Do you have adblock enabled?
 
If you can read this, either the style sheet didn't load or you have an older browser that doesn't support style sheets. Try clearing your browser cache and refreshing the page.

(CBS4Denver - KCNC)   Test results could take several weeks to figure out what factors led to Daniel Hoh's death. I'm not a doctor, but my money is on snake bite   ( denver.cbslocal.com) divider line
    More: Scary, Rattlesnake, CBS4 Mountain Newsroom, steamboat springs, Steamboat Springs community, wrong time, Mount Galbraith trail, 31-year-old endurance athlete, Hohs  
•       •       •

1230 clicks; posted to Sports » on 12 Oct 2017 at 1:20 AM (9 weeks ago)   |   Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»



7 Comments     (+0 »)
 
View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest
 
2017-10-11 11:04:59 PM  
Yeah, rattlesnake bites don't kill people too often. An elevated heart rate probably didn't help him as it pumped the venom around his system, but it's still pretty unusual.
 
2017-10-12 02:37:34 AM  
I initially read that as 'Daniel Tosh's death". Now I am disappointed.
 
2017-10-12 02:47:18 AM  
"There is nothing to say he wasn't at the wrong place at the wrong time. He was at the right place at the wrong time. There just happened to be a rattle snake in his path," said Waters.

Thanks for clearing that up Mr. Waters. Now that we've got out of the way, did any notice the connection to Mr. Waters and the subject of the story, Mr. Hohs? Because if not, I'll just tell you that Hydrogen Hydroxide (HOH) is an alt for this deadly dihydrogen monoxide that everyone seems to be so worried about.
 
2017-10-12 02:52:50 AM  
sure blame the sneks they have been spending a fortune on getting the word out...
img.fark.netView Full Size
 
2017-10-12 07:03:19 AM  
Wow man.  That sucks.
 
2017-10-12 10:09:43 AM  
One of the dangers of running with headphones on.
 
2017-10-12 03:53:35 PM  
If it's a rattlesnake bite, he most likely died due to the neurotoxins in the venom shutting down his nervous system, thereby leading to him stopping breathing. The hemotoxins might have caused tissue damage and hemorrhaging, but I'm guessing he died first from not breathing and not from massive internal bleeding leading to organ failure.
Of course, this all depends on the age of the snake, the species, and other factors not listed in the article.
 
Displayed 7 of 7 comments

View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest

This thread is closed to new comments.

Continue Farking

On Twitter





Top Commented
Javascript is required to view headlines in widget.
  1. Links are submitted by members of the Fark community.

  2. When community members submit a link, they also write a custom headline for the story.

  3. Other Farkers comment on the links. This is the number of comments. Click here to read them.

  4. Click here to submit a link.

Report