If you can read this, either the style sheet didn't load or you have an older browser that doesn't support style sheets. Try clearing your browser cache and refreshing the page.

(NBC Miami)   I knew it. I knew the Rapture was coming. So long, suckers   (nbcmiami.com) divider line 159
    More: Florida, South Florida, WPTV, Lucifers, Pope Francis, Rapture  
•       •       •

15035 clicks; posted to Main » on 15 Mar 2013 at 10:40 PM (1 year ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»



159 Comments   (+0 »)
   
View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest

Archived thread
 
2013-03-15 08:25:42 PM
Looks like you're still stuck here with us sinners on Earth. Ha, ha.
 
2013-03-15 08:36:47 PM
25.media.tumblr.com

Nothing... I saw nothing....
 
2013-03-15 08:48:02 PM
I'm here in Jersey. It's called purgatory.
 
2013-03-15 08:51:47 PM
24.media.tumblr.com
 
2013-03-15 08:52:10 PM
www.albumartexchange.us

/obscure?
 
2013-03-15 09:16:56 PM

calbert: [www.albumartexchange.us image 500x405]

/obscure?


Only if you're under 30, which relates to another thread today.

/would hit it so hard, Richard Gere would cough up Lemmiwinks
 
2013-03-15 09:19:54 PM
i1079.photobucket.com
 
2013-03-15 09:25:42 PM
That's not an angel, you idiots. That's Mickey Mouse returning to Valhalla to feast and slumber after that Goddamn Eisner stole his money.
 
2013-03-15 10:11:07 PM
"It happened the day Pope Francis was announced and some Catholics saw it as a possible sign from God."


It's a message from God: Clouds exist.
 
2013-03-15 10:19:02 PM
Don't blink, Florida.
 
vpb [TotalFark]
2013-03-15 10:25:24 PM
So after about three days of these headlines, the one that doesn't even mention the similarity to sea monkeys get's greened?
 
NFA [TotalFark]
2013-03-15 10:27:16 PM
24.media.tumblr.com
 
2013-03-15 10:41:59 PM
4.bp.blogspot.com
 
2013-03-15 10:42:28 PM
Steve Massie said that seeing shapes and faces in non-human objects was simply something he called "pareidolia."

That's some fine reporting there Lou
 
2013-03-15 10:45:33 PM
Steve Massie said that seeing shapes and faces in non-human objects was simply something he called "pareidolia."

Steve Massie:Not Sure
Most other Floridians: Everyone else in Idiocracy
 
2013-03-15 10:45:34 PM
That's a cloud.
 
2013-03-15 10:46:56 PM
Ta ta! Have a nice time.
 
2013-03-15 10:47:19 PM
I know where that cloud came out of.....

img2u.info
 
2013-03-15 10:47:21 PM
It looks like a labia.
 
2013-03-15 10:48:49 PM

lelio: Steve Massie said that seeing shapes and faces in non-human objects was simply something he called "pareidolia."

That's some fine reporting there Lou


I didn't realize before this that journalists were actually this farking retarded. On the other hand, it is Florida.
 
2013-03-15 10:49:09 PM

OtherLittleGuy: Nothing... I saw nothing....


First the Malachi Throne thread and now this one... it's DVD time.
 
2013-03-15 10:49:12 PM
1) It's a cloud at sunset.
2) That said"  Great shot, Mr. Photo man.
 
2013-03-15 10:49:39 PM
I see Satan.
 
2013-03-15 10:49:44 PM
1.bp.blogspot.com
 
2013-03-15 10:51:33 PM
25.media.tumblr.com
 
2013-03-15 10:54:30 PM
i.imgur.com
So long, Stinktown.
 
2013-03-15 10:55:27 PM
Seriously, do these f*cking Morions actually believe this shiat? Are they so demented by religion that they search every living/non-living inanimate object and try to equate a religious aspect to it?
I really want to understand. Is it stupidity? Is it programmed into them by religious instruction? Cant we institutionalize idiots like this, or do we wait for them to buy weapons and kill the "devils" in their minds. WTF is our world coming to?

/befuddled.
 
2013-03-15 10:56:23 PM
...and by the sweat of your brow, Rapture can be yours, too.
 
2013-03-15 10:56:29 PM
Few thousand years of civilization and we still look at the clouds for clues. Might as well stayed in caves.
 
2013-03-15 10:56:32 PM
When the rapture comes, can I have your stuff?
 
2013-03-15 10:56:34 PM
Great and you scared it off Florida. Thanks a lot.
 
2013-03-15 10:58:27 PM
So.... can I have your stuff?
 
2013-03-15 11:00:40 PM
Dave Chappelle saying "Bye n****s' popped into my head. Now I am gonna have to watch me some show.

:-)

/We're all stuck here.
 
2013-03-15 11:01:56 PM
I mean, from that angle it does look similar to the stereotypical imagery of angels, but it is about as relevant as saying that a cloud that looks like a chicken is a sign I'm about to score some hot cock.
 
2013-03-15 11:04:13 PM

calbert: [www.albumartexchange.us image 500x405]

/obscure?


No.  No it is not.
 
2013-03-15 11:08:11 PM
fc04.deviantart.net
 
2013-03-15 11:08:22 PM
It's a farking cloud people.  I'm not sure what an angel looks like, but that looks like condensed moisture in the upper atmosphere to me.
 
