Do you have adblock enabled?
The final Vegas World Fark Party update, and some of Fark's favorite Headlines Of The Week for 3/20 - 3/26
Posted by Drew at 2011-03-29 5:19:13 PM, edited 2011-03-29 6:09:34 PM (142 comments) | Permalink

2923 clicks; posted to Main » on 29 Mar 2011 at 6:00 PM (4 years ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

From Unfreakable:

No update from Drew this week, so we're just giving you a quick update on Las Vegas.

If you made plans to come but haven't registered, it's important that you do that as quickly as possible. Here is our Event Registration Page

Here is the basic schedule of events:

Thursday, Mar 31

For people arriving on the 31st, we're going to do a pub crawl on the Strip. It'll start at the bar at Treasure Island before heading south down Las Vegas Blvd to about the Bellagio, across the street to Paris, and then north, hitting bars along the strip on the other side of the street until we hit the Venetian in a big, staggering loop. I'm trying to coordinate this with witchydiva who had started this. She has a Facebook page for the Vegas Casino Crawl here: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=174951579223305

Friday, Apr 1

2PM - Treasure Island poker room

First event is the Fark Texas Hold 'Em tournament in the poker room at Treasure Island. There are limited seats, so if you haven't already told farker smells_like_meat that you're going, do so quickly. There will be a quick tutorial a half hour before the poker tournament begins for people who want to participate, but aren't familiar with Hold 'Em or would like a quick refresher.

6PM - Kahunaville - Treasure Island

The big party starts at 6PM, and it's scheduled for three hours. You can see the bar here: Kahunaville. Bring a spare drinking liver.

Saturday, Apr 2

In terms of formal events, the morning and afternoon are unscheduled. Different farkers are talking about making different trips, so this will let you get in with a group that might be doing something that interests you.

4PM-8PM - Treasure Island Ballroom AB

This is the sitdown event. We have a bit at the beginning, including a few words from Naskar's mother, Drew on the microphone, Joe Peacock, Paul and Storm, and Bill Corbett. Beyond that, we're going to keep it relaxed and let everybody mingle. For a lot of people, Saturday's the last night, so we want everybody to get to know everybody and have a good time.

So those are the basics. Can't wait to see you guys there.

Headlines Of The Week for Sun 2011-03-20 to Sat 2011-03-26:

[image from fark.com too old to be available]  Maryland Mansion destroyed in fire, still plans to release new album and tour later this year    [image from img.fark.net too old to be available]

[image from fark.com too old to be available]  Man who had sex with horses released from prison, considered stable    [image from img.fark.net too old to be available]

[image from fark.com too old to be available]  Woman hit and killed by monster truck. Funeral will be held on Sunday Sunday SUNDAY    [image from img.fark.net too old to be available]

[image from fark.com too old to be available]  Aircraft in Australia forced down by inchworms in the instruments. Was allowed to resume flight once mechanics swapped them out for centimeter worms    [image from img.fark.net too old to be available]

[image from fark.com too old to be available]  Captain Morgan's cannons found in Panama. Sink responsibly    [image from img.fark.net too old to be available]

[image from fark.com too old to be available]  Stray cat rescued from soup can was hypothermic but is making great progresso    [image from img.fark.net too old to be available]

[image from fark.com too old to be available]  Man uses divorce papers to burn down wife's beauty parlor. Split ends with permanent damage    [image from img.fark.net too old to be available]

[image from fark.com too old to be available]  Thief takes a condom machine from a sports bar. It must have been robbed for her pleasure    [image from img.fark.net too old to be available]

[image from fark.com too old to be available]  Not again / For God's sake / How much more / Can we take / Burma Quake    [image from img.fark.net too old to be available]

[image from fark.com too old to be available]  T☢ky☢ water still th☢ught t☢ be safe t☢ drink

