JohnAnnArbor: vsavatar: My older brother told me about this one kid who put LSD in his shop teacher's coffee. Apparently he went insane in class and started screaming and running around the room like a madman. I had that teacher almost 20 years later, and frankly the guy deserved it, as he was a complete dick. He was fired a few years after I left for assaulting a student.Um, it's possible he was never the same again after being poisoned. Some people react very badly--and permanently--to LSD,
doglover: JohnAnnArbor: vsavatar: My older brother told me about this one kid who put LSD in his shop teacher's coffee. Apparently he went insane in class and started screaming and running around the room like a madman. I had that teacher almost 20 years later, and frankly the guy deserved it, as he was a complete dick. He was fired a few years after I left for assaulting a student.Um, it's possible he was never the same again after being poisoned. Some people react very badly--and permanently--to LSD,So really the kid who poisoned him should be the one fired.
ImperialHazman: Rik01: I've read where kids are drinking hand sanitizer to get drunk. They do something to it to make it a bit more liquid.Ethanol, from what I was always told, is poisonous and, on the TV series about Moonshiners, the first run is Ethanol, which they throw away. (I didn't know making corn whisky produced ethanol at first.)Now, I knew a lab tech, who was a sheer genius at his job -- and also a hopeless alcoholic -- who stated you can drink a certain amount of Ethanol (he had) without any ill effects. He had drunk rubbing alcohol. Then again, I knew hard core drunks who drank sterno and survived.I figure the kids, not being the brightest bulbs in the lamp, were actually just trying to get the teacher drunk and not actually poison her. By the time it got to the news, as things will, it had turned into felony poisoning, which sells more papers.We are all familiar with FOX news blowing headlines out of proportion anyhow.Besides, these days, teachers should be aware to NEVER leave anything they consume open or within easy reach of students. It's not like it was 40 years ago.Back in the late 60's, students in one of my classes kept giving the teacher oranges injected nearly to bursting with Vodka. She caught on real fast, thanked them for the treat and took them home after school to share with her husband, who was also a teacher there. The guys who did it were deliberately not very secretive about it, because they liked the teacher.I also knew a girl who came to school every day with a milkshake in a thermos. Found out later, it was made with Vodka.So, I figure the kids weren't trying to actually poison her. Just get her blitzed -- probably after finding out about kids drinking hand sanitizer on YouTube or something.I had a room mate once, who really boozed it up. That's how I learned that most of those flavorings you buy for cookies and cake are actually made with a considerable amount of alcohol. I also discovered that my mouthwash was made with a heft ...
BubbaJones: FTFA:" I don't care if you don't like your teacher but seriously that's a little scary and what if they did it to student."Yeah, cuz it isn't bad enough it was done to a teacher....what if it was done to a student! Guess teachers aren't important enough to be outraged about.
born_yesterday: Kids today...with the bippin' and the boppin' and the cyanide droppin'...
Want more news before we break it? Try
See what's behind the green doorand help keep the tap flowing
Sign up for the Fark NotNewsletter!
Links are submitted by members of the Fark community.
When community members submit a link, they also write a custom headline for the story.
Other Farkers comment on the links. This is the number of comments. Click here to read them.
You need to create an account to submit links or post comments.
Click here to submit a link.
Also on Fark
Submit a Link »
Copyright © 1999 - 2017 Fark, Inc | Last updated: Oct 20 2017 10:47:57
Runtime: 0.168 sec (167 ms)