Do you have adblock enabled?
 
If you can read this, either the style sheet didn't load or you have an older browser that doesn't support style sheets. Try clearing your browser cache and refreshing the page.

(Information Management)   Tech hiring now accounts for 10% of all U.S. job growth. The other 90% still comes from pizza delivery, lawn service, convenience stores   (information-management.com ) divider line
    More: Interesting, U.S., convenience stores, computing platform, discouraged worker, pizzas, lawns, employees, Bureau of Labor Statistics  
•       •       •

747 clicks; posted to Business » on 10 Jul 2013 at 8:48 AM (2 years ago)   |   Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»



Voting Results (Funniest)
View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest


Archived thread
2013-07-10 09:38:19 AM  
2 votes:
Situation:  Why do you want a tech job?  To make good money.  Why do you want to make good money?  Because you think you need it to meet women.

Problem:  Now that you have a tech job, you never meet women.

Solution:  You should have become a bartender.
2013-07-10 02:51:54 PM  
1 vote:

Slaves2Darkness: Good maybe employers are finally realizing that you don't need to be an expert in 27 different technologies to be an entry level code monkey. Or when hiring for a senior position if you really want the person you are hiring to be an expert in 27 different technologies 60K a year is not going to get them to sign on.

Since 2008 I've gone on at least 30 different job interviews, but not accepted one offer. All I can say is corporate management all apparently decided that they could beat down wages and went full retarded on trying to hire people who are actually skilled. Why would I leave my current position for one that pays 1/2 with out benefits? Yeah that was the worst offer I've had, but not one offer in the last five years has even equaled my current pay. Only reason I'm currently looking is because I'm bored.


You sound overpaid.
 
Displayed 2 of 2 comments

View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest


This thread is archived, and closed to new comments.

Continue Farking
Submit a Link »
On Twitter






In Other Media


  1. Links are submitted by members of the Fark community.

  2. When community members submit a link, they also write a custom headline for the story.

  3. Other Farkers comment on the links. This is the number of comments. Click here to read them.

  4. Click here to submit a link.

Report