If you can read this, either the style sheet didn't load or you have an older browser that doesn't support style sheets. Try clearing your browser cache and refreshing the page.

(Off Island Gazette)   If it's brown, drink it down; if it's pink, it's fine to drink   (offislandgazette.com) divider line 7
    More: Weird, water purification  
•       •       •

8218 clicks; posted to Main » on 01 Mar 2013 at 9:01 PM (1 year ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»



Voting Results (Smartest)
View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest


Archived thread
2013-03-02 12:25:26 AM
2 votes:

newbrownbelt: goatleggedfellow: FTA
"The pinkish colour is not dangerous for the health."

Colors (or colouououours if you insist on being French) are never toxic. The compounds that cause the colors can be toxic. Pink doesn't destroy yellow. KMnO4 removes the Mn. They just added too much KMnO4, which turned the water pink. It takes very little KMnO4 to turn water pink.

Also, there is a level of KMnO4 that is toxic to humans. I don't give a shiat about gov't just telling me "it's safe" when they could throw down the numbers and prove it.

COLOUR if you insist on proper ENGLISH ! ... an urge to be pedantic


I prefer the efficiency of dropping unpronounced letters. I have a particular problem with the French language. I can't tell whether they're adding 5 extra letters to every word just to be fancy, or whether they just hate their own language so much that they refuse to pronounce more than half of any given word.
2013-03-01 11:38:32 PM
1 votes:
"The pinkish colour is not dangerous for the health"

Sounds similar to what another government said about agent orange.
2013-03-01 11:21:25 PM
1 votes:
ERMAHGERD PERMANGANATE

tulsafood.com
2013-03-01 09:42:26 PM
1 votes:

jaylectricity: So basically it's always good enough to drink?


Captures the headline fail perfectly.
2013-03-01 09:42:23 PM
1 votes:

BeSerious: Why do we use drinking water in our toilets?


You don't have to. Get a grey water system put in.
2013-03-01 09:39:58 PM
1 votes:
FTA
"The pinkish colour is not dangerous for the health."

Colors (or colouououours if you insist on being French) are never toxic. The compounds that cause the colors can be toxic. Pink doesn't destroy yellow. KMnO4 removes the Mn. They just added too much KMnO4, which turned the water pink. It takes very little KMnO4 to turn water pink.

Also, there is a level of KMnO4 that is toxic to humans. I don't give a shiat about gov't just telling me "it's safe" when they could throw down the numbers and prove it.
2013-03-01 08:56:45 PM
1 votes:
So basically it's always good enough to drink?

/good enough for me
 
Displayed 7 of 7 comments

View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest


This thread is archived, and closed to new comments.

Continue Farking
Submit a Link »






Report