If you can read this, either the style sheet didn't load or you have an older browser that doesn't support style sheets. Try clearing your browser cache and refreshing the page.

(CBC)   RCMP cruiser in flames as anti-fracking protest in New Brunswick turns uncharacteristically impolite   (cbc.ca) divider line 104
    More: Scary, New Brunswick, RCMP, shale gas, First Nations, police actions, objections  
•       •       •

2918 clicks; posted to Main » on 17 Oct 2013 at 5:14 PM (40 weeks ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»



104 Comments   (+0 »)
   
View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest

First | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | » | Last | Show all
 
2013-10-17 01:18:21 PM
What kind of savage protestor sets a moose on fire?
 
2013-10-17 01:42:29 PM
i'm soar-ry, eh.
 
2013-10-17 01:42:39 PM
i1151.photobucket.com
Yeeeeeeah - it's kind of our thing, eh.
 
2013-10-17 02:04:24 PM
Clean-burning cop cars are a viable, alternative fuel.
 
2013-10-17 02:50:12 PM
That's nothing.  You should see what they did to the RHCP cruiser.  Flea was pissed.
 
2013-10-17 04:24:58 PM
What were they doing in New Jersey to being with?
 
2013-10-17 04:33:12 PM
Those aren't flames, they're diversity and acceptance streamers.
 
2013-10-17 05:19:43 PM
Rexton?

Almost killed 'em!
 
2013-10-17 05:20:48 PM
2.bp.blogspot.com
Sadly, that is typical of those people.  It's in their culture of maple syrup and violence.

Personally, I blame hockey.  Children should not be taught at such a young age that the key to solving your problems is bashing some jabroni's face in at center ice.

Why won't the media ever talk about that?  If Americans were to riot, they'd be all over it, but when the Canadians do it we just accept it.
 
2013-10-17 05:23:08 PM
'We urge all sides not to resort to violence as history has proven these tactics are not productive.'
- Chief Gabrial Atwin, Kingsclear First Nation


What planet is this guy from where historically violence has not been a productive way to get what you want?
 
2013-10-17 05:28:27 PM
This is a serious issue and CBC should not be cited as a source of anything meaningful. Long before several RCMP vehicles were torched, the RCMP pepper sprayed and fired rubber bullets at protestors. What is going on there is very disturbing. The media is injecting healthy amounts of propaganda and misinformation.

The issue is trending high on Twitter now. I only hope it gains more momentum.
 
2013-10-17 05:28:31 PM
Sadly, CA's are more American than we are.

We whine and make documentaries while they stand up and say not no, but FARK NO!
 
2013-10-17 05:30:11 PM

Rapmaster2000: [2.bp.blogspot.com image 620x349]
Sadly, that is typical of those people.  It's in their culture of maple syrup and violence.

Personally, I blame hockey.  Children should not be taught at such a young age that the key to solving your problems is bashing some jabroni's face in at center ice.

Why won't the media ever talk about that?  If Americans were to riot, they'd be all over it, but when the Canadians do it we just accept it.


4/10...missing that ZING
 
2013-10-17 05:31:26 PM

JonnyG: This is a serious issue and CBC should not be cited as a source of anything meaningful. Long before several RCMP vehicles were torched, the RCMP pepper sprayed and fired rubber bullets at protestors. What is going on there is very disturbing. The media is injecting healthy amounts of propaganda and misinformation.

The issue is trending high on Twitter now. I only hope it gains more momentum.


me too.  hopefully then those bastards who refuse to listen to the law will stop having so many mindless supporters who have no clue what they are supporting.
 
2013-10-17 05:32:47 PM

JonnyG: This is a serious issue and CBC should not be cited as a source of anything meaningful. Long before several RCMP vehicles were torched, the RCMP pepper sprayed and fired rubber bullets at protestors. What is going on there is very disturbing. The media is injecting healthy amounts of propaganda and misinformation.

The issue is trending high on Twitter now. I only hope it gains more momentum.


And I am completely certain that the cops just ran in sprayed pepper spray and shot rubber bullets out of the blue with no provocation whatsoever...

In case you can't tell I'm being sarcastic.
 
2013-10-17 05:34:07 PM

naughtyrev: What kind of savage protestor sets a moose on fire?


Mind you, møøse fires can be pretti nasti...
 
2013-10-17 05:39:42 PM
Note to the RCMP: Don't f*ck with the Natives. And never try to execute one of them at a protest either, as that will only make them angry.
 
2013-10-17 05:42:13 PM
By the way, if the CBC is missing accurate details... It is now owned by PM Harper(R) and he makes sure the censorship ministers keep it rightwing and lacking in accuracy.
 
2013-10-17 05:44:39 PM
People in New Jersey are crazy
 
2013-10-17 05:44:45 PM
Native protesters are worse than any other kind. They think they're entitled to do absolutely anything and yet they always claim they're as peaceful as a basket full of napping kittens. Lying sacks of shiat.
 
