Do you have adblock enabled?
If you can read this, either the style sheet didn't load or you have an older browser that doesn't support style sheets. Try clearing your browser cache and refreshing the page.

(Politico)   Jeff Daniels says Americans these days are uninformed on account of "the cell phones and the Twitter, and the whole thing"   ( divider line
    More: Ironic, Twitter, Americans, cell phones  
•       •       •

1983 clicks; posted to Politics » on 19 Jul 2012 at 7:11 PM (5 years ago)   |   Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»

Voting Results (Funniest)
View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest

2012-07-19 04:54:38 PM  
4 votes:
I got The Twitter, once. Worse than Taco Bell, like someone lit a volcano in your ass.
2012-07-19 04:07:28 PM  
3 votes:
chud.comView Full Size
2012-07-19 07:15:44 PM  
2 votes:
Dude, just because you played president in Welcome to Earf don't mean yu know nothing. #dumass
2012-07-19 06:56:08 PM  
2 votes:
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
2012-07-19 06:52:52 PM  
2 votes:
I tried to look up The America like such as on my map, but I don't not has one.
2012-07-19 09:04:05 PM  
1 vote:

Hobodeluxe: Mrtraveler01: So let me ask this, is The Newsroom worth watching?

I love it.

Yes. 25% of the plot/dialog is soap opera stupid, but the other 75% either is snarky, observant or moves the fairly clever narrative.
2012-07-19 08:31:03 PM  
1 vote:

Mrtraveler01: So let me ask this, is The Newsroom worth watching?

Yes, if you don't mind the Sorkin romantic dramas that always get mixed in. Daniels is actually very good in the role. Waterson is farking hilarious
2012-07-19 08:13:16 PM  
1 vote:

Shaggy_C: VRaptor117: I submit that it's the the news providers who suck today, not the devices or services that allow us access to that information.

Funny, with Twitter you have Joe SixPack providing the news. If there's one thing worse than the for-profit zombies at the media megacorporations, it's the dumbass on the street without a clue whatsoever.

true that. it's like thousands of people in a room all screaming at once.
2012-07-19 08:00:21 PM  
1 vote:
He does have a point.

Too Much Information can mess up your ability to make good decisions
The solution is to pay attention to what matters and ignore the useless crap

/ironically any news that involves a celebrity its automatically useless crap, so I guess we should be ignoring him
2012-07-19 07:27:17 PM  
1 vote:

Alphax: I think the word he's looking for is Misinformed Misinfromed.

/pet peeve
2012-07-19 07:25:11 PM  
1 vote:
I think the word he's looking for is Misinformed.
2012-07-19 07:24:22 PM  
1 vote:
The kids, they listen to the rap music and it gives them the brain damage.
2012-07-19 07:16:37 PM  
1 vote:
cdn.pastemagazine.comView Full Size
2012-07-19 07:16:27 PM  
1 vote:
in other news, Jeff Daniels admits;
-only using cell phones to make phone calls
-Twitter... what the hell is twitter used for anyway? there are statement made by politicians on there right?
-and he accidentally the whole thing
2012-07-19 07:15:53 PM  
1 vote:
Maybe the right will stop using cell phones, the internet, and computers. Go back to sending paper letters and watching black and white television.

One can only hope.
2012-07-19 07:14:38 PM  
1 vote:
I think we have the attention span of a gnat

Well he's got a p....

Ohhhhh someone posted a new cat photo on Facebook!
2012-07-19 06:32:01 PM  
1 vote:
Funny, because I use my cell phone to keep me informed on the news all day long while I'm at work.
Displayed 17 of 17 comments

View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest

This thread is archived, and closed to new comments.

Continue Farking

On Twitter

Top Commented
Javascript is required to view headlines in widget.
  1. Links are submitted by members of the Fark community.

  2. When community members submit a link, they also write a custom headline for the story.

  3. Other Farkers comment on the links. This is the number of comments. Click here to read them.

  4. Click here to submit a link.