If you can read this, either the style sheet didn't load or you have an older browser that doesn't support style sheets. Try clearing your browser cache and refreshing the page.

(Daily Mail)   Teen cleaning pasta-maker at Italian restaurant accidentally makes elbow macaroni   (dailymail.co.uk) divider line 7
    More: Scary, Italians, Italian restaurant, elbows, Los Angeles Clippers  
•       •       •

7468 clicks; posted to Main » on 28 Apr 2014 at 1:11 AM (22 weeks ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»



Voting Results (Smartest)
View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest

2014-04-28 12:10:33 AM
6 votes:
Restaurant employees are still trying to figure out how the machine was turned on while Bouchard was cleaning it.

I'm still trying to figure out why the damn thing was PLUGGED IN.
2014-04-28 01:38:26 AM
3 votes:
Always unplug it, unload it, clear the chamber, take the key out of the ignition, and remove the batteries before you perform maintenance on anything with moving parts, explosive capability, or an electrical output.

This should be something everyone knows and lives by. Everyone.
2014-04-28 05:46:21 AM
1 votes:

drxym: Well this kid has ample grounds to sue the restaurant, the installer of the equipment and the manufacturer. A machine that dangerous should have required the operator to hold a button down on the side to run it, possibly two buttons one on either side. That way they can't remove one hand without the machine powering down.


The problem isn't that it turned on, the problem is it turned on when he didn't expect it to.  It needs lockout/tagout, not unusable controls that double the number of people you need to run it. Regardless of where the on button is, he should never have had his arm where he did while it was plugged in. In normal use, when you aren't reaching in to the dough hopper to clean it, they're perfectly safe.
2014-04-28 02:51:27 AM
1 votes:

Russ1642: cyberspacedout: Kid's under 18. I would hope OSHA does investigate this one, and spread the word about the regulations that should've prevented what happened. Sometimes restaurant managers either don't care, or don't know what their employees are doing.

Hiring stupid people is a major liability.


Yeah, dumbass management who can't run a safe workplace are a major liability. And OSHA fines and insurance rates will soon give a dollar figure to that liability.
2014-04-28 02:32:12 AM
1 votes:
Poor kid, just trying to stay out of trouble and make a couple bucks for his last summer before he turned 18. I hope he gets a considerable settlement and that he has family and friends that will support him during his rehab. I hope they can reattach his arm and he doesn't get stuck with a hook or stub.
2014-04-28 02:04:49 AM
1 votes:
Kid's under 18. I would hope OSHA does investigate this one, and spread the word about the regulations that should've prevented what happened. Sometimes restaurant managers either don't care, or don't know what their employees are doing.
2014-04-28 01:39:18 AM
1 votes:

jgk3: An unfortunately effective demonstration of why even small businesses should practice lock out - tag out (LOTO).


You should practice it at home too. CSB: Back in the day a friend was still living in his mom's basement. (and yes he fit the stereotype). Anyway, they'd had some drainage problems and his mom was doing some minor repair on the main drain line in the house. She told us not to flush any toilets or put any water down the drain. Of course an hour later my friend goes to the bathroom and flushes the toilet. His mom was on the receiving end of a lesson in lock out tag out.

/just thankful it wasn't me because I'd have forgot about no flushing too
 
Displayed 7 of 7 comments

View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest


This thread is closed to new comments.

Continue Farking
Submit a Link »






Report