Fark gets an unofficial mention in Toy Story 3, results of the East Bay Fark Party, and Fark's favorite Headlines of the Week for 6/13 - 6/19
Posted by Drew at 2010-06-22 2:13:46 PM (62 comments) | Permalink

12496 clicks; posted to Main » on 22 Jun 2010 at 2:17 PM (4 years ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

Some random quick notes:

So it appears that someone in Pixar managed to slip a Fark mention into Toy Story 3. I know some folks over there, so I asked them to make sure it wasn't just an accident. Their answer was that they can't officially confirm it. So I'll take that as a yes. Thanks for that guys. I was able to point it out to Storm and Chance when we saw the movie yesterday. Actually Storm caught it first, he's quite the reading machine these days. I plan to start teaching him server administration next summer.

The East Bay Fark Party this saturday was a blast, fun was had by all. Luckily my phone was confiscated by Joe Peacock before I could tweet/FB out too many ALL CAPS messages to everyone. Also in case you were wondering, it's a lot harder for me to mess with Fark's configuration via phone, so don't expect a lot of iPhone-fueled drunken rampages in the near future or anything.

I'm planning on watching the US World Cup game somewhere in Lexington on Wednesday, but I'm still not 100% sure right now where I'll be going. I only recently discovered the amazing burgers at Two Keys so that's one possibility, however they don't open til 11am. That being said I watched Mexico vs South Africa in there two weeks ago and the bartender said come back anytime. If anyone wants to join please drop me an email (drew[nospam-﹫-backwards]kr­af­*com).

Headlines Of The Week for Sun 2010-06-13 to Sat 2010-06-19:

ssl.fark.com  Nearly 5,000 pounds of marijuana mixed with broccoli seized at Texas border. Agents ordered the noxious plant destroyed, while the pot was kept as evidence    img.fark.net

ssl.fark.com  Nearly 1,000 polaroids that Ansel Adams took of Yosemite to be auctioned off at Sotheby's now that they've finally developed    img.fark.net

ssl.fark.com  Mummified remains of man found in chimney. Cause of death not determined, investigators expect to rule out flue    img.fark.net

ssl.fark.com  Authorities seek help identifying drowning man. Well duh, he's the one bobbing in the water and waving his hands    img.fark.net

ssl.fark.com  Two weeks ago: Thomas Kinkade, "Painter of Light." Last week: Thomas Kinkade, "Filer of Bankruptcy." Today: Thomas Kinkade, "Driver of Drunk"    img.fark.net

ssl.fark.com  Ryan Seacrest's stalker sentenced to two years in prison and a lifetime of questionable taste    img.fark.net

ssl.fark.com  12 arrested after blocking traffic in immigration protest, still able to build patio deck and retaining wall before being taken away    img.fark.net

ssl.fark.com  Former British official describes the French language as "useless." De Gaulle of some people    img.fark.net

ssl.fark.com  Sofa king dead    img.fark.net

ssl.fark.com  Pot smoking can worsen schizophrenia, but it beats smoking alone    img.fark.net

ssl.fark.com  A former member of the KKK is playing a key role in restoring the Gulf. Vows to have the beaches white again in no time    img.fark.net

Sports:

ssl.fark.com  North Korea beats Brazil 2-1 on the amazing play of Kim Jong-Il, who had three goals, hit a grand slam, rushed for 190 yards and three touchdowns, and threw a perfect game    img.fark.net

ssl.fark.com  Mexico beats France in an upset. This is not a repeat from 1862    img.fark.net

ssl.fark.com  United States ties Slovenia 3-2    img.fark.net

Geek:

ssl.fark.com  Report states that 61% of kids have had negative online experiences that left them upset, angry or afraid. Recommends that they should stay out of Fark political threads    img.fark.net

ssl.fark.com  New Civilization V screenshots show battle scenes and some of the units that will fight them. It does not show; however, when ten archers defeat a tank and Subby has to go outside and have a smoke in order not to destroy his computer    img.fark.net

ssl.fark.com  British health advisor recommends giving twenty five year olds sex education, but class sizes should be no bigger than that    img.fark.net

Showbiz:

ssl.fark.com  Paris Hilton bonds with Jersey Shore's Snooki during MTV Movie Awards after an intense debate over the relationship between light and color in Baroque-era oil paintings, specifically in Caravaggio's The Raising of Lazarus    img.fark.net

ssl.fark.com  Calista Flockhart: "I do." Harrison Ford: "I know"    img.fark.net

ssl.fark.com  Psychic cancels gig due to 'unforeseen circumstances'. This is not a repeat from next week    img.fark.net

