If you can read this, either the style sheet didn't load or you have an older browser that doesn't support style sheets. Try clearing your browser cache and refreshing the page.

(WPTV)   Comedy Central takes Colbert Report off the air "due to unforeseen circumstances"   (wptv.com) divider line 240
    More: Asinine, Colbert Report, Comedy Central  
•       •       •

22932 clicks; posted to Entertainment » on 16 Feb 2012 at 3:44 PM (2 years ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»



240 Comments   (+0 »)
   
View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest

Archived thread

First | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | » | Last | Show all
 
2012-02-16 04:17:50 PM
he's doing in depth reporting on a FEMA camp.
 
2012-02-16 04:18:39 PM
Jon Stewart is funny; Stephen Colbert is not.

Fact.
 
2012-02-16 04:19:35 PM
Experiencing technical difficulties (Glug, glug, glug, glug, glug).
-- Card on Channel 6 TV, The Simpsons, showing a drunk camera man
 
2012-02-16 04:22:26 PM
I'll be honest - I fully expected Colbert to be pulled off-air for reasons related to his skewering of the SuperPAC process and/or on orders from somebody with a political axe to grind.

I don't really *mean* that I'm happy the show is only dark due to a family emergency, but...well...I'm happy that it's only that.

Let your family get better soon, funnyman.
 
2012-02-16 04:23:18 PM

JerseyTim: The show hasn't been taken off the air. That's careless wording.


You sound slighted about the wording of a FARK headline.

Login: JerseyTim
Submitted links approved: 487


/ironic?
 
2012-02-16 04:24:35 PM

netizencain: Can't Jay Leno just step in?




Jimmy Fallon.
 
2012-02-16 04:25:14 PM

netizencain: Can't Jay Leno just step in?



Step in what?
 
2012-02-16 04:25:49 PM
I'm sorry to hear about his Mom. IIRC, he's one of something like twelve children.

Despite his egotistical schtick, he is a very private individual, shy behind his comedian's persona, very proper and WASP, and unlikely to make a public display of a private family or personal matter.
 
2012-02-16 04:25:53 PM
Shoot. I was hoping he was busy setting up the announcement that Newt Gingrich had picked him as his VP candidate.
 
2012-02-16 04:25:54 PM

Rich Cream: netizencain: Can't Jay Leno just step in?


Step in what?


A bee pit.
 
2012-02-16 04:26:05 PM
Bring back Tough Crowd! Regardless of what happens.
 
ecl
2012-02-16 04:26:13 PM

Johnny Savage: Jon Stewart is funny; Stephen Colbert is not.

Fact.


*Checks profile*

How can people in a place with so much sun be so dim?
 
2012-02-16 04:27:24 PM

Fabric_Man: "Suspended production" =/= "Off the air"


So what is it, if it's not "on the air?" Hmmmm? Tell me, great sir.
 
2012-02-16 04:30:07 PM

moralpanic: GranoblasticMan:
Guy definitely deserves a break, then... I just wish Comedy Central said "due to personal reasons" or something like that instead of the ever-so-helpful "unforeseen circumstances."

WTF would it matter to you?


Well, it would matter in that I know his show isn't being canceled indefinitely and therefore will continue to be entertained for ( potentially ) years to come... But would it matter in my day-to-day life? No, I suppose you're right, it wouldn't.

/ Some people...
 
2012-02-16 04:32:08 PM

brantgoose: I'm sorry to hear about his Mom. IIRC, he's one of something like twelve children.

Despite his egotistical schtick, he is a very private individual, shy behind his comedian's persona, very proper and WASP, and unlikely to make a public display of a private family or personal matter.


Erm, maybe make that "WASC?"
 
2012-02-16 04:32:38 PM

dotvincent: Fabric_Man: "Suspended production" =/= "Off the air"

So what is it, if it's not "on the air?" Hmmmm? Tell me, great sir.


It has suspended production. Like the writer's strike, like the Charlie Sheen blow up. Doesn't mean the show is never coming back. That's what "off the air" implies. And it's not even technically off the air since they're still showing repeats.
 
2012-02-16 04:32:58 PM
Whatever happened to A. Whitney Brown? Now HE was funny!
 
