If you can read this, either the style sheet didn't load or you have an older browser that doesn't support style sheets. Try clearing your browser cache and refreshing the page.

(Yahoo)   Todd "Legitimate Rape" Akin getting clobbered by Claire McCaskill in Missouri senate race. Just kidding. Race is now being called a "statistical dead heat." WTFark?   (news.yahoo.com) divider line 28
    More: Stupid, Claire McCaskill, Todd Akin, Mason & Dixon, human beings, French Police, lead in, T.C., St. Louis Post-Dispatch  
•       •       •

1506 clicks; posted to Politics » on 28 Oct 2012 at 1:48 PM (1 year ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»



Voting Results (Smartest)
View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest


Archived thread
2012-10-28 01:57:26 PM
3 votes:
"but the economy is what matters right now"

Note the "right now"

There is no look-ahead. Americans are finite state machines - unable to predict what's ahead, they charge forward, ever so blindly, ever asking "what's in it for me?"

It explains the tea party , the economy (SPQR - Small profit, quick return) and the American mentality. Americans cannot plan ahead anymore.

So, no. I'm not surprised Akin is in a "statistical dead heat".
2012-10-28 02:37:53 PM
2 votes:

Fricknmaniac: I hate my state.


Meh. D.C. put Marion Berry back in the mayor's office after that biatch set him up. Voter stupidity is pretty universal.
2012-10-28 02:30:39 PM
2 votes:
Here's a question that I don't understand since I know people here frequently complain about the comments section there.

At what point did Yahoo! News basically become Free Republic Jr.?
2012-10-28 02:23:39 PM
2 votes:
Difficulty: Missouri
2012-10-28 02:02:53 PM
2 votes:
How can anything that happens in the meth capital of the country be surprising?
2012-10-28 10:55:56 PM
1 votes:
The American people are just sick of liberals, period.
2012-10-28 07:24:30 PM
1 votes:
but here's the real skinny, everyone is lying to the pollsters. They're still going to go and vote for Akin because he's a republican, they're just not going to tell you that when you call to ask. Todd Akin, human filth, will be a U.S. Senator.
2012-10-28 04:16:54 PM
1 votes:
i449.photobucket.com
2012-10-28 03:31:50 PM
1 votes:
McCaskill has several things working against her:

1. She was an early and vocal supporter of Obama in 2008. For a while she was his primary female surrogate on TV. That makes her toxic to a huge chunk of the Missouruh voters no matter what she or Akin does.
2. Around 2010 she decided to adopt the Blue Dog strategy and start distancing herself from Obama. This pissed off a big chunk of Missouri voters. Not enough to vote against her...but maybe keep them unenthused and home on Election Day. That strategy basically wiped out the Blue Dogs in the Senate that were up for election in 2010.

Those two things alone made her reelection chances just about zero. Her seat was considered to be the very most likely GOP pickup in 2012. So much so that her campaign all but advertised for Akin in the GOP primary knowing his idiocy was her one shot at possibly winning...their hope being his uber-extreme views would end up farking him. And sure enough, he barfs out the legitimate rape comment mere days after winning the Primary.

So really what we're seeing in these polls probably isn't as much support for Rape Akin, but a lack of it for McCaskill. You take the above factors and add to it the fact Missouri has been trending more and more Red over the years and these numbers don't surprise me at all. Unless you live here and have travelled the state it's hard to appreciate just how farking backwards so much of it is. You can drive 35-45 minutes from either KC or St. Louis and feel like you've ended up on the set of Deliverance. You drive a few minutes out of the state capital in any direction and it's much the same. Aside from the accents, there's no difference between the bootheel area of Missouri and the most ass-backwards parts of Mississippi. We're talking people that not only have no problem with Akin's comments...they probably believe them to be true.
2012-10-28 03:29:13 PM
1 votes:
i1125.photobucket.com
 

/Raperaperaperaperape.
2012-10-28 03:06:34 PM
1 votes:

balloot: For the billionth time. A poll of 45-43 is not a "statistical dead heat". It means that one candidate is probably leading, but the result is within a 95% confidence interval.

So if the result of a poll was such that one candidate has a 90% chance of winning and the other has a 10% chance of winning, that is within the MOE and is therefore a "statistical dead heat" according to the way many news agencies report these things. See the issue there?


No, it means there's a 95% chance that the race is somewhere between 49%-39% McCaskill and 47%-41% Akin.

The probability distribution is skewed somewhat towards McCaskill, but from this one poll you can't say she's "probably" leading.

This is why it's useful to average multiple polls together.
2012-10-28 02:49:32 PM
1 votes:

derpy: WTFark?

49% of the population wants to preserve the right to rape.

Rape. On demand. Without apology. Vote Republican.


