If you can read this, either the style sheet didn't load or you have an older browser that doesn't support style sheets. Try clearing your browser cache and refreshing the page.

(SeattlePI)   New Gallup poll states that 10% of the people surveyed say that Congress is doing a good job, while the other 90% live in a reality where the skies aren't plaid and cows don't give chocolate milk   (blog.seattlepi.com) divider line 4
    More: Amusing, U.S. Congress, Gallup, Violence Against Women Act, farm bills  
•       •       •

305 clicks; posted to Politics » on 15 Aug 2012 at 9:49 AM (2 years ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»



Voting Results (Smartest)
View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest


Archived thread
2012-08-15 09:50:16 AM  
2 votes:

FirstNationalBastard: Aarontology: And yet, damn near every one of them will keep their seats.

Does that say something about how bad their competition is, or just the stupidity of voters?


Gerrymandering.
2012-08-15 10:00:28 AM  
1 votes:
Based on that the worst attack you could possibly make against Ryan would be that he is a congressman.
2012-08-15 09:58:54 AM  
1 votes:

FirstNationalBastard: Aarontology: And yet, damn near every one of them will keep their seats.

Does that say something about how bad their competition is, or just the stupidity of voters?


A lot of it has to do with gerrymandered districts and running virtually unopposed above and beyond all the regular advantages incumbents enjoy. The seniority in Congress thing plays a big factor there as well.

The stupidity of voters does count as well but it should be noted that a lot of that stupidity is inculcated by a RW media that lies and a corporate MSM that let's them get away with it.

The 2010 do-nothing Congress filled with die hard Teatarded obstructionists doesn't even deserve double digit approval ratings.
2012-08-15 09:02:59 AM  
1 votes:

FirstNationalBastard: Aarontology: And yet, damn near every one of them will keep their seats.

Does that say something about how bad their competition is, or just the stupidity of voters?


A little of both, but I think it says more about how our system needs radical reform of the legislature and how we elect representatives. So many of these districts are designed solely to help political parties maintain their position rather than give the people actual choices so they're simply not competitive.
 
Displayed 4 of 4 comments

View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest


This thread is archived, and closed to new comments.

Continue Farking
Submit a Link »
On Twitter





In Other Media


  1. Links are submitted by members of the Fark community.

  2. When community members submit a link, they also write a custom headline for the story.

  3. Other Farkers comment on the links. This is the number of comments. Click here to read them.

  4. Click here to submit a link.

Report