If you can read this, either the style sheet didn't load or you have an older browser that doesn't support style sheets. Try clearing your browser cache and refreshing the page.

(Yahoo)   Protesters loot Wal-Mart and liquor stores because that's what Trayvon would have wanted   (news.yahoo.com) divider line 73
    More: Dumbass, Wal-Mart, Los Angeles, Los Angeles Street, on-ramps, liquor stores, objections, Mayor Eric Garcetti  
•       •       •

8243 clicks; posted to Main » on 16 Jul 2013 at 10:09 AM (39 weeks ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»



Voting Results (Smartest)
View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest

2013-07-16 09:49:00 AM
7 votes:
Way to go to, guys!

Proving that racial stereotypes, indeed, have a basis in reality.
2013-07-16 11:29:53 AM
6 votes:
Speaking of "everyone of a certain skin color acts the same way"

I'm going to leave this here

fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net
2013-07-16 10:55:49 AM
6 votes:
Having lived in Lansing, I've watched hordes of lily-white middle-class college students riot and trash their own town over something as stupid as a football game, so I really don't buy the whole idea that this is a racial tendency. It's herd mentality. It's mob mentality. People (mostly you filthy extroverts) get in big crowds, and suddenly you surrender the ability to think for yourself and you do whatever the crowd is doing.

This isn't a Black/White thing. This is an extrovert/introvert thing. There were plenty of African American introverts who didn't join the mob, didn't loot or pillage, and instead stayed home and watched a movie, cooked some dinner, and maybe hugged their family.
2013-07-16 10:11:07 AM
6 votes:
They are not protesters, they are criminals.
2013-07-16 11:30:29 AM
4 votes:
There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all ... The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic ... There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.
2013-07-16 10:16:59 AM
4 votes:
FTFA:  TV news helicopters showed some people kicking and punching others along the street, including two people sitting on a bus bench.

Wonder if the victims were white by chance? If so, DOJ needs to get all over this.
2013-07-16 05:16:32 PM
3 votes:

Madbassist1: armor helix: It's funny that the only overt racist thing about this whole incident was Trayvon calling Zimmerman a "creepy-ass cracker." If anybody is looking to call somebody else a racist maybe they should start with Mr. Martin.

yeah, because its only racism if it's overt, right? Check this out. I fly twice a week, every week like clockwork. Each flight has two legs, so thats really four flights a week every week for the last 2 and a half years. Do the math. Because Im so regular, I often get comped business class seats...at least one or two flights out of the 4 will be Business class. The airline I use has assigned seating. You go to where your seat is and sit down, be it business class, coach or whatever. I have NEVER had to show my ticket to a flight attendant when sitting in business class. NEVER.

I know people who have had to, though. Black people. 100% of the time, if someone has to show a ticket, that person is black.

/Never seen anyone thrown out for not having the right ticket, either.

/that aint overt, though.


I, too, have been the victim of racism.

I've been threatened for walking-while-white through the ghetto more times than I can count. I've been pulled over in a majority black city - one with a black mayor and a majority black police force - by two black officers no less, who hand cuffed me and proceeded to search both myself and my car because "there's no reason for white people to be here after dark except drugs;" I was simply taking a coworker home at the time. I've been told by a black bartender in a honky tonk that I wouldn't be served and that I needed to leave because "we don't like white people in here."

So that means I can call someone a "creepy ass ni****" now, right? We're cool?
2013-07-16 01:01:43 PM
3 votes:

DROxINxTHExWIND: the money is in the banana stand:Further, separation can be a GOOD thing. The reason why "whites" have created these labels is so that they can remove themselves and identify with a group of people that is not generally viewed as "bad". The problem we are seeing right now is that with the "black culture" since the idea is to not remove yourself from this sort of behavior but instead proudly identify with it because it is one of "your people", you are lumped into the group of misfits. We do treat people as individuals up until the point they identify themselves either by admission or action as part of a group. When you identify with that group, be prepared then to be judged based upon the actions of that group and not as an individual.

So, black criminals are going around shouting "black power" before the rob a liqour store to identify with a culture? What "action" would someone take to be considered part of black culture?

Also, do you think its racist to assume that those who celebrate African-American culture are celebrating lawlessness? I don't even think you understand the implications of your statement. You are suggesting that black people need to seperate themselves from "black culture" in order to gain mainstream acceptance. You have labelled lack culture as inherently bad. But, white culture is apparently "good" and it is cleansed by removing the undesireables from the culture by calling them something else. Why should I be punished because "bad" people who are black do not have a label that seperates them from taxpaying, law-abiding African-Americans? Also, I didn't "choose" to be black, I was born this way. My skin color is not a culture.


/Didn't mean to censor anything you posted. I just re-posted the portion that I am respondoing too.


I don't think they are going around yelling black power. The problem is that you are automatically identified with the "black culture" because there are no sub-cultures that are defined.