2013-03-15 11:10:08 PM
Why would an angel need a starship....I mean a cloud?
 
2013-03-15 11:10:23 PM
I once saw a cloud that looked like a pile of mashed potatoes.  I immediately knelt and prayed for Idaho.
 
2013-03-15 11:11:29 PM
That is clearly Lucifer. Looks like I picked the right team for once.
 
2013-03-15 11:12:26 PM
Perky tits.  I like it
 
2013-03-15 11:12:47 PM
Looks like a Led Zeppelin poster to me.
 
2013-03-15 11:13:17 PM

LesserEvil: I know where that cloud came out of.....

[img2u.info image 375x262]


4chan?
 
2013-03-15 11:13:29 PM
I see a stripper. Possibly it's an angel trying to pay its way through college.
 
2013-03-15 11:14:36 PM
I bet a mall just opened

upload.wikimedia.org
 
2013-03-15 11:17:04 PM

LesserEvil: I know where that cloud came out of.....

[img2u.info image 375x262]


CSB: I know the guy that made that image.
NSCSB: I'm a pathetic waste of breathing air.
 
2013-03-15 11:17:25 PM
To me it looks more like one of the ghosts from Gauntlet on the NES.

unrealitymag.com
 
2013-03-15 11:17:43 PM

DubyaHater: LesserEvil: I know where that cloud came out of.....

[img2u.info image 375x262]

4chan?


Shacknews, actually.
 
2013-03-15 11:18:35 PM
He's been watching, Florida, and He's pissed.
 
2013-03-15 11:18:48 PM
That doesn't look like an angel, it looks like a ghost.

An evil, scary looking demon angel ghost.
 
2013-03-15 11:20:59 PM

vpb: So after about three days of these headlines, the one that doesn't even mention the similarity to sea monkeys get's greened?


You could have put a lot more apostrophes in that post.
 
2013-03-15 11:21:37 PM

Altitude5280: It looks like a labia.


Mrs. Gilthanis looked at it and said it looked like a uterus and Fallopian tubes.

/She's a nursing student.
 
2013-03-15 11:21:46 PM
evaxephon.com

when does third impact occur?
 
2013-03-15 11:23:22 PM

topcon: calbert: [www.albumartexchange.us image 500x405]

/obscure?

No.  No it is not.


it is a shame that topcon wasn't raptured, obscure? yeah blondie is obscure. fab five freddy might have been obscure, 32 years ago.
 
2013-03-15 11:24:25 PM
i meant calbert, i agree with topcon.
 
2013-03-15 11:26:06 PM
It kind of looks like the Columbia Pictures logo.
 
2013-03-15 11:26:16 PM
Meh.  Looks Photoshopped.

Too bad - would've loved another David Spade "buh bye" skit.
 
2013-03-15 11:27:02 PM
"Did you ever notice how in the Bible, when ever God needed to punish someone, or make an example, or whenever God needed a killing, he sent an angel? Did you ever wonder what a creature like that must be like? A whole existence spent praising your God, but always with one wing dipped in blood. Would you ever really want to see an angel? "
 
2013-03-15 11:27:52 PM
thepunkeffect.com

Dogs and cats living together, MASS HYSTERIA!
 
2013-03-15 11:28:31 PM

OtherLittleGuy: calbert: [www.albumartexchange.us image 500x405]

/obscure?

Only if you're under 30, which relates to another thread today.

/would hit it so hard, Richard Gere would cough up Lemmiwinks


3

OtherLittleGuy: calbert: [www.albumartexchange.us image 500x405]

/obscure?

Only if you're under 30, which relates to another thread today.

/would hit it so hard, Richard Gere would cough up Lemmiwinks


Under 30? They don't even count.
pfft
 
2013-03-15 11:29:35 PM
The thing is people here are saying "it looks like......" xyz. I'm fairly sure some Americans are saying "it is"..... an angel, a devil, a football. Again, I ask WTF???
 
2013-03-15 11:29:41 PM
It happened the day Pope Francis was announced and some Catholics saw it as a possible sign from God.

"The pope asked to pray for Him," Cat Sunn told WPTV. "God answered."


This story was plastered all over the media in Florida today. I saw it on another station that asked it's meteorologist and even he said it was just a regular cloud.

Now riddle me this, if this really was God answering about the choice for Pope, why would he do it over Palm Beach County, FL instead of over Rome where they actually picked the Pope?

This is up there with seeing Jesus on a burnt piece of toast and thinking that's divine intervention.
 
2013-03-15 11:30:37 PM
sometimes I wondered if the rapture was real will all the clothes be left behind? if they were then so would all the previously in use maxipads & tampons.
 
2013-03-15 11:31:56 PM

Mrtraveler01: It happened the day Pope Francis was announced and some Catholics saw it as a possible sign from God.

"The pope asked to pray for Him," Cat Sunn told WPTV. "God answered."

This story was plastered all over the media in Florida today. I saw it on another station that asked it's meteorologist and even he said it was just a regular cloud.

Now riddle me this, if this really was God answering about the choice for Pope, why would he do it over Palm Beach County, FL instead of over Rome where they actually picked the Pope?

This is up there with seeing Jesus on a burnt piece of toast and thinking that's divine intervention.


Because there are a high percentage of jesusfreaks/drug abusers in Florida? Just guessing.
 
