If you can read this, either the style sheet didn't load or you have an older browser that doesn't support style sheets. Try clearing your browser cache and refreshing the page.

(YouTube) Video Bill O'Reilly: So Obama thinks he's good at race-baiting, huh? *cracks knuckles* Watch this   (youtube.com) divider line 154
    More: Video, Bill O'Reilly  
•       •       •

4891 clicks; posted to Video » on 23 Jul 2013 at 9:39 AM (38 weeks ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»



154 Comments   (+0 »)
   
View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest
 
2013-07-23 03:12:28 AM
It is terribly sad that a reasonable amount of what he stated in his little screed is actually quite factual and that if one were to present Bill with an equally unpleasant and absolutely factual account of what corporate whorehouses are doing to the American economy and it's citizens, he'd get at least as dismissive and harrumphy as any black community leader when presented about the facts of their community's broken culture.  It's all just people drawing lines, sticking flags in the dirt and "yuh HUH"  "nuh UH" -ing at each other without actually having to give up an inch of their own bad ideas.  And it's as unproductive as it sounds.
 
2013-07-23 06:14:39 AM
Let it go green mods. There were a lot of little conversations on race by various pundits and the president. And here comes Bill O'Reilly coming out with some very uncomfortable truths and statistics and asks the questions one doesn't ask in polite conversation. It will be a show if not a spectacle. The will be ignores and bans and rumors of permabands. Thrills, chills, laughter, and weeping. Fists slamming on keyboards, beer being spewn out into the points of the compass and every keyboard and monitor. You have the power////.  It's always tease  tease, your happy when I'm my knees. One day is fine and next is black, so if you want me off your back. Well come on and let me know, should I stay or should I go now ! Should I stay or should I go now? If I go red there will be trouble, but a green will get you double! SO come on and let me know should I stay or should I go?
 
2013-07-23 07:37:42 AM

Red Shirt Blues: It will be a show if not a spectacle. The will be ignores and bans and rumors of permabands. Thrills, chills, laughter, and weeping. Fists slamming on keyboards, beer being spewn out into the points of the compass and every keyboard and monitor.


I hope not because that would prove every single other thing Bill said.
 
2013-07-23 07:42:34 AM

bunner: Red Shirt Blues: It will be a show if not a spectacle. The will be ignores and bans and rumors of permabands. Thrills, chills, laughter, and weeping. Fists slamming on keyboards, beer being spewn out into the points of the compass and every keyboard and monitor.

I hope not because that would prove every single other thing Bill said.


It's not like you've actually rebutted anything he said with any actual facts or counter-arguments. I generally think O'Reilly is a gas bag, but if I'm going to dispute something he said, I bring something to the table other than misdirection and as hominem.
 
2013-07-23 07:46:52 AM

Nabb1: It's not like you've actually rebutted anything he said with any actual facts or counter-arguments. I generally think O'Reilly is a gas bag, but if I'm going to dispute something he said, I bring something to the table other than misdirection and as hominem.


*clicks authority posture count*

Ahma clue you in on something.

I don't work for you.

*clicks ignore*
 
2013-07-23 08:03:05 AM
"Nobody's forcing black girls to have babies. It's a personal decision."

On the contrary, Bill, you are literally forcing them to, by systematically removing every "pro-choice" option. And f you take away those options, you now have responsibility for that child.  You need to feed them, educate them, give them jobs... That's now your decision.
 
2013-07-23 08:09:48 AM

Skeuomorph: "Nobody's forcing black girls to have babies. It's a personal decision."

On the contrary, Bill, you are literally forcing them to, by systematically removing every "pro-choice" option. And f you take away those options, you now have responsibility for that child.  You need to feed them, educate them, give them jobs... That's now your decision.


are they taking away condoms?  why should someone else pay for a child because the guy too stupid/cheap to buy a rubber.
 
2013-07-23 08:14:14 AM

bunner: Nabb1: It's not like you've actually rebutted anything he said with any actual facts or counter-arguments. I generally think O'Reilly is a gas bag, but if I'm going to dispute something he said, I bring something to the table other than misdirection and as hominem.

*clicks authority posture count*

Ahma clue you in on something.

I don't work for you.

*clicks ignore*


That's a mature response.
 
2013-07-23 08:22:27 AM
<b><a href="http://www.fark.com/comments/7854981/85515119#c85515119" target="_blank">Skeuomorph</a>:</b> <i>"Nobody's forcing black girls to have babies. It's a personal decision."

On the contrary, Bill, you are literally forcing them to, by systematically removing every "pro-choice" option. And f you take away those options, you now have responsibility for that child.  You need to feed them, educate them, give them jobs... That's now your decision.</i>

You want to go I to the inner cities and convince young men to use condoms? You have no real experience with this sort of thing, do you?
 
2013-07-23 08:32:16 AM
The fact of the matter is that African American culture is a mess and nobody is "allowed" to mention this and corporate culture is at least a big of a mess and you can mention it until your gums bleed and you will be largely shouting down a well.  Divide and conquer zeitgeist and the 30 years class war from the profit über alles morons have turned whatever cohesive culture we might have had into a reasonable simulacrum of a garage window when a baseball hits it.  And somebody better start talking to somebody about something without any animosity or two faced, agenda-ish bullsh*t added or the full tilt batsh*t civil war that's brewing will finally go down, much to the delight of the corporate hooery and we will do their work for them.  Turning on each other instead of them.  Poison Kool aid has no favorite ethnicity.
 
2013-07-23 09:40:36 AM

Nabb1: bunner: Nabb1: It's not like you've actually rebutted anything he said with any actual facts or counter-arguments. I generally think O'Reilly is a gas bag, but if I'm going to dispute something he said, I bring something to the table other than misdirection and as hominem.

*clicks authority posture count*

Ahma clue you in on something.

I don't work for you.

*clicks ignore*

That's a mature response.


His ignore list must be staggering.
 
2013-07-23 09:41:37 AM

Skeuomorph: "Nobody's forcing black girls to have babies. It's a personal decision."

On the contrary, Bill, you are literally forcing them to, by systematically removing every "pro-choice" option. And f you take away those options, you now have responsibility for that child.  You need to feed them, educate them, give them jobs... That's now your decision.


I like how the complete lack of personal responsibility has so pervaded the liberal mindset that they think if they can't abort a baby that's "forcing" someone to have a baby.  It's as if the thought of birth control or even a little self-control is beyond the ability of a normal human being.  That's what liberals think about other people - that they are wild animals with no ability to control themselves.

Why do you have so little faith in your fellow humans, Skeuomorph?
 
2013-07-23 09:46:52 AM

Lsherm: Skeuomorph: "Nobody's forcing black girls to have babies. It's a personal decision."

On the contrary, Bill, you are literally forcing them to, by systematically removing every "pro-choice" option. And f you take away those options, you now have responsibility for that child.  You need to feed them, educate them, give them jobs... That's now your decision.

I like how the complete lack of personal responsibility has so pervaded the liberal mindset that they think if they can't abort a baby that's "forcing" someone to have a baby.  It's as if the thought of birth control or even a little self-control is beyond the ability of a normal human being.  That's what liberals think about other people - that they are wild animals with no ability to control themselves.

Why do you have so little faith in your fellow humans, Skeuomorph?


He's seen what life is like with conservatives in control.
 
2013-07-23 09:47:09 AM

bdub77: His ignore list must be staggering.


Enough to fill the Albert Hall.  By the way, welcome to it.  F*ck all the dime store, 8th grade lunch table snotty remark brigade straight up their asses.  You're welcome.  Topics.  Look it up.
 
2013-07-23 09:51:46 AM

bunner: bdub77: His ignore list must be staggering.

Enough to fill the Albert Hall.  By the way, welcome to it.  F*ck all the dime store, 8th grade lunch table snotty remark brigade straight up their asses.  You're welcome.  Topics.  Look it up.


keep it up, this thread is going to be blank to you...
 
2013-07-23 09:53:31 AM
See, here's the deal. FARK.com is, allegedly, a website that aggregates news stories and allows users to comment, pontificate upon and engage in discourse thereabout and therewith.  If you shut off all the people who come here to stir up sh*t, incite anger and generally act like dicks, straw man architects and amateur projectionists with anonymity, the site works as designed.  Isn't technology wonderful.  Clean break.  Go.
 
2013-07-23 09:54:25 AM

ManateeGag: bunner: bdub77: His ignore list must be staggering.

Enough to fill the Albert Hall.  By the way, welcome to it.  F*ck all the dime store, 8th grade lunch table snotty remark brigade straight up their asses.  You're welcome.  Topics.  Look it up.

keep it up, this thread is going to be blank to you...


Thank you for your concern.
 
2013-07-23 09:59:57 AM
8 and a half minutes?!  I think I'll stick with removing my own gall bladder with a spoon, thanks.  Much more enjoyable.
 
2013-07-23 10:02:38 AM
I remember when Holder said Americans were cowards afraid to have a conversation about race.

I also remember how as soon as you bring it up the conversation is stifled by someone calling someone a racist for wanting to have that conversation.
 
2013-07-23 10:06:20 AM

Giltric: I remember when Holder said Americans were cowards afraid to have a conversation about race.

I also remember how as soon as you bring it up the conversation is stifled by someone calling someone a racist for wanting to have that conversation.


Which is sort of the problem.  So far, the solution to the two disparate societies in America on any front is to immediately kidnap the high ground morally by barking your deeply felt disdain for anybody who acknowledges it, bask in your piety and wander back to your more tidy life where either such problems don't exist, or you demand to be allowed to blame them for everything.  With your halo or crutch intact.  So far, it ain't dong sh*t.
 
2013-07-23 10:06:37 AM
He has some valid points.
 
2013-07-23 10:09:09 AM
"The culture that we have in this nation does lead to criminal profiling, because young black men are so often involved in crime."

It's cyclical, Bill. Let's use an example.

For example, LOTS (and I mean LOTS) of people smoke marijuana. Many of them carry that stuff with them into cars. Not just black people, white people, hispanics. Lots of people smoke weed. I don't know the statistics but it's pretty common.

Now, if you continually profile black people and pull them over 5 times more often than white people and once pulled over they are 10 times more prone to a search of the car, what do you think the result is? More black people arrested and incarcerated.

