Do you have adblock enabled?
If you can read this, either the style sheet didn't load or you have an older browser that doesn't support style sheets. Try clearing your browser cache and refreshing the page.

(WebMD)   20% of people who experience "senior moments" go on to develop dementia. The other 80% have yet to make it back to their homes after the study   (webmd.com) divider line 9
    More: Sad, mild cognitive impairment, mental functions, Gerontology, rate of returns, Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, dementia  
•       •       •

436 clicks; posted to Geek » on 13 Mar 2014 at 9:11 AM (1 year ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»



9 Comments   (+0 »)
   
View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest

Archived thread
 
ZAZ [TotalFark]
2014-03-13 08:42:48 AM  
20% compared to how many of the entire overly aged population?
 
2014-03-13 09:21:20 AM  
Hilarious. Headline is accurate, yet totally opposite the article headline: "'Senior Moments' Don't Seem to Lead to Dementia for Most"

I was under the impression that when you're young senior moments are called "brain farts", and that everyone has had them.
 
2014-03-13 09:50:19 AM  
At 54, this may be relevant to me. What was the question again?
 
2014-03-13 10:04:11 AM  

ZAZ: 20% compared to how many of the entire overly aged population?


I believe that submitter simply forgot to state that information.
 
2014-03-13 11:28:57 AM  
I call it "mental pause".
 
2014-03-13 01:10:31 PM  
I hope this is one of the things that they find a treatment for. I would hate to see my folks go out like they had to see my grandmother go.
 
2014-03-13 02:48:20 PM  
Oh, come on, really? Is this what you had hoped for? I cannot believe this many people do not like salmon.
 
2014-03-13 07:23:44 PM  
Lately, I find myself completely forgetting celebrity names. I know them. I know I know them. I just can't bring the name up from the depths of my memory. Yesterday I completely forgot Kirsten Dunst's name. It just vanished. I could name all the movies I'd seen her in and the characters she played. I could recall every time seeing her in various states of undress. I just couldn't make her name bubble up to the surface until I finally looker her up and read the first syllable of her name, which jogged my memory into gear.

Then I was able to find the topless shots of her that I was looking for, so it all worked out.
 
2014-03-14 12:54:32 AM  
so then you're 80% likely to NOT develop dementia if you've suffered from senior moments?
suh-weeeeeet!
 
Displayed 9 of 9 comments

View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest


This thread is archived, and closed to new comments.

Continue Farking
Submit a Link »
Advertisement
On Twitter






In Other Media


  1. Links are submitted by members of the Fark community.

  2. When community members submit a link, they also write a custom headline for the story.

  3. Other Farkers comment on the links. This is the number of comments. Click here to read them.

  4. Click here to submit a link.

Report