If you can read this, either the style sheet didn't load or you have an older browser that doesn't support style sheets. Try clearing your browser cache and refreshing the page.

(Canada.com)   Opening salvos fired in the 2012 War On Christmas by the godless heathens at Shoppers Drug Mart   (o.canada.com) divider line 159
    More: Obvious, Shoppers Drug Mart, christmas, wars, Christmas music  
•       •       •

9403 clicks; posted to Main » on 03 Nov 2012 at 12:22 AM (1 year ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»



159 Comments   (+0 »)
   
View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest

Archived thread

First | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | » | Last | Show all
 
2012-11-03 12:24:13 AM
www.weavils.com
 
2012-11-03 12:24:37 AM
Good, it's too farking early.
 
2012-11-03 12:25:32 AM
Good for them. It's barely November. Wait until Advent starts, at least.
 
2012-11-03 12:25:35 AM
Final-farking-ly. No store should play Christmas music until December 1. None. Kudos to Shoppers for taking the criticism seriously.

/expecting Fark holiday site theme in 3.. 2..
 
2012-11-03 12:25:38 AM
No Chipmunks Christmas? How sad.
 
2012-11-03 12:25:43 AM
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com
 
2012-11-03 12:26:01 AM
Good gods, are we still doing this?

It's like the "War on Drugs" or the "War on Poverty" except that this particular 'war' was the result of a bunch of AWs trying to claim 'persecution' and find another reason for loud butthurt.
 
2012-11-03 12:29:40 AM

syzygy whizz: Good gods, are we still doing this?

It's like the "War on Drugs" or the "War on Poverty" except that this particular 'war' was the result of a bunch of AWs trying to claim 'persecution' and find another reason for loud butthurt.


How about you read the farking article.
 
2012-11-03 12:29:45 AM
Seeing as Xmas music is an abomination, that's a store I'd definitely shop at. If they care enough to listen to people complain about the music, they must take other comments and criticism to heart, right?
 
2012-11-03 12:30:10 AM

Amper: [suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com image 379x214]


Why would you even need a moment to think about it? This is straight up good news!
 
2012-11-03 12:30:56 AM

MayContainHorseGluten: Final-farking-ly. No store should play Christmas music until December 1. None. Kudos to Shoppers for taking the criticism seriously.

/expecting Fark holiday site theme in 3.. 2..


I become ok with Xmas music on black friday; imo it's the first day of the "holiday season".
 
2012-11-03 12:31:12 AM

MayContainHorseGluten: Final-farking-ly. No store should play Christmas music until December 1. None. Kudos to Shoppers for taking the criticism seriously.

/expecting Fark holiday site theme in 3.. 2..


I always figured Thanksgiving was the line not to cross.
 
2012-11-03 12:32:44 AM
"Heathen, n. A benighted creature who has the folly to worship something that he can see and feel."
― Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary
 
2012-11-03 12:33:05 AM
I heard White Christmas playing in a Walmart two weeks ago. This shiat has to stop.

If you insist on continuing a Catholic tradition of commenmorating Mithra's birthday at the end of the Festival of Saturnalia could you please at least keep it confined to the month of farkING DECEMBER!?!?!?!?
 
2012-11-03 12:33:58 AM
Oh look. 85% of the population is claiming to be oppressed because the other 15 percent doesn't bow down and worship at the feet of their co-opted pagan holiday which has nothing to do with Jesus in the least.
 
2012-11-03 12:36:15 AM
September: Last days of Summer, sell Beer and food!
October: Hollow Weeny, sell costumes and Candy and Blood and Gore.
November: Thanks for Giving, sell turkey and food and booze and pumpkins.
December: Sell your Christmas shiat.

fark that, sell me christmas right after Halloween SHIAT!

Greedy FUKS!
 
2012-11-03 12:36:20 AM
There are maybe 40 songs strictly associated with Christmas, and they want to play them back-to-back for 60 days? Actually, I'm pretty sure there's more, but in reality it starts to feel like a short farking list once it starts.

Maybe we can add "Snowblind" this year.
 