And what is the impact of that? They go to jail (perhaps, depending on circumstances), they may be punished in terms of the circumstances of their jobs, education, etc. And as more black people live in poverty, they are less likely to be able to hire a competent lawyer to get off. So they do the jail time or pay hefty fines. They are therefore more likely to re-enter the cycle of poverty and do more jailtime because of their inability to move out of the circumstances of their situation. Many end up long-term in jail.

Now let's say men are much more likely than women to end up in jail. Now to O'Reilly's next point.

"They blame the barbarity on guns or poor education or lack of jobs. Rarely do they define the problem accurately. The reason there is so much violence and chaos is because of the disintegration of the African American family."

Wonder why that is, Bill? Is it because it isn't one thing?

The problem is cyclical, and you can't nail one thing down as the sole cause. Crime is the result of disintegration of family life, which is the result of poverty, which is the result of lack of education AND racial profiling, which is the result of crime...which is the result of disintegration of family life...And each one defines another.

it goes on and on my friend.

Improving education, legalizing drugs, reducing recidivism, and recognizing our own personal biases that lead to racial profiling would go a long way toward fixing the cyclical problems that plague the 'black community' which is not as much a community as it is a group of people who share a common skin color and experience as the result of that skin color.
 
2013-07-23 10:11:42 AM
In other news, Bill O'Reilly isn't black and doesn't live in a black community.
 
2013-07-23 10:12:34 AM

Rascalian: He has some valid points.


Which is what I stated initially, but adding that - should somebody get all "looka here, Mr. O'Reilly" about the obviously bankrupt, hypocritical, and detrimental clusterf*ck that is greed culture - unka Bill would likely have a harrumph fit.  My essential tenet is that we either all sit down and address the actual dispensing mechanisms for ALL the various flavors of horsesh*t we tell ourselves, without looking for a bolthole for whatever might serve us as individuals more conveniently or it's just gonna implode.
 
2013-07-23 10:16:19 AM

Kuta: In other news, Bill O'Reilly isn't black and doesn't live in a black community.


Isn't that sort of a bullsh*t and racist excuse for anything?  Like, at all?
 
2013-07-23 10:18:27 AM
See if Bill can replace every reference to black with references to "The Irish" and then we can talk.
 
2013-07-23 10:19:15 AM

bdub77: Crime is the result of disintegration of family life, which is the result of poverty, which is the result of lack of education AND racial profiling, which is the result of crime...which is the result of disintegration of family life...And each one defines another.


I'm sorry, but this is bullshiat. Poor has been prevalent in human history, not rich. Were your claim true, families would never have formed.  In historical terms, our "poor" are wealthy.

This is not a wealth issue.
 
2013-07-23 10:22:34 AM

bdub77: For example, LOTS (and I mean LOTS) of people smoke marijuana. Many of them carry that stuff with them into cars. Not just black people, white people, hispanics. Lots of people smoke weed. I don't know the statistics but it's pretty common.

Now, if you continually profile black people and pull them over 5 times more often than white people and once pulled over they are 10 times more prone to a search of the car, what do you think the result is? More black people arrested and incarcerated.


How come an entire group of people doesn't figure out they get pulled over 5 times more than anyone else and instead of leaving he herb or gun at home they still take it with them in the car?
 
2013-07-23 10:22:44 AM
I like how people always frame it as "problems in the black community," as though it were somehow exclusive to black people. They point out that the statistics, but ignore the other side of those statistics - it literally states that all other races suffer from the same problems to some degree. Clearly, then, there must be some other source of the problems.

Gee, I wonder what other things could breed crime, poor education, and large families born from unexpected pregnancies.


If you can't figure out why "liberals" think you're a racist for focusing only on the black community while quoting statistics that show that all races have the same issues in low-income areas, then you're probably just farking stupid. And racist.

Now, we can have a conversation on the effects of generational poverty, but that would bring out the "welfare" hounds.
 
2013-07-23 10:23:23 AM
We were raised in a culture that promised endless growth and opportunity for anybody who wants to stand on their own two feet. Let's overlook that we bought this untenable load of crap and focus on the fact that the grease that kept that machinery moving has been scraped off and moved to either offshore factories or offshore accounts and look really hard at what's left.  And admit that if we're, any of us not blessed with an elite pedigree, are going to survive - we're gonna have to look at the fact that white people in this country were utter bastards for along time, that most of those utter bastards are dead and that you can't climb out of a hole with crooked  crutch.
 
2013-07-23 10:24:45 AM

Rascalian: He has some valid points.


If you're a simpleton, yes. I mean everything he says makes sense, right? Except his logic is linear and not cyclical. In fact the problem isn't even cyclical. It's a bunch of self-reinforcing issues. Lack of education can result both from lack of home life, poverty, and drugs. Crime can result from lack of education and poverty and family life. Murder can result from lack of education and drugs and poverty and family life, and to some smaller degree some gangsta rap videos. Use of drugs can result from poverty, lack of education or career, family life.

Can't it be a multitude of separately addressable yet tightly aligned issues? Why do people think it's just a few?
 
2013-07-23 10:27:08 AM

Giltric: bdub77: For example, LOTS (and I mean LOTS) of people smoke marijuana. Many of them carry that stuff with them into cars. Not just black people, white people, hispanics. Lots of people smoke weed. I don't know the statistics but it's pretty common.

Now, if you continually profile black people and pull them over 5 times more often than white people and once pulled over they are 10 times more prone to a search of the car, what do you think the result is? More black people arrested and incarcerated.

How come an entire group of people doesn't figure out they get pulled over 5 times more than anyone else and instead of leaving he herb or gun at home they still take it with them in the car?


Because people on weed are dumb. Take the teenager who put his dick on a Subway sandwich, for example. I'm just sayin. But you're correct in that it's not exactly rocket science.

I think the gun culture thing is very problematic.
 
2013-07-23 10:27:46 AM

Kuta: In other news, Bill O'Reilly isn't black and doesn't live in a black community.


I am not black but I have lived in a couple different "black" communities.

And by black I mean low rent, low income communities...ie poor......but in order to give my children something better than a roach infested apartment and a landlord that never replaced the boiler for the apartment building leaving the residents with no heat for 3 years I figured I had to do something about it myself instead of waiting for superman to come rescue me.


But that would be considered bootstrappy...which liberals have turned into a word that is as vile as the word nigg*r
 
2013-07-23 10:31:20 AM
I don't like O'Reilly but he was just about 100% correct there.
 
2013-07-23 10:31:35 AM

bunner: Kuta: In other news, Bill O'Reilly isn't black and doesn't live in a black community.

Isn't that sort of a bullsh*t and racist excuse for anything?  Like, at all?


The only valid points made in that rant were the statistics about the rates of homicides committed by black youth versus non-black youth.

The rest of his rant was attributing cause to the statistics. There were no evidence provided for any of his other assertions. Not to say that some of his points aren't contributing factors, but he did not present anything even remotely resembling an even-handed conversation. He said that himself up front that as a pundit his "conversation" would be anything but.

His audience wanted to hear him say those things, so he said them, whether or not they are true. His only solutions were to tap his magic wand and instantly change everyone's mindset no matter where they live. And if that doesn't work immediately, then the government should dismantle the social safety net.

No, O'Reilly didn't make some valid points. He made one single, solitary valid point and the rest was his opinions, standard tropes and rhetoric.
 
2013-07-23 10:31:48 AM

Shryke: I'm sorry, but this is bullshiat. Poor has been prevalent in human history, not rich. Were your claim true, families would never have formed.  In historical terms, our "poor" are wealthy.

This is not a wealth issue.


Marriages are under considerable strain under impoverished conditions, moreso than others. Wage stagnation in this country hasn't helped. Poverty can make marriage much more difficult. Have you never fought over money or bills?

Anyway it's not the sole source. It's multi-factorial.
 
2013-07-23 10:34:28 AM

Giltric: But that would be considered bootstrappy...which liberals have turned into a word that is as vile as the word nigg*r


Nah.  It's just really difficult to do when you can't afford boots.  And anybody who thinks that this problem is solely the domain of a specific ethnic group isn't reading the papers.  The guy up the street who hasn't got a pot to piss in either isn't the problem.  It's the guy with 16 bathrooms who pays his Chinese workers 27¢ a day.  That being said, you have to try and do something about your circumstances in spite of avaricious old men dismantling the ground you're standing on.  Ghettos are how you live, not where you live. And thy can be installed anywhere by people of any color.  All it takes is one person taking without putting back, one person expecting without trying and one person telling them to blame each other and acept the things that created the ghetto as "the way it is.
 
2013-07-23 10:36:56 AM

Kuta: The rest of his rant was attributing cause to the statistics.


So, statistics are just manufactured at random in some office someplace and tacked up on phone poles for review?  There are no causative or correlative effects?  'Cause, like, I think that's the whole point of statistics.
 
2013-07-23 10:38:59 AM

bdub77: Shryke: I'm sorry, but this is bullshiat. Poor has been prevalent in human history, not rich. Were your claim true, families would never have formed.  In historical terms, our "poor" are wealthy.

This is not a wealth issue.

Marriages are under considerable strain under impoverished conditions, moreso than others. Wage stagnation in this country hasn't helped. Poverty can make marriage much more difficult. Have you never fought over money or bills?

Anyway it's not the sole source. It's multi-factorial.


I will point out that every race of immigrant to this country came dirt-poor and oppressed to one degree or another. Yet families endured - spectacularly, in many cases. Did the Depression destroy the family unit? Hardly.

Further, were your claim true, wealth should at least provide some strengthening of the family unit. Do you have evidence of that? Are American blacks, surely among the wealthiest of black populations globally, enjoying better marriage statistics than their African counterparts, for example?
 
2013-07-23 10:40:02 AM
Billy's got his facts straight and makes some good points (shudder).

Nobody wants to talk about the massively lopsided crime statistics. You're shouted down as a racist if you even bring it up. I watched a few weeks ago as one farker claimed per capita statistics were racist.

Can't do anything but shake your head and laugh, really. It's hard to fix anything when people just want to play the race card and not address the problem itself.
 
