If you can read this, either the style sheet didn't load or you have an older browser that doesn't support style sheets. Try clearing your browser cache and refreshing the page.

(Huffington Post)   Good news: You may finally get trickled down on   (huffingtonpost.com) divider line 91
    More: Unlikely  
•       •       •

8758 clicks; posted to Main » on 11 Jun 2014 at 12:49 PM (7 weeks ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»



91 Comments   (+0 »)
   
View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest

First | « | 1 | 2 | » | Last | Show all
 
2014-06-11 11:18:25 AM
Good news for those who've be lining up, waiting on the trickle down. Finally something's up, but it's been taking time to get around.

/obscure?
 
2014-06-11 12:18:30 PM
i actually got a raise and a bonus yesterday, so i'm getting a kick, etc.

/still think supply-side economic theory is bullshiat.
 
2014-06-11 12:52:37 PM
Chances of this happening: minus infinity.

Chances of minus infinity actually being a real number: Still greater than the chances of your boss giving you a raise when there's still room left in his own pocket, and bigger-pocketed pants available for him to buy.
 
2014-06-11 12:54:01 PM
I finally  got trickled down on last Friday.  After about 2.5 years of stagnancy.

Really, I was just glad I had a good job that I like with people I like and that nobody got laid off.
 
2014-06-11 12:54:02 PM
So, R Kelly is now the President?
 
2014-06-11 12:56:06 PM
Wait, that chart that shows wage stagnation actually shows wages have been going up about 2% a year since 2010/2011, right?  Or can I just not read graphs?
 
2014-06-11 12:56:12 PM

Cold_Sassy: I finally  got trickled down on last Friday.  After about 2.5 years of stagnancy.

Really, I was just glad I had a good job that I like with people I like and that nobody got laid off.


I was there years ago. Now I've dusted off my resume and am looking for something better.

/2.5 years? Luxury!
 
2014-06-11 12:56:38 PM

Crewmannumber6: So, R Kelly is now the President?


Golden Parachute Shower is more like it.
 
2014-06-11 12:56:55 PM
that's my fetish.
 
2014-06-11 12:57:37 PM

gweilo8888: Chances of this happening: minus infinity.

Chances of minus infinity actually being a real number: Still greater than the chances of your boss giving you a raise when there's still room left in his own pocket, and bigger-pocketed pants available for him to buy.


Hey, that's way too harsh. We've come a long way as a civilization in the last 700 years. Nowadays, serfs and slaves are allowed to pick their lords and masters.
 
2014-06-11 12:57:48 PM
What if you get the shaft before the trickle?
 
2014-06-11 12:58:01 PM
unavailable for comment
videos.videopress.com
 
2014-06-11 12:58:13 PM
I'll care when the top 1% put 10% of their 90% back in play in the above ground economy instead of shoving it up their collective asses for the yearly P&L dick waving contest.  "Here's most of the raise you should have gotten 3 years ago" doesn't cut it.
 
2014-06-11 12:58:17 PM
Most escorts charge extra for that.  The ones who specialize in fetish sessions don't, but they usually cost more upfront anyway.

Once that happens, though you can be pretty sure she's not a cop.
 
2014-06-11 12:58:47 PM

Aidan: Cold_Sassy: I finally  got trickled down on last Friday.  After about 2.5 years of stagnancy.

Really, I was just glad I had a good job that I like with people I like and that nobody got laid off.

I was there years ago. Now I've dusted off my resume and am looking for something better.

/2.5 years? Luxury!


Well, good luck.  I don't think things are  that great, but go ahead and go for it.
 
2014-06-11 12:58:49 PM
I thought I felt rain.
 
2014-06-11 12:59:42 PM

skinink: What if you get the shaft before the trickle?


I think it means you're farked.
 
2014-06-11 01:01:45 PM
The idea is that when companies have jobs to fill, they'll pay up to fill them.

