If you can read this, either the style sheet didn't load or you have an older browser that doesn't support style sheets. Try clearing your browser cache and refreshing the page.

(Fox News)   Dark matter is using a slingshot to shoot asteroids at the Earth. Fark you, dark matter, you bastard   (foxnews.com) divider line 15
    More: Scary, Earth, dark matter  
•       •       •

6159 clicks; posted to Geek » on 29 Apr 2014 at 3:38 PM (17 weeks ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»



Voting Results (Smartest)
View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest

2014-04-29 03:44:31 PM
2 votes:
It's a Klendathu weapon.

media.tumblr.com
2014-04-29 03:43:44 PM
2 votes:
It's either dark matter of the Centauri mass drivers. Take your pick.
2014-04-29 03:41:49 PM
2 votes:
Why is Fox News even discussing science - other than the obligatory 'evolution isn't real -- WERE YOU THERE?' derp they're usually known for?
2014-04-29 07:49:32 PM
1 votes:

Mad_Radhu: Odd Bird: divgradcurl:
/such a shiatty, shiatty movie
// watch twice becuase enough time had passed  said to myself "Maybe it wasn't so bad...".   No, it was.

HATED it when I saw it in the theater, expected serious sci-fi.  Watched it years later in a Space Balls / Stripes frame of mind; have been enjoying it ever since.

Bonus:

[www.hotflick.net image 720x540]

my WANT for this woman is strong.  Very, very strong.

This may be relevant to your interests:

[img.fark.net image 614x877]
/And people say Twitter is useless...


www.40kforums.com
2014-04-29 05:58:45 PM
1 votes:

Odd Bird: divgradcurl:
/such a shiatty, shiatty movie
// watch twice becuase enough time had passed  said to myself "Maybe it wasn't so bad...".   No, it was.

HATED it when I saw it in the theater, expected serious sci-fi.  Watched it years later in a Space Balls / Stripes frame of mind; have been enjoying it ever since.

Bonus:

[www.hotflick.net image 720x540]

my WANT for this woman is strong.  Very, very strong.


This may be relevant to your interests:

img.fark.net
/And people say Twitter is useless...
2014-04-29 04:45:09 PM
1 votes:

Odd Bird: divgradcurl:
/such a shiatty, shiatty movie
// watch twice becuase enough time had passed  said to myself "Maybe it wasn't so bad...".   No, it was.

HATED it when I saw it in the theater, expected serious sci-fi.  Watched it years later in a Space Balls / Stripes frame of mind; have been enjoying it ever since.

Bonus:

[www.hotflick.net image 720x540]

my WANT for this woman is strong.  Very, very strong.


I liked the original, the sequels were pathetic. The video game I played as a kid would've been great as a movie storyline, They eventually get back to Klendathu and nuke all the queens. The book was nothing like the movie, kind of boring for what I was expecting.

/This post brought to you courtesy of the Roughnecks
2014-04-29 04:06:51 PM
1 votes:
divgradcurl:
/such a shiatty, shiatty movie
// watch twice becuase enough time had passed  said to myself "Maybe it wasn't so bad...".   No, it was.


HATED it when I saw it in the theater, expected serious sci-fi.  Watched it years later in a Space Balls / Stripes frame of mind; have been enjoying it ever since.

Bonus:

www.hotflick.net

my WANT for this woman is strong.  Very, very strong.
2014-04-29 04:05:28 PM
1 votes:

ObscureNameHere: Unlike me, who watched "Starship Troopers" twice, once in the theatre and once on DVD 5 years later.

/such a shiatty, shiatty movie
// watch twice becuase enough time had passed  said to myself "Maybe it wasn't so bad...".   No, it was.


Hey, it wasn't that bad. It had some of Verhoeven's trademark dark humour. And some tits, if I'm not mistaken.

Something else that perhaps makes me look on ST fondly is that I've seen Starship Troopers 2.

/The horror... the horror.
2014-04-29 04:01:32 PM
1 votes:
Watch out for the alien ship - it shoots back.
www.vanderbilt.edu
2014-04-29 03:48:21 PM
1 votes:
Time to start work on converting Battleship Yamato into the Argo.
Bf+
2014-04-29 03:45:51 PM
1 votes:

Damaniel: Why is Fox News even discussing science - other than the obligatory 'evolution isn't real -- WERE YOU THERE?' derp they're usually known for?



Well, they do tend to be the first to weigh in on dark matters.
2014-04-29 03:44:05 PM
1 votes:
Or, as we like to call it, the Arachnid Quarantine Zone.
2014-04-29 03:41:02 PM
1 votes:
Is  Could be
2014-04-29 03:40:22 PM
1 votes:
Darkies always be throwing stuff.
2014-04-29 01:58:47 PM
1 votes:
The researchers analyzed craters more than 12 miles wide created in the past 250 million years, and compared their pattern against the 35-million-year cycle. They found that it was three times more likely that the craters matched the dark matter cycle than that they occurred randomly

But the alternative hypothesis was that the impact cycles were caused by a companion star (or something). Regardless, when you're analyzing something that is already recognized to have a pattern, the chance that it happened randomly isn't particularly big.

So if there's a 1 percent chance it happened randomly, there's a 3 percent chance this caused it. If there's a 25 percent chance it was random, there's a 75% chance it was caused by the disc. Which is it? We don't know because science reports are shiat at their jobs.
 
Displayed 15 of 15 comments

View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest


This thread is closed to new comments.

Continue Farking
Submit a Link »






Report