I don't believe celebrating African-American culture is celebrating lawlessness. I think African-American culture needs to be defined better. I further do not believe black culture to be inherently bad and white culture to be inherently good. The only reason why I refer to it as black culture, is because there are no sub-cultures in which we can categorize individuals to belong to. Therefore, unfortunately, the most negative elements will represent the whole. This is true of any group, which was my point on political parties. The same can be used to describe for example religious groups, which is unfortunate but just how it works. In order for that outward perception to change, the core group has to actively distance itself from the bad elements.
2013-07-16 10:40:49 AM
3 votes:

Pichu0102: So when are we going to call out all the white sports fans for when sports riots start, property damage is far higher, and people actually start dying?

Oh.


I don't think I've ever seen anyone say that was a good thing

Can we all just agree that anyone who acts like this is bad?
2013-07-16 10:26:38 AM
3 votes:
Democrats are so predictable and easy to manipulate. Obama's plan moves forward.
2013-07-16 10:21:17 AM
3 votes:
All I heard when the Tea Party thing happened was "You cannot judge the whole movement on the oh-so tiny few who bring racist signs to a protest!" Surely the same courtesy and understanding that these rioters do not represent the majority of folks upset over the Zimmerman verdict will be extended, right?

Right?
2013-07-16 10:15:12 AM
3 votes:
What the hell is wrong with people?
"IT DIN'T GO THE WAY WE WANTED SO WE ARE GOING TO BREAK STUFF"

yea. that will really cause change.
2013-07-16 03:41:02 PM
2 votes:

fat_free: Well, white people did enslave black people so...

imokwithis.jpg


Need I remind you of the 100,000+ Irish slaves in the U.S. in the year 1723 alone? And of the White slaves freed at the end of the American Civil war? Certain people need to shut up, man up, and quit blaming something that happened centuries before they were born for their idiocy today.
2013-07-16 11:44:40 AM
2 votes:

error 303: It's awesome that as one of the largest and most diverse nations that has ever existed we let the actions of 0.00004% of the population define the bahvioral characteristics of a certain group of people. It makes thigns so much easier and gives us a chance to feel better about ourselves by giving us some one to feel superior to.


The internet's entire response to this event has been all about people trying to force the facts into their own little extremist worldviews.  Left, right, it's all about making the world make sense without actually examining our own beliefs.
2013-07-16 11:19:35 AM
2 votes:

the money is in the banana stand: DROxINxTHExWIND: Tat'dGreaser: Pichu0102: So when are we going to call out all the white sports fans for when sports riots start, property damage is far higher, and people actually start dying?

Oh.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone say that was a good thing

Can we all just agree that anyone who acts like this is bad?

I think the issue is that the Weenersor and some after have suggested that the people were violent because their skin color has some effect on their disposition. That is what I believe Pinchu is reffering too.

Not skin color, but culture. Unfortunately, one skin color in particular gravitates towards that culture. Please explain to me how and why pretty much everyone knew what "race" would be primarily taking part and leading these riots before it happened? Is that not cause for alarm or curious to you that before I even click the link, I probably know what I am going to see? Before the trial is over, we can predict what will happen? Is it sad that certain locations, we know if a sports team wins/loses, we know there will be looting and riots perpetuated primarily by a certain ethnic group?

No one is that dense to believe it is because of skin color. It has nothing to do with skin color. I would be curious to see a poll of people who think GZ is guilty and reason for believing so broken down by race. I can guarantee you that the black vote would HEAVILY reflect that GZ is guilty, and the other races would be on the fence. Who are the racists there? The ones that vote based on obvious bias, or everyone else? The criminals here are the ones rioting. I do not believe they represent the whole, but one race in particular makes up the vast majority OF the rioters. The bad thing is, no one can openly criticize the rioters without being labeled a racist. We cannot talk openly or ask questions, because asking questions and being curious why the disparity in race participation is racist. Can't we move past that petty bullshiat so we can actually you know, ...


I was being sarcastic. Yeah, I know that "culture" is the new skin color. And it "just happens" that the culture which is most reprehensible to some of you is considered "black" or African-Amerian culture. I'm sure its coincidental and it has nothing to do with growing up being fed the lie that black people want your meager posessions and your white wife. You question the motives of blacks who distrust a system that has treated us unfairly for generations, but you don't question those who think it is responsible and acceptable to profile an African-American as a criminal, based on your lack of responses to those who say it in these threads. On one hand som of you say, "blacks have committed crimes. Therefore is is reasonable to expect a black person will commit some atrocity against you, if given the opportunity". Now, we can probably agree that the judicial system has historically treated blacks unfairly, but you don't think black people have a right to distrust it? I don't know how you reconcile those two thoughts. Of course a majority of black people will default to that position. Until you've been pulled over for an unsignalled lane change and had the dogs search your car you'll probably never get it.

Who the fark is defending rioting? You all are not commenting on the "rioters", you're making racist generalizations about all black people based on the actions of the rioters. You can't show me one post where I supported violence against anyone. Finally, who gives a fark about some hypothetical poll between races about a verdict? If you polled most white people in 005 they would have told you that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. As a matter of fact, we can blame white people for the Bush years because black people voted overwhelmingly for Gore. So, why should I care what a poll of those people say?
2013-07-16 10:59:13 AM
2 votes:

DROxINxTHExWIND: Tat'dGreaser: Pichu0102: So when are we going to call out all the white sports fans for when sports riots start, property damage is far higher, and people actually start dying?