2013-07-23 10:41:34 AM

bunner: It's the guy with 16 bathrooms who pays his Chinese workers 27¢ a day.


Bah. This is leftist nonsense, and certainly not the problem.
 
2013-07-23 10:42:31 AM

Shryke: leftist nonsense


And that's where you just put on your 1955 goggles and lost the plot.
 
2013-07-23 10:45:29 AM
A man known for hyperbole on a network known for hyperbole and racism is going to tell people we need a mature conversation about the state of the "black community"...  yeah that'll go over well...
 
2013-07-23 10:45:54 AM
Some of the people in this thread have decided that I am either a leftist libby lib libby tard or a grinding racist GOPer already, simply because topic of this thread demands that you come to the table with one of those views and a sense of superiority that you do not subscribe to whichever one you are certain is wrong.  And that's the whole problem.
 
2013-07-23 10:47:47 AM
If your only sorting filter is a false dichotomy, the particular line it is drawn upon irrelevant at best, then you never learn, change or view anything accurately.  You just whack away with that hammer until whatever you're dealing with looks like a nail.
 
2013-07-23 10:48:25 AM

bunner: Some of the people in this thread have decided that I am either a leftist libby lib libby tard or a grinding racist GOPer already, simply because topic of this thread demands that you come to the table with one of those views and a sense of superiority that you do not subscribe to whichever one you are certain is wrong.  And that's the whole problem.


I decried your statement, not you personally. You should learn the difference.
 
2013-07-23 10:50:11 AM

Shryke: I will point out that every race of immigrant to this country came dirt-poor and oppressed to one degree or another. Yet families endured - spectacularly, in many cases. Did the Depression destroy the family unit? Hardly.

Further, were your claim true, wealth should at least provide some strengthening of the family unit. Do you have evidence of that? Are American blacks, surely among the wealthiest of black populations globally, enjoying better marriage statistics than their African counterparts, for example?


Marriage rates decreased by almost 20% the first few years of the Great Depression, and increased mainly because women had increasing unemployment problems and therefore married to escape their own monetary problems.

Second, marriage rates among middle and upper class families have not declined, while marriage rates have plummeted both for white and minority working-class families. This isn't really about white vs. black.
 
2013-07-23 10:50:23 AM

Shryke: You should learn the difference.


Strike two.  And my statement is spot on.  There's only so many slices of pizza the fat guy can eat until you have to serve your family the carton for supper.
 
2013-07-23 10:51:25 AM

Wall_of_Doodoo: bunner: Kuta: The rest of his rant was attributing cause to the statistics.

So, statistics are just manufactured at random in some office someplace and tacked up on phone poles for review?  There are no causative or correlative effects?  'Cause, like, I think that's the whole point of statistics.

But it's a rich WHITE guy talking about poor BLACK people statistics and therefore racist by its very nature.

If there's one thing you should know by now, it's that statistics are one of the most racists of the maths. (the worst offender, of course, is multiplying fractions. It totally hates the blacks.)


7/10 comedy relief.   :  )
 
2013-07-23 10:51:51 AM

bunner: Some of the people in this thread have decided that I am either a leftist libby lib libby tard or a grinding racist GOPer already, simply because topic of this thread demands that you come to the table with one of those views and a sense of superiority that you do not subscribe to whichever one you are certain is wrong.  And that's the whole problem.


dude are you a worker for some kind of false flag operation trying to shut down discussion on black issues with gibberish?
 
2013-07-23 10:52:34 AM

Lsherm:  like how the complete lack of personal responsibility has so pervaded the liberal mindset that they think if they can't abort a baby that's "forcing" someone to have a baby.  It's as if the thought of birth control or even a little self-control is beyond the ability of a normal human being.  That's what liberals think about other people - that they are wild animals with no ability to control themselves.

Why do you have so little faith in your fellow humans, Skeuomorph?


Because in all humans, liberal or conservative, hindsight works better than foresight.  You can't stop people from making mistakes, human nature is to believe bad things happen to others, not oneself.  Once reality kicks in is when people most need a safety net.

If it can happen to the Palins, it can happen to you.  Kids pretty much are unable to control themselves because they simply don't grasp the consequences until it's too late.
 
2013-07-23 10:53:08 AM

GF named my left testicle thundercles: dude are you a worker for some kind of false flag operation trying to shut down discussion on black issues with gibberish?


Ha ha.  You said dude.  Bye.
 
2013-07-23 10:53:14 AM

Wall_of_Doodoo: But it's a rich WHITE guy talking about poor BLACK people statistics and therefore racist by its very nature.


not just a rich white guy, Carl Sagan was a rich white guy Mr Rogers was a rich white guy... this is a rich white partisan blowhard from right wing nutter news network.
 
2013-07-23 11:02:00 AM
This isn't just about race.  It's about addressing the fact that the captains of industry have f*cked off with a lot of futures, pensions and jobs in the trunk of the getaway car.  Broken, dysfunctional cultures are broken dysfunctional cultures - regardless of the numbers on the tax return of any given participant - and that "oh, you're just racist" is not an answer, a solution or a remedy for any given culture's dysfunction.  Let's not even get into the fact that the label says "E Puribus Unum" and we're only supposed to be a culture of mutual goals.
 
2013-07-23 11:03:19 AM
Btw, "Oh, you're just poor and jealous and lazy" isn't a panacea for THAT dysfunctional culture, either.
 
2013-07-23 11:03:50 AM

bunner: Strike two.


Hah.

And my statement is spot on. There's only so many slices of pizza the fat guy can eat until you have to serve your family the carton for supper.

The premise of this claim relies on the idea that there is a fixed amount of wealth available, and (of course), the pig rich are taking too much of it. This is a leftist theory, and counter to reality.  Wealth is created and expanded over time. Even the evil pig rich must, and do, distribute their wealth to the other classes, continually. Wealth isn't eaten, nor is it static.

Ironically, the countries that do attempt to remedy your claimed injustice with command economies and heroic redistribution are without exception spectacular failures. And usually very bloody ones.
 
2013-07-23 11:11:44 AM

bunner: Nabb1: It's not like you've actually rebutted anything he said with any actual facts or counter-arguments. I generally think O'Reilly is a gas bag, but if I'm going to dispute something he said, I bring something to the table other than misdirection and as hominem.

*clicks authority posture count*

Ahma clue you in on something.

I don't work for you.

*clicks ignore*




Awwwwww, how cute.
 
2013-07-23 11:13:53 AM

bunner: Kuta: The rest of his rant was attributing cause to the statistics.

So, statistics are just manufactured at random in some office someplace and tacked up on phone poles for review?  There are no causative or correlative effects?  'Cause, like, I think that's the whole point of statistics.


O'Reilly doesn't get into any sort of depth to determine causative or correlative effects. Show me where he does. He single data point is not an honest effort at analysis.

In fact, he doesn't want to make that effort. He wants to sound like he's responding to Obama and does it by painting African American "culture" in the worst possible light. His "solutions" are traditional talking points and sound bites that pander to his audience.

That's the bullshiat of it all. He's telling his mostly white, male, suburban, married, conservative audience that what worked for them will work for everyone. And more to the point, that his path is the right path for good living.

Well guess what? Obama's existence tells us that every day that a person from unfortunate circumstances can overcome and become the most powerful person in the world.

Obama's story and experiences are inspirational. Bill O'Reilly's ranting is not.
 
2013-07-23 11:15:40 AM

Shryke: bunner: Strike two.

Hah.

And my statement is spot on. There's only so many slices of pizza the fat guy can eat until you have to serve your family the carton for supper.

The premise of this claim relies on the idea that there is a fixed amount of wealth available, and (of course), the pig rich are taking too much of it. This is a leftist theory, and counter to reality.  Wealth is created and expanded over time. Even the evil pig rich must, and do, distribute their wealth to the other classes, continually. Wealth isn't eaten, nor is it static.

Ironically, the countries that do attempt to remedy your claimed injustice with command economies and heroic redistribution are without exception spectacular failures. And usually very bloody ones.


Yah, I read P. J. O'Rourke too.  There is a definitive amount of wealth.  It's called earth.  The bank notes are just IOUs for it.  Try collecting on them.  And printing them like confetti at a parade doesn't create more wealth.  It just igves more leverage to the people who already have hoovered up most of it

Shryke: Even the evil pig rich must, and do, distribute their wealth to the other classes


Barista tips and  lapdances do not a fluid economy make.

Shryke: Ironically, the countries that do attempt to remedy your claimed injustice with command economies and heroic redistribution are without exception spectacular failures.


Yeah, Swden is F*CKED, yo.  Just the other day I saw the ghost of Lenin grinning like a pig towards Gothenburg.
 
2013-07-23 11:18:30 AM

Kuta: Obama's story and experiences are inspirational. Bill O'Reilly's ranting is not.


Thank you for pointing out the precise color of the blanket on your pony entered in this heat.  Clarification promotes discourse.  BTW, Bill O' Reilly is a bit of a douchebag and Obama really isn't Christ.  Neither of which obvious facts stack up to f*ck all here.
 
2013-07-23 11:20:46 AM
You can either live in a community gated by thugs, alarm systems and dogs or in a community gated by violent crime, dope and racially motivated suspicions, but when those are the only two communities left, who - precisely - won?
 
2013-07-23 11:21:32 AM
Shryke:
The premise of this claim relies on the idea that there is a fixed amount of wealth available, and (of course), the pig rich are taking too much of it. This is a leftist theory, and counter to reality.  Wealth is created and expanded over time. Even the evil pig rich must, and do, distribute their wealth to the other classes, continually. Wealth isn't eaten, nor is it static.

Ironically, the countries that do attempt to remedy your claimed injustice with command economies and heroic redistribution are without exception spectacular failures. And usually very bloody ones.


And just how is this wealth created and expanded over time? Working harder?

If you're not mining or farming, you're just moving money around. Try to move it faster than the other guy and don't go into debt.
 
2013-07-23 11:23:54 AM

Kuta: If you're not mining or farming, you're just moving money around. Try to move it faster than the other guy and don't go into debt.


Bonus, the money is debt.  Wall St. is essentially a game of musical chairs in a bookie joint.  And every so often, they clean out the till.
 
