If you can read this, either the style sheet didn't load or you have an older browser that doesn't support style sheets. Try clearing your browser cache and refreshing the page.

(Mother Jones)   What five Occupy Wall Street protesters are doing now - one year later after the occupation   (motherjones.com) divider line 23
    More: Interesting, Occupy Wall Street, Zuccotti Park, Lord of the Flies, Zuccotti, employees, Henry David Thoreau, Mall of America, industrial agriculture  
•       •       •

13281 clicks; posted to Main » on 18 Sep 2012 at 2:40 PM (2 years ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»



Voting Results (Funniest)
View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest


Archived thread
2012-09-18 02:51:43 PM  
4 votes:
They are all in line for the new iPhone?

/didn't RTFA
2012-09-18 02:43:21 PM  
3 votes:
I did not RTFA, but let me guess...

uppermidwestgourmet.com
2012-09-18 03:55:44 PM  
2 votes:

MattyFridays: More fun quotes from the article:

"I hate New York..." "It's becoming a cop state..." "Where else are we gonna go?"

Uh, I don't know, maybe someplace where the cost of living isn't stratospheric and construction jobs are plentiful like North Carolina?


You can't do that. In Brooklyn, you can be a funemployed kidult with a kickstarter plan for selling artisanal pickles from the back of your recumbent penny farthing. Try that in North Carolina, and you'll just be taken for a bum.
2012-09-18 05:42:58 PM  
1 votes:
FTA- "We have to learn how to redefine winning,"

Say what? Everyone kid gets a trophy now even if they suck. Sounds like it has already been redefined.

Disposable income for coke and porn stars is winning redefined.
i1138.photobucket.com
2012-09-18 05:05:43 PM  
1 votes:

halfof33: Kangaroo_Ralph: Those 5 represented some of the 1% of the good OWS protestors. The remaining 99% were the junkies, rapists, and thieves.

Uh, at least one of those Occumopes was a junkie, and two were lawyers, although it didn't say anything about rapists, so two out of three?


youjivinmeturkey.files.wordpress.com

Approves
2012-09-18 04:24:46 PM  
1 votes:
Those 5 represented some of the 1% of the good OWS protestors. The remaining 99% were the junkies, rapists, and thieves.
2012-09-18 04:17:50 PM  
1 votes:

Ishkur: Militarily: I'm not actually advocating this option, just pointing out that it's available and has been known to be quite successful in the past. If the other two options are not feasible and there is no further recourse and they have nothing to lose, then OWS should have organized into an army and physically (and violently) stormed the seats of power and ruthlessly tossed out the ones who have broken the nation. This is very much the desperation option, when there is no hope to avoid eternal serfdom. Ironically, while they live in a country where firearms are freely obtainable and they had the numbers, OWS failed to take the crucial step from protest to populist uprising.


Put down the bong and back away slowly. Go out and get some fresh air. You'll feel better.
2012-09-18 04:08:14 PM  
1 votes:

Xcott: MattyFridays: More fun quotes from the article:

"I hate New York..." "It's becoming a cop state..." "Where else are we gonna go?"

Uh, I don't know, maybe someplace where the cost of living isn't stratospheric and construction jobs are plentiful like North Carolina?

You can't do that. In Brooklyn, you can be a funemployed kidult with a kickstarter plan for selling artisanal pickles from the back of your recumbent penny farthing. Try that in North Carolina, and you'll just be taken for a bum.


Or a Yankee. 


/it's a joke, people
2012-09-18 03:41:20 PM  
1 votes:

Slappywag: It's called "telling the truth"


Only Communists tell the truth.
2012-09-18 03:20:08 PM  
1 votes:
an effort to sleep on the sidewalk

Watching Zeta navigate New York City over the next few weeks brought to mind Henry David Thoreau in the Mall of America

the happy couple crashed at Mischa's mom's house while Emery looked for work


Bums of NYC, Where Are They Now?

'Hey, this one is living under this bridge!'
2012-09-18 03:12:38 PM  
1 votes:
WTFDYW
In a ten-year period, three of the five houses were burned to the ground by one accident or another.

Was it foxfire?
2012-09-18 03:01:46 PM  
1 votes:
Man, I wish I could find what forum I was posting on blasting the OWS marriage, because I *SO FREAKING CALLED* that marriage was doomed. I want to gloat.
2012-09-18 03:00:21 PM  
1 votes:

skullkrusher: I thought Mother Jones was a progressive paper? Why is it trying to make occupiers look like exactly the opposite of righteous, everyman fed up with corporatism?.


It's called "telling the truth"
2012-09-18 02:54:54 PM  
1 votes:

ModernLuddite: This is why America has no left: the "movement" is composed of individualists who can't abandon their own extreme myopia in favor of building this utopia.


Like the farmer who criticizes cities. No one is going to get on board with abandoning cities. Ever. That's not even a discussion.


Yeah, it was especially ironic considering the anti-city guy moved to New York and then to San Francisco.
2012-09-18 02:52:19 PM  
1 votes:
This is why America has no left: the "movement" is composed of individualists who can't abandon their own extreme myopia in favor of building this utopia.


Like the farmer who criticizes cities. No one is going to get on board with abandoning cities. Ever. That's not even a discussion.
2012-09-18 02:48:48 PM  
1 votes:
"thought I was more Arab than American-but that's not the case." (I could not reach Mischa for comment).

Mischa was cutting class.
2012-09-18 02:48:09 PM  
1 votes:
99% of the OWS is probably still asleep right this moment.
2012-09-18 02:47:36 PM  
1 votes:

Abe Vigoda's Ghost: I did not RTFA, but let me guess...

[uppermidwestgourmet.com image 309x526]


A guy happy at work would be a victory for OWS, right?
2012-09-18 02:46:10 PM  
1 votes:
I thought Mother Jones was a progressive paper? Why is it trying to make occupiers look like exactly the opposite of righteous, everyman fed up with corporatism?

"I felt like I was making too much money"... wow, dude.
2012-09-18 01:34:18 PM  
1 votes:
So wait, the 3rd guy married a 12 year old?
2012-09-18 01:28:01 PM  
1 votes:
laterafter? Is that like lederhosen?
2012-09-18 01:13:33 PM  
1 votes:
In that article, I learned everything I need to know about why OWS failed.
2012-09-18 01:08:31 PM  
1 votes:
They all found jobs working for the corporations they railed against? I'd RTFA but I actually don't care.

/And hey, I was a booster
 
Displayed 23 of 23 comments

View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest


This thread is archived, and closed to new comments.

Continue Farking
Submit a Link »
On Twitter





In Other Media


  1. Links are submitted by members of the Fark community.

  2. When community members submit a link, they also write a custom headline for the story.

  3. Other Farkers comment on the links. This is the number of comments. Click here to read them.

  4. Click here to submit a link.

Report