Do you have adblock enabled?
If you can read this, either the style sheet didn't load or you have an older browser that doesn't support style sheets. Try clearing your browser cache and refreshing the page.

(The New York Times)   How would you describe a large inflatable device being inserted into a subway tunnel to block floodwaters? The NYT is going with "filling in a giant concrete and steel cannoli"   ( ) divider line
    More: Cool, NYT, West Virginia University, federal Department of Homeland Security, Chicago River, mass transit, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, concrete, metro  
•       •       •

3342 clicks; posted to Main » on 20 Nov 2012 at 10:55 AM (4 years ago)   |   Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

Voting Results (Smartest)
View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest

2012-11-20 11:03:11 AM  
1 vote:
Of course this completely misses the problem that there are thousands of other entry points for water to get into the subway than just at the tunnel opening.
Displayed 1 of 1 comments

View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest

This thread is archived, and closed to new comments.

Continue Farking
Submit a Link »
On Twitter

Top Commented
Javascript is required to view headlines in widget.

In Other Media
  1. Links are submitted by members of the Fark community.

  2. When community members submit a link, they also write a custom headline for the story.

  3. Other Farkers comment on the links. This is the number of comments. Click here to read them.

  4. Click here to submit a link.