2013-07-23 11:32:48 AM

bunner: There is a definitive amount of wealth. It's called earth.


And we have barely scratched the surface. Literally.

The bank notes are just IOUs for it.  Try collecting on them.  And printing them like confetti at a parade doesn't create more wealth.  It just igves more leverage to the people who already have hoovered up most of it

Are you criticizing money itself now? Are you also denying the global supply of wealth has somehow stayed static relative to the population? You are aware that is completely counter to all known measures?

Yeah, Swden is F*CKED, yo

Sweden is capitalist and highly interested in staying that way. High tax rates do not equal command economies. Oh, and one of the large reasons why Sweden has recovered from the 90's was their lowering of corporate taxes.

Barista tips and  lapdances do not a fluid economy make.

Is that right? What about the places they work? Or their wages? I assume this is a hint at a future "living wage" statement - I will pass.
 
2013-07-23 11:33:59 AM

Shryke: Even the evil pig rich must, and do, distribute their wealth to the other classes


Not to put too fine of a pernt on dis here, but.. ain't we sposed to be a casteless, classless, free and equal society?  Or did somebody buy that, too?
 
2013-07-23 11:35:59 AM
Black, white, yellow, red or green.. don't ALLOW them to keep popping out the damned kids! 2 and no more welfare benefits. PERIOD! That's it.
Years ago, a buddy's wife tried to fix me up with a friend of hers at a party we had on the river. Chic was hot.. then found out she had 3 kids and no job.  Sure enough, she was in gov housing. Nipped that in the bud.
No job, but had a BIG flat screen tv, new fridge (ice maker/water disp.), and wound up buying a new computer off me...
A couple years later, she calls again and gets a laptop off me and has more kids. Just called a few months ago to purchase some RAM (then never showed up) and now has 6 kids, with one on the way.
This ignorant BS of popping out a damned kid every 2 or 3 years to keep a check coming in is the main problem.  Bet if there were no funds for them, they wouldn't be having them!
 
2013-07-23 11:36:32 AM
I guess the truth hurts a little don't it. Someone had to say it.
 
2013-07-23 11:37:06 AM

Kuta: If you're not mining or farming, you're just moving money around.


You seriously believe this? Medical and technical research is moving money around? The industrial revolution? "Wealth" isn't comprised solely of source materials, Kuta. Do you realize that, for a sum less than $100, you can own a device that can access 99% of the world's combined knowledge, instantly? That such access was impossible just 3 short decades ago?
 
2013-07-23 11:39:08 AM

bunner: Shryke: Even the evil pig rich must, and do, distribute their wealth to the other classes

Not to put too fine of a pernt on dis here, but.. ain't we sposed to be a casteless, classless, free and equal society?  Or did somebody buy that, too?


In the frame of this debate, I must differentiate between populations. I am using your preferred terms as a convenience.
 
2013-07-23 11:41:01 AM

Coolfusis: If you can't figure out why "liberals" think you're a racist for focusing only on the black community while quoting statistics that show that all races have the same issues in low-income areas, then you're probably just farking stupid. And racist.


Yeah, farking crazy to focus on the group that has disporportionate problems with those issues.
How racist.
 
2013-07-23 11:42:20 AM

Shryke: Kuta: If you're not mining or farming, you're just moving money around.

You seriously believe this? Medical and technical research is moving money around? The industrial revolution? "Wealth" isn't comprised solely of source materials, Kuta. Do you realize that, for a sum less than $100, you can own a device that can access 99% of the world's combined knowledge, instantly? That such access was impossible just 3 short decades ago?


I think he was making a point about primary economic activity versus secondary industry, tertiary etc.
 
2013-07-23 11:42:43 AM
@Kuta - Obama didn't grow up on the streets of Southern Detroit. He grew up in a privileged white house hold in Hawaii.
 
2013-07-23 11:43:12 AM

Shryke: Are you criticizing money itself now?


It started out as a great idea.  But bank notes were NEVER anything more than IOUs.  IOUs for what has changed, not the function.  Let's try this.  "Sell me your car.  I'm sort of 16,000,000,000,000.00 short, atm, but I can give you a check."

Shryke: Sweden is capitalist and highly interested in staying that way. High tax rates do not equal command economies.


Sweden is socialist inasmuch as they have a government that utilizes a robust capitalist engine to serve the common needs of common people.  And rich motherf*ckers, too.  That's what socialism is.  Not Marx wiping his dick on your drapes while you work 100 hours a week.  that being said, capitalism, socialism, and to a much lesser extent, even communism are not be all end all one blanket that covers all asses.  They're components.  Use as necessary.  Like wrenches, hammer and screwdrivers.  and who the hell is in favor of "command economies"?

Shryke: I assume this is a hint at a future "living wage" statement - I will pass.


How wonderful for you that you needn't worry about what constitutes a living wage.  It's not impressive or useful but it's nice to know somebody is  keeping high end goods manufacturers lights on.
 
2013-07-23 11:43:59 AM

Shryke: I am using your preferred terms


No you're not.
 
2013-07-23 11:47:20 AM

TheMega: No job, but had a BIG flat screen tv, new fridge (ice maker/water disp.), and wound up buying a new computer off me...A couple years later, she calls again and gets a laptop off me and has more kids.


So you're saying she's a job creator?
 
2013-07-23 11:47:29 AM

TheMega: Black, white, yellow, red or green.. don't ALLOW them to keep popping out the damned kids! 2 and no more welfare benefits. PERIOD! That's it.


Then what.

The type of person who is going to pop out 3 kids with no good job prospects is not the person to really look into exactly how much they can get from uncle sam.

Under your plan we are still going to have just as many moochers, but now they are goign to be poorer, and have less of the tools to learn to make the right decisions.

I am curious if you support sex ed, free condoms, free after school programs, and affrodable abortions?
 
2013-07-23 11:50:30 AM

bunner: That's what socialism is.


http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/socialism

You are incorrect. Sweden is over 90% privately owned. This is the direct opposite of socialism.

It started out as a great idea.

I'd like to hear your solution.
 
2013-07-23 11:52:50 AM

bdub77: Nabb1: bunner: Nabb1: It's not like you've actually rebutted anything he said with any actual facts or counter-arguments. I generally think O'Reilly is a gas bag, but if I'm going to dispute something he said, I bring something to the table other than misdirection and as hominem.

*clicks authority posture count*

Ahma clue you in on something.

I don't work for you.

*clicks ignore*

That's a mature response.

His ignore list must be staggering.


People really use the ignore button?
 
2013-07-23 11:57:11 AM

TheMega: Bet if there were no funds for them, they wouldn't be having them!


[ohwaityoureserious.jpg]
 
2013-07-23 11:58:10 AM
Look, Bill O'Reilly is an asshat.  Won't watch, don't care if I'm less of a human being because I didn't.  Just wondering how amazed he was that blacks weren't yelling for iced tea in ghetto voices when he went to Sylvia's in Harlem or whatever.

If you don't think there's an ongoing dialogue in the black community about blackness, about poverty, about how embarrassing some blacks are, you're an idiot.

If you don't think any prospective open dialogue about race in this country isn't immediately shut down by a bunch of asshat white dudes immediately stepping up and saying what's on their mind, you're an idiot.
 
2013-07-23 11:58:33 AM

bunner: Shryke: I am using your preferred terms

No you're not.


Oh?

bunner: profit über alles morons


bunner: slices of pizza the fat guy can eat


You will need to give me an approved list then.
 
2013-07-23 11:58:38 AM

Wall_of_Doodoo: Headso: Wall_of_Doodoo: But it's a rich WHITE guy talking about poor BLACK people statistics and therefore racist by its very nature.

not just a rich white guy, Carl Sagan was a rich white guy Mr Rogers was a rich white guy... this is a rich white partisan blowhard from right wing nutter news network.

Yeah, so? That's kind of his point (or Adam Carrolla's point who has said literally the same thing for more than a decade). Nobody's addressing whatever the real problems are regardless of race.


If you look at college enrollment rates and crime in general and teen birth rates they have been continually heading in positive directions for all races, all the bloviating by right wing hacks including Adam Carrolla doesn't address that ever. People within their own communities are addressing and dealing with these issues, human trash like O'reilly don't help with any of that, you'd have to be insane to think having a holier than thou blowhard telling people "how it is" would help in anyway.
 
2013-07-23 11:59:03 AM

Shryke: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/socialism


Ostensibly etched in stone semantics, let alone pedantry, does not an argument make.  But you know that.

Shryke: You are incorrect. Sweden is over 90% privately owned. This is the direct opposite of socialism.


Private ownership does not constitute a feudal capitalist state of unbridled avarice.  Socialism isn't about eschewing a capitalist engine or funneling all the money into the Kremlin.  It's about what you do with the money you DO funnel into public coffers.  The ghetto isn't where you live, it's how you live.  Ghettos with a few mansions sprinkled near the crackhouses are still ghettos and equally the fault of the prick who needs 16 bathroom to feel like a "success" and pays f*ck all in taxes and crack heads blowing their EBT benefits for crack.  There is no direct opposite of socialism or any other ism anymore that there are direct opposites between the accelerator and the brakes.  They're different components that do different things, both necessary.

Shryke: I'd like to hear your solution.


Simple.  Shake the etch a sketch.  Physics are a b*tch.  It's gonna get shaken anyhoo.  Wouldn't you prefer it be shaken by those of your purportendly "too well off to worry about all this 'living wage' fol de rol" class, as you put it?
 
2013-07-23 11:59:51 AM

Shryke: You will need to give me an approved list then.


English without the piss pose works for me.  Got any?
 
2013-07-23 12:00:31 PM

chewielouie: People really use the ignore button?


Oh my, yes.  It's ever so useful.
 
2013-07-23 12:02:58 PM
"I am dismissive and find your assertions a joke at best and I shall reinforce this continuously until my posture of authority, against which you are obliged to mount a defense, is self evident."   Or you know, there's Netflix.
 
2013-07-23 12:08:17 PM

Shryke: bunner: profit über alles morons


And yes, I do quite assert that if one spends one's entire time on this planet hoarding pieces on intaglio stamped linen as a be all end all of life itself - and do so on the backs of the people who bring it in the door for a pittance - so that they can arrive at the boneyard in a seriously snazzy coffin, that they are, indeed, a clinically identifiable moron.
 