Oh.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone say that was a good thing

Can we all just agree that anyone who acts like this is bad?

I think the issue is that the Weenersor and some after have suggested that the people were violent because their skin color has some effect on their disposition. That is what I believe Pinchu is reffering too.


Not skin color, but culture. Unfortunately, one skin color in particular gravitates towards that culture. Please explain to me how and why pretty much everyone knew what "race" would be primarily taking part and leading these riots before it happened? Is that not cause for alarm or curious to you that before I even click the link, I probably know what I am going to see? Before the trial is over, we can predict what will happen? Is it sad that certain locations, we know if a sports team wins/loses, we know there will be looting and riots perpetuated primarily by a certain ethnic group?

No one is that dense to believe it is because of skin color. It has nothing to do with skin color. I would be curious to see a poll of people who think GZ is guilty and reason for believing so broken down by race. I can guarantee you that the black vote would HEAVILY reflect that GZ is guilty, and the other races would be on the fence. Who are the racists there? The ones that vote based on obvious bias, or everyone else? The criminals here are the ones rioting. I do not believe they represent the whole, but one race in particular makes up the vast majority OF the rioters. The bad thing is, no one can openly criticize the rioters without being labeled a racist. We cannot talk openly or ask questions, because asking questions and being curious why the disparity in race participation is racist. Can't we move past that petty bullshiat so we can actually you know, fix the real problem?
2013-07-16 10:38:19 AM
2 votes:

SecretAgentWoman: Way to go to, guys!

Proving that racial stereotypes, indeed, have a basis in reality.


I guess the G8 Summit should tell us something about white people? Or are the people creating "anarchy" just bad apples?
2013-07-16 10:28:55 AM
2 votes:
This reminds me of when Muslims attacked embassies all over the world because of a cartoon.

Democrats are the Islamists of America.
2013-07-16 10:24:46 AM
2 votes:
Why do we not see Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton on TV condemning this behavior?  You want justice, fine, go about it in a peaceful manner.

You message of racial inequality needing to be corrected within the Justice System falls on deaf ears when you lash out in violence, theft, and property destruction.  Being a stereotype is not helping your cause!
2013-07-16 10:22:37 AM
2 votes:

sendtodave: July Sixteenth, Two Thousand Thirteen
There was a riot in the streets, it was pretty routine
Some white guy got acquitted for shooting a black
And so now Wal-Mart is getting ransacked


george zimmerman is white?
2013-07-16 10:21:15 AM
2 votes:
July Sixteenth, Two Thousand Thirteen
There was a riot in the streets, it was pretty routine
Some white guy got acquitted for shooting a black
And so now Wal-Mart is getting ransacked
2013-07-16 10:18:35 AM
2 votes:
cdn.bleacherreport.net
cdn.bleacherreport.net
cdn.bleacherreport.net

Oh, wait.  These are white people celebrating sports victories.
2013-07-16 10:18:02 AM
2 votes:

SecretAgentWoman: Way to go to, guys!

Proving that racial stereotypes, indeed, have a basis in reality.



So there were hundreds of peaceful demonstrations and a few that were not.  And those few that are not prove the stereotype and not the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY that showed otherwise?

Racism, indeed, has a basis in ignorance...
2013-07-17 02:23:41 AM
1 votes:

I Browse: Frederick: Maybe if the outrage over a black youth being killed wasnt so selective I'd be more supportive.  It seems clear to me the elevation of this incidence is due to the killer being of a different race and not about justice.


Here are examples of two other cases of black unarmed teens being killed by someone of a different race, and neither has gotten the media attention that this one did:

Michael David Dunn shot a 17 year old black kid over loud music

John Henry Spooner shot a 13 year old black kid because he claimed the kid stole guns from him

Why do you suppose those cases have gotten so little national attention, while this one has gotten so much? What do you think the major difference is?


Hey, Race-Bait Inc. has a LOT of investment in TMTM. They can't afford to detract attention from the primary shiny trinket, - it would only create confusion and befuddlement.

Do you know why Zebras have stripes?

In this modern world we are UTTERLY BOMBARDED with stories, issues, celebrities, tragedies, drama and farking SURVIVAL. Do you realize how much work it takes to build a non-story like GS vs TM into a national issue?  Let alone create enough OUTRAGE to  drag layabouts away from their La-Z-Boys to brave the heat and howl in chorus.

No, trumpeting these other stories would only create chaos, tail chasing, and eventually, depressed apathy. Who is going to be protesting what? and when? and where?

As my old friend Grover once said: "to find the IQ of a mob, you must first determine the IQ of the stupidest person in the mob, and then divide that number by the total population of the mob".

Or as advertising experts say: "People are stupid. Keep it simple!"


Understand?
2013-07-16 09:17:43 PM
1 votes:

Frederick: Maybe if the outrage over a black youth being killed wasnt so selective I'd be more supportive.  It seems clear to me the elevation of this incidence is due to the killer being of a different race and not about justice.