Put them all on Welfare, that will assure their vote.
2012-10-28 02:45:23 PM
1 votes:
WTFark?

49% of the population wants to preserve the right to rape.

Rape. On demand. Without apology. Vote Republican.
2012-10-28 02:23:51 PM
1 votes:
It's all about rooting for your team. Someone could produce video of Mitt raping babies and he'd lose just a few thousand votes.
2012-10-28 02:20:36 PM
1 votes:

jaytkay: Really? The state of Michele Bachmann and Branson is full of knuckle draggers?

Well knock me over with a feather!


Bachmann's not from Missouri.
2012-10-28 02:08:24 PM
1 votes:

DamnYankees: Girl From The North Country: Uncle Eazy: I did a targeted GOTV for Claire yesterday. I had one person say the were voting for Claire but not Obama because he's going to ruin the country. Several we're still undecided. And a grandmother who almost spat at me at the mention of Claire. And these are people on a list of known democrats.

I haz a sad.

Really? Silver has this as an 88% chance McCaskill win. Doesn't seem very toss-ups.

The fact that the Dems are gonna hold the Senate is just a hilarious fail by the GOP.


The fact that Democrats could GAIN in the Senate is so unfarkingbelievable, it would temper my disappointment that Democrats aren't likely to take the House.
2012-10-28 02:01:57 PM
1 votes:
Missouri is not known for quality biological education.
2012-10-28 02:01:56 PM
1 votes:
Shiat like this makes me happy that I haven't bothered to actually divorce my Canadian husband. This country is just too stupid. That is America's exceptional-ism, we are exceptionally stupid.
2012-10-28 02:01:46 PM
1 votes:
For the billionth time. A poll of 45-43 is not a "statistical dead heat". It means that one candidate is probably leading, but the result is within a 95% confidence interval.

So if the result of a poll was such that one candidate has a 90% chance of winning and the other has a 10% chance of winning, that is within the MOE and is therefore a "statistical dead heat" according to the way many news agencies report these things. See the issue there?
2012-10-28 01:59:32 PM
1 votes:

NeverDrunk23: vpb: This country is farked. Even though I don't think they are going to win, It is disturbing that there are so many deranged freaks out there.

You know how that 25% number was always around during Bush's term? Its never going away. No matter how god damn stupid/harmful/horrible/self destructive something is, 25% of the country will always support it.


After this last year and a half I'm convinced that number is much closer to 50%. I'd love if only 25% were that stupid.
2012-10-28 01:58:22 PM
1 votes:
So is the presidential race. Reporting it being close doesn't make it true.
2012-10-28 01:56:19 PM
1 votes:

vpb: This country is farked. Even though I don't think they are going to win, It is disturbing that there are so many deranged freaks out there.


media-cache0.pinterest.com
Same as it ever was...
2012-10-28 01:56:10 PM
1 votes:

vpb: This country is farked. Even though I don't think they are going to win, It is disturbing that there are so many deranged freaks out there.


Think of how dumb the average person is.

Half of them are dumber then that.
2012-10-28 01:52:12 PM
1 votes:

redmond24: I thought headlines had to be funny or creative to get greened.


I have no idea how you could have reached that conclusion.
2012-10-28 01:51:34 PM
1 votes:

vpb: This country is farked. Even though I don't think they are going to win, It is disturbing that there are so many deranged freaks out there.


You know how that 25% number was always around during Bush's term? Its never going away. No matter how god damn stupid/harmful/horrible/self destructive something is, 25% of the country will always support it.
vpb [TotalFark]
2012-10-28 01:41:43 PM
1 votes:
This country is farked. Even though I don't think they are going to win, It is disturbing that there are so many deranged freaks out there.
2012-10-28 01:02:14 PM
1 votes:

DamnYankees: Girl From The North Country: Uncle Eazy: I did a targeted GOTV for Claire yesterday. I had one person say the were voting for Claire but not Obama because he's going to ruin the country. Several we're still undecided. And a grandmother who almost spat at me at the mention of Claire. And these are people on a list of known democrats.

I haz a sad.

Really? Silver has this as an 88% chance McCaskill win. Doesn't seem very toss-ups.

The fact that the Dems are gonna hold the Senate is just a hilarious fail by the GOP.


There is that. A year ago I was absolutely certain the Senate was lost.
2012-10-28 12:18:32 PM
1 votes:
I did a targeted GOTV for Claire yesterday. I had one person say the were voting for Claire but not Obama because he's going to ruin the country. Several we're still undecided. And a grandmother who almost spat at me at the mention of Claire. And these are people on a list of known democrats.

I haz a sad.
 
Displayed 28 of 28 comments

View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest


This thread is archived, and closed to new comments.

Continue Farking
Submit a Link »






Report