2013-03-15 11:32:52 PM
images.artnet.com

/hot
 
2013-03-15 11:33:15 PM
What are you nattering on about? The Rapture already happened, five years ago. It's just that nobody missed the 4 people who were taken.
 
Oak
2013-03-15 11:35:06 PM
www.dustygroove.com
 
2013-03-15 11:35:57 PM
It's clearly not an angel. Where's the trenchcoat?
www.deviantart.com
 
2013-03-15 11:36:17 PM

thorthor: Mrtraveler01: It happened the day Pope Francis was announced and some Catholics saw it as a possible sign from God.

"The pope asked to pray for Him," Cat Sunn told WPTV. "God answered."

This story was plastered all over the media in Florida today. I saw it on another station that asked it's meteorologist and even he said it was just a regular cloud.

Now riddle me this, if this really was God answering about the choice for Pope, why would he do it over Palm Beach County, FL instead of over Rome where they actually picked the Pope?

This is up there with seeing Jesus on a burnt piece of toast and thinking that's divine intervention.

Because there are a high percentage of jesusfreaks/drug abusers in Florida? Just guessing.


God bless that farked up state!
 
2013-03-15 11:36:48 PM

FormlessOne: It's clearly not an angel. Where's the trenchcoat?
[www.deviantart.com image 850x639]


It's also significantly smaller than the Chrysler Building
 
2013-03-15 11:38:11 PM
"Do you know how you got that dent, in your top lip? Way back, before you were born, I told you a secret, then I put my finger there and I said "Shhhhh!"
 
2013-03-15 11:40:25 PM
I believe it was sent by Steve Jobs
 
2013-03-15 11:43:21 PM

Mrtraveler01: It happened the day Pope Francis was announced and some Catholics saw it as a possible sign from God.

"The pope asked to pray for Him," Cat Sunn told WPTV. "God answered."

This story was plastered all over the media in Florida today. I saw it on another station that asked it's meteorologist and even he said it was just a regular cloud.

Now riddle me this, if this really was God answering about the choice for Pope, why would he do it over Palm Beach County, FL instead of over Rome where they actually picked the Pope?

This is up there with seeing Jesus on a burnt piece of toast and thinking that's divine intervention.



IT WAS A MESSAGE FROM GOD.

But the message wasn't intended for Catholics.


/jk
//jk
///JK!

But not to worry - the message will just Passover their heads
 
2013-03-15 11:46:07 PM
So has the rapture already happened? Are the people who are still here at this moment God's Unchosen? Does this mean all the true Christians have left, for good? Did they take the Muslims with them (I hope)?
 
2013-03-15 11:46:45 PM

Amos Quito: But not to worry - the message will just Passover their heads


What you did there...I see it.

Loved this part though:

Jews are still a rarity in Belle Glade, Pahokee, South Bay and the remote farming towns of western Palm Beach County.

Unless a Jew was poor (and I imagine there are a few), why would anyone move to those backwater hellholes in the first place?
 
2013-03-15 11:52:09 PM

Mrtraveler01: Unless a Jew was poor (and I imagine there are a few),


That's just what they want you to think. Everyone knows they have Jew-gold around their necks.

images3.wikia.nocookie.net
 
2013-03-15 11:53:13 PM

scottydoesntknow: I bet a mall just opened

[upload.wikimedia.org image 512x384]


I was wondering when that particular reference would pop up...

+1!

/ beat me to it
 
2013-03-15 11:54:20 PM

Mrtraveler01: thorthor: Mrtraveler01: It happened the day Pope Francis was announced and some Catholics saw it as a possible sign from God.

"The pope asked to pray for Him," Cat Sunn told WPTV. "God answered."

This story was plastered all over the media in Florida today. I saw it on another station that asked it's meteorologist and even he said it was just a regular cloud.

Now riddle me this, if this really was God answering about the choice for Pope, why would he do it over Palm Beach County, FL instead of over Rome where they actually picked the Pope?

This is up there with seeing Jesus on a burnt piece of toast and thinking that's divine intervention.

Because there are a high percentage of jesusfreaks/drug abusers in Florida? Just guessing.

God bless that farked up state!


Yeah, I guess. I'm not goin there though.
 
2013-03-15 11:55:29 PM

thorthor: Mrtraveler01: thorthor: Mrtraveler01: It happened the day Pope Francis was announced and some Catholics saw it as a possible sign from God.

"The pope asked to pray for Him," Cat Sunn told WPTV. "God answered."

This story was plastered all over the media in Florida today. I saw it on another station that asked it's meteorologist and even he said it was just a regular cloud.

Now riddle me this, if this really was God answering about the choice for Pope, why would he do it over Palm Beach County, FL instead of over Rome where they actually picked the Pope?

This is up there with seeing Jesus on a burnt piece of toast and thinking that's divine intervention.

Because there are a high percentage of jesusfreaks/drug abusers in Florida? Just guessing.

God bless that farked up state!

Yeah, I guess. I'm not goin there though.


I live in Missouri which I believe is basically Florida with crappier weather.

The news in Florida is much more entertaining than it is up here.
 
2013-03-15 11:55:40 PM
I saw a picture of a cloud that resembled a turd. Should we take this as a sign from God as well?
 
2013-03-15 11:56:02 PM
Subby, with that type of smarmy headline, you're gonna be hanging out with me and Kirk.
 
