Wellon Dowd: Subby is weak in geometry or reading comprehension, or both.
Sin_City_Superhero: Even if you ignore the "historical landmark" aspect, the Cubs really can't replace Wrigley. The Cubs suck. The Cubs have sucked for a very long time. People don't go to Cubs games to watch the Cubs. People go to Cubs games because Wrigley Field is a destination. If the Cubs played in a brand new stadium, they might get big crowds for a few years, but once the new-car-smell wore off, they would either have to put a more competitive product on the field, or they'd lose all of their fans. As it is right now, the Cubs don't even have to try to win, and they sell out.
Gosling: I don't give a damn what the legal tiff between the team and the rooftop owners is, this still strikes me as Philadelphia Athletics spite-fence horseshiat. If Ricketts is getting broken by the money he's not getting from the rooftops, then he's in dire enough financial straits that he shouldn't have bought the damn team in the first place.
Lost Thought 00: Milk D: Lost Thought 00: I'm sure their shareholders would not be pleased with that.tell me more about Cubs "shareholders".The team is 95% owned by a trust, with Tom Rickets acting as chairman of the board, though I cannot find how that 95% is shared amongst the 4 Rickets family members who collectively own the trust. I cannot find exactly who owns the remaining 5%. All those people are collectively known as the shareholders of the team
Lost Thought 00: I'm sure their shareholders would not be pleased with that.
great_tigers: I wonder if everyone in support of the roof top seats would be ok with their neighbors renting out your barn.
Links are submitted by members of the Fark community.
When community members submit a link, they also write a custom headline for the story.
Other Farkers comment on the links. This is the number of comments. Click here to read them.
You need to create an account to submit links or post comments.
Click here to submit a link.
Also on Fark
Submit a Link »
Copyright © 1999 - 2017 Fark, Inc | Last updated: May 23 2017 14:09:56
Runtime: 0.177 sec (177 ms)