2012-11-03 12:36:52 AM
I was in the local Kroger about 2 in the afternoon on Halloween and already they had a platoon of stockers out yanking the spooky old haunted candy to make way for Christmas stuffs.

Tell you what, how 'bout we just cut to the chase and start with the Yuletide Schtick on 26 DEC?

/fark all y'all
 
2012-11-03 12:37:09 AM
That stock photo is no less than 30 years old.
 
2012-11-03 12:38:45 AM
December 1 is the earliest that you should even see decorations in the stores. Have mercy on us, I love Christmas, don't make it a 6 month event.
 
2012-11-03 12:39:15 AM
I was wondering why the picture to come with this late breaking news, judging by the car and clothes, was taken 40 years ago in the early 70s. Did the Canadians perfect some sort of time travel technology paid for by pharmaceutical intellectual property thievery which started around the same time.
 
2012-11-03 12:39:32 AM

RoadRage78: Good, it's too farking early.


Anyone who does anything Christmasy before December should be beaten mercilessly with mistletoe.  ANYTHING.
 
2012-11-03 12:41:13 AM
december 24th is too early for christmas music. that's cause christmas music is almost universally terrible. unless they are playing "christmas at ground zero" or "the night santa went crazy".
 
2012-11-03 12:42:42 AM

grinding_journalist: MayContainHorseGluten: Final-farking-ly. No store should play Christmas music until December 1. None. Kudos to Shoppers for taking the criticism seriously.

/expecting Fark holiday site theme in 3.. 2..

I become ok with Xmas music on black friday; imo it's the first day of the "holiday season".


Irrelevant in Canada, where they don't celebrate Thanksgiving in November.

Here in the US, I'm okay with it starting on Black Friday too, though December 1 would be better.
 
2012-11-03 12:43:57 AM
When I was at Target the first week of October to pick up some Halloween decorations, I was stunned to see that they'd started putting out the Christmas lights (snowflakes, candy canes, red/white/green light strands) alongside the Halloween lights (bats, skeletons, orange/purple/green light strands). Like, you walk to the back of the Halloween aisles, and it's all Christmas stuff. In early October. In heathen godless 90-degrees-in-October Los Angeles.

I got a good deal on a bunch of Christmas lights for my palm trees. We'll probably put them up next weekend, because really, light strands look awesome on palm trees.
 
2012-11-03 12:45:23 AM

OscarTamerz: I was wondering why the picture to come with this late breaking news, judging by the car and clothes, was taken 40 years ago in the early 70s. Did the Canadians perfect some sort of time travel technology paid for by pharmaceutical intellectual property thievery which started around the same time.


Holy shiat, they have phones in booths!
 
2012-11-03 12:46:07 AM

Linkster: September: Last days of Summer, sell Beer and food!
October: Hollow Weeny, sell costumes and Candy and Blood and Gore.
November: Thanks for Giving, sell turkey and food and booze and pumpkins.
December: Sell your Christmas shiat.

fark that, sell me christmas right after Halloween SHIAT!

Greedy FUKS!


Saw Christmas stuff up in August. Didn't even wait for Labor Day to start it.

In a few years, they'll have holiday decorations right by the Fourth of July fireworks.

And while we're on it, what is with selling the little lights colored for every bloody holiday?! Orange lights for Halloween, swore I saw red ones for Valentine's Day. Really, people feel the need to decorate black trees for Halloween with ornaments and lights?
 
2012-11-03 12:46:33 AM
That's because there are no Thanksgiving songs to play between Halloween and Christmas.
 
2012-11-03 12:47:14 AM

BronyMedic: Oh look. 85% of the population is claiming to be oppressed because the other 15 percent doesn't bow down and worship at the feet of their co-opted pagan holiday which has nothing to do with Jesus in the least.


I said it last year, but let me dust it off:

What we lump together as "Christmas" should be TWO holidays:

1) Christmas, a purely Christian holiday celebrating the birth of Jesus
2) Yule, a secular holiday with Santa Claus and decorated trees and presents

Ideally, they should be weeks or even months apart. Based on the Biblical account, the birth of Jesus didn't happen in winter anyway.