Politics:

ssl.fark.com  Michelle Bachman thinks that Obama's escrow acount plan is socialist because it redistributes wealth. From the people who destroyed people's livlihoods to those who were damaged, but still    img.fark.net

ssl.fark.com  If you want to throw some of your money away, you can now buy the Al Franken comic book. Or you can vote for him again in five years, and he'll throw it away for you    img.fark.net

ssl.fark.com  Radical cleric calls for the creation of an Islamic United States, not realizing that it already happened in November 2008    img.fark.net

Music:

ssl.fark.com  Bachman-Turner Underage    img.fark.net

ssl.fark.com  Noel Gallagher is trying his hand at gardening flowers, fruits, and vegetables, giving him a new chance to overproduce    img.fark.net

ssl.fark.com  Ke$ha gives people "dog shiat" as presents. So...copies of her album, then?    img.fark.net

Business:

ssl.fark.com  The number of American millionaires increased 15% in 2009, and they now control 55.2% of the nation's wealth. In other news, bread trading halted; cake futures down; pitchfork, torch, and rope contracts rising sharply    img.fark.net

ssl.fark.com  BP's Chairman says he's extremely sorry about his use of the term "small people" and would like to sincerely apologize to any plebians or peasants that were offended by it    img.fark.net

ssl.fark.com  Goldman Sachs office infested with blood-sucking parasites. It also has bed bugs    img.fark.net
(view entire blog)

First | « | 1 | 2 | » | Last | Show all

2010-06-22 02:19:21 PM
Which...is....?

2010-06-22 02:19:48 PM
Woody reveals his large dangling balls at some point?

2010-06-22 02:20:15 PM
Oh, right, Woody was talking about my undies.

2010-06-22 02:20:54 PM
Now I have to watch the movie I guess. My 2 year old is wearing my out on the 1st one.

2010-06-22 02:21:34 PM

2010-06-22 02:21:40 PM
and to find the reference you have to watch Toy Story 3 a brazzilian times...

2010-06-22 02:21:40 PM
I hope it wasn't part of the politics tab.

2010-06-22 02:21:50 PM
It was great having you & the Fark Cadre at the party!

2010-06-22 02:21:53 PM
Well, now I have to see the movie.
/if I blink will I miss it?

2010-06-22 02:22:18 PM
Marla Singer's Laundry: Which...is....?

2010-06-22 02:22:26 PM
At least it wasn't a 4chan reference....

2010-06-22 02:22:29 PM
That is freakin' sweet!

/now, what is it?

2010-06-22 02:22:51 PM
TooToughToDie: Well, now I have to see the movie.
/if I blink will I miss it?

Mr. Potatohead calls Phil a cock-strangler in genuine irritation.

2010-06-22 02:23:48 PM
Great movie, but I missed the Fark reference. It may have been when there was some dust in my eye during one of the final scenes.

2010-06-22 02:23:57 PM
Genevieve Marie: Marla Singer's Laundry: Which...is....?

It's a note on the bulletin board in one scene- says "3:30 at Fark"

Maybe the toys are recruiting for separatist rebel groups and they spelled it wrong...?

2010-06-22 02:24:36 PM
Considering I won't be seeing a kids movie...guess I won't get the reference.

2010-06-22 02:24:36 PM
Genevieve Marie: Marla Singer's Laundry: Which...is....?

Screengrab required, stat!

2010-06-22 02:25:12 PM
Genevieve Marie: Marla Singer's Laundry: Which...is....?

It's a note on the bulletin board in one scene- says "3:30 at Fark"

Ok so what does that mean?

2010-06-22 02:27:04 PM
slinky-dog and Mr potato head get into a heated dispute and Woody tells them to 'take it to the Politics tab'

2010-06-22 02:28:33 PM

/troll-tastic!

2010-06-22 02:28:38 PM
Genevieve Marie: Well, I suppose teaching Storm server administration is one way to fix the beer on the servers issue. Good call!

Drew's from Kentucky. Do you really think Storm isn't drinking yet?

2010-06-22 02:28:54 PM
Psumek: Genevieve Marie: Marla Singer's Laundry: Which...is....?

It's a note on the bulletin board in one scene- says "3:30 at Fark"

Ok so what does that mean?

We'll find out in an hour.

2010-06-22 02:29:18 PM
Tofino: Genevieve Marie: Marla Singer's Laundry: Which...is....?

Screengrab required, stat!

Someone posted one in this thread: Link (new window)

2010-06-22 02:29:28 PM
They mentioned Kane, PA in the movie?

2010-06-22 02:29:32 PM
A dentist takes a massive dump on the entire cast?

2010-06-22 02:29:36 PM
Psumek: Genevieve Marie: Marla Singer's Laundry: Which...is....?

It's a note on the bulletin board in one scene- says "3:30 at Fark"

Ok so what does that mean?

It means I am eating a burrito and it is delicious.

2010-06-22 02:30:43 PM
Wrong_Intentions: Psumek: Genevieve Marie: Marla Singer's Laundry: Which...is....?