2013-07-23 12:11:07 PM

bunner: Ostensibly etched in stone semantics, let alone pedantry, does not an argument make. But you know that.


Yes yes, dictionaries and definitions are pedantic.

bunner: Private ownership does not constitute a feudal capitalist state of unbridled avarice.


Great? It also doesn't constitute pudding. Are you seriously offering that laughable strawman as a counterpoint?

bunner: It's about what you do with the money you DO funnel into public coffers.

...There is no direct opposite of socialism or any other ism anymore that there are direct opposites between the accelerator and the brakes.

Redefining English to suit your whims is hardly creative, much less a valid argument.  Capitalism and socialism are on opposite ends of a spectrum, by definition. Why this is unacceptable to you puzzles me.
 
2013-07-23 12:13:15 PM

chewielouie: I don't like O'Reilly but he was just about 100% correct there.


Agreed
 
2013-07-23 12:15:07 PM

bunner: This isn't just about race.  It's about addressing the fact that the captains of industry have f*cked off with a lot of futures, pensions and jobs in the trunk of the getaway car.  Broken, dysfunctional cultures are broken dysfunctional cultures - regardless of the numbers on the tax return of any given participant - and that "oh, you're just racist" is not an answer, a solution or a remedy for any given culture's dysfunction.  Let's not even get into the fact that the label says "E Puribus Unum" and we're only supposed to be a culture of mutual goals.


Statistically speaking, the black community does not have the education required to work for the captains of industry.

Not the captains of industries fault....find something else to blame.
 
2013-07-23 12:15:33 PM

bunner: and do so on the backs of the people who bring it in the door for a pittance


I truly don't understand this mindset. The eternally "oppressed" poor, even "stolen" from. That said, I also know that no amount of evidence would challenge you to rethink this claim, even if I point to Sam Walton or other examples of economic freedom and success from the very lowest of economic beginnings.
 
2013-07-23 12:18:17 PM

Shryke: Are you seriously offering that laughable strawman as a counterpoint?


Since you're into definitions, look up straw man.  And so far, "laughable' is the only dig you got that seems to hunt.  And not every well.

Shryke: Redefining English to suit your whims


Oh, Prunella.  Get you.   :  ) This is where you play the "well, apparently your're incapable of SERIOUSLY addressing my clearly unimpeachable logic so I can't be bothered" card.  You can't be bothered with a lot of things, Ahab.  Still not impressed.  Let alone with somebody who says that brakes and accelerators are very much total opposites, because it sort of says "the car is irrelevant". If I ever need to pronounce everything that doesdn't fit into whatever pamphlet I'm working off of as irrelevant, feel free to put some cyanide in my coffee.
 
2013-07-23 12:19:20 PM
The left does not want the black community to succeed.

It would be like cutting the umbilical cord of an overbearing mother and her 30 year old offspring......
 
2013-07-23 12:22:31 PM

Scorpitron is reduced to a thin red paste: Look, Bill O'Reilly is an asshat.  Won't watch, don't care if I'm less of a human being because I didn't.  Just wondering how amazed he was that blacks weren't yelling for iced tea in ghetto voices when he went to Sylvia's in Harlem or whatever.

If you don't think there's an ongoing dialogue in the black community about blackness, about poverty, about how embarrassing some blacks are, you're an idiot.

If you don't think any prospective open dialogue about race in this country isn't immediately shut down by a bunch of asshat white dudes immediately stepping up and saying what's on their mind, you're an idiot.


Contained in your response is part of the problem. Any "white dude" that steps up and talks about legitimate concerns - crime rates are outrageously high in the black community, and this concerns me because they are my neighbors and this affects my life - is immediately shouted down as an "asshat" and a racist for even bringing the subject up.

From the outside looking in, there is little to no outrage in the media over black on black crime. There is no outrage from the loudest black "community leaders" like Sharpton and Jackson, who instead prefer to flout the statistical anomaly as the next great civil rights crusade.

Black crime rates and black on black violence is something that does concern white Americans, who have a stake in their local community as well. You think white people want that crime ridden ghetto across the tracks? Think again.

Excluding white people from the dialog and attacking anyone who brings up the subject as a "white asshat" is one of the problems preventing people from finding a common solution.

So congrats on being part of the problem.
 
2013-07-23 12:26:04 PM

Shryke: I truly don't understand this mindset. The eternally "oppressed" poor, even "stolen" from.


Tiberius Gracchus had that mindset 2000 years ago, this isn't some new thing. Rich people are constantly trying to take it all and poor people and those who get power through that population are always trying to push back on that.
 
2013-07-23 12:29:04 PM

Shryke: bunner: and do so on the backs of the people who bring it in the door for a pittance

I truly don't understand this mindset. The eternally "oppressed" poor, even "stolen" from. That said, I also know that no amount of evidence would challenge you to rethink this claim, even if I point to Sam Walton or other examples of economic freedom and success from the very lowest of economic beginnings.


Look, don't take this personally, but you long ago lost interest in the gist of topic of this thread, as broad and mind as it is, and put on your "watch me straighten this poor schmuck out" hat on.  And it's past it's sell by.  Are you done, or should I just  nod and sigh and nudge you to your next "poor, uneducated, sap"?

And,  to respond to that post, THEY ROLLED UP THE SIDEWALKS, DADDY O, AND SAM WALTON IS DEAD AND MAKING A FORTUNE OFF CHEAP CHINESE CRAP ISN'T EXACTLY BOOTSTRAPPY.  You buy dogsh*t, sell it at a markup by the airplane hangar full and leverage loans to build the utterly disposable airplane hangars cause "real property!" and you pay the mooks who begrudgingly ring it up in food stamps and gas money.  Ain't exactly Horatio Alger, is it?  Make the last smirk count.
 
2013-07-23 12:29:20 PM

Nabb1: bunner: Nabb1: It's not like you've actually rebutted anything he said with any actual facts or counter-arguments. I generally think O'Reilly is a gas bag, but if I'm going to dispute something he said, I bring something to the table other than misdirection and as hominem.

*clicks authority posture count*

Ahma clue you in on something.

I don't work for you.

*clicks ignore*

That's a mature response.


Looks to me like you went Ass first.
 
2013-07-23 12:45:11 PM

Elegy: From the outside looking in, there is little to no outrage in the media over black on black crime. There is no outrage from the loudest black "community leaders" like Sharpton and Jackson, who instead prefer to flout the statistical anomaly as the next great civil rights crusade.


That's because nothing much changed for yeas for black people in this country until they started burning sh*t down.  And if it means we chase all the money out of the neighborhoods, if it mans we tolerate and tacitly encourage a culture of violence, if it means we let our own people poison us with dope, greed and misogyny, as long as white folks are scared of us, we're OK.  Even if stuff has changed.  And it's not helping and it's not making anybody rich and it's not keeping teenagers out of coffins or jail or maternity wards and it's, so far, it's a crutch that even comedians can't pick up with a straight face anymore.  This is, like it or not, a clown suit no matter whose closet it is hanging in.  And that has to change for there to be any hope.
 
2013-07-23 12:52:34 PM

bunner: Since you're into definitions, look up straw man.


I claimed Sweden is over 90% privately held, and thus capitalist. You then somehow insisted this is not equivalent to "a feudal capitalist state of unbridled avarice".  What else would I call it? A heap of artistic license on your part?

bunner: Still not impressed.


Would you be impressed if I also changed the definitions of common terms to suit my whim? Or beat a few straw men up to further my arguments? Sadly, I must refuse.  Let me add that your beating of that tired-ass, OWS class warfare drum is boring.

bunner: Look, don't take this personally, but you long ago lost interest in the gist of topic of this thread


If you are free to offer opinions as the causes of black troubles, I am free to rebut them. Right?
 
2013-07-23 12:56:26 PM

bunner: Shryke: Even the evil pig rich must, and do, distribute their wealth to the other classes

Not to put too fine of a pernt on dis here, but.. ain't we sposed to be a casteless, classless, free and equal society?  Or did somebody buy that, too?


Oh Boy, someone is sitting in one of those nondescript warehouse style buildings feeding bile to message boards for a profit. My guess? The benefactor is the Hillary '16 campaign lol!
 
2013-07-23 12:57:51 PM

Shryke: I claimed Sweden is over 90% privately held, and thus capitalist. You then somehow insisted this is not equivalent to "a feudal capitalist state of unbridled avarice".  What else would I call it? A heap of artistic license on your part?


Think of it as trying to wax hyperbolic and somewhat politely humorous while saying "bullsh*t" about false dichotomies and inaccurate definitions.

Shryke: Would you be impressed if I also changed the definitions of common terms to suit my whim?


I didn't put that drum down.  The shell is cracked.  Yo asserted something that is wholesale malarkey but fits your prefab idealogue.  You do that a lot.  No, still not impressed.

Shryke: If you are free to offer opinions as the causes of black troubles, I am free to rebut them.


But not free to assign them to me as per your highly filtered definitions of what I am and am not saying.  That's a straw man.
 
2013-07-23 12:58:58 PM

BEER_ME_in_CT: Oh Boy, someone is sitting in one of those nondescript warehouse style buildings feeding bile to message boards for a profit. My guess? The benefactor is the Hillary '16 campaign lol!


You really do drink a lot of beer, don't ya?
 
2013-07-23 01:00:37 PM

bunner: I didn't.  Put that drum down.  The shell is cracked.  FI.

 
2013-07-23 01:07:30 PM
man ..there are a lot of really uninformed/misinformed people in this thread.

I'm not sure why I would have expected different.

The problem is the disintegration of black families? Hmm I wonder what could cause that?

> Lack of jobs/opportunity/education that has created an underground economy for which there are strict mandatory sentences of decades?
> After serving their time, strips the right to vote from entire generations of fathers? (I really hate that one)
> Forces them to not be able to live with their family again due to low income housing laws? (Thanks Clinton!)
> Prisons making a greater profit for having every bed filled and influence laws to create higher demand? (private prisons should be against the law)
> City cops being enticed to arrest as many non violent offenders as possible? (I can explain this if you would like, but it might take a paragraph)

none of that has to do with babies....