[image from fark.com too old to be available]  Historians in Virginia and North Carolina are arguing over which state lost more troops in the War Between the Stats    [image from img.fark.net too old to be available]

Sports:

[image from fark.com too old to be available]  Mets' owners say that Madoff trustee's allegations regarding their knowledge of Madoff's scam are as accurate as Ollie Perez's pitches    [image from img.fark.net too old to be available]

[image from fark.com too old to be available]  India ends the Aussie cricket World Cup reign. You submitted this with a longer, more complex and passionate headline that nobody really understood    [image from img.fark.net too old to be available]

[image from fark.com too old to be available]  The last time a Duke was murdered like this, it started World War I. Duke sucks    [image from img.fark.net too old to be available]

Geek:

[image from fark.com too old to be available]  Researchers discover protein that protects the body from the toxic effects of alcohol. Is it buffalo wings? Please god let it be buffalo wings    [image from img.fark.net too old to be available]

[image from fark.com too old to be available]  Man does a 360 on a swing set while wearing a jet pack. That's a long way to go to settle a bet with Timmy Johnston from the second grade    [image from img.fark.net too old to be available]

[image from fark.com too old to be available]  Google delays Honeycomb; yeah, yeah, yeah. It's not on time; no, no, no    [image from img.fark.net too old to be available]

Showbiz:

[image from fark.com too old to be available]  Elizabeth Hurley is 45. Elizabeth Hurley's ass is 23    [image from img.fark.net too old to be available]

[image from fark.com too old to be available]  After his little temper tantrum on GMA, Chris Brown apologizes, saying he is disappointed in himself and that dressing room just walked into a door    [image from img.fark.net too old to be available]

[image from fark.com too old to be available]  "Fringe" renewed for season 4. Suck it, Friday night and your delicious strawberry-flavored death slot    [image from img.fark.net too old to be available]

Politics:

[image from fark.com too old to be available]  Tim Pawlenty becomes the latest white guy who thinks he can beat a Kenyan in a race    [image from img.fark.net too old to be available]

[image from fark.com too old to be available]  Knock knock. Who's there? Orange. Orange who? John Boehner writes a letter to Obama about Libya    [image from img.fark.net too old to be available]

[image from fark.com too old to be available]  Administration helpfully explains that what's happening in Libya isn't war, it's "kinetic military action." Widespread noncooperative terminal reduction in biodynamics is hell    [image from img.fark.net too old to be available]

Music:

[image from fark.com too old to be available]  Britney Spears' employees must sign non-disclosure agreement saying they won't provide Britney with drugs, alcohol, or any clothes that a normal person might wear    [image from img.fark.net too old to be available]

[image from fark.com too old to be available]  Michael Stipe writes all of R.E.M.'s songs on his iPhone, which would explain such hits as Call Dropped, Weak Signal Blues, and GODDAMMIT I CAN'T CLEAN THESE FINGERPRINTS (reprise)    [image from img.fark.net too old to be available]

[image from fark.com too old to be available]  Rebecca Black says she'll donate all the profits from her terrifying single Friday to Japanese relief efforts. This news brought to you on Thursday, the day before Friday    [image from img.fark.net too old to be available]

Business:

[image from fark.com too old to be available]  IRS says Florida leads the nation in the number of false returns filed from prison ... at least that's the con census    [image from img.fark.net too old to be available]

[image from fark.com too old to be available]  AT&T is getting married to T-Mobile. There will be no reception afterwards    [image from img.fark.net too old to be available]

[image from fark.com too old to be available]  Japanese auto manufacturing is starting to come back online after quake/tsunami/nuke disasters. Here come the Scions    [image from img.fark.net too old to be available]
(view entire blog)

First | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | » | Last | Show all

2011-03-29 05:24:35 PM
There's a Vegas party coming up? WHY WASN'T I INFORMED!?!

2011-03-29 05:26:07 PM
Kahunaville sucks.

2011-03-29 05:27:13 PM
Yeehaw.