Then we can all enjoy Yule however we want, Christians can do whatever they* want for Christmas, and nobody has to argue about "the TRUE meaning of Christmas" or claim that secular society has "a war on" any holiday.

*Well, "we" again, technically, but that's confusing.
 
2012-11-03 12:47:53 AM

syzygy whizz: Good gods, are we still doing this?

It's like the "War on Drugs" or the "War on Poverty" except that this particular 'war' was the result of a bunch of AWs trying to claim 'persecution' and find another reason for loud butthurt.


There is allways another reason for loud butthurt.
 
2012-11-03 12:49:26 AM
I actually love Xmas music because it brings back happy childhood memories but they can save the rest of the Xmas bullshiat as far as I'm concerned.

/godless heathen atheist
//celebrate the winter solstice instead
 
2012-11-03 12:51:37 AM
rlv.zcache.com

The handle is on the right.
 
2012-11-03 12:51:59 AM
The moon is right
The spirit's up
We're here tonight
And that's enough

Simply having a wonderful Christmas time
Simply having a wonderful Christmas time

The party's on
The feelin's here
That only comes
This time of year

Simply having a wonderful Christmas time
Simply having a wonderful Christmas time

The choir of children sing their song
Ding dong, ding dong
Ding dong, ding, oh, oh

Simply having a wonderful Christmas time
Simply having a wonderful Christmas time

The word is out
About the town
To lift a glass
Ah, don't look down
Simply having a wonderful Christmas time
Simply having a wonderful Christmas time

The choir of children sing their song
They practiced all year long

Ding dong, ding dong
Ding dong, ding dong
Ding dong, ding dong

The party's on
The spirit's up
We're here tonight
And that's enough

Simply having a wonderful Christmas time
Simply having a wonderful Christmas time

The moon is right
The spirit's up
We're here tonight
And that's enough

Simply having a wonderful Christmas time
Simply having a wonderful Christmas time
Simply having a wonderful Christmas time
Simply having a wonderful Christmas time

Oh, Christmas time

/now it's stuck in your head
 
2012-11-03 12:52:09 AM

ciberido: BronyMedic: Oh look. 85% of the population is claiming to be oppressed because the other 15 percent doesn't bow down and worship at the feet of their co-opted pagan holiday which has nothing to do with Jesus in the least.

I said it last year, but let me dust it off:

What we lump together as "Christmas" should be TWO holidays:

1) Christmas, a purely Christian holiday celebrating the birth of Jesus
2) Yule, a secular holiday with Santa Claus and decorated trees and presents

Ideally, they should be weeks or even months apart. Based on the Biblical account, the birth of Jesus didn't happen in winter anyway.

Then we can all enjoy Yule however we want, Christians can do whatever they* want for Christmas, and nobody has to argue about "the TRUE meaning of Christmas" or claim that secular society has "a war on" any holiday.

*Well, "we" again, technically, but that's confusing.


This is a war. There will be no compromise.
 
2012-11-03 12:53:18 AM
t3.gstatic.com
 
2012-11-03 12:54:26 AM
3 weeks ago K-mart had the farking fake trees out.
 
2012-11-03 12:55:50 AM

syzygy whizz: Good gods, are we still doing this?

It's like the "War on Drugs" or the "War on Poverty" except that this particular 'war' was the result of a bunch of AWs trying to claim 'persecution' and find another reason for loud butthurt.


Kinda like a bunch of folks with nothing better to complain about claiming persecution for ambiatic music at a drug store.

/Christmas in November annoys me, and I am glad they did this, but so does your logic, and I will be glad when you stop hating people who believe differently than yourself..
 
2012-11-03 12:56:21 AM

ciberido: BronyMedic: Oh look. 85% of the population is claiming to be oppressed because the other 15 percent doesn't bow down and worship at the feet of their co-opted pagan holiday which has nothing to do with Jesus in the least.

I said it last year, but let me dust it off:

What we lump together as "Christmas" should be TWO holidays:

1) Christmas, a purely Christian holiday celebrating the birth of Jesus
2) Yule, a secular holiday with Santa Claus and decorated trees and presents

Ideally, they should be weeks or even months apart. Based on the Biblical account, the birth of Jesus didn't happen in winter anyway.