Exactly!

And nobody wants to discuss the fact that the only actual overt racism was Trayvon calling Zimmerman a cracker.

Maybe...just maybe... Trayvon's racist beliefs caused him to attack Zimmerman and wind up dead.

Trayvon's mother didn't give a shiat about Trayvon until it was time to sue the HOA and collect money.
2013-07-16 07:49:32 PM
1 votes:
Maybe if the outrage over a black youth being killed wasnt so selective I'd be more supportive.  It seems clear to me the elevation of this incidence is due to the killer being of a different race and not about justice.
2013-07-16 06:09:40 PM
1 votes:

vrax: tenpoundsofcheese: So what? You applied to a job too late (they stopped accepting applicants) and didn't get the job.
And somehow that surprises you and your reaction is racism?

Bad reading comprehension is bad.


Meh.  If the way you view the world is through race, everything bad will look like a racist slight.
My friend who is a minority walked into an interview and the interviewee kept looking at her uncomfortably.
Took a while, but she eventually realized that her shoulder had the remnants of some vomit from her baby that she was holding before she went to work.
Got the job anyway.
2013-07-16 04:43:12 PM
1 votes:
It's funny that the only overt racist thing about this whole incident was Trayvon calling Zimmerman a "creepy-ass cracker." If anybody is looking to call somebody else a racist maybe they should start with Mr. Martin.
2013-07-16 03:43:13 PM
1 votes:
Somebody needs to shoot those idiots.
2013-07-16 03:29:31 PM
1 votes:

DROxINxTHExWIND: doubled99: I understand that my answer may be hypocritical and excuse my language, but fark your opinion of me. As an individual, I am not going to walk on egg shells to change an unfounded, negative perception of me anymore than you will. You're trying to make the practice of seperating or demeaning others by calling the trash a noble thing to do. That's bullshiat. The people who label others trash are not doing it so that I and others can easily determine who is "good" and who is "bad". They do it because to elevate themselves above others, to make them feel good about their check-to-check existence. It allows them to say:
"I may not be a success in life, but at least I'm not one of 'them'"

Oh.
You mean the way you do with the label "racist" ?

For that to be the case, I would have to assume all white people are racist, which I do not. I "label" people racist when they say stupid, racist shiat. Take you, for example...


There are really only two forms of racism, racism born of ignorance, and racism born of experience. Racism born of ignorance relates to folks with little if any exposure to outside cultures or races. These folks tend to be more close-minded with minds that are easily influenced by their peers or environment. The unfortunate thing here is that while it should be the job of the media to portray matters in an unbiased manner, the inverse is true. What you then have are folks jumping to conclusions because "that is what they said on TV." This can be especially problematic when mob mentality takes over and individuals become organized. Organized institutional hatred is the worst imaginable outcome.

Racism born of experience is a very tricky situation. Folks that experience this are likely to form strong convictions. Individuals with convictions are more likely to act and lash out. You could say that a lot of the rioters are a direct result of institutional racism and the racism they experience on a daily basis. Or, there could be one particularly poignant moment that has caused these individuals to form a racism opinion. If every single dog you have ever encountered bites you, you probably won't like dogs. It does not matter if most dogs are good it is just shiatty luck you encountered bad dogs. If you only encountered one dog, and that dog tried to kill you, the same applies. The most you can hope for then is for the outside influences and media to let you know that dogs are not bad.

The thing is, we can mitigate BOTH of these, but we collectively need to make that a priority. The thing is that it is not in the best interest of politicians and "civil rights leaders" to do so because they would either lose power or be without jobs. The changes can only come from a community that has nothing to gain personally. Race baiters need to be exposed and the media needs to farking admonished and exposed for the ills they have caused.
2013-07-16 03:26:10 PM
1 votes:
FTA: "In Oakland, dozens of demonstrators briefly blocked Interstate 880 at the end of rush hour before lanes were cleared by authorities. Several protesters laid their bicycles on the ground in front of stopped cars."

s23.postimg.org
s23.postimg.org
2013-07-16 03:09:43 PM
1 votes:
i.qkme.me
2013-07-16 01:15:38 PM
1 votes:
"Hey, I'm in a group that's different and separate from you. Don't pretend to understand me or my life experience, because you can't.
But don't you DARE make any comment that infers my group is different or separate, you racist!"
2013-07-16 12:27:03 PM
1 votes:

boarch: All blacks are racist.


Mods are even more racist... Deleting my bites and editing my posts. WTF has fark come to....
2013-07-16 12:09:38 PM
1 votes:

DROxINxTHExWIND: See, here's where the problem comes in. White people at Penn State started a riot to protest the firing of a coach who turned a blind eye to pedophilia. Where were all of the posts criticizing "white culture"? White people rioted in Vancouver over a hockey loss. White people riot every year at the G8 Summit. White people riot in college towns ANNUALLY. These are college educated white people who are acting like savages for no apparent reason. No one attributes their behavior to "white culture". But, you can take 2 riots in 20 years where black people were protesting percieved social injustice and question why its always blacks rioting?

