MayoSlather: I was a pescetarian for a time mainly because I don't like the treatment of animals throughout most of the livestock industry. I caved, because buffalo wings are delicious.
hubiestubert: You know what? I don't mind if folks decide to go vegetarian. I don't mind if they go vegan. It does affect me, at least at work, because I make accommodations to the menu for them, but personally, it matters very little to me, other than a few more folks that will pay me for my food. I eat meat. I don't mind if folks excise it from their diet for medical or for ethical reasons, but I don't feel shame for it. Don't like it? Don't eat it. But never mind what is on other peoples' plates. Worked when you were five, it still works today...
James!: That cannot be real.
DrZiffle: I've heard lesbians refer to "former" lesbians who shack up with a man as "has-bians."
jfivealive: It's a good thing being a vegan is impossible
SirEattonHogg: MNGuy: I don't know. I haven't eaten meat for like five years. Congrats on your evolutionary superiority.Are you congratulating carnivores or vegans?
God Is My Co-Pirate: The only time I've ever been annoyed at someone else's diet was when we had a friend round for dinner. He brought his new girlfriend, and phoned 45 minutes before they showed up to tell me that she couldn't eat eggs, dairy, gluten or meat. Which scuppered every course I'd planned.
Jim_Callahan: I'd go with "second worst". Worst would probably be that veganism is stupid on its face, corresponding to no consistent dietary or ethical stance whatsoever in a manner that the average five-year-old can easily pick apart.
1. Put snakes on plane: Fake or horribly misguided. Telling people to kill themselves is not exactly in-line with being vegan.Jim_Callahan: I'd go with "second worst". Worst would probably be that veganism is stupid on its face, corresponding to no consistent dietary or ethical stance whatsoever in a manner that the average five-year-old can easily pick apart.ORLY? Do tell. Difficulty: no straw men. Although I have little idea what a "dietary stance" would be. Feel free to stick to the actual ethical argument rather than try to explain that one.
MNguy: I don't know. I haven't eaten meat for like five years. Congrats on your evolutionary superiority.
LeroyBourne: I can understand someone being a vegetarian, but vegan eludes me. Seriously? No honey? That makes no sense, or wearing wool? I love chapping vegans I've encountered who drink. How can you drink beer? It's the byproduct of yeast, a living organism!
abfalter: Aside from those who are vegatarian because of religious views, I would guess than something less than 5% of vegatarians really are vegatarian for any health or ethics related reason and tha the other 95%+ are vegatarian for the smug sense of superiority they imagine it confers upon them.If you are a vegan then please SHUT THE fark UP about it. We really, really, REALLY, don't care and are unimpressed.
Links are submitted by members of the Fark community.
When community members submit a link, they also write a custom headline for the story.
Other Farkers comment on the links. This is the number of comments. Click here to read them.
You need to create an account to submit links or post comments.
Click here to submit a link.
Also on Fark
Submit a Link »
Copyright © 1999 - 2017 Fark, Inc | Last updated: Feb 27 2017 02:59:56
Runtime: 0.549 sec (548 ms)