2011-03-29 05:31:29 PM
This better not be an April Folls joke.

2011-03-29 05:31:49 PM
Going to "Vegas World"?

sniggle.net

2011-03-29 05:35:02 PM
How come this Fark party in particular has had so many threads?.

2011-03-29 05:35:37 PM

rodeofrog: Kahunaville sucks.

Wow. You are so cool. You can act like your better than everyone

/not going to Vegas
//doesn't care
///hates douchebags

2011-03-29 05:36:38 PM
MST3K Bill Corbett?

2011-03-29 05:37:09 PM
MEANWHILE IN VEGAS

3.bp.blogspot.com

2011-03-29 05:37:44 PM
Vegas Casino/Bar Crawl:
https://www.facebook DOT com/event.php?eid=174951579223305

Fark won't let a Facebook link be posted, since you have to be a member of FB to access it. I know a bunch of people will be joining the crawl late, so if you want to come, have any questions, and don't use FB - shoot me an email (my username @ultrafark.com and I'll be happy to give you my phone number so we can coordinate by text/call if we need to that night.

2011-03-29 05:38:03 PM

Chupacabra Sandwich: ///hates douchebags

Wow. You are so cool. You can act like you're better than them. You sure

Kicked.
Their.
Asses.

2011-03-29 05:38:04 PM
wow, sounds good, you kids have fun now!

2011-03-29 05:39:51 PM
Hey punkrockgirl can I play in your poker tourney?

2011-03-29 05:40:47 PM
Vegas Casino/Bar Crawl event page:

https://www.facebook DOT com/event.php?eid=174951579223305

/embiggened to annoy bitter people

2011-03-29 05:41:16 PM
I'll have my phone with me for Thursday night. If you get in and want to join the group, send me a text and I'll tell you where we are at.

Looking forward to seeing everyone! Woohoo Vegas! I'll be there in 2 and half hours :)

2011-03-29 05:42:03 PM

smells_like_meat: Hey punkrockgirl can I play in your poker tourney?

Yeah wait, which of the two of you do I speak to to secure a spot in the tourney?

2011-03-29 05:43:44 PM
Once again we should all thank NewportBarGuy for letting the Duke headline see green. Kudos to you, sir, and Kudos again.

2011-03-29 05:44:32 PM

smells_like_meat: Hey punkrockgirl can I play in your poker tourney?

You're probably thinking that's the first time she's heard that...
:P

2011-03-29 05:44:45 PM

2011-03-29 05:47:43 PM
bookmarking for later.
writing an article on your crazies. :D

2011-03-29 05:48:33 PM
Sarcastica75: bookmarking for later.
writing an article on your crazies. :D

"Handsome playa has the ladies swooning in the city of sin."

2011-03-29 05:49:24 PM

Melissa has a list, I believe. I need to have her add me to it as well. Y'all will kick my ass, because I have about 50 really obvious tells

2011-03-29 05:49:58 PM
Unless a miracle happens between now and thursday AM, looks like I won't be there :(

2011-03-29 05:50:17 PM

YouWinAgainGravity: Sarcastica75: bookmarking for later.
writing an article on your crazies. :D

"Handsome playa Drunken midget has the ladies swooning in running away from the city of sin."

FTFY :D.

2011-03-29 05:50:58 PM
CygnusDarius: YouWinAgainGravity: Sarcastica75: bookmarking for later.
writing an article on your crazies. :D

FTFY :D.

I'M NOT SHORT I'M SMALL-BONED

2011-03-29 05:51:55 PM
So sad to be missing this one. nfkiller is already enroute and has only caused on minor "incident" involving authorities. It happened while he was still in Canada so I don't think it qualifies as an "international incident"...Here's hoping he causes one.

Y'all have fun eh?