We don't need to break down black people into sub-cultures. The only reason that white people do it is so that they can have someone else to look down on. Oh, those people? They're "white trash", that's why they act the way they do. The implication is that they are a seperate species than the person labelling them and therefore they are inferior. We don't need more seperation in society. The key is to treat people like individuals. If some person, black, white, or purple wants to act like an ass then he or she should be called out on it by all of us.


Rioting in any form is inexcusable. Protesting, is far different than rioting - even when the protesting escalates to "angry crowds". Rioting, implies vandalism, destruction of property and physical violence. These are not byproducts of the mob, but the GOAL of the mob. They are not upset as a perceived social injustice, they want free shiat and a free pass to commit crimes in the name of "injustice". I don't feel you are defending this, so I am not criticizing you here. My problem specifically is with those individuals that comprise the rioters.

Further, separation can be a GOOD thing. The reason why "whites" have created these labels is so that they can remove themselves and identify with a group of people that is not generally viewed as "bad". The problem we are seeing right now is that with the "black culture" since the idea is to not remove yourself from this sort of behavior but instead proudly identify with it because it is one of "your people", you are lumped into the group of misfits. We do treat people as individuals up until the point they identify themselves either by admission or action as part of a group. When you identify with that group, be prepared then to be judged based upon the actions of that group and not as an individual.

This is why specifically our political system is so farking chaotic because you are identified as either a Conservative or Liberal, despite your own individual beliefs. The reason why this exists is because we have a two party system. If instead we had more separation, we would be categorized more accurately. You see, because I identify with some conservative economics, I would be (wrongly) identified as a Republican, which then is misinterpreted to mean I am also a Tea Partier. It does not matter that I identify with Liberal politics for almost all social issues such as equality of marriage. My individuality will never be taken into account unless we have more recognized legitimate parties and that is just the way of the world.
2013-07-16 12:02:00 PM
1 votes:

super_grass: Civil_War2_Time: ZeroCorpse: Having lived in Lansing, I've watched hordes of lily-white middle-class college students riot and trash their own town over something as stupid as a football game, so I really don't buy the whole idea that this is a racial tendency. It's herd mentality. It's mob mentality. People (mostly you filthy extroverts) get in big crowds, and suddenly you surrender the ability to think for yourself and you do whatever the crowd is doing.

This isn't a Black/White thing. This is an extrovert/introvert thing. There were plenty of African American introverts who didn't join the mob, didn't loot or pillage, and instead stayed home and watched a movie, cooked some dinner, and maybe hugged their family.

I have an honest question for you...

Did those people show up with assault rifles like last night? Or, did they just burn some couches and break a few windows?

I was listening to the police feed last night, and "eight black males with AK-47's and M-16's at Crenshaw and MLK." Also, "12 black and Hispanic males with assault rifles, use of force is authorized, and the 'Rammer Van' is good to go" in that same area.

Mob mentality is one thing, but showing up with assault rifles and AK-47's and M-16's is completely different.

You just opened yourself to a devastatingly clever comparison to the Tea Party that will no doubt reveal your racial hatred and far right allegiances.


The difference, of course, being that when people show up to a Tea Party rally with guns, they aren't using them in the commission of violent felonies ... while here in Crenshaw last night, the guns were used in furtherance of committing crimes.  It's a teensy-weensy difference you forgot.
2013-07-16 11:55:37 AM
1 votes:

DROxINxTHExWIND: We don't need more seperation in society.


Agreed

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all ... The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic ... There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.
2013-07-16 11:48:41 AM
1 votes:

the money is in the banana stand: Dro, I apologize if it came across that I felt you were defending rioting that isn't the case. While I understand why there would be a bias based upon the historical categorization and treatment of blacks by the judicial system and law enforcement, my question specifically was why a certain ethnic group overwhelmingly constitutes the population of the rioters. Why is it that seemingly every riot, that is the composition? This isn't a question to justify racism or bias, it is a question to try to figure out a way to change that. I think you had a very salient point also with how we identify multiple "white cultures" but broadly refer to it as the "black culture" and grouping everyone together. How then do we break it down to identify the problematic sub cultures so we can effect reform?


See, here's where the problem comes in. White people at Penn State started a riot to protest the firing of a coach who turned a blind eye to pedophilia. Where were all of the posts criticizing "white culture"? White people rioted in Vancouver over a hockey loss. White people riot every year at the G8 Summit. White people riot in college towns ANNUALLY. These are college educated white people who are acting like savages for no apparent reason. No one attributes their behavior to "white culture". But, you can take 2 riots in 20 years where black people were protesting percieved social injustice and question why its always blacks rioting?

We don't need to break down black people into sub-cultures. The only reason that white people do it is so that they can have someone else to look down on. Oh, those people? They're "white trash", that's why they act the way they do. The implication is that they are a seperate species than the person labelling them and therefore they are inferior. We don't need more seperation in society. The key is to treat people like individuals. If some person, black, white, or purple wants to act like an ass then he or she should be called out on it by all of us.
2013-07-16 11:46:52 AM
1 votes:

R.A.Danny: fat_free: Well, white people did enslave black people so...

imokwithis.jpg

So you're ok with them wrecking their own neighborhood?