Then we can all enjoy Yule however we want, Christians can do whatever they* want for Christmas, and nobody has to argue about "the TRUE meaning of Christmas" or claim that secular society has "a war on" any holiday.

*Well, "we" again, technically, but that's confusing.


You know sometimes I think you're way too reasonable to be posting on fark ;-)
 
2012-11-03 12:56:36 AM

BronyMedic: Oh look. 85% of the population is claiming to be oppressed because the other 15 percent doesn't bow down and worship at the feet of their co-opted pagan holiday which has nothing to do with Jesus in the least.


where in this article did this happen, exactly?
 
2012-11-03 12:57:12 AM
Here's the Deal, every time you see stores setting up or Have set christmas shiat before Dec., knock that tree down, load up a cart full and take it over to Electronics or where ever the 'office' entrance is and shove it thru the door.

Do it enough and this shiat will stop!
 
2012-11-03 12:57:32 AM

MayContainHorseGluten: Final-farking-ly. No store should play Christmas music until December 1. None. Kudos to Shoppers for taking the criticism seriously.

/expecting Fark holiday site theme in 3.. 2..


No, there shouldn't really be any christmas music until the 24th.
 
2012-11-03 12:59:36 AM

enderthexenocide: december 24th is too early for christmas music. that's cause christmas music is almost universally terrible. unless they are playing "christmas at ground zero" or "the night santa went crazy".


Or "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer"
 
2012-11-03 01:00:49 AM
222s make jesus cry
 
2012-11-03 01:01:39 AM

Rustblade: That stock photo is no less than 30 years old.


Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu

www.tarstarkas.net
 
2012-11-03 01:02:08 AM

kevinatilusa: MayContainHorseGluten: Final-farking-ly. No store should play Christmas music until December 1. None. Kudos to Shoppers for taking the criticism seriously.

/expecting Fark holiday site theme in 3.. 2..

I always figured Thanksgiving was the line not to cross.


Shoppers is in Canada. Thanksgiving in Canada was early October.
 
2012-11-03 01:02:34 AM
lh6.googleusercontent.com
 
2012-11-03 01:02:36 AM

invictus2: The moon is right
The spirit's up
We're here tonight
And that's enough

Simply having a wonderful Christmas time
Simply having a wonderful Christmas time

The party's on
The feelin's here
That only comes
This time of year

Simply having a wonderful Christmas time
Simply having a wonderful Christmas time

The choir of children sing their song
Ding dong, ding dong
Ding dong, ding, oh, oh

Simply having a wonderful Christmas time
Simply having a wonderful Christmas time

The word is out
About the town
To lift a glass
Ah, don't look down
Simply having a wonderful Christmas time
Simply having a wonderful Christmas time

The choir of children sing their song
They practiced all year long

Ding dong, ding dong
Ding dong, ding dong
Ding dong, ding dong

The party's on
The spirit's up
We're here tonight
And that's enough

Simply having a wonderful Christmas time
Simply having a wonderful Christmas time

The moon is right
The spirit's up
We're here tonight
And that's enough

Simply having a wonderful Christmas time
Simply having a wonderful Christmas time
Simply having a wonderful Christmas time
Simply having a wonderful Christmas time

Oh, Christmas time
/now it's stuck in your head


Love that perfectly acceptable song.
 
2012-11-03 01:05:09 AM
In other news, how old is the photo in TFA? Or is Canada now in the 70s?
 
2012-11-03 01:06:19 AM
The photo is fantastic. How did it even get attached to this artlce? Did canada.com digitize some old film archives and someone went searching for "Shoppers Drug Mart" and went with the first hit while ignoring "1982" in the file name?
 
2012-11-03 01:08:20 AM

MayContainHorseGluten: In other news, how old is the photo in TFA? Or is Canada now in the 70s?


Whoa let's get to the moon first, then we'll worry about the 70s.
 
Displayed 50 of 159 comments

First | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | » | Last | Show all

View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest


This thread is closed to new comments.

Continue Farking
Submit a Link »






Report