Do you have adblock enabled?
If you can read this, either the style sheet didn't load or you have an older browser that doesn't support style sheets. Try clearing your browser cache and refreshing the page.

(LA Times)   Airlines filled 82.8% of all seats on flights in 2012. The other 17.2% are still sitting on the tarmac on JetBlue   (latimes.com) divider line 10
    More: Interesting, JetBlue, U.S. Department of Transportation, airlines  
•       •       •

503 clicks; posted to Business » on 29 Mar 2013 at 8:39 AM (2 years ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»



10 Comments   (+0 »)
   
View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest

Archived thread
 
2013-03-29 09:25:54 AM  
translation...the numbers are pretty damn good. cut some service to weaker destinations, even if its seasonal, and we will continue to see a rise.

remember...if a butt is not in that chair when the boarding is complete, that revenue is gone forever.

/enjoy your middle seats
 
2013-03-29 09:28:47 AM  
After the AA-USAir consolidation it should go even higher.
 
2013-03-29 10:24:52 AM  
"The rate for filled seats--known as the passenger load factor--has been on the rise for several years as airlines cut seat capacity while demand has risen steadily."

Imagine that... if you cut seat capacity while demand rises, your fill rate increases and you're able to raise prices.

/still not regretting my decision to never ever give any of these airlines my money again.
 
2013-03-29 12:44:27 PM  
Based on my experience, I'm not sure there's a much higher ceiling to go, since all those empties are from the occasional on time flights on a heavy delay day where so many have missed their connection.
 
2013-03-29 02:07:01 PM  
I filled 100% of my seats...with farts.
 
hej
2013-03-29 03:05:27 PM  
Yet somehow ever damn flight I'm on they plead for somebody to take a later flight because the current one is overbooked.
 
2013-03-29 03:45:11 PM  
I've never had a problem with Jet Blue.
 
2013-03-29 06:39:06 PM  
Yeah, I don't get the JetBlue hate, as that airline has always been fine for me.  The DirecTV didn't work on my last flight, which sucked, but other than that I have no problems.
 
2013-03-29 06:57:43 PM  
And still they complain that they can't make money and must increase fees.
 
2013-03-30 01:50:36 AM  
I love JetBlue, and flying has never been cheaper.  Coast to coast non-stop for $180 each way (sometimes less).  JetBlue does the extra legroom seat for only $40.  Between JetBlue and Virgin America, I can get anywhere for under $200, with sat tv.  Most flight delays are due to weather, and so understandable.
 
Displayed 10 of 10 comments

View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest


This thread is archived, and closed to new comments.

Continue Farking
Submit a Link »
Advertisement
On Twitter






In Other Media


  1. Links are submitted by members of the Fark community.

  2. When community members submit a link, they also write a custom headline for the story.

  3. Other Farkers comment on the links. This is the number of comments. Click here to read them.

  4. Click here to submit a link.

Report