2011-03-29 05:52:23 PM

Sarcastica75: bookmarking for later.
writing an article on your crazies. :D

Should I bring my Ward jersey? Y/N

2011-03-29 05:57:28 PM

YouWinAgainGravity: CygnusDarius: YouWinAgainGravity: Sarcastica75: bookmarking for later.
writing an article on your crazies. :D

FTFY :D.

I'M NOT SHORT I'M SMALL-BONED

Look, Frodo, if you keep that up, I'll make your head go a few inches closer to the ground.

/Not that I'm that tall
//But I am taller than you >:D

2011-03-29 05:59:47 PM

smells_like_meat: Hey punkrockgirl can I play in your poker tourney?

yeah.. I saw this and just sent her an email????

2011-03-29 06:00:04 PM

smells_like_meat: Hey punkrockgirl can I play in your poker tourney?

Hahaha! Oh man.

Unfreakable: YouWinAgainGravity: Are there two poker tournaments or is this the same one mentioned before? Is there a list of who's attending?

Nope, I've got nothing to do with it besides playing in it. Farker smells_like_meat is the one to talk to. He did all the legwork and did an awesome job setting it all up.

2011-03-29 06:01:23 PM

punkrockgirl: smells_like_meat: Hey punkrockgirl can I play in your poker tourney?

Hahaha! Oh man.

Then change the headline. My inbox is exploding.

2011-03-29 06:01:28 PM

drkdstryer: Sarcastica75: bookmarking for later.
writing an article on your crazies. :D

Should I bring my Ward jersey? Y/N

Y

WHAR MAH HANDSOME PLAYAH AT WHAR

YouWinAgainGravity: Sarcastica75: bookmarking for later.
writing an article on your crazies. :D

"Handsome playa has the ladies swooning in the city of sin."

THAR!
*TACKLE*

2011-03-29 06:03:01 PM

punkrockgirl: Farker smells_like_meat is the one to talk to

then please ignore my last email to you :)

2011-03-29 06:03:46 PM

real shaman: punkrockgirl: Farker smells_like_meat is the one to talk to

then please ignore my last email to you :)

never mind...

see ya soon...

2011-03-29 06:03:59 PM
Sweet.

2011-03-29 06:06:28 PM

smells_like_meat: Then change the headline. My inbox is exploding.

Yep, he's on it, give him a minute though.

2011-03-29 06:10:10 PM
smells is meat:

i emailed you, wanted to make sure i'm on the list

2011-03-29 06:15:16 PM

smells_like_meat: My inbox is exploding.

that's what she said

2011-03-29 06:18:30 PM

real shaman: real shaman: punkrockgirl: Farker smells_like_meat is the one to talk to

then please ignore my last email to you :)

never mind...

see ya soon...

Oh man, you'll be there too? Sweet, I can buy you a drink or two as thanks for the TF a few months back! :D

2011-03-29 06:18:32 PM
I think the tutorial starts at 1:30 also, if I'm not mistaken. Not that there's anything Farkers need a tutorial on;)

2011-03-29 06:24:52 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

2011-03-29 06:25:19 PM
ive consdiered wearing a disguise so no one knows its me, but i figure if y'all dont wear disguises that f*cks up my plan.

2011-03-29 06:26:02 PM
Does anyone know if NewportBarGuy is going, so we can reward him with drinks for being cool over the Duke headline?

2011-03-29 06:30:02 PM
I'm over it.

2011-03-29 06:33:01 PM

2011-03-29 06:35:09 PM

im a lurker and im going so i think youd probably be okay too

2011-03-29 06:38:05 PM

It's a Fark party, if you have a Fark account you're invited.

2011-03-29 06:38:38 PM

WhyteRaven74: JsnRunner: Are long time lurkers invited? I want in on the poker tourney and I'll be in Vegas this weekend.

It's a Fark party, if you have a Fark account you're invited.

i was invited six times

2011-03-29 06:43:29 PM

Hyperbolic Hyperbole: i was invited six times

heh heh heh