If you can read this, either the style sheet didn't load or you have an older browser that doesn't support style sheets. Try clearing your browser cache and refreshing the page.

(KMOV St. Louis)   8 year old boy saves 6 people from a house fire, but dies trying to save more. Those are some giant, dusty brass balls and I'll just have a seat over there   (kmov.com) divider line 19
    More: Hero, structure fire, teach in, Tricia Helfer, Marlin Stutzman, rescue group  
•       •       •

9862 clicks; posted to Main » on 22 Jan 2014 at 10:36 AM (30 weeks ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»



Voting Results (Funniest)
View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest

2014-01-22 09:56:04 AM
6 votes:
4.bp.blogspot.com

There were many animals inside this home as well, WROC reports. At least one dog died and a cat rescue group is hoping to find some of at least 10 cats that were in the home.
2014-01-22 10:41:54 AM
4 votes:

reillan: HMS_Blinkin: 9 people, 10 cats, and a dog all in a single-wide trailer?  Yikes, that's definitely not safe (or it was a single-wide that was 100 yards long).

Noah's Arc?


Well, they said it was probably an electrical problem.
2014-01-22 10:39:45 AM
3 votes:

HMS_Blinkin: 9 people, 10 cats, and a dog all in a single-wide trailer?  Yikes, that's definitely not safe (or it was a single-wide that was 100 yards long).


Maybe their ambient body heat started the fire.
2014-01-22 01:43:25 PM
2 votes:

factoryconnection: TheShavingofOccam123: I'm not saying negligence killed this boy but lots of people die or suffer horrific burns from unsafe electrical cords.

No working smoke detectors were in the house, as reported by the source I read.  I'm saying negligence killed this boy and his family.

The same thing with that story a while ago with the 12-year-old that was up at 3am on a gaming binge: a dozen residents in the house and not one f*cking working smoke detector.  Not one.  It just so happened that that other kid was able to save everyone.

If your smoke detectors don't work, it is negligence and that is that.  Check yours, check the ones in your elderly family's out, make sure they work!  My wife and I op-test ours at least weekly when cooking bacon.


Bacon as safety equipment? Behold the power of bacon!
2014-01-22 02:41:41 PM
1 votes:

TheShavingofOccam123: factoryconnection: TheShavingofOccam123: I'm not saying negligence killed this boy but lots of people die or suffer horrific burns from unsafe electrical cords.

No working smoke detectors were in the house, as reported by the source I read.  I'm saying negligence killed this boy and his family.

The same thing with that story a while ago with the 12-year-old that was up at 3am on a gaming binge: a dozen residents in the house and not one f*cking working smoke detector.  Not one.  It just so happened that that other kid was able to save everyone.

If your smoke detectors don't work, it is negligence and that is that.  Check yours, check the ones in your elderly family's out, make sure they work!  My wife and I op-test ours at least weekly when cooking bacon.

I'm not condoning choices these people made but we are raised to be consumers in this country, to keep up with the Jones' by buying the next new greatest thing. In the land of the monthly disability check, this often means buying an xbox or getting cable tiers while buying macaroni and cheese and potato chips instead of healthy food. Or smoke detectors.

I'm not condoning the choices that burned this kid to death but I would bet there were lots of consumer electronics all plugged in. And apparently not one smoke detector.


I'll bet they even had a Refrigerator plugged in! Those bastards!
2014-01-22 01:01:42 PM
1 votes:
From the CNN link:

"Then Tyler went back into the blaze to help his grandfather, who was disabled and would have been unable to get out of the home on his own, Ebmeyer said.

The boy broke away from his aunt outside the burning trailer and ran back inside to try to save his grandfather, she said.

The pair were found together on a bed in the back room. It appeared that the boy was trying to lift his grandfather from the bed when he was overcome by the smoke and fire, the fire chief said.

Tyler and his grandfather were like best friends, Vrooman said."


It's an odd feeling, at once wanting to celebrate and mourn this young hero.
2014-01-22 12:51:27 PM
1 votes:
Of course the kid tried to save everyone. He felt bad about  starting the fire
2014-01-22 12:04:00 PM
1 votes:

TheShavingofOccam123: "Let the little children come to me," Jesus said, "and do not hinder them -- for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven."



    If even then you remain hostile toward me and refuse to obey, I will inflict you with seven more disasters for your sins.  I will release wild animals that will kill your children...  (Leviticus 26:21-22 NLT)

He seems nice.
2014-01-22 11:42:22 AM
1 votes:
i302.photobucket.com
2014-01-22 11:39:09 AM
1 votes:
i43.tinypic.com

"Thank you..."
2014-01-22 11:30:05 AM
1 votes:
This story is sad and all but this headline is just a verbal shiat smoothie. Brass balls, "dust" that makes you cry, and for some farking reason, the To Catch A Predator "why don't you have a seat over there..." bit, all blended together and expressed in the most nonsensical way possible. You should be slapped like the English-murdering biatch you are.
2014-01-22 11:22:35 AM
1 votes:

OnlyM3: Let me get this straight. The kid woke up the adults. Those adults then left the kid inside the burning structure to wake the rest of the inhabitants while they left the building ?


Let me get this straight -- you didn't RTFA?
2014-01-22 11:05:10 AM
1 votes:
Best to put down your geezers early so they won't become a danger to your kids like this.
2014-01-22 11:00:33 AM
1 votes:

p4p3rm4t3: I seem to be experiencing some ocular precipitation.


i36.photobucket.com
2014-01-22 10:47:22 AM
1 votes:
static.panoramio.com
RIP
2014-01-22 10:41:43 AM
1 votes:

HMS_Blinkin: 9 people, 10 cats, and a dog all in a single-wide trailer?  Yikes, that's definitely not safe (or it was a single-wide that was 100 yards long).


Glad I'm not the only one who went in tearing up about the kid, read the article, then wandered out "whoa"
2014-01-22 10:41:38 AM
1 votes:
"Let the little children come to me," Jesus said, "and do not hinder them -- for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven."

Please make sure all your extension cords and appliance cords are in good shape, not overloaded and not covered with empty potato chip bags, rugs or other things that will cause fires. And make sure every room has a smoke detector that is tested regularly.

I'm not saying negligence killed this boy but lots of people die or suffer horrific burns from unsafe electrical cords.
2014-01-22 10:40:09 AM
1 votes:

HMS_Blinkin: 9 people, 10 cats, and a dog all in a single-wide trailer?  Yikes, that's definitely not safe (or it was a single-wide that was 100 yards long).


Noah's Arc?
2014-01-22 10:08:44 AM
1 votes:
I think the child's metal testicles being dusty aren't the only reason you should have a seat over there.
 
Displayed 19 of 19 comments

View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest


This thread is closed to new comments.

Continue Farking
Submit a Link »






Report