Bullshiat. When companies have jobs to fill, they just eliminate the vacant positions altogether and whip the remaining employees a little harder, so profits go up.
 
2014-06-11 01:03:24 PM
Great, so basically since the depression the work environment has swung so much in the favor of big business that they can work you harder and pay you sh*t. Only now the free market has gotten to the point it's balanced out so the business worker relationship is somewhat equal.

I'm all for capitalism for the human animal, but these huge economic pits have got to stop. When you can't change jobs because no one in the economy is hiring you're basically a slave to your financial and healthcare situation.  The company knows it owns your ass and works you accordingly.
 
2014-06-11 01:04:00 PM
That graph looks suspiciously like the global warming graph.

Forget being trickled on. Stock up the hurricane shelter, board up the windows and batten down the hatches.
 
2014-06-11 01:04:56 PM

Amish Tech Support: you're basically a slave to your financial and healthcare situation


That IS American capitalism.
 
2014-06-11 01:05:34 PM
The article reads like a Fark global warming thread.

I can't read graph.
 
2014-06-11 01:06:12 PM
Approves

31.media.tumblr.com
 
2014-06-11 01:06:33 PM

CruJones: Wait, that chart that shows wage stagnation actually shows wages have been going up about 2% a year since 2010/2011, right?  Or can I just not read graphs?



I think that is because wages that barely keep up with inflation are considered stagnant.

b-i.forbesimg.com
 
2014-06-11 01:06:50 PM
I was just notified yesterday that we get a 3% wage increase at the end of this business calendar. Awesome timing for this article.
 
2014-06-11 01:08:18 PM

Amish Tech Support: Great, so basically since the depression the work environment has swung so much in the favor of big business that they can work you harder and pay you sh*t. Only now the free market has gotten to the point it's balanced out so the business worker relationship is somewhat equal.

I'm all for capitalism for the human animal, but these huge economic pits have got to stop. When you can't change jobs because no one in the economy is hiring you're basically a slave to your financial and healthcare situation.  The company knows it owns your ass and works you accordingly.


So then, why are you for capitalism? What you described is the logical progression of that economic system. And with winners and losers in the economy, the winners will always use their power to stack the deck in their favor.

If you support capitalism you support extreme inequality, bottom line.
 
2014-06-11 01:10:27 PM
this is why you marry a rich person.
 
2014-06-11 01:11:41 PM
What is it subby? Did you hear a zipper?
 
2014-06-11 01:11:56 PM
Just changed jobs for a 40% raise, a better job, and better benefits, so getting a kick. Had to move to the west coast though.
/Fark you right to work laws, ruining my state.
 
2014-06-11 01:12:40 PM

wesmon: If you support capitalism you support extreme inequality, bottom line.


Capitalism works just fine.

So does socialism.  So does communism.  Different band aids for different booboos.  T'was ever thus.

Please tell your congresshack that none of them work well without the other and, btw, stripping the paint off the walls every 10 years and telling the serfs it's their patriotic duty to replace it isn't capitalism.  That's feudalism.

Monothematic ideologies are like planting the same crop in the same field every year.  People worked out it's a sh*tty idea already.
 
2014-06-11 01:13:16 PM
Wages aren't going up any time soon, and here's why:
i.imgur.com

Notice a trend on the rightmost 4 lines?  We're boned.
 
2014-06-11 01:14:09 PM

bunner: I'll care when the top 1% put 10% of their 90% back in play in the above ground economy instead of shoving it up their collective asses for the yearly P&L dick waving contest.  "Here's most of the raise you should have gotten 3 years ago" doesn't cut it.


Curiously, do you make more than $32,000/year, including benefits?  If so, congratulations!  You are in the top 1% globally.  So how much do you give back to the other 99%?
 
2014-06-11 01:14:38 PM

IrateShadow: Wages aren't going up any time soon, and here's why:
[i.imgur.com image 850x551]

Notice a trend on the rightmost 4 lines?  We're boned.


Wow, they stole way more than usual, this time.
 
