MattyFridays: More fun quotes from the article:"I hate New York..." "It's becoming a cop state..." "Where else are we gonna go?"Uh, I don't know, maybe someplace where the cost of living isn't stratospheric and construction jobs are plentiful like North Carolina?
halfof33: Kangaroo_Ralph: Those 5 represented some of the 1% of the good OWS protestors. The remaining 99% were the junkies, rapists, and thieves.Uh, at least one of those Occumopes was a junkie, and two were lawyers, although it didn't say anything about rapists, so two out of three?
Ishkur: Militarily: I'm not actually advocating this option, just pointing out that it's available and has been known to be quite successful in the past. If the other two options are not feasible and there is no further recourse and they have nothing to lose, then OWS should have organized into an army and physically (and violently) stormed the seats of power and ruthlessly tossed out the ones who have broken the nation. This is very much the desperation option, when there is no hope to avoid eternal serfdom. Ironically, while they live in a country where firearms are freely obtainable and they had the numbers, OWS failed to take the crucial step from protest to populist uprising.
Xcott: MattyFridays: More fun quotes from the article:"I hate New York..." "It's becoming a cop state..." "Where else are we gonna go?"Uh, I don't know, maybe someplace where the cost of living isn't stratospheric and construction jobs are plentiful like North Carolina?You can't do that. In Brooklyn, you can be a funemployed kidult with a kickstarter plan for selling artisanal pickles from the back of your recumbent penny farthing. Try that in North Carolina, and you'll just be taken for a bum.
Slappywag: It's called "telling the truth"
skullkrusher: I thought Mother Jones was a progressive paper? Why is it trying to make occupiers look like exactly the opposite of righteous, everyman fed up with corporatism?.
ModernLuddite: This is why America has no left: the "movement" is composed of individualists who can't abandon their own extreme myopia in favor of building this utopia.Like the farmer who criticizes cities. No one is going to get on board with abandoning cities. Ever. That's not even a discussion.
Abe Vigoda's Ghost: I did not RTFA, but let me guess...[uppermidwestgourmet.com image 309x526]
If you like these links, you'll love
Come check out what's behind the curtain.
Sign up for the Fark NotNewsletter!
Links are submitted by members of the Fark community.
When community members submit a link, they also write a custom headline for the story.
Other Farkers comment on the links. This is the number of comments. Click here to read them.
You need to create an account to submit links or post comments.
Click here to submit a link.
Also on Fark
Submit a Link »
Copyright © 1999 - 2017 Fark, Inc | Last updated: Dec 13 2017 12:10:59
Runtime: 0.347 sec (347 ms)