If you can read this, either the style sheet didn't load or you have an older browser that doesn't support style sheets. Try clearing your browser cache and refreshing the page.
Miami Dolphins test out their Ochoreleaso spell, Whitney Houston's acting testing positive with critics, and a massive solar eruption measured in Peter North Units: some of Fark's favorite Headlines of the Week for 8/12 - 8/18 
Posted by Unfreakable at 2012-08-21 1:41:44 PM (1 comment) | Permalink

•       •       •

1773 clicks; posted to Main » on 21 Aug 2012 at 1:42 PM (2 years ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»



If you're a fan of the Headline of the Year contest, I could use a few volunteers for a special project to sort through a bunch of headlines from 2001-2005. If you're interested and want to help, drop me an email.

Headlines Of The Week for Sun 2012-08-12 to Sat 2012-08-18:

img.fark.net  Chinese Mitten Crabs? In Mianus? It's more likely than you think    img.fark.net

img.fark.net  Appalachian trail still evolving, Appalachians not so much    img.fark.net

img.fark.net  Arraigned on your wedding day    img.fark.net

img.fark.net  Syrian jet crashes due to "technical problems." It was not immediately clear what caliber the technical problems were    img.fark.net

img.fark.net  Over $60,000 in computer equipment stolen from the home of Steve Jobs. Authorities optimistic they will recover the stolen computer    img.fark.net

img.fark.net  Alcoholic sandwiches are now available. A TOAST    img.fark.net

img.fark.net  Model sues Volvo, Hertz, and Ford because car ad inviting readers to "spend a night with a Swedish model of your choice" makes her look like a cheap Escort    img.fark.net

img.fark.net  "What the gun control movement can learn from gay rights." Besides how to avoid being shot in the face    img.fark.net

img.fark.net  CDC urges baby boomers to get tested for Hepatitis C, as they would have had the most contact with Pamela Anderson    img.fark.net

img.fark.net  Stolen milk tanker in two-hour high speed chase. Two men arrested and 22,000 litres of butter recovered    img.fark.net

img.fark.net  Amelia Earhart's plane wreckage, Braille machine, believed found on ocean floor    img.fark.net


Sports:

img.fark.net  The Dolphins learn a new spell from Harry Potter: Ochoreleaseo    img.fark.net

img.fark.net  US beats Mexico, in Mexico. For you non-soccer fans, the degree of difficulty here is comparable to forcing your wife to admit that she's wrong about something, at your mother-in-law's dinner table    img.fark.net

img.fark.net  Bad, bad, Levi Brown, baddest LT in the whole damn town. Injured on a 4th and long, consider him for 3 months gone    img.fark.net


Geek:

img.fark.net  The Top 10 Joss Whedon Series Episodes of All Time (read this before it is abruptly canceled by Fox or preempted for baseball)    img.fark.net

img.fark.net  Massive solar eruption clocked at 7.92 million MPH, or 22.4 PNUs (Peter North Units)    img.fark.net

img.fark.net  Scientists close in on birth control pill for men. Claim it will cost only $5 per month    img.fark.net


Entertainment:

img.fark.net  No more 72-day marriages for Kim Kardashian. She's apparently very serious about her PR-stunt-slash-relationship with Kanye West    img.fark.net

img.fark.net  George Jones embarks on final road tour. Hopefully he has a designated driver    img.fark.net

img.fark.net  Whitney Houston's final acting performance is testing positive with critics    img.fark.net


Politics:

img.fark.net  McCain manages to compare Romney picking Ryan to himself picking Palin as "a bold move" before Romney sprints across the country and frantically slaps his hand over McCain's mouth    img.fark.net

img.fark.net  While it may no longer be an Olympic sport, TV viewers were treated to a world-class exhibition of softball Sunday when CBS' Bob Schieffer conducted the first joint Romney-Ryan interview    img.fark.net

img.fark.net  74% feel voters should be required to show government ID card. Remaining 26% weren't allowed to respond    img.fark.net


Business:

img.fark.net  Ground beef hits record high price. Taco Bell remains unaffected    img.fark.net

img.fark.net  Chinese automakers: We assemble our cars asbestos we can    img.fark.net

img.fark.net  Bank officials make case for further easing, mainly since they are out of lube    img.fark.net
· · ·
(view entire blog)


1 Comment   (+0 »)
   
 
2012-08-21 01:44:11 PM
As mentioned above, I could use a few volunteers that like Headline of the Year and would be willing to sort through headlines to help me find some from before 2006, when we first started doing the yearly contests.
 
If you're interested, send me an email. 
 
Displayed 1 of 1 comments



This thread is closed to new comments.

Continue Farking
Submit a Link »






Report