DarkVader: Argh.Asbestos IS NOT TOXIC.Asbestos is actually quite inert, that's why it was used so much, it's really good at not reacting with things, thus making it a very good fire barrier. That property is also why it's dangerous, because the body can't break it down and it tends to have very small, very sharp particles. Over time, as those particles sit in the lungs, they irritate the lung tissue. And constant irritation over long periods of time can cause cancer.
Want more stories with less ads? Try
It's what the cool kids are doing.It's also how we pay the bills.
Sign up for the Fark NotNewsletter!
Links are submitted by members of the Fark community.
When community members submit a link, they also write a custom headline for the story.
Other Farkers comment on the links. This is the number of comments. Click here to read them.
You need to create an account to submit links or post comments.
Click here to submit a link.
Also on Fark
Submit a Link »
Copyright © 1999 - 2017 Fark, Inc | Last updated: Nov 23 2017 01:00:48
Runtime: 0.155 sec (154 ms)