2013-03-15 11:56:43 PM
I always mess with these people and say "You know, according to the hierarchy of the bible angels do not have wings.  Only cherubs do.  Did you know that?"

F*cks with them every time - they can't get mad since you're quoting the bible like you know it.  Plus, it's actually true.

Cherubs = wings.

Angels = no wings
 
2013-03-15 11:57:22 PM
cherubs gots like a million eyes and shiat
 
2013-03-15 11:58:28 PM
Look, people, this is a big damn problem.  I took a lot of money from people who wanted their pets to be taken care of in case they were raptured and their pets weren't.  I'm a mostly honest man, but my HOA just won't allow that many pets.  Being an atheist, I never worried about this actually happening.
 
2013-03-16 12:05:22 AM

NewWorldDan: Look, people, this is a big damn problem.  I took a lot of money from people who wanted their pets to be taken care of in case they were raptured and their pets weren't.  I'm a mostly honest man, but my HOA just won't allow that many pets.  Being an atheist, I never worried about this actually happening.


Let them go and let God take care of them.
 
2013-03-16 12:06:35 AM

Clock Spider Jerusalem: sometimes I wondered if the rapture was real will all the clothes be left behind? if they were then so would all the previously in use maxipads & tampons.


along with any implants, boob jobs, pins and screws, pacemakers etc
 
2013-03-16 12:07:27 AM
STUPID farkING IDIOTS!!!!!!
 
2013-03-16 12:13:13 AM

Ed Grubermann: LesserEvil: I know where that cloud came out of.....

[img2u.info image 375x262]

CSB: I know the guy that made that image.
NSCSB: I'm a pathetic waste of breathing air.


You know Kirk?
 
2013-03-16 12:17:49 AM
People are stupid. I need to start profiting from it until they're all enslaved
 
2013-03-16 12:19:30 AM

What_Would_Jimi_Do: Clock Spider Jerusalem: sometimes I wondered if the rapture was real will all the clothes be left behind? if they were then so would all the previously in use maxipads & tampons.

along with any implants, boob jobs, pins and screws, pacemakers etc


guy wakes up, there's two plastic boobs and a tampon next to him. forget it.
 
2013-03-16 12:20:07 AM
FTFA: "Steve Massie said that seeing shapes and faces in non-human objects was simply something he called "pareidolia."

"He called", as if it was just his silly word and not the actual science behind the phenomenon.

Journalists are born idiots, and pretty much remain that way their entire lives. Pareidolia is not just what Steve Massie called it. It's what it IS, you dipshiats.
 
2013-03-16 12:20:07 AM
Well, I'm convinced.
 
2013-03-16 12:20:42 AM
It's not an angel, it's Greg Louganis.  He's telling you that sunsets are faaaaaaaaabulous.
 
2013-03-16 12:22:29 AM
It is an angel. They were playing football and that DICK Michael threw it too far again.
 
2013-03-16 12:26:27 AM
Am I the only one who's just going 'oooh, so pretty'? Because really, that's a beautiful cloud.
 
2013-03-16 12:31:45 AM
ih1.redbubble.net
 
2013-03-16 12:32:54 AM
Angels are described as being pretty bizarre in the bible, or looking just like regular people. The popular image of them is just from some paintings people did, so anyone who praises or worships this is probably going to hell. If you believe in that sort of thing.
 
2013-03-16 12:35:33 AM
All hail our new cirrus overlord, the angel of the skies, a sign from the heavens, the harbinger of his divine wi--wait, where did it go? I disappeared!

By golly, these mystical signs in the heavens are so perplexing. If only we had some sort of organized and regulated process for ascertaining what causes these strange natural phenomenons within our atmosphere. We could call it something like.. "The Opposite of Dumbassery" or "Not Jump To Stupid Conclusionology"
 
2013-03-16 12:39:38 AM

Santroff: All hail our new cirrus overlord, the angel of the skies, a sign from the heavens, the harbinger of his divine wi--wait, where did it go? I disappeared!

By golly, these mystical signs in the heavens are so perplexing. If only we had some sort of organized and regulated process for ascertaining what causes these strange natural phenomenons within our atmosphere. We could call it something like.. "The Opposite of Dumbassery" or "Not Jump To Stupid Conclusionology"


Right, because you need a whole science dedicated to looking out the window and observing the weather. Maybe if they didn't pull that "30% chance" BS they could be a real science. You can say there's a 30% chance of rain every single day for the rest of time and never be wrong. That is hardly science.
 
2013-03-16 12:42:48 AM

Mrtraveler01: Amos Quito: But not to worry - the message will just Passover their heads

What you did there...I see it.

Loved this part though:

Jews are still a rarity in Belle Glade, Pahokee, South Bay and the remote farming towns of western Palm Beach County.

Unless a Jew was poor (and I imagine there are a few), why would anyone move to those backwater hellholes in the first place?



That was an angel?

Looked more like hanging chad to me.
 
2013-03-16 12:44:27 AM

untaken_name: Right, because you need a whole science dedicated to looking out the window and observing the weather. Maybe if they didn't pull that "30% chance" BS they could be a real science. You can say there's a 30% chance of rain every single day for the rest of time and never be wrong. That is hardly science.