Well, they did enslave each other as well as sell them to whites
2013-07-16 11:41:20 AM
1 votes:
Isn't there a Sublime song that covers this exact situation?
2013-07-16 11:41:03 AM
1 votes:

fat_free: Well, white people did enslave black people so...

imokwithis.jpg


And not a single one living in the US was a slave in the US.

How far back do we get to go to justify our stupidity today?
2013-07-16 11:38:57 AM
1 votes:
It's awesome that as one of the largest and most diverse nations that has ever existed we let the actions of 0.00004% of the population define the bahvioral characteristics of a certain group of people. It makes thigns so much easier and gives us a chance to feel better about ourselves by giving us some one to feel superior to.
2013-07-16 11:38:38 AM
1 votes:
i.imgur.com
2013-07-16 11:33:44 AM
1 votes:

DROxINxTHExWIND: I was being sarcastic. Yeah, I know that "culture" is the new skin color. And it "just happens" that the culture which is most reprehensible to some of you is considered "black" or African-Amerian culture. I'm sure its coincidental and it has nothing to do with growing up being fed the lie that black people want your meager posessions and your white wife. You question the motives of blacks who distrust a system that has treated us unfairly for generations, but you don't question those who think it is responsible and acceptable to profile an African-American as a criminal, based on your lack of responses to those who say it in these threads. On one hand som of you say, "blacks have committed crimes. Therefore is is reasonable to expect a black person will commit some atrocity against you, if given the opportunity". Now, we can probably agree that the judicial system has historically treated blacks unfairly, but you don't think black people have a right to distrust it? I don't know how you reconcile those two thoughts. Of course a majority of black people will default to that position. Until you've been pulled over for an unsignalled lane change and had the dogs search your car you'll probably never get it.

Who the fark is defending rioting? You all are not commenting on the "rioters", you're making racist generalizations about all black people based on the actions of the rioters. You can't show me one post where I supported violence against anyone. Finally, who gives a fark about some hypothetical poll between races about a verdict? If you polled most white people in 005 they would have told you that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. As a matter of fact, we can blame white people for the Bush years because black people voted overwhelmingly for Gore. So, why should I care what a poll of those people say?


Dro, I apologize if it came across that I felt you were defending rioting that isn't the case. While I understand why there would be a bias based upon the historical categorization and treatment of blacks by the judicial system and law enforcement, my question specifically was why a certain ethnic group overwhelmingly constitutes the population of the rioters. Why is it that seemingly every riot, that is the composition? This isn't a question to justify racism or bias, it is a question to try to figure out a way to change that. I think you had a very salient point also with how we identify multiple "white cultures" but broadly refer to it as the "black culture" and grouping everyone together. How then do we break it down to identify the problematic sub cultures so we can effect reform?
2013-07-16 11:30:48 AM
1 votes:
Good to see the community finally protesting all of the black on black violence that is so prevalent in today's society...oh, wait...
2013-07-16 11:20:41 AM
1 votes:

Headso: yahoo news is basically a right wing nutter site at this point, take what they say with a grain of salt.


Not that it matters, but what an idiotic comment.

Here's a link to their current headlines.

http://news.yahoo.com/
2013-07-16 11:20:10 AM
1 votes:

the money is in the banana stand: Pichu0102: The root of the problem is that many in these cultures feel abandoned or hated by the justice system. The justice system, as well as various other services, need to be cleansed of those who have a disposition against minorities, and that would be a good first step. When the justice system begins to, on average, mete out the same verdicts and other things the same regardless of race , class, or social status, we'll start to see better results instead of people getting angry that once again, the justice system has failed yet another member of their population, perceived or not.

While I absolutely agree that this should happen, do you really think the people partaking in the riots care fark-all about Trayvon, the trial, or the perceived failure of the justice system? The people protesting, probably so. Those that are protesting absolutely that is why they are there, even if it is a false perception based on emotion and not fact (born of ignorance). The people rioting however I believe see it as a convenient excuse to revert to primal and criminal behavior and get a free pass. I am curious as to why these types of riots occur in the first place and addressing that issue. I don't think it is a perceived failure in the justice system but an inherent bottled up evil that is looking for any convenient excuse or when no one is looking to take action.


Opportunism, rage, the bystander effect, and mob mentality are likely contributing factors for violence or nonviolent protestors not stopping violent ones.

From what I've read, the human brain likes to go on auto pilot and go with the flow of others nearby. It takes a lot of effort to stop it from that behavior.
2013-07-16 11:20:10 AM
1 votes:
In the far away future times, mothers will scare their children into being good by telling the story not of the bogeyman, but of the...