2012-02-16 04:33:07 PM
images.zap2it.com
RIP Stephen Colbert
 
2012-02-16 04:33:11 PM

mr lawson: I just heard he was in a car accident and died.
/rip


something something 31 flavors something something must be pretty serious
 
2012-02-16 04:33:13 PM

Johnny Savage: Jon Stewart is funny; Stephen Colbert is not.

Fact.


Jonnny Savage states opinions, then states they are fact.

Fact.
 
2012-02-16 04:33:43 PM

12349876: dotvincent: Fabric_Man: "Suspended production" =/= "Off the air"

So what is it, if it's not "on the air?" Hmmmm? Tell me, great sir.

It has suspended production. Like the writer's strike, like the Charlie Sheen blow up. Doesn't mean the show is never coming back. That's what "off the air" implies. And it's not even technically off the air since they're still showing repeats.


Your sarcasm meter broken?
 
2012-02-16 04:34:38 PM

Calmamity: Rich Cream: netizencain: Can't Jay Leno just step in?


Step in what?

A bee pit.


May I humbly suggest:

images.nationalgeographic.com ?
 
2012-02-16 04:35:09 PM
Can't we just make The Daily Show an hour while he's gone?
 
2012-02-16 04:37:02 PM

WhiskeySticks: Can't we just make The Daily Show an hour while he's gone?


I think I just came a little. I hate when that happens.
 
2012-02-16 04:38:36 PM
Technically, the Colbert Report has never been on the air, at least not in the US. It is in Canada, though.
 
2012-02-16 04:47:35 PM

Malacon: As someone who works for Comedy Central's Parent company, in the facility responsible for originating all content for Comedy Central, and other MTV Networks programming, I can at least confirm there is nothing nefarious looking about this at all.

We received a notice yesterday afternoon that Colbert would be "dark" for 2 specific dates, yesterday and today, and should be expected back next week.


Thank you for checking in Mr. CIA Agent!
 
2012-02-16 04:55:47 PM

brantgoose: I'm sorry to hear about his Mom. IIRC, he's one of something like twelve children.

Despite his egotistical schtick, he is a very private individual, shy behind his comedian's persona, very proper and WASP, and unlikely to make a public display of a private family or personal matter.


He also lost his father and two of his older brothers in a plane crash when he was 10. At that point I think he was the only kid still living at home, because he was the youngest and the two brothers that were killed were the next two adjacent siblings. That's part of why he started goofing around - to cheer up his mom.
 
2012-02-16 04:59:27 PM

Khellendros: Johnny Savage: Jon Stewart is funny; Stephen Colbert is not.

Fact.

Jonnny Savage states opinions, then states they are fact.

Fact.


Yogurt with fruit on the bottom is superior to yogurt with fruit blended throughout.

Fact.
 
2012-02-16 05:01:55 PM

Johnny Savage: Jon Stewart is funny; Stephen Colbert is not.

Fact.


The ratings (also known as facts) say that you are incorrect and mistake your own personal opinion for facts.

Fact.
 
2012-02-16 05:04:12 PM

brantgoose: I'm sorry to hear about his Mom. IIRC, he's one of something like twelve children.

Despite his egotistical schtick, he is a very private individual, shy behind his comedian's persona, very proper and WASP, and unlikely to make a public display of a private family or personal matter.


I met him once at the Met in NYC. He & his son were behind my husband & me in line to go in. As soon as he noticed me looking at him, he looked at me pleadingly, indicated his son, and slightly shook his head. I guess he thought I'd be a gushing fan (I am, but wouldn't act that way) and he was in, "Please, I'm with my kid" mode. During intermission, he actually found me (I'm 6-foot, so I guess I'm kinda tough to miss) and thanked me for understanding. I had read him right--he was afraid of a fan causing a scene. INCREDIBLY nice guy--we ended up chatting about the opera & Mozart for a bit before he had to go. Shook my hand, thanked me again, and told me he'd give his producers my name so that they'd give me good tickets when I called.

/Never got a chance to see if we had good tix--husband missed the train to meet me at the studio and didn't get there until after the doors were closed.
//cool story, sis
 
2012-02-16 05:04:21 PM

Bukharin: Didnt his mom just die?
let the dude go handle the funeral arrangements, you can watch repeats for a few days.