Exactly.. why pursue such a foolhardy concept when we have the Bible to tell us how to interpret the weather. I, for one, accept still hold on to my 100% certainty that droughts are caused by witchcraft.
 
2013-03-16 12:46:30 AM

HighZoolander: lelio: Steve Massie said that seeing shapes and faces in non-human objects was simply something he called "pareidolia."
That's some fine reporting there Lou
I didn't realize before this that journalists were actually this farking retarded. On the other hand, it is Florida.


www.chud.com
 
2013-03-16 12:47:40 AM
Thank You, Zerocorpse that was bugging me to.
 
2013-03-16 12:51:02 AM
Ummm, it's red, so it's a demon cloud.  Obv!
 
2013-03-16 12:54:14 AM

untaken_name: Right, because you need a whole science dedicated to looking out the window and observing the weather. Maybe if they didn't pull that "30% chance" BS they could be a real science. You can say there's a 30% chance of rain every single day for the rest of time and never be wrong. That is hardly science.


Actually, that's all science is, was, or ever will be: Percentages.

Science doesn't prove certainties, only high probabilities. The likelihood of things to occur in the future based on the statistical evidence of them occurring in the past.
 
2013-03-16 12:56:23 AM

Fano:


Looks like this hood ornament: http://www.automotive-stock-images.com/car-hood-ornaments.html

(sorry, I'm on my phone and it's a pain to post an image)
 
2013-03-16 12:58:27 AM
Yeah, it looks like an angel. I thought so too when I saw the photo.

The difference being, I thought "Wow, that CLOUD looks like an angel, how neat," and promptly dismissed it from my mind.

Just because a natural phenomenon looks like something else doesn't mean there's a Divine Being involved. Just imagination.
 
2013-03-16 01:08:05 AM

Gyrfalcon: Yeah, it looks like an angel. I thought so too when I saw the photo.

The difference being, I thought "Wow, that CLOUD looks like an angel, how neat," and promptly dismissed it from my mind.

Just because a natural phenomenon looks like something else doesn't mean there's a Divine Being involved. Just imagination.



Imagination IS the Divine Being.


/Joke's on you
//And me
///So say we all
 
2013-03-16 01:09:05 AM
I'm sorry but if you are so against meteorology that you don't think it is a science then can you please ignore all tornado sirens, storm warnings, hurricane warnings, etc. Because clearly, nobody can accurately predict these things since it is just not a science.

I mean, weatherman said it was gonna be mid 70s today and it was mid 70s. If I just had to GUESS on what a day in mid march would be I would say 50.

But anyway, the angel cloud. Seriously who gives two farks? Also, do these people never look at clouds because sometimes when I am out, you know, in nature and the big fluffy clouds are rolling and so fun to watch- they look like all kinds of things. How have you not seen an "angel" shape before?

Also- angels are terrifying they are like a weird non-human thing... not from Earth so pretty much aliens. And they can be really evil, case in point Lucifer! I don't trust em!
 
2013-03-16 01:13:31 AM
Right next to the angel there was a turtle and a whale as well.
 
2013-03-16 01:22:43 AM
media.nbcmiami.com


cultureandcommunication.org


It's a Rolls Royce hood ornament, Farkers.

/Celebrate the decadence
 
2013-03-16 01:24:31 AM

Santroff: untaken_name: Right, because you need a whole science dedicated to looking out the window and observing the weather. Maybe if they didn't pull that "30% chance" BS they could be a real science. You can say there's a 30% chance of rain every single day for the rest of time and never be wrong. That is hardly science.

Exactly.. why pursue such a foolhardy concept when we have the Bible to tell us how to interpret the weather. I, for one, accept still hold on to my 100% certainty that droughts are caused by witchcraft.


Right, because "looking out the window" and "the Bible" are clearly the same thing. I'm not religious, asshole, I just hate bullshiat. If I say there's a 30% chance of rain, and it doesn't rain, I said there there was a 70% chance it wouldn't, so I'm right. If I say it and it does rain, I said there was a 30% chance it would, so I'm right again. Rinse, repeat, that's meteorology for you. Sorry if that's your job and you don't like being called out on your bullshiat, but that's no reason to insult me, especially with such a ludicrous charge.
 
2013-03-16 01:25:05 AM

OtherLittleGuy: [25.media.tumblr.com image 500x278]

Nothing... I saw nothing....


I could never figure out if he was lying, or if what he saw was so personal his rational mind refused to believe he saw it so he convinced himself he saw nothing, or if he told the truth.
 
2013-03-16 01:32:31 AM
photos3.meetupstatic.com

Mothman? Is that you?
 
2013-03-16 01:34:02 AM

thorthor: Seriously, do these f*cking Morions actually believe this shiat? Are they so demented by religion that they search every living/non-living inanimate object and try to equate a religious aspect to it?
I really want to understand. Is it stupidity? Is it programmed into them by religious instruction? Cant we institutionalize idiots like this, or do we wait for them to buy weapons and kill the "devils" in their minds. WTF is our world coming to?

/befuddled.



At least they aren't trying to kill people for questioning them, yet. So we have that going for us.
 
2013-03-16 01:36:01 AM
www.dexteraddict.com

images.wikia.com
 
2013-03-16 01:50:18 AM
Still here, subby?
 