It's a note on the bulletin board in one scene- says "3:30 at Fark"

Ok so what does that mean?

We'll find out in an hour.

Well played

2010-06-22 02:31:32 PM
Shrek rapes Dumbledore?

2010-06-22 02:31:34 PM
Genevieve Marie: Marla Singer's Laundry: Which...is....?

It's a note on the bulletin board in one scene- says "3:30 at Fark"

Cool, I'll have to see it now so that I can point it out to my wife......so she can roll her eyes.

2010-06-22 02:32:21 PM
Jackson Herring: A dentist takes a massive dump on the entire cast?

Or boobiejacks a TFD thread?

2010-06-22 02:32:29 PM

Wow, you're so sophisticated. I wish I could be like you!

2010-06-22 02:33:21 PM
Click here to see the reference.

For some reason it wouldn't show up in-line (stupid throw-away error)

2010-06-22 02:34:47 PM
basemetal: Genevieve Marie: Marla Singer's Laundry: Which...is....?

media2.slashfilm.com

Looks like Fark to me.

2010-06-22 02:35:03 PM
top is cropped off, but it says
3:30
at (F)Park

i96.photobucket.com

2010-06-22 02:35:10 PM

2010-06-22 02:35:45 PM
abhorrent1: I just saw the coolest thing evar! But I'm not gonna share with anyone what it is.

/troll-tastic!

I'm too used to frustration to even give a nibble.
/walks away

2010-06-22 02:36:35 PM
Psumek

so close....

2010-06-22 02:36:42 PM
Talon: Click here to see the reference.

For some reason it wouldn't show up in-line (stupid throw-away error)

Thanks!

2010-06-22 02:39:12 PM
Psumek: basemetal: Genevieve Marie: Marla Singer's Laundry: Which...is....?

[media2.slashfilm.com image 550x398]

Looks like Fark to me.

Honestly, it looks like Park to me... where there was a gap as the pen was writing. However, because this is animation, that gap must have been intentional.

I think it may have been a shot out to fark since they intentionally put that gap in there to make the P look like an F, but it is "supposed" to look like "3:30 at Park" for the rest of the viewing audience.

2010-06-22 02:40:12 PM
Psumek: basemetal: Genevieve Marie: Marla Singer's Laundry: Which...is....?

Looks like Fark to me.

Awesome.

2010-06-22 02:40:46 PM
Talon: Click here to see the reference.

For some reason it wouldn't show up in-line (stupid throw-away error)

Cool, thanks. Fun list of hidden stuff, there.

2010-06-22 02:42:15 PM

I actually caught that. It's a sticker on his toy box and it says "Tigers".

2010-06-22 02:43:04 PM
Does that mean Andy was going to Clemson?

2010-06-22 02:46:05 PM
4.bp.blogspot.com

What server administration may look like...

/hot

2010-06-22 02:46:12 PM
TOTORO!!!!

2010-06-22 02:47:11 PM
aevert: Apparently Clemson gets a shout out in the form of a tiger paw sticker on Andy's toy box. I've yet to see the movie but this is now two things to make sure I see.fark Clemson, go USC.

One of those rivalries where you can hate a school even if no one in your family ever went to either school; and even if you had finished high school and stayed in that state you most likely would have gone to the school you hate in order to get the major you want.

2010-06-22 02:48:11 PM

Wow, you're so sophisticated. I wish I could be like you!

LOL...really?

Must be a long day at work huh? Try drugs, I hear they work wonders.

2010-06-22 02:52:08 PM
ha, a movie about dolls references fark.

2010-06-22 02:52:38 PM

Wow, you're so sophisticated. I wish I could be like you!

LOL...really?

Must be a long day at work huh? Try drugs, I hear they work wonders.

I've tried drugs, but nothing gets me high enough that a well-made movie, because it's suitable for children, is beneath me.

2010-06-22 03:02:37 PM
MonkeyAngst: CrazyCracka420: MonkeyAngst: CrazyCracka420: Considering I won't be seeing a kids movie...guess I won't get the reference.

Wow, you're so sophisticated. I wish I could be like you!

LOL...really?

Must be a long day at work huh? Try drugs, I hear they work wonders.

Oh and the actual statement comes out. Try not being passive aggressive, it will make your point a lot more clear.

I never said the movie was beneath me, just that I wasn't going to watch it. You infer a lot from a simple statement. I'm an adult, the movie is for children. I've seen and enjoyed lots of children's movies (as an adult and a child), that doesn't mean that I go out of my way to view them. The thing that I was more referring to, was that it was kind of a dick move not to post what the reference was (considering we're adults here, and the movie is oriented towards children).

Have a great day, try to find a reason to be happy, or else what are you doing waking up every day?

First | « | 1 | 2 | » | Last | Show all