The situation is actually somewhat more complex than "stop having babies!". I hate this kind of oversimplification.
 
2013-07-23 01:09:20 PM
I thought he hit the nail in the head on this one. Let's take a step back and look at this from a different point of view. Oprah is black and is worth about a 1 billion dollars. Jay Z is black and worth close to 90 Million. Puff Daddy " Sean Combs" is black and is worth millions of dollars. So to say its to due to poverty, lack of an education, or any other excuse you can come up is insane. You can read stories about black people coming out of the ghetto and doing good. My mom raised three kids by her self with no help from welfare, the government or any other form of government service. She did it with hard work and determination to make us succeed in life.  If parents were like that today there would be no gangs, violence or number of black people in prison. Let me guess she succeed cause she white? Wrong she succeed because she wanted to. Oprah Succeeded because she worked long hours, she put fourth the effort to become the person she is today. What this country has come to is a handouts, people want everything handed to them on a silver patter. Most gangs are started up by black people or by another race who is trying to defend it self. They were not formed by white people and then handle over to the other race. Drugs are a factored in every neighborhood, the more drugs the more violence.  There really is no incentive to go to school anymore, when they can just sell drugs and make money, own nice cars and a player. So now they have the drugs, money and whats next females, these young ladies see these man as rebels and they are attracted to it, this is true in all races. So now you have the high pregnancy rate, what is other options going to do for that lady. She has abortion, how much did that cost the tax payer? Why cant the answer be "I wait till marriage before i make a life altering decision like having sex"? This country has portrayed sex as a need, you see it in tons of movie. I say we educate the black community, tell them Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are actually hurting them. They have never done one bit of good.
 
2013-07-23 01:09:28 PM

bunner: false dichotomies and inaccurate definitions.


Damn those definitions and their silly rules!  More the the point: how can you expect anyone to deal with you rationally, when you reject definitions straight from a dictionary? This is the intellectual equivalent of insisting God told you so, therefore it is true. I am going to guess you normally sneer at such arguments.
 
2013-07-23 01:10:17 PM

Perlin Noise: The situation is actually somewhat more complex than "stop having babies!". I hate this kind of oversimplification.


It's also a lot more complex that saying "whut evah, we're victims".  But that's also painfully obvious.  And I assert this upon nothing more than the results extant.  Either everybody picks up a mop or we just keep walking around that mess on the floor.
 
2013-07-23 01:15:31 PM

Shryke: This is the intellectual equivalent of insisting God told you so, therefore it is true


Of course it is dear.  Hyperbole?  Look, you're gonna a need a different leg to rub up against cause this projection screen is gonna bail on you.

Shryke: I am going to guess you normally sneer at such arguments.


Yeah, I'd expect nothing less than that more profoundly asserted assumptions.  Convenience abounds.  Oh, and that's easy.  Because dictionary definitions disregard a very important aspect of dealing with the world.  Nothing is etched in stone but the marble they park you under.  Malleable constructs.  How do they work.  Have fun shtromin da pedant olympics..
 
2013-07-23 01:15:37 PM
 
2013-07-23 01:16:41 PM
rhodges26:  I thought he hit the nail in the head on this one

Your wall of ignorance is quite impressive... *golf clap*

Almost every single sentence had flaws ...good job on that one. And no, I am not interested in arguing about them.
 
2013-07-23 01:18:35 PM
By the way, "Ha!  See?  I drove him away!  I win!" doesn't really count when you do it with insufferably self accurate pedantry, false assertions and a priggish posing as definitive rectitude.  Teh winzor!  User application error,  How does it work?
 
2013-07-23 01:20:54 PM
The problem with the "hard facts" is that it's all presented in a contextless fashion and we're asked to pretend it's somehow a valid statement on Blacks in America.

Good, you found statistics, and took the easiest and least thoughtful "lesson" from it.
 
2013-07-23 01:23:11 PM
If you enter a debate with the intention of winning, you have understood the concept.  There's judges and stuff.  If you engage in discourse with the intention of winning, you probably put sh*t on your Florsheims and put shoe polish on your roses.
 
2013-07-23 01:29:52 PM
Whats up with Bill voice and speech pattern? Haven't heard him speaking in probably close to 7-8 years and that's a pretty drastic change vocally.
 
2013-07-23 01:32:17 PM

SearchN: Whats up with Bill voice and speech pattern? Haven't heard him speaking in probably close to 7-8 years and that's a pretty drastic change vocally.


Cranky people who talk for a living also get old.
 
2013-07-23 01:36:05 PM

bunner: SearchN: Whats up with Bill voice and speech pattern? Haven't heard him speaking in probably close to 7-8 years and that's a pretty drastic change vocally.

Cranky people who talk for a living also get old.


Yea, I know. Just sounds like something is medically wrong with the guy from what he used to sound like.
 
2013-07-23 01:43:45 PM
Nicely done, Bill.

There *is* a black American holocaust going on in American cities, and we're not allowed to do ANYTHING about it except throw more money at it, because to criticize dysfunctional black culture is the height of racism, according to the chattering classes.

George Will once pointed out that if you subsidize something, you tend to get more of it. We are currently subsidizing the production of single mother families. Stop it.
 
2013-07-23 01:50:54 PM
I skipped to the bottom to drop a little knowledge from someone who actually works in the 'inner city' with 'black people.'

1) Race and poverty are not intertwined. However - poverty falls more disparately on the black community for a myriad of reasons that I will quickly list, slightly expand on, and then move on.
1a) Slavery - In the United States we had a cultural and legal institution that said black people are not worth as much as white people. Anyway you slice it, there are still people that believe this to be true.
1b) Poverty - Many blacks congregated in major metropolitan areas because it was easier to find jobs. Jobs and housing tend be of lower quality due to high demand. If 5 people want to live in an apt, 1 of them is willing to overlook just how shiatty it is. If 5 people want a job, 1 of them is willing to work minimum wage for more hours, just to keep food on the table.
1c) Education - The education system has often favored certain prime areas for better teachers. These positions tend to be lower stress and outside of the more difficult urban communities. Thus good teachers leave rough schools faster than anywhere else.
1d) Crime - both the criminal and the victim suffer certain issues. The criminal finds that crime leads to financial wealth faster and more easily than education/minimum wage jobs. The victim, if financially able, leaves the crime-ridden area as soon as possible, depleting many good citizens who could otherwise stabilize an area.

2) Generational - These factors have been building over decades and decades. Otherwise healthy families in the 1930's and 40's have watched society as a whole stand aside while they were consistently beaten down and ignored. While Civil Rights when a long way to allowing for some measurable equality, when you fought the fight and still see inequality all around you, it's tough to buy into the system.
2a) Young black men - People find ways to fit in. In communities where education is poor, community organizations are nil (think about the rec leagues and karate studios, and whatever else you may have had access to as a kid), and families feel devalued, young black men often turn towards less socially acceptable groups who engage in crime and other negative behavior as an attempt to connect to people around them. Gangs are the perfect example of this.
2b) Extended Family - I see more young black kids being raised by grandparents these days. Grandfathers tend to be far more in the picture than biological fathers. This goes back to the YBM's need to find a place to fit in and a way to earn status which often leads them into avenues that are contrary to the needs of a family.

3) Prison - Children struggling with reading by grade 3 are significantly more likely to end up in prison than students who are at or above grade level. The poor educational system, along with undervalued emphasis put on attaining an education leaves many young black children (particularly boys) to give up entirely. Leaving them to be statistics in the prison system.
3a) Mandatory sentencing - In the 80's and 90's, mandatory sentencing put a lot of people into prison for otherwise menial offenses. Having a certain amount of crack on you lead to a certain length of prison term, while significantly greater amounts of cocaine carried much lower stays. As crack was far more prevalent in the cities, where black people made up a larger percentage of the population, many of them ended up in prison in a very skewed rate. This lead to back 2b.
3b) Recidivism and Cyclicality - Getting out of prison put many people back in the same social structure that did not support positive decision making in the first place. Having a criminal record left your job prospects scarce and committing more crime was a faster track to getting financial stability. Furthermore, for YBM, when the men in your life are all going to prison, it seems the logical prospect for your life, and leaves you feeling life no matter how hard you work, it won't make a difference, so why bother? (I've heard a number of teens express this sentiment).

4) Other ethnicities/cultures - I often hear the 'well yea, but everyone deals with poverty, and they do just fine' argument by people who think numbers tell the whole story. Black people in the United States, who have just moved here or are at most one generation removed from their arrival tend to do significantly better. Their work ethic is still greatly impacted by the society from which they emigrated. The same tends to be true for asians and hispanics. The issue here is that all of the above factors have given black people, whose families have been in the states for multiple generations, a much poorer self image and belief in their own ability to succeed.


Let's stop saying the issue is 'their black.' It's so much deeper and more ingrained than that. I'll have a conversation about race with anyone who wants to talk. And I'll tell you why you're wrong.


Also - on the whole topic of babies and birth control - realize that black culture is pervaded by very conservative Christian theology and that conversations about BC and sex don't happen much in the home, and thanks to educational changes, don't happen much at school either.

Teens every where are stupid when it comes to sex.
 
2013-07-23 01:54:24 PM

INeedAName: I'll have a conversation about race with anyone who wants to talk. And I'll tell you why you're wrong.


I think you've already started and ended it without anybody else necessarily participating.
 
2013-07-23 02:02:53 PM

INeedAName: I skipped to the bottom to drop a little knowledge from someone who actually works in the 'inner city' with 'black people.'


Great post, would read again! +1
You make me feel like I am not surrounded by dullards.

Also, I could not agree more with out about race ...it is the reason I did not mention it in my short list posted above.
 
2013-07-23 02:05:51 PM

mark12A: George Will once pointed out that if you subsidize something, you tend to get more of it. We are currently subsidizing the production of single mother families. Stop it.


How does this info jive with your derping point?
www.cdc.gov
 
2013-07-23 02:10:35 PM

mark12A: There *is* a black American holocaust going on in American cities, and we're not allowed to do ANYTHING about it except throw more money at it


3 out of 10 black American men will be imprisoned at some point in their lives, thanks to government policy and socioeconomic factors.