2013-03-16 01:58:35 AM

NewWorldDan: Look, people, this is a big damn problem.  I took a lot of money from people who wanted their pets to be taken care of in case they were raptured and their pets weren't.  I'm a mostly honest man, but my HOA just won't allow that many pets.  Being an atheist, I never worried about this actually happening.


If your HOA is like mine, they'll have been raptured too. *POOF* problem solved!
 
2013-03-16 02:09:13 AM
its like none of these morons ever heard of air elementals. not enough schools of wizards.
 
2013-03-16 02:09:43 AM

untaken_name: I'm not religious, asshole, I just hate bullshiat. If I say there's a 30% chance of rain, and it doesn't rain, I said there there was a 70% chance it wouldn't, so I'm right. If I say it and it does rain, I said there was a 30% chance it would, so I'm right again. Rinse, repeat, that's meteorology for you.


You know how I know that you don't understand statistics?
 
2013-03-16 02:09:59 AM

J. Frank Parnell: Angels are described as being pretty bizarre in the bible, or looking just like regular people. The popular image of them is just from some paintings people did, so anyone who praises or worships this is probably going to hell. If you believe in that sort of thing.


Pretty much. I'm not a believer, but if someone spots a cloud formation resembling one of these guys, I hope they snap a photo.

i49.tinypic.com

/Gotta love Thrones...
 
2013-03-16 02:11:54 AM

Ishkur: untaken_name: I'm not religious, asshole, I just hate bullshiat. If I say there's a 30% chance of rain, and it doesn't rain, I said there there was a 70% chance it wouldn't, so I'm right. If I say it and it does rain, I said there was a 30% chance it would, so I'm right again. Rinse, repeat, that's meteorology for you.

You know how I know that you don't understand statistics?


I don't know how you know anything. You never show any evidence of it.
 
2013-03-16 02:13:08 AM
I see a vagina
 
2013-03-16 02:16:03 AM

untaken_name: I don't know how you know anything. You never show any evidence of it.


Okay, here: Read this.

It's why you don't understand statistics.
 
2013-03-16 02:18:31 AM
It looks like a giant uterus. There's one thing for sure. There is no stopping them.  The giant uteruses will soon be here. And I for one welcome our new female overlords, and I'd like to remind them that as a trusted tv personality i can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground estrogen caves.
 
2013-03-16 02:22:21 AM
As a Michigander who voted against the f--king BS "Defense of Marriage" act,... you go, Native Americans!
 
2013-03-16 02:22:46 AM

ZeroCorpse: FTFA: "Steve Massie said that seeing shapes and faces in non-human objects was simply something he called "pareidolia."

"He called", as if it was just his silly word and not the actual science behind the phenomenon.

Journalists are born idiots, and pretty much remain that way their entire lives. Pareidolia is not just what Steve Massie called it. It's what it IS, you dipshiats.


This
 
2013-03-16 02:37:25 AM

Ishkur: untaken_name: I don't know how you know anything. You never show any evidence of it.

Okay, here: Read this.

It's why you don't understand statistics.


You love making assumptions. Just like everything else you ever post, your assumptions are wrong.
 
2013-03-16 02:57:25 AM

untaken_name: You love making assumptions. Just like everything else you ever post, your assumptions are wrong.


In what way?
 
2013-03-16 03:05:41 AM

Smeggy Smurf: I see a vagina


You would, you whore.
 
2013-03-16 03:10:20 AM
s21.postimage.org
So long and thanks for all the fish.
 
2013-03-16 03:21:30 AM
I was out burning brush in the ditch one day and was messing around taking pictures of the fire.  I like to manipulate them and took them and inverted the colors to a negative and seriously I could see what looked like demon's faces coming up out of it.  It was way creepy.

This looks like a cloud.  It is pretty though.
 
2013-03-16 03:42:34 AM

Bigdogdaddy: I was out burning brush in the ditch one day and was messing around taking pictures of the fire.  I like to manipulate them and took them and inverted the colors to a negative and seriously I could see what looked like demon's faces coming up out of it.  It was way creepy.

This looks like a cloud.  It is pretty though.


 I hear that there's this crazy sumbiatch Steve Massie that'll call that pareidolia.
 
2013-03-16 03:45:45 AM

HighZoolander: Bigdogdaddy: I was out burning brush in the ditch one day and was messing around taking pictures of the fire.  I like to manipulate them and took them and inverted the colors to a negative and seriously I could see what looked like demon's faces coming up out of it.

 I hear that there's this crazy sumbiatch Steve Massie that'll call that pareidolia.


I dun care what no Steve Massie says. That's a fire demon if i ever heard of one.
 