2014-06-11 01:15:32 PM

Itstoearly: bunner: I'll care when the top 1% put 10% of their 90% back in play in the above ground economy instead of shoving it up their collective asses for the yearly P&L dick waving contest.  "Here's most of the raise you should have gotten 3 years ago" doesn't cut it.

Curiously, do you make more than $32,000/year, including benefits?  If so, congratulations!  You are in the top 1% globally.  So how much do you give back to the other 99%?


True! I'm doing better than a bushman in africa.  I should shut up and count my blessings!  And thank my corporate masters!
 
2014-06-11 01:17:06 PM

Itstoearly: bunner: I'll care when the top 1% put 10% of their 90% back in play in the above ground economy instead of shoving it up their collective asses for the yearly P&L dick waving contest.  "Here's most of the raise you should have gotten 3 years ago" doesn't cut it.

Curiously, do you make more than $32,000/year, including benefits?  If so, congratulations!  You are in the top 1% globally.  So how much do you give back to the other 99%?


Send me a dollar now for a [WE'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE SOMALIA] bumper sticker.

Hey, I feed homeless people, give money to the destitute when I can.  And I ain't got sh*t.  Wanna talk about scale?  I ain't busy.
 
2014-06-11 01:17:12 PM

Itstoearly: bunner: I'll care when the top 1% put 10% of their 90% back in play in the above ground economy instead of shoving it up their collective asses for the yearly P&L dick waving contest.  "Here's most of the raise you should have gotten 3 years ago" doesn't cut it.

Curiously, do you make more than $32,000/year, including benefits?  If so, congratulations!  You are in the top 1% globally.  So how much do you give back to the other 99%?


Giving back presumes that they gave something to me, they didn't, I received my $100K+ from other 1%ers.
 
2014-06-11 01:18:26 PM
If only there was some way we could get the rest of the civilized world to bomb itself into oblivion again.
 
2014-06-11 01:19:57 PM

Crass and Jaded Mother Farker: If only there was some way we could get the rest of the civilized world to bomb itself into oblivion again.


Don't worry.  The etch a sketch is gonna get shaken, soon.  See - History.  For better or worse.  Pay attention to who's shaking it.
 
2014-06-11 01:20:03 PM

wesmon: Amish Tech Support: Great, so basically since the depression the work environment has swung so much in the favor of big business that they can work you harder and pay you sh*t. Only now the free market has gotten to the point it's balanced out so the business worker relationship is somewhat equal.

I'm all for capitalism for the human animal, but these huge economic pits have got to stop. When you can't change jobs because no one in the economy is hiring you're basically a slave to your financial and healthcare situation.  The company knows it owns your ass and works you accordingly.

So then, why are you for capitalism? What you described is the logical progression of that economic system. And with winners and losers in the economy, the winners will always use their power to stack the deck in their favor.

If you support capitalism you support extreme inequality, bottom line.


I support capitalism because I know human nature. We are a species full of greed. The best form of capitalism would be one with the companies and the workers equally represented. People need to be able to laterally move in society without it destroying their lives. I'm for single payer for this reason. You shouldn't be chained to a job you hate because your a diabetic.
 
2014-06-11 01:20:21 PM

IrateShadow: Wages aren't going up any time soon, and here's why:

Notice a trend on the rightmost 4 lines?  We're boned.


Interesting graph and one of the more scarier ones I've seen lately.
 
2014-06-11 01:21:54 PM

Itstoearly: bunner: I'll care when the top 1% put 10% of their 90% back in play in the above ground economy instead of shoving it up their collective asses for the yearly P&L dick waving contest.  "Here's most of the raise you should have gotten 3 years ago" doesn't cut it.

Curiously, do you make more than $32,000/year, including benefits?  If so, congratulations!  You are in the top 1% globally.  So how much do you give back to the other 99%?


I personally make far less than 32k, and that is nationwide trend that is not reflected in the jobs graphs. The jobs coming back in this recovery are mostly low paying service sector work.