That's what I call a holocaust.
 
2013-07-23 02:13:54 PM

Marcus Aurelius: mark12A: There *is* a black American holocaust going on in American cities, and we're not allowed to do ANYTHING about it except throw more money at it

3 out of 10 black American men will be imprisoned at some point in their lives, thanks to government policy and socioeconomic factors.

That's what I call a holocaust.


I don't want to sound all like, harrumph and sh*t, but do any of these numbers have anything to do with actual criminal activity?  Cause I'm pretty sure it's still a contributing factor to incarceration.
 
2013-07-23 02:18:31 PM
Here's a thought.  If I can tell you who god is, what money is and what honest work is, I own your sweaty ass and I never have to forge a single chain, regardless of your color.  Here's another.  If I can tell you what truth is as a child, I can treat you like that child forever.
 
2013-07-23 02:44:52 PM

Coolfusis: I like how people always frame it as "problems in the black community," as though it were somehow exclusive to black people. They point out that the statistics, but ignore the other side of those statistics - it literally states that all other races suffer from the same problems to some degree. Clearly, then, there must be some other source of the problems.

Gee, I wonder what other things could breed crime, poor education, and large families born from unexpected pregnancies.


If you can't figure out why "liberals" think you're a racist for focusing only on the black community while quoting statistics that show that all races have the same issues in low-income areas, then you're probably just farking stupid. And racist.

Now, we can have a conversation on the effects of generational poverty, but that would bring out the "welfare" hounds.


See.. thats where you are wrong.  If you live in a big city, lets use your as an example.  The poor white trash section of your town, I guarantee you, doesn't have the crime problems as the poor black section of your city.  Sure.  There IS white crime, but it can't even be seen when you stand it next to the black crime.

Watch your news.  Don't take my word for it.  It is easily seen in every major city in the entire U.S.

So, to reiterate.  It's NOT an economic problem.  It's a culture problem.
 
2013-07-23 02:54:43 PM

master_dman: Coolfusis: I like how people always frame it as "problems in the black community," as though it were somehow exclusive to black people. They point out that the statistics, but ignore the other side of those statistics - it literally states that all other races suffer from the same problems to some degree. Clearly, then, there must be some other source of the problems.

Gee, I wonder what other things could breed crime, poor education, and large families born from unexpected pregnancies.


If you can't figure out why "liberals" think you're a racist for focusing only on the black community while quoting statistics that show that all races have the same issues in low-income areas, then you're probably just farking stupid. And racist.

Now, we can have a conversation on the effects of generational poverty, but that would bring out the "welfare" hounds.

See.. thats where you are wrong.  If you live in a big city, lets use your as an example.  The poor white trash section of your town, I guarantee you, doesn't have the crime problems as the poor black section of your city.  Sure.  There IS white crime, but it can't even be seen when you stand it next to the black crime.

Watch your news.  Don't take my word for it.  It is easily seen in every major city in the entire U.S.

So, to reiterate.  It's NOT an economic problem.  It's a culture problem.


In the big city where I grew up, the cops used to drive right by the lines of white trash waiting for their meth connection, while the black ghetto kids were routinely pulled over and busted for drugs.  You would see white wife-beaters let off with a warning and black wife-beaters shoved into the cop car.

So I actually agree, it's a culture problem.  Just not the way you think.
 
2013-07-23 02:55:04 PM

master_dman: Coolfusis: I like how people always frame it as "problems in the black community," as though it were somehow exclusive to black people. They point out that the statistics, but ignore the other side of those statistics - it literally states that all other races suffer from the same problems to some degree. Clearly, then, there must be some other source of the problems.

Gee, I wonder what other things could breed crime, poor education, and large families born from unexpected pregnancies.


If you can't figure out why "liberals" think you're a racist for focusing only on the black community while quoting statistics that show that all races have the same issues in low-income areas, then you're probably just farking stupid. And racist.

Now, we can have a conversation on the effects of generational poverty, but that would bring out the "welfare" hounds.

See.. thats where you are wrong.  If you live in a big city, lets use your as an example.  The poor white trash section of your town, I guarantee you, doesn't have the crime problems as the poor black section of your city.  Sure.  There IS white crime, but it can't even be seen when you stand it next to the black crime.

Watch your news.  Don't take my word for it.  It is easily seen in every major city in the entire U.S.

So, to reiterate.  It's NOT an economic problem.  It's a culture problem.


Even if it is a 'culture' problem, as you say, it's not an intrinsic cultural problem. It's learned and ingrained due to an exterior society that in many ways, hopes they just kill each other off. When you build a society that tells a large portion of its population that they aren't good enough, or smart enough, or valuable enough, etc, then you create a group of people who will live with that mentality.

If you're not familiar with 'A Class Divided' check it out.
 
2013-07-23 02:56:46 PM

INeedAName: master_dman: Coolfusis: I like how people always frame it as "problems in the black community," as though it were somehow exclusive to black people. They point out that the statistics, but ignore the other side of those statistics - it literally states that all other races suffer from the same problems to some degree. Clearly, then, there must be some other source of the problems.

Gee, I wonder what other things could breed crime, poor education, and large families born from unexpected pregnancies.


If you can't figure out why "liberals" think you're a racist for focusing only on the black community while quoting statistics that show that all races have the same issues in low-income areas, then you're probably just farking stupid. And racist.

Now, we can have a conversation on the effects of generational poverty, but that would bring out the "welfare" hounds.

See.. thats where you are wrong.  If you live in a big city, lets use your as an example.  The poor white trash section of your town, I guarantee you, doesn't have the crime problems as the poor black section of your city.  Sure.  There IS white crime, but it can't even be seen when you stand it next to the black crime.

Watch your news.  Don't take my word for it.  It is easily seen in every major city in the entire U.S.

So, to reiterate.  It's NOT an economic problem.  It's a culture problem.

Even if it is a 'culture' problem, as you say, it's not an intrinsic cultural problem. It's learned and ingrained due to an exterior society that in many ways, hopes they just kill each other off. When you build a society that tells a large portion of its population that they aren't good enough, or smart enough, or valuable enough, etc, then you create a group of people who will live with that mentality.

If you're not familiar with 'A Class Divided' check it out.


How does that work with, say, a country like Haiti?
 
2013-07-23 04:03:51 PM
He doesn't like to dwell on the past, except when he's regretting WW2 when he's hating on the French.
 
2013-07-23 04:28:35 PM
If you want economic improvement, you have to value education. Far too often, those in lower socioeconomic groups do not place a high value on education. Add to that the glorification of "gang/thug/drug culture" by so many young people (of every race) and you have a very difficult problem to solve. Unfortunately, the problem can't be solved by you or me, or anyone else on the outside of the problem. The only people that can solve the problem, are those mired in the depths of the problem, though all of us should be willing to offer the support they need to elevate their standing in life.

My solution:
Have an Asian mother raise every black child for the next generation or so.

/HINT: The last line was a joke
//Come on, it's fark, you couldn't expect me to stay serious.
 
2013-07-23 04:31:31 PM

bunner: Marcus Aurelius: mark12A: There *is* a black American holocaust going on in American cities, and we're not allowed to do ANYTHING about it except throw more money at it

3 out of 10 black American men will be imprisoned at some point in their lives, thanks to government policy and socioeconomic factors.

That's what I call a holocaust.

I don't want to sound all like, harrumph and sh*t, but do any of these numbers have anything to do with actual criminal activity?  Cause I'm pretty sure it's still a contributing factor to incarceration.


The system is designed that way.
 
2013-07-23 04:57:38 PM

notsosilentbob: If you want economic improvement, you have to value education. Far too often, those in lower socioeconomic groups do not place a high value on education. Add to that the glorification of "gang/thug/drug culture" by so many young people (of every race) and you have a very difficult problem to solve. Unfortunately, the problem can't be solved by you or me, or anyone else on the outside of the problem. The only people that can solve the problem, are those mired in the depths of the problem, though all of us should be willing to offer the support they need to elevate their standing in life.

My solution:
Have an Asian mother raise every black child for the next generation or so.

/HINT: The last line was a joke
//Come on, it's fark, you couldn't expect me to stay serious.



then they would be unable to drive safely.
 
2013-07-23 05:12:50 PM

Shryke: INeedAName: master_dman: Coolfusis: I like how people always frame it as "problems in the black community," as though it were somehow exclusive to black people. They point out that the statistics, but ignore the other side of those statistics - it literally states that all other races suffer from the same problems to some degree. Clearly, then, there must be some other source of the problems.

Gee, I wonder what other things could breed crime, poor education, and large families born from unexpected pregnancies.


If you can't figure out why "liberals" think you're a racist for focusing only on the black community while quoting statistics that show that all races have the same issues in low-income areas, then you're probably just farking stupid. And racist.

Now, we can have a conversation on the effects of generational poverty, but that would bring out the "welfare" hounds.

See.. thats where you are wrong.  If you live in a big city, lets use your as an example.  The poor white trash section of your town, I guarantee you, doesn't have the crime problems as the poor black section of your city.  Sure.  There IS white crime, but it can't even be seen when you stand it next to the black crime.

Watch your news.  Don't take my word for it.  It is easily seen in every major city in the entire U.S.

So, to reiterate.  It's NOT an economic problem.  It's a culture problem.

Even if it is a 'culture' problem, as you say, it's not an intrinsic cultural problem. It's learned and ingrained due to an exterior society that in many ways, hopes they just kill each other off. When you build a society that tells a large portion of its population that they aren't good enough, or smart enough, or valuable enough, etc, then you create a group of people who will live with that mentality.

If you're not familiar with 'A Class Divided' check it out.

How does that work with, say, a country like Haiti?




I know far too little about Haiti and its history to comment. I know it's unusual for someone on the internet to not spout off on topics about which they have no knowledge or understanding, but there you have it.

I'm also not sure I even know what you're asking.
 
2013-07-23 05:32:57 PM
colorlines.com

colorlines.com

Any questions Bill? See this is why you get called a racist craka-ass mother-facker
 
2013-07-23 05:56:58 PM
Fark you, Bill.
 
2013-07-23 06:06:20 PM
Nope...no thanks.