...ZIMMERMAN!
2013-07-16 11:18:56 AM
1 votes:

Civil_War2_Time: ZeroCorpse: Having lived in Lansing, I've watched hordes of lily-white middle-class college students riot and trash their own town over something as stupid as a football game, so I really don't buy the whole idea that this is a racial tendency. It's herd mentality. It's mob mentality. People (mostly you filthy extroverts) get in big crowds, and suddenly you surrender the ability to think for yourself and you do whatever the crowd is doing.

This isn't a Black/White thing. This is an extrovert/introvert thing. There were plenty of African American introverts who didn't join the mob, didn't loot or pillage, and instead stayed home and watched a movie, cooked some dinner, and maybe hugged their family.

I have an honest question for you...

Did those people show up with assault rifles like last night? Or, did they just burn some couches and break a few windows?

I was listening to the police feed last night, and "eight black males with AK-47's and M-16's at Crenshaw and MLK." Also, "12 black and Hispanic males with assault rifles, use of force is authorized, and the 'Rammer Van' is good to go" in that same area.

Mob mentality is one thing, but showing up with assault rifles and AK-47's and M-16's is completely different.


IIRC, they turned over cars, stole people's personal belongings from the cars, smashed shop windows and looted the displays, and lit lots of stuff on fire.

But if you want assault rifles being carried around, you need go no further than the rednecks and hicks who gather to protest the latest thing Obama did to them. This is Michigan, home of the Michigan Militia and several other small groups of crazies with large guns. We have our share of backwoods white guys showing off weapons, trying to be intimidating.

The Lansing college kids didn't brandish AK-47s, but they were pretty quick to figure out the Molotov cocktails, and it takes a whole crowd of them to flip over cars. There were more than a few rapes reported, too, if I recall. Fratboys see a mob as a chance to drag college girls into alleys and have their way with them, apparently.

So my point stands: Extroverts turn into animals under the right conditions, and they'll run with the herd no matter how deviant the behavior becomes. Guns, flaming bottles of booze, looting, rape... It's all antisocial, violent behavior that is fueled by these large gatherings of idiots.
2013-07-16 11:17:53 AM
1 votes:
JUSTICE FOR TRAYVON!
*Punches random person on a bus stop in the face*

JUSTICE FOR TRAYVON!
*Tips over car and knocks down Wal-Mart display*
2013-07-16 11:15:16 AM
1 votes:

Pichu0102: The root of the problem is that many in these cultures feel abandoned or hated by the justice system. The justice system, as well as various other services, need to be cleansed of those who have a disposition against minorities, and that would be a good first step. When the justice system begins to, on average, mete out the same verdicts and other things the same regardless of race , class, or social status, we'll start to see better results instead of people getting angry that once again, the justice system has failed yet another member of their population, perceived or not.


While I absolutely agree that this should happen, do you really think the people partaking in the riots care fark-all about Trayvon, the trial, or the perceived failure of the justice system? The people protesting, probably so. Those that are protesting absolutely that is why they are there, even if it is a false perception based on emotion and not fact (born of ignorance). The people rioting however I believe see it as a convenient excuse to revert to primal and criminal behavior and get a free pass. I am curious as to why these types of riots occur in the first place and addressing that issue. I don't think it is a perceived failure in the justice system but an inherent bottled up evil that is looking for any convenient excuse or when no one is looking to take action.
2013-07-16 11:10:19 AM
1 votes:

the money is in the banana stand: DROxINxTHExWIND: Tat'dGreaser: Pichu0102: So when are we going to call out all the white sports fans for when sports riots start, property damage is far higher, and people actually start dying?

Oh.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone say that was a good thing

Can we all just agree that anyone who acts like this is bad?

I think the issue is that the Weenersor and some after have suggested that the people were violent because their skin color has some effect on their disposition. That is what I believe Pinchu is reffering too.

Not skin color, but culture. Unfortunately, one skin color in particular gravitates towards that culture. Please explain to me how and why pretty much everyone knew what "race" would be primarily taking part and leading these riots before it happened? Is that not cause for alarm or curious to you that before I even click the link, I probably know what I am going to see? Before the trial is over, we can predict what will happen? Is it sad that certain locations, we know if a sports team wins/loses, we know there will be looting and riots perpetuated primarily by a certain ethnic group?

No one is that dense to believe it is because of skin color. It has nothing to do with skin color. I would be curious to see a poll of people who think GZ is guilty and reason for believing so broken down by race. I can guarantee you that the black vote would HEAVILY reflect that GZ is guilty, and the other races would be on the fence. Who are the racists there? The ones that vote based on obvious bias, or everyone else? The criminals here are the ones rioting. I do not believe they represent the whole, but one race in particular makes up the vast majority OF the rioters. The bad thing is, no one can openly criticize the rioters without being labeled a racist. We cannot talk openly or ask questions, because asking questions and being curious why the disparity in race participation is racist. Can't we move past that petty bullshiat so we can actually you know, fix the real problem?