2013-03-16 03:56:15 AM
 
2013-03-16 04:41:11 AM
i1207.photobucket.com
 
2013-03-16 05:05:30 AM

What_Would_Jimi_Do: "Did you ever notice how in the Bible, when ever God needed to punish someone, or make an example, or whenever God needed a killing, he sent an angel? Did you ever wonder what a creature like that must be like? A whole existence spent praising your God, but always with one wing dipped in blood. Would you ever really want to see an angel? "


"The ancient depictions of angels are more like traditional Eldritch Abominations than the fluffy cloud angels we see nowadays on Christmas decorations. The cherubim (yes, those cuties we all know today) have four faces - a lion on the right, an ox on the left, a human forward, and an eagle backward. They have four wings, with HANDS under the wings, their legs described as simply 'straight', and they have hooves. Also, the eyes. Everywhere. Even in the spaces between the eyes. Furthermore, 'Cherubim' means 'the living ones'. This means, in the eyes of the Hebrews, the most outstanding characteristic amongst the other orders of angels was that they are alive. Not so cute anymore, is it?  Contrast the Seraphim, basically cherubim with extra wings that are on fire, whose name means 'Fiery Ones', and the Ophanim that take this to the extreme, being wheels intersecting themselves while turning, also flying with six wings, somehow attached while they're turning, whose name means 'Wheels'. Remember, neither of these were understood to be alive by the Hebrews. Add to all this that God's guard for the Garden of Eden was a cherub armed with a flaming sword that turned in all directions.
Some interpretations of Seraphim hold that their divine fire radiates a light so ineffably potent that it will SEAR FROM EXISTENCE anything that approaches too close, including, presumably, lesser angels. That's still nothing compared to God Himself, for whom the Seraphim are the mundane equivalent of matches, basically shining as tokens of His glory.Seraphim are also described as dragon/serpent like (which led some experts to believe that they are loosely based on the goddess Wadjet from Egyptian Mythology, which is also a fiery snake). They consistently have six wings, and one of them is used to cover their feet. In spite of the fact that they are snake-like. Try figuring that one out. Note: 'feet' is often used in biblical Hebrew as a euphemism for the genitals.The Book of Revelation implies that there are angels so powerful and evil that God locked them up in a bottomless pit because He didn't want to bother with them. A bottomless pit; that means a pit with a definable end would not be enough to contain these monstrosities. And they're going to be let out one day, at The End of the World as We Know It.
Islam also holds the 'Eldritch Abomination' view of angels. The Prophet Muhammad was terrified when he saw Gabriel in his true form; God, through Gabriel, spends the first few verses of the Sura (chapter) Al-Muddathir calming him down.
This is why every time an angel appears to a mortal, the first thing it says is always 'be not afraid'."
 
2013-03-16 05:16:17 AM

I Ate Shergar: What_Would_Jimi_Do: "Did you ever notice how in the Bible, when ever God needed to punish someone, or make an example, or whenever God needed a killing, he sent an angel? Did you ever wonder what a creature like that must be like? A whole existence spent praising your God, but always with one wing dipped in blood. Would you ever really want to see an angel? "

"The ancient depictions of angels are more like traditional Eldritch Abominations than the fluffy cloud angels we see nowadays on Christmas decorations. The cherubim (yes, those cuties we all know today) have four faces - a lion on the right, an ox on the left, a human forward, and an eagle backward. They have four wings, with HANDS under the wings, their legs described as simply 'straight', and they have hooves. Also, the eyes. Everywhere. Even in the spaces between the eyes. Furthermore, 'Cherubim' means 'the living ones'. This means, in the eyes of the Hebrews, the most outstanding characteristic amongst the other orders of angels was that they are alive. Not so cute anymore, is it?  Contrast the Seraphim, basically cherubim with extra wings that are on fire, whose name means 'Fiery Ones', and the Ophanim that take this to the extreme, being wheels intersecting themselves while turning, also flying with six wings, somehow attached while they're turning, whose name means 'Wheels'. Remember, neither of these were understood to be alive by the Hebrews. Add to all this that God's guard for the Garden of Eden was a cherub armed with a flaming sword that turned in all directions.
Some interpretations of Seraphim hold that their divine fire radiates a light so ineffably potent that it will SEAR FROM EXISTENCE anything that approaches too close, including, presumably, lesser angels. That's still nothing compared to God Himself, for whom the Seraphim are the mundane equivalent of matches, basically shining as tokens of His glory.Seraphim are also described as dragon/serpent like (which led some experts to believe that they are loosely based on the goddess Wadjet from Egyptian Mythology, which is also a fiery snake). They consistently have six wings, and one of them is used to cover their feet. In spite of the fact that they are snake-like. Try figuring that one out. Note: 'feet' is often used in biblical Hebrew as a euphemism for the genitals.The Book of Revelation implies that there are angels so powerful and evil that God locked them up in a bottomless pit because He didn't want to bother with them. A bottomless pit; that means a pit with a definable end would not be enough to contain these monstrosities. And they're going to be let out one day, at The End of the World as We Know It.
Islam also holds the 'Eldritch Abomination' view of angels. The Prophet Muhammad was terrified when he saw Gabriel in his true form; God, through Gabriel, spends the first few verses of the Sura (chapter) Al-Muddathir calming him down.
This is why every time an angel appears to a mortal, the first thing it says is always 'be not afraid'."


If you ACTUALLY believe any of that shiat, other than in a comic book sense, you are an idiot. Plain and farking simple. Get a grip.
 
2013-03-16 05:25:05 AM

Fano:


The Devil smokes a blunt!
 
2013-03-16 06:02:53 AM
It's the angel......of death.

a1.ec-images.myspacecdn.com

/CSB - I went to college with Doug Jones, who played AOD (and Abe Sapien) in Hellboy/Hellboy 2.
 
2013-03-16 06:19:09 AM

thorthor: f you ACTUALLY believe any of that shiat, other than in a comic book sense, you are an idiot. Plain and farking simple. Get a grip.


I thought that was quite interesting.
 
