Do you have adblock enabled?
If you can read this, either the style sheet didn't load or you have an older browser that doesn't support style sheets. Try clearing your browser cache and refreshing the page.

(Daily Mail)   British passport holders can visit 173 countries without needing a Visa. US Citizens can visit 172. Any guesses what the extra country is? I'm guessing the Falklands   ( divider line
    More: Interesting, British passport, United States, passports, Mia Farrow, visas, eu countries, South Sudan  
•       •       •

14460 clicks; posted to Main » on 03 Oct 2013 at 11:59 AM (4 years ago)   |   Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

101 Comments     (+0 »)
View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest

Oldest | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | » | Newest | Show all

2013-10-04 11:20:14 PM  

dustman81: mrboyer: dustman81: mrboyer: dustman81: jmayson: probesport: Well Michigan residents need a passport to get to Canada now.

Thanks Obama.

No you don't.

You need a passport to get back into the US.

You don't even need a passport. Michigan residents can get an enhanced driver's license. A passport card or Nexus card works just as well, too.

All wrong, if you are a US citizen you do not NEED a passport. You do need to prove that you are a US citizen. Ridiculous to think that if you live in the US and travel to Canada that you can not enter your own country. What do you think they will do make you go back to Canada?

Other than the documents listed above, how would you prove citizenship? The US doesn't take birth certificates at the border anymore.

Yes they do. It must be an official BC, no copies, along with a Government issued photo ID. (Drivers liscense)

The US hasn't taken birth certificates as proof of citizenship at the border since June 1, 2009, when the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative took effect. All the documents I listed above they will take as proof.

But hey, next time you come back from Canada or Mexico, show the CBP officer your birth certificate and driver's license (regular, not enhanced) and see how far that gets you.

It will get you back into your own country that's for sure. Do you really think they have the authority to tell US citizens that they can't return to their home in the United States WHTI compliant or not? Seriously what do you think they will do? Make you stay there, turn you back to Canada? The birth certificate is one of the most reliable documents to prove citizenship. Also accepted, a naturalization certificate, and a tribal band card that shows you have more that 50% native american blood.
Displayed 1 of 101 comments

Oldest | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | » | Newest | Show all

View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest

This thread is archived, and closed to new comments.

Continue Farking

On Twitter

Top Commented
Javascript is required to view headlines in widget.
  1. Links are submitted by members of the Fark community.

  2. When community members submit a link, they also write a custom headline for the story.

  3. Other Farkers comment on the links. This is the number of comments. Click here to read them.

  4. Click here to submit a link.