It is almost a given now that the middle class will die off and not come back and this country is bound to become a third-world plantation.
 
2014-06-11 01:22:32 PM
I keep all my savings in offshore accounts. I use banks in Luxembourg and the Caymans primarily but also have a Swiss one for kicks. The main reason is to ensure no takers get trickled on by my hard earned and inherited money. Banks here tend to loan out to filthy Americans who can't pay it back. No thanks.
 
2014-06-11 01:23:07 PM
Well in this economic, I'm just glad to be trickled on.
 
2014-06-11 01:23:36 PM

pkellmey: IrateShadow: Wages aren't going up any time soon, and here's why:

Notice a trend on the rightmost 4 lines?  We're boned.

Interesting graph and one of the more scarier ones I've seen lately.


It's important that we have economists making 200k a year to sit in their lodge armchairs, watch the game, then spit out fresh graphs and say "Wow, y'all really got bent over the f*ckng sink this time!  Hoo wee!"
 
2014-06-11 01:25:26 PM

wesmon: The jobs coming back in this recovery are mostly low paying service sector work.


Which is precisely what Ronnie promised us when he said that it was morning in America and we were gonna get rid of those demeaning, drudgery manufacturing jobs.  You know, that actually create wealth.  Can't fault that.  The people he read that script for were spot on to their word.
 
2014-06-11 01:27:13 PM
I'll let my boss know, we'll see how that plays out.
 
2014-06-11 01:27:55 PM
I get annual raises.  Last year was 2.5%.  The year before it was .. 2.9%.
 
2014-06-11 01:28:30 PM

bunner: wesmon: The jobs coming back in this recovery are mostly low paying service sector work.

Which is precisely what Ronnie promised us when he said that it was morning in America and we were gonna get rid of those demeaning, drudgery manufacturing jobs.  You know, that actually create wealth.  Can't fault that.  The people he read that script for were spot on to their word.


I agree that in-country manufacturing is a good thing, however, if a robot can replace you, eventually it will. There may be jobs in manufacturing, but not wealth for the workers unless if they can be re-trained in the future.
 
2014-06-11 01:29:01 PM
Am I really that much of an outlier?

I've gotten raises every year for the past six years.  Decent (in my eyes) raises too.

Highest was a promotion from tester to developer though.  That was a nice bump.

Felt some survivor's guilt when I got a raise after they cut 3 people from the office though.
 
2014-06-11 01:30:00 PM

Amish Tech Support: wesmon: Amish Tech Support: Great, so basically since the depression the work environment has swung so much in the favor of big business that they can work you harder and pay you sh*t. Only now the free market has gotten to the point it's balanced out so the business worker relationship is somewhat equal.

I'm all for capitalism for the human animal, but these huge economic pits have got to stop. When you can't change jobs because no one in the economy is hiring you're basically a slave to your financial and healthcare situation.  The company knows it owns your ass and works you accordingly.

So then, why are you for capitalism? What you described is the logical progression of that economic system. And with winners and losers in the economy, the winners will always use their power to stack the deck in their favor.

If you support capitalism you support extreme inequality, bottom line.

I support capitalism because I know human nature. We are a species full of greed. The best form of capitalism would be one with the companies and the workers equally represented. People need to be able to laterally move in society without it destroying their lives. I'm for single payer for this reason. You shouldn't be chained to a job you hate because your a diabetic.


The only time the workers are represented at all is when they struggle hard for the few concessions they get. And over time that is eroded because those that win in the economy can use their money to influence the game.

Is greed human nature? It seems like there are plenty of countries with far less of a greed motivation than the United States. If greed were so widespread, why do you see countries with a much larger commitment to a decent standard of living and social services for all?
 
Displayed 50 of 91 comments

First | « | 1 | 2 | » | Last | Show all

View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest


This thread is closed to new comments.

Continue Farking
Submit a Link »






Report