2013-03-16 06:26:18 AM

thorthor: If you ACTUALLY believe any of that shiat, other than in a comic book sense, you are an idiot. Plain and farking simple. Get a grip.


Maybe you should get a grip before spouting more religious intolerance.
 
2013-03-16 07:21:00 AM
Is that the Dave Matthews fire dancer?
 
2013-03-16 07:49:56 AM

thorthor: If you ACTUALLY believe any of that shiat, other than in a comic book sense, you are an idiot. Plain and farking simple. Get a grip.


Did I actually say I did? I provided a link to the source, didn't I?
 
2013-03-16 08:10:09 AM
www.danceclassix.co.uk
 
2013-03-16 08:14:57 AM

thorthor: Seriously, do these f*cking Morions actually believe this shiat? Are they so demented by religion that they search every living/non-living inanimate object and try to equate a religious aspect to it?
I really want to understand. Is it stupidity? Is it programmed into them by religious instruction? Cant we institutionalize idiots like this, or do we wait for them to buy weapons and kill the "devils" in their minds. WTF is our world coming to?

/befuddled.


Yes.
 
2013-03-16 08:44:12 AM

vpb: So after about three days of these headlines, the one that doesn't even mention the similarity to sea monkeys get's greened?


Yes because it mentions religion in the hope of starting a flamewar thread. The only type of thread desired it seems these days.

Interesting and whimsical thread talking about sea monkeys? nah

People banging on AGAIN about burden of proof, belief etc? Of course.

And people wonder why fark isn`t as good as it used to be...
 
2013-03-16 08:46:28 AM

thorthor: If you ACTUALLY believe any of that shiat, other than in a comic book sense, you are an idiot. Plain and farking simple. Get a grip.


1/10 and only because you got some bites. It was plain the OP was talking objectively in an academic manner about what was written originally about angels, did not have a religious agenda.

Wait a bit for the real religious nuts to come in and try again.
 
2013-03-16 08:48:02 AM
Now this is an angel.
 
2013-03-16 09:40:17 AM
What's so amazing that keeps us stargazing? And what do we think we might see?
 
2013-03-16 10:48:40 AM

I Ate Shergar: What_Would_Jimi_Do: "Did you ever notice how in the Bible, when ever God needed to punish someone, or make an example, or whenever God needed a killing, he sent an angel? Did you ever wonder what a creature like that must be like? A whole existence spent praising your God, but always with one wing dipped in blood. Would you ever really want to see an angel? "

"The ancient depictions of angels are more like traditional Eldritch Abominations than the fluffy cloud angels we see nowadays on Christmas decorations. The cherubim (yes, those cuties we all know today) have four faces - a lion on the right, an ox on the left, a human forward, and an eagle backward. They have four wings, with HANDS under the wings, their legs described as simply 'straight', and they have hooves. Also, the eyes. Everywhere. Even in the spaces between the eyes. Furthermore, 'Cherubim' means 'the living ones'. This means, in the eyes of the Hebrews, the most outstanding characteristic amongst the other orders of angels was that they are alive. Not so cute anymore, is it?  Contrast the Seraphim, basically cherubim with extra wings that are on fire, whose name means 'Fiery Ones', and the Ophanim that take this to the extreme, being wheels intersecting themselves while turning, also flying with six wings, somehow attached while they're turning, whose name means 'Wheels'. Remember, neither of these were understood to be alive by the Hebrews. Add to all this that God's guard for the Garden of Eden was a cherub armed with a flaming sword that turned in all directions.
Some interpretations of Seraphim hold that their divine fire radiates a light so ineffably potent that it will SEAR FROM EXISTENCE anything that approaches too close, including, presumably, lesser angels. That's still nothing compared to God Himself, for whom the Seraphim are the mundane equivalent of matches, basically shining as tokens of His glory.Seraphim are also described as dragon/serpent like (which led some experts to believe th ...


bUT HE LOVES US.
 
2013-03-16 11:31:50 AM
Chumbawamba wrote a song about this 21 years ago.
 
2013-03-16 11:56:02 AM
It's Nike.

Jupiter, apparently, is pleased.
 
2013-03-16 01:12:35 PM
The Rapture already happened you idiots.
 
2013-03-16 06:36:39 PM

Day_Old_Dutchie: [s21.postimage.org image 634x439]
So long and thanks for all the fish.


That's a good one.
 
2013-03-16 07:18:43 PM

Ishkur: untaken_name: You love making assumptions. Just like everything else you ever post, your assumptions are wrong.

In what way?


In every way. Geez, can you not read, either?
 
2013-03-16 07:35:05 PM

untaken_name: In every way.


Such as?
 
2013-03-16 07:49:21 PM

dready zim: thorthor: If you ACTUALLY believe any of that shiat, other than in a comic book sense, you are an idiot. Plain and farking simple. Get a grip.

1/10 and only because you got some bites. It was plain the OP was talking objectively in an academic manner about what was written originally about angels, did not have a religious agenda.

Wait a bit for the real religious nuts to come in and try again.


And tell thorthor he's a stupid biatch for having a Swedish god name because lolreligion.
 
2013-03-17 02:23:26 AM

Gyrfalcon: Smeggy Smurf: I see a vagina

You would, you whore.


I love you too, whorebag
 
Displayed 159 of 159 comments

View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest


This thread is closed to new comments.

Continue Farking
Submit a Link »






Report