2013-10-17 05:47:49 PM

sheep snorter: By the way, if the CBC is missing accurate details... It is now owned by PM Harper(R) and he makes sure the censorship ministers keep it rightwing and lacking in accuracy.


Oh yes, the CBC is in the pocket of Conservative PM Sweatervest.

i.chzbgr.com
 
2013-10-17 05:48:49 PM
 Yeah, folks can get a little sensitive about having strait poison injected directly into their drinking water.
Weird huh.
 
2013-10-17 05:51:10 PM

HypnozombieX:  Yeah, folks can get a little sensitive about having strait poison injected directly into their drinking water.
Weird huh.


What they drink is only 60% water.
 
2013-10-17 05:55:04 PM
RCMP should know by now that when the natives get involved, protests get hardcore.
 
2013-10-17 05:56:59 PM

HypnozombieX: Yeah, folks can get a little sensitive about having strait poison injected directly into their drinking water.
Weird huh.


What strait did this poison come from? Gibraltar? Hormuz? ...?
 
2013-10-17 05:57:50 PM
I fracked your Mom last night
 
2013-10-17 05:59:05 PM

HypnozombieX:  Yeah, folks can get a little sensitive about having strait poison injected directly into their drinking water.
Weird huh.


Hey look. Another person whose terribly misinformed on the process.

Please tell me how I'm killing you and poisoning the drinking water.

/frac water is 99.9% water. The other 0.1% is no more dangerous than the bleach people dump down their own water wells to kill bacteria and pass a water well inspection.
 
2013-10-17 06:00:21 PM

sheep snorter: Note to the RCMP: Don't f*ck with the Natives.


Why not? Who do you think put them on the Rez in the first place?
 
2013-10-17 06:00:56 PM

HypnozombieX: Yeah, folks can get a little sensitive about having strait poison injected directly into their drinking water.
Weird huh.


yes because all the engineering, the steel casing that isolates aquifers, regulations etc. are all thrown to the wayside so that they can just 'inject strait poison into their drinking water'.
 
2013-10-17 06:01:21 PM

Dougie AXP: HypnozombieX:  Yeah, folks can get a little sensitive about having strait poison injected directly into their drinking water.
Weird huh.

Hey look. Another person whose terribly misinformed on the process.

Please tell me how I'm killing you and poisoning the drinking water.

/frac water is 99.9% water. The other 0.1% is no more dangerous than the bleach people dump down their own water wells to kill bacteria and pass a water well inspection.


People will take homeopathic remedies that are 100% water thinking they'll cure cancer. People are idiots.
 
2013-10-17 06:02:11 PM

Dougie AXP: HypnozombieX:  Yeah, folks can get a little sensitive about having strait poison injected directly into their drinking water.
Weird huh.

Hey look. Another person whose terribly misinformed on the process.

Please tell me how I'm killing you and poisoning the drinking water.

/frac water is 99.9% water. The other 0.1% is no more dangerous than the bleach people dump down their own water wells to kill bacteria and pass a water well inspection.


Dougie what are you doing bringing logic to a fracking discussion?
 
2013-10-17 06:02:24 PM

Pawprint: HypnozombieX: Yeah, folks can get a little sensitive about having strait poison injected directly into their drinking water.
Weird huh.

What strait did this poison come from? Gibraltar? Hormuz? ...?


It was the Strait of Auto Correct.
 
2013-10-17 06:05:16 PM

Headso: 'We urge all sides not to resort to violence as history has proven these tactics are not productive.'
- Chief Gabrial Atwin, Kingsclear First Nation

What planet is this guy from where historically violence has not been a productive way to get what you want?


Violent protest has never worked out well for First Nations people in Canada.
 
2013-10-17 06:08:40 PM
Whenever I see grown adults partaking in daytime protests such as these I can't help but wonder what kind of leave they applied for at work in order to be able to attend.
 
2013-10-17 06:09:55 PM
On a lighter note, the high school in Rexton is named "Bonar Law"
 
2013-10-17 06:11:14 PM

xpennyroyaltyx: Whenever I see grown adults partaking in daytime protests such as these I can't help but wonder what kind of leave they applied for at work in order to be able to attend.


LOL
 
2013-10-17 06:11:58 PM

Representative of the unwashed masses: And I am completely certain that the cops just ran in sprayed pepper spray and shot rubber bullets out of the blue with no provocation whatsoever...

In case you can't tell I'm being sarcastic.


Not totally without provocation.  After all, the protestors were Mi'mak, which is a shootable offence in Eastern Canada.  (Protesting While Native)

PWN is similar to DWB in the US.
 
2013-10-17 06:12:52 PM

Dougie AXP: HypnozombieX:  Yeah, folks can get a little sensitive about having strait poison injected directly into their drinking water.
Weird huh.

Hey look. Another person whose terribly misinformed on the process.

Please tell me how I'm killing you and poisoning the drinking water.

/frac water is 99.9% water. The other 0.1% is no more dangerous than the bleach people dump down their own water wells to kill bacteria and pass a water well inspection.


How do you know this?