The fourteen trillion clips of Bill O'Reilly saying dooshy things floating around the internet have been more than enough. Frankly, it gets boring. I have no outrage left for Fox "News". They took it all and spent it already.

It's about as interesting and original as watching a clever reporter asking irreverent questions at a Westboro protest.  "Tee hee! Can you believe he SAID that?!"

Wake me when something interesting happens.
 
2013-07-23 06:37:26 PM

wotthefark: Any questions Bill? See this is why you get called a racist craka-ass mother-facker


i.imgur.com
 
2013-07-23 06:50:23 PM

bunner: Here's a thought.  If I can tell you who god is, what money is and what honest work is, I own your sweaty ass and I never have to forge a single chain, regardless of your color.  Here's another.  If I can tell you what truth is as a child, I can treat you like that child forever.


Honestly, I have never seen anyone dominate a conversation like this and not actually add anything of any substance to it. I do give you a bow for your mastery. Unfortunately I need to put you on ignore. I don't need to read 100/140 comments1 that are about nothing. You do receive my congratulations though for winning this thread.

1 - Not intended to be a factual count.
 
2013-07-23 07:12:18 PM

wotthefark: [colorlines.com image 640x400]

[colorlines.com image 490x1500]

Any questions Bill? See this is why you get called a racist craka-ass mother-facker


Yikes.  That is some stretching in there.

Myth 1 - Billy boy never mentioned anything about there being more black on black crime.  He just pointed out the higher crime statistics of blacks in general.  Hard to argue against that.

Myth 2 - Billy boy also never made any comment about general violent crime trends in the context of what it is presented in pic.

Myth 3 has its source listed as "Targeting Blacks - Human Rights Watch"  going to have to see something a little more objective on this one. While I do feel that blacks are targeted more than whites, I am not sure that  the numbers stack up as the source indicates it does here.  Lastly, I am pretty sure that Billy boy did not mis-address the equality of the law in his rant.

Myth 4 is 'refuted' by somthing that doesn't even address the premis.  How does punishing black kids more harshly have anything to do with the statistics of behavioral problems when the nature of the misdeed is not even charcterized?  There appears to be a clouding of correlation/causation going on with this refutation.

Myth 5 the first problem with this is that it takes stats from Washington DC and applies it to all communities.  Secondly, you can have most blacks not commiting crimes, but still have prevalent crime in said community.  These two concepts are not mutually exclusive.
 
2013-07-23 07:44:53 PM

toddism: then they would be unable to drive safely.


An excellent point. I wonder if we can get some federal money to study this?
 
2013-07-23 07:48:54 PM

bunner: It is terribly sad that a reasonable amount of what he stated in his little screed is actually quite factual and that if one were to present Bill with an equally unpleasant and absolutely factual account of what corporate whorehouses are doing to the American economy and it's citizens, he'd get at least as dismissive and harrumphy as any black community leader when presented about the facts of their community's broken culture.  It's all just people drawing lines, sticking flags in the dirt and "yuh HUH"  "nuh UH" -ing at each other without actually having to give up an inch of their own bad ideas.  And it's as unproductive as it sounds.


won in the boobies
 
2013-07-23 08:09:39 PM
Facts are clearly racist.
 
2013-07-23 09:24:12 PM

master_dman: Coolfusis: I like how people always frame it as "problems in the black community," as though it were somehow exclusive to black people. They point out that the statistics, but ignore the other side of those statistics - it literally states that all other races suffer from the same problems to some degree. Clearly, then, there must be some other source of the problems.

Gee, I wonder what other things could breed crime, poor education, and large families born from unexpected pregnancies.


If you can't figure out why "liberals" think you're a racist for focusing only on the black community while quoting statistics that show that all races have the same issues in low-income areas, then you're probably just farking stupid. And racist.

Now, we can have a conversation on the effects of generational poverty, but that would bring out the "welfare" hounds.

See.. thats where you are wrong.  If you live in a big city, lets use your as an example.  The poor white trash section of your town, I guarantee you, doesn't have the crime problems as the poor black section of your city.  Sure.  There IS white crime, but it can't even be seen when you stand it next to the black crime.

Watch your news.  Don't take my word for it.  It is easily seen in every major city in the entire U.S.

So, to reiterate.  It's NOT an economic problem.  It's a culture problem.


Are you kidding? I live in Texas. The very worst parts of town are white-heavy. Meth is a helluva drug.
 
2013-07-23 09:43:44 PM

Skeuomorph: "Nobody's forcing black girls to have babies. It's a personal decision."

On the contrary, Bill, you are literally forcing them to, by systematically removing every "pro-choice" option. And f you take away those options, you now have responsibility for that child.  You need to feed them, educate them, give them jobs... That's now your decision.


I don't know, seems they've had a pretty easy time choosing aborti, oops I mean pro- choice options all along.  http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_induced_abortion.html
 
2013-07-23 09:53:57 PM

ManateeGag: are they taking away condoms?  why should someone else pay for a child because the guy too stupid/cheap to buy a rubber.


As a matter of fact...
http://www.businessinsider.com/police-arrest-women-for-carrying-cond om s-2013-3

Or, if you prefer news from a left wing source...
http://www.villagevoice.com/2013-03-06/news/nyc-s-condom-insanity/
 
2013-07-23 10:24:02 PM
I agreed with a lot of what he had to say except for some of his solutions to the problem.  Harsher prison terms will not fix anything as long as our prison system remains the disaster that it is.   Everyone that goes in comes out worse...  We need to end the drug war and focus on rehab instead of prison.
 
2013-07-23 10:29:12 PM

Skeuomorph: "Nobody's forcing black girls to have babies. It's a personal decision."

On the contrary, Bill, you are literally forcing them to, by systematically removing every "pro-choice" option. And f you take away those options, you now have responsibility for that child.  You need to feed them, educate them, give them jobs... That's now your decision.



Why shouldn't women not have babies? Is this some sort of eugenics sterilization type argument hidden there?


Anyway, what Oreiley said was babies out of wedlock. The reason they have babies out of wedlock is because it is a better choice to do so. We give more welfare money to single mothers than married mothers and so, babies are born out of wedlock for the poorer segment of the society.
 
2013-07-23 10:48:38 PM

Fark Me Runnin: Facts are clearly racist.


He's making half the shiat up.
- Drugs didn't make Detroit what it is.
- Babies out of wedlock does not mean no male role models.
- The entertainment industry is irrelevant here. Out of how many hours of programming is it dedicated to gangsta related entertainment. For each gangsta, there is a Tyler Perry.
 
2013-07-23 11:12:44 PM
Billy makes some VERY valid points here....I'm in full agreement with 80% of his rant !
 
2013-07-23 11:24:08 PM

Into the blue again: Honestly, I have never seen anyone dominate a conversation like this and not actually add anything of any substance to it.


Oh, sorry.  "Wash your ass regularly".  How's that Lord Sniffington?  Puhleeeze.
 
2013-07-23 11:53:40 PM

mr0x: For each gangsta, there is a Tyler Perry.


So, fair and balanced?
 
2013-07-24 12:16:11 AM

FutherMucker: Billy makes some VERY valid points here....I'm in full agreement with 80% of his rant !


Yep, he's pretty much spot on.  I can't stand the guy, but his points on this are far more valid than Sharpton, Jackson, and the rest.

Still not going to watch that travesty of a show.
 
2013-07-24 12:42:55 AM
I love the myopathy here as people boil down OReillys point about 73% of all black babies born out of wedlock to: "good luck forcing black men to wear rubbers, Bill!"

Aren't you proving yourselves to be racists by suggesting black men are too boorish to care about condoms... Isn't it something that you ignored the facts
 
2013-07-24 04:07:45 PM

Elegy: Scorpitron is reduced to a thin red paste: Look, Bill O'Reilly is an asshat.  Won't watch, don't care if I'm less of a human being because I didn't.  Just wondering how amazed he was that blacks weren't yelling for iced tea in ghetto voices when he went to Sylvia's in Harlem or whatever.

If you don't think there's an ongoing dialogue in the black community about blackness, about poverty, about how embarrassing some blacks are, you're an idiot.

If you don't think any prospective open dialogue about race in this country isn't immediately shut down by a bunch of asshat white dudes immediately stepping up and saying what's on their mind, you're an idiot.

Contained in your response is part of the problem. Any "white dude" that steps up and talks about legitimate concerns - crime rates are outrageously high in the black community, and this concerns me because they are my neighbors and this affects my life - is immediately shouted down as an "asshat" and a racist for even bringing the subject up.

From the outside looking in, there is little to no outrage in the media over black on black crime. There is no outrage from the loudest black "community leaders" like Sharpton and Jackson, who instead prefer to flout the statistical anomaly as the next great civil rights crusade.

Black crime rates and black on black violence is something that does concern white Americans, who have a stake in their local community as well. You think white people want that crime ridden ghetto across the tracks? Think again.

Excluding white people from the dialog and attacking anyone who brings up the subject as a "white asshat" is one of the problems preventing people from finding a common solution.

So congrats on being part of the problem.


And... congrats on finding yet another way to feel superior, I guess.

No, the problem is white finks like yourself who can't wait to start blabbing on and on about the problems of other people.  You've had it good all your life, you're the first ones to talk in class, the first ones to talk in the staff meetings, because that's your God-born right for some reason in this country.

But your solutions, if that's what they can be called, are really just veiled ways to either aggrandize yourself without recognizing the amazing opportunities you've been spoonfed your entire life, or ways to in actuality break down the opportunities of others with bootstrappy gargling.

No one really wants a dialogue with you because you're an idiot who thinks your shiat doesn't stink.  It's not because you actually can identify the problems or have any sense of how to fix them.  That's why you're reviled, not because all of humanity is beyond your charms.  But thanks for playing, I guess.

I'm reminded of a case when I first moved into the city where I now live.  Several white Libertarians showed up in the proud, historically black district in the city and started passing out toy guns, in order to show kids the importance of gun rights.

That's you.  You think you're pretty brilliant but instead you're just completely incompetent, or even make things far, far worse.  Let me tell you, the residents of that neighborhood were steamed.
 
Displayed 154 of 154 comments

View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest


This thread is closed to new comments.

Continue Farking
Submit a Link »






Report