast these days
Ex-lightweight champ Juan Diaz to study law at Dartmouth. Now happy to be going from boxers to briefs
U.S. Open officials accused of making golf course super easy to ensure low scores, increase TV ratings. PGA spokesman denies the accusations while standing near the 77-yard par 4
Formula 1 driver Mark Webber will be trained to fly Qantas jets. So much for "Qantas never crashes"
Whales, plankton migrate across Northwest Passage, proving it has reopened. Tea, spice and silk traders said to be ecstatic
Scientists finally finish sequencing Tasmanian devil DNA. There were no survivors
Cinnamon may help prevent Alzheimer's, says study funded by grant from Applesauce Industry Board
Britney Spears has a ticket-selling strategy... FOR ME TO GROUPON
Guy behind Chicago's doomed alternative radio station offers gold record from Radiohead's "OK Computer" if you kick in to publish book about the station's history. Story does not explain what a record--or a book--is
Arnold and Maria will each walk away from the marriage with about $200 million. After lawyers fees, that's a sweet $5.78 windfall
I've got this headline, and it's farking golden. And I, I'm just not giving it up for farking nothing
Bachmann: "President Obama fears me. He sees me as a serious, substantive competitor." Well, if that's true, clearly this Obama guy is absolutely nuts, and I can't imagine voting for him
President Obama will hold a rare press conference in the East Room at 11:30EDT. The East Room? Doesn't that face toward Mecca?
The head of the London Stock Exchange says the TMX talks are going well UP IN HERE, UP IN HERE
Congress considering giving oversight of investment advisers to Wall Street's own self-funded regulator. In other news, the Chicken Farmers of America have just signed a new security deal with International Fox
Googol bids Brun's constant, Meissel-Mertens constant and pi in auction for Nortel Networks. Their irrational plan to sine the deal failed as competitors converged to form union against them. Subby apologizes for going off on a tangent
This thread is closed to new comments.
Submit a Link »
In Other Media
Stories from our partner sites:
Warren Moon -- Tim Tebow Should End N...
Tracy Morgan -- Long Hard Recovery
Floyd Mayweather -- Not Sweating the...
Ricky Watters -- Richard Sherman Must...
More news at TMZ »
Why This Is the Super Bowl the NFL (A...
21 Super Bowl Commercials They Don't...
5 Things People Don't Understand Abou...
4 Important Rivalries Recreated as Su...
More news at Cracked »
Walt's Wild Men: LIFE Behind the Scen...
Brando Takes Broadway: LIFE on the Se...
Last Call: Prohibition and the Speake...
'It's a Wonderful Life': Rare Photos...
More news at Life »