The companies who frac won't tell the public what's in the fluid they use. Halliburton's site has proprietary names and percentages, and the additive percentage is much more than 0.1%.

As for danger, Here's the MSDS of one of the components they use. (pdf warning) Is doesn't seem as benign as you make it out to be.
 
2013-10-17 06:14:33 PM
Uhh huh, I don't see a lot of people raising their hands to drink up a big glass of fracking fluid, you know, considering how completely safe it is. Of course just in case they're also willing to argue that it's all trapped safely inside a man made structure that will last forever and eternity (like all other man made structures of course). So which is it? safe enough to drink up, or safely contained for all eternity?
And on the subject of how safe it is it's funny that you're able to glibly state that since I doubt you know a trade secret. Or hell maybe you do in which case you could put everyones minds at rest and list off the totally safe enough to drink chemicals used.

The process of fracking will go down in history as one of the stupidest things humans have ever done. The sad part is that the people who profit from it most likely won't be affected by it.  But by all means go on pretending that this will never have a negative impact.

BTW there's another thread you may have missed where you can argue how it's ok for the gas companies to screw land owners out of their checks for the gas. I can guess this paid troll shiat can get tedious so you might have missed it.
 
2013-10-17 06:15:37 PM

BATMANATEE: Violent protest has never worked out well for First Nations people in Canada.


Blockading highways has seen some results. The threat of commerce stopping is what truly strikes fear into the politician heart.
 
2013-10-17 06:19:44 PM
i.imgur.com
 
2013-10-17 06:19:48 PM
Take away their free money, and make them start paying taxes. This is 2013, not the 1700's. Stupid indians thinking they can stop the only thing that has the potential of creating jobs in NB.
 
2013-10-17 06:21:45 PM
Please don't turn into another Oka. Please don't turn into another Oka.
 
2013-10-17 06:23:01 PM

oldfarthenry: Yeeeeeeah - it's kind of our thing, eh.


/Came for the Vancouver riot references.
//leaving satiaified like a Canadian who just left Tims.
 
2013-10-17 06:27:38 PM
FTA:  "Rogers-Marsh said that no rubber bullets were used but that RCMP members used "sock rounds"

And if things continue, they'll break out the tee-shirt cannons...
 
2013-10-17 06:29:29 PM

Dougie AXP: HypnozombieX:  Yeah, folks can get a little sensitive about having strait poison injected directly into their drinking water.
Weird huh.

Hey look. Another person whose terribly misinformed on the process.

Please tell me how I'm killing you and poisoning the drinking water.

/frac water is 99.9% water. The other 0.1% is no more dangerous than the bleach people dump down their own water wells to kill bacteria and pass a water well inspection.


Err...no.  Just...no.   Go have a nice glass of benzene.

/owns extraction stock
//doesn't feel the need to pretend it's great for the environment
///there's money in them thar holes
 
2013-10-17 06:33:45 PM
so for the 2 people who think the CBC is not giving all the details, keep in mind, these are protesters who showed up to protest, with Molotov cocktails. Not that they are hard to make, but being out on the highway there, it does take some preparation.

As far as the natives reacquiring more land, I am perfectly ok with them doing it, as long as they plan on doing something with it, anything at this point would be better. As far as the water poisoning concerns... well if they want to self govern and not use the utilities from the rest of Canada, they can pay to have proper water filtration like the rest of the country has.
 
2013-10-17 06:35:37 PM

JonnyG: This is a serious issue and CBC should not be cited as a source of anything meaningful. Long before several RCMP vehicles were torched, the RCMP pepper sprayed and fired rubber bullets at protestors. What is going on there is very disturbing. The media is injecting healthy amounts of propaganda and misinformation.

The issue is trending high on Twitter now. I only hope it gains more momentum.


According to Radio-Canada (French-language, reproduced at MSN.com), the violence started when a group of protesters tried to break the ranks of the police.  The police responded by pepper-spraying the group, and all thing broke loose after that.

http://actualites.ca.msn.com/regional/atlantique/gaz-de-schiste-plus -d e-40-manifestants-ont-%c3%a9t%c3%a9-arr%c3%aat%c3%a9s-2
 
2013-10-17 06:38:17 PM

nurdgrrl: Please don't turn into another Oka. Please don't turn into another Oka.


fixed it for ya.
 
2013-10-17 06:38:25 PM

Headso: 'We urge all sides not to resort to violence as history has proven these tactics are not productive.'
- Chief Gabrial Atwin, Kingsclear First Nation

What planet is this guy from where historically violence has not been a productive way to get what you want?


Canada. We typically find asking politely and being politely ignored preferable to causing a scene.

Actually that's bullshiat. In this province we really like burning shiat up. Hell, we set fire to tires and old furniture on roads on Halloween and invite our parents and grandparents to come and hangout. Which makes sense since they taught us how to do it.
 
Displayed 50 of 104 comments

First | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | » | Last | Show all

View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest


This thread is closed to new comments.

Continue Farking
Submit a Link »






Report