The root of the problem is that many in these cultures feel abandoned or hated by the justice system. The justice system, as well as various other services, need to be cleansed of those who have a disposition against minorities, and that would be a good first step. When the justice system begins to, on average, mete out the same verdicts and other things the same regardless of race , class, or social status, we'll start to see better results instead of people getting angry that once again, the justice system has failed yet another member of their population, perceived or not.
2013-07-16 11:07:41 AM
1 votes:
It was a bad week for Walmart to run its "Buy a Hoodie, get free bag of Skittles" promotion
2013-07-16 10:59:52 AM
1 votes:

tenpoundsofcheese: DROxINxTHExWIND: SecretAgentWoman: Way to go to, guys!

Proving that racial stereotypes, indeed, have a basis in reality.

I guess the G8 Summit should tell us something about people on the far left.

FTFY.


So many different factions of white people who differ from the "normals". Lets see:

> poor white trash
> the far left
> the far right
> neo nazis
>  meathead jocks
> fundamentalists
> Tea Partiers
> hippie scum
> yuppie scum
> guidos
> bikers
> anti-government types

When any of the people in these groups commits an atrocity, its not "white" people who are to blame, its not because "white" people have not been raised properly, its not because white people hate authority, its not because white people are inherently violent. But if a few black people tear something up its a "cultural" thing.
2013-07-16 10:57:24 AM
1 votes:
It's almost as shocking as the number of farkers that I color-coded as 'Racist' showing up in this thread to be racist.
2013-07-16 10:54:44 AM
1 votes:
Can we expect the same outrage for a white woman knocking down a 73 year old man for singing a tribute to Trayvon?

Why yes, there is video.
2013-07-16 10:53:23 AM
1 votes:
It probably IS what Trayvon would have wanted though, no?
2013-07-16 10:46:35 AM
1 votes:

DROxINxTHExWIND: I think the issue is that the Weenersor and some after have suggested that the people were violent because their skin color has some effect on their disposition. That is what I believe Pinchu is reffering too.


Ahhhhh gotcha

Yea, idiots are idiots. I don't think it matters what skin color they were born with. Especially if you live in Vancuver and burn your own city down because you lost the Cup to the Big Bad Bruins.
2013-07-16 10:40:23 AM
1 votes:

Big Beef Burrito: No, its neither funny, nor well-crafted in the traditional sense, but sometimes a headline comes along that's just guaranteed to bring out the crazy.

This is that headline.


It's an in your face commentary on what's happening in the name of 'justice'. I applaud Smitty again.
2013-07-16 10:37:02 AM
1 votes:
l3.yimg.com

No, but those 'ear-rings' are a crime.
2013-07-16 10:34:31 AM
1 votes:

SecretAgentWoman: Way to go to, guys!

Proving that racial stereotypes, indeed, have a basis in reality.


I hope this is sarcasm. If not, please DIAF. You're a disgrace to white people and Southern states.
2013-07-16 10:29:46 AM
1 votes:
Who cares, let California burn
2013-07-16 10:26:53 AM
1 votes:
LargeCanine: They are not protesters, they are criminals FBI agitators.

It only takes one or two to get the crowd going.
2013-07-16 10:26:26 AM
1 votes:
And these people pretty much farked themselves even more. How many of those stores will shut down or move away now that this has happend. I remember after the Rodney King trial all the rioting and years after that many of the buildings were still burned out and empty because nobody would invest in that neighborhood again.
2013-07-16 10:25:36 AM
1 votes:

SecretAgentWoman: Way to go to, guys!

Proving that racial stereotypes, indeed, have a basis in reality.


Way to go, SecretAgentWoman!

Proving that southern stereotypes, indeed, have a basis in reality.
2013-07-16 10:23:03 AM
1 votes:

cman: Now this is one hell of a headline


Dancin_In_Anson: [dancininanson.net image 425x284]


To The Escape Zeppelin!: Bravo subby, +1 internets for you.


Big Beef Burrito: God damn, subby, you really took it to the next level.


Did the admins change this headline from something that was originally funny or well-crafted?
2013-07-16 10:20:44 AM
1 votes:
I hear after being released they all went to a local fox news affiliate and received a wad of cash.

/too paranoid? maybe... maybe not.
2013-07-16 10:19:55 AM
1 votes:
Thank you, media and internet, for enlightening the general public about the facts of the case, not inflaming people's emotions, and helping foster an environment of enlightened discourse.
2013-07-16 10:15:04 AM
1 votes:
I hope they beat each other up, and cap the evening by breaking into some houses (hey heads up, if someone follows you, assume they're armed).
2013-07-16 10:14:08 AM
1 votes:

boarch: Are you farking kidding me? Why are they being called "Protesters" throughout the media? Clearly, once they pass the peaceful protest stage they are rioters


"Protester" has been redefined to mean "criminal."
2013-07-16 10:12:46 AM
1 votes:
Are you farking kidding me? Why are they being called "Protesters" throughout the media? Clearly, once they pass the peaceful protest stage they are rioters
2013-07-16 10:11:37 AM
1 votes:
In the looters defense, they do sell Skittles and hoodies at Wal-Mart
2013-07-16 09:50:12 AM
1 votes:
Now this is one hell of a headline
 
Displayed 73 of 73 comments

View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest

This thread is closed to new comments.

Continue Farking
Submit a Link »






Report