Possibly. I read that she was sick, from a "source close to the show". Looks like another farker found a link that says she died. Suffice it to say something's going on, and it's not what the Right has been praying for.

/ Or maybe it is.
// I wouldn't put it past some of these douchebags to pray for your mother to die.
 
2012-02-16 05:05:09 PM

clkeagle: Does the Colbert Report share most of The Daily Show's writers and crew? And have most of the same sponsors? If so, maybe they could just temporarily extend TDS to an hour.


Dude, they have a hard enough time filling 12 minutes a day without repeating themselves. Jon Stewart is the King of the Awkward Pause and Facial Expression.
 
2012-02-16 05:08:19 PM
He is a public figure therefore no rights without explanation what we do now repeats? Can't cake and eat it teoux! What emergency? What emergency?
 
2012-02-16 05:09:14 PM

brantgoose: I'm sorry to hear about his Mom. IIRC, he's one of something like twelve children.

Despite his egotistical schtick, he is a very private individual, shy behind his comedian's persona, very proper and WASPC, and unlikely to make a public display of a private family or personal matter.


FTFY
 
2012-02-16 05:10:13 PM

The Onion is prophetic: thomps: perhaps this is a good time to reflect on the lulz he provides you, quantify those lulz in terms of dollars, and donate those dollars to the colbert superPAC on behalf of his family.

Any chance I get to post this video (new window) (lulz starts at 1:45) is a good chance


Munchama Quchi... Awesome!
 
2012-02-16 05:13:51 PM

Malacon: As someone who works for Comedy Central's Parent company, in the facility responsible for originating all content for Comedy Central, and other MTV Networks programming, I can at least confirm there is nothing nefarious looking about this at all.

We received a notice yesterday afternoon that Colbert would be "dark" for 2 specific dates, yesterday and today, and should be expected back next week.


That's the most informative piece of news out of this yet... Somebody even reported a few posts up that he'd died, which was ridiculous, since yesterday was the first day, we would have heard about it by now.

Two specific dates, but cancelled suddenly could definitely be sickness or death of his mother, who has lived to the young age of 91, apparently.

Thanks for the heads up!!
 
2012-02-16 05:14:56 PM

someonelse: Khellendros: Johnny Savage: Jon Stewart is funny; Stephen Colbert is not.

Fact.

Jonnny Savage states opinions, then states they are fact.

Fact.

Yogurt with fruit on the bottom is superior to yogurt with fruit blended throughout.

Fact.


Frozen yogurt is superior to both.

Fact.
 
2012-02-16 05:15:34 PM
Oh dear. I thought it might be PAC related, but it seems it's worse.

Poor Stephen. I hope everything is as okay as it can be.
 
2012-02-16 05:16:12 PM
As someone who works for Comedy Central's Parent company, in the facility responsible for originating all content for Comedy Central, and other MTV Networks programming, I can at least confirm there is nothing nefarious looking about this at all.

We received a notice yesterday afternoon that Colbert would be "dark" for 2 specific dates, yesterday and today, and should be expected back next week.


Thanks for the clarification

Hope things work out the best they can for him and his family considering the a bad situation (whatever it is).
 
2012-02-16 05:17:22 PM

moralpanic: WTF would it matter to you?


Because it would stop this stupid rumor mill that has been churning, you know, the 'I hreard he died', or the 'I heard the FCC took him off the air', or the 'I heard the show's cancelled' crap.

As long as we don't lose THIS gem though, it's priceless:

Dog Welder: My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Stephen Colbert pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.


Well played!!
 
2012-02-16 05:17:22 PM

Tax Boy: someonelse: Khellendros: Johnny Savage: Jon Stewart is funny; Stephen Colbert is not.

Fact.

Jonnny Savage states opinions, then states they are fact.

Fact.

Yogurt with fruit on the bottom is superior to yogurt with fruit blended throughout.

Fact.

Frozen yogurt is superior to both.

Fact.


That is not a fact. It is an opinion and it is wrong.

Fact.
 
IP
2012-02-16 05:23:55 PM

ecl: Johnny Savage: Jon Stewart is funny; Stephen Colbert is not.

Fact.

*Checks profile*

How can people in a place with so much sun be so dim?


img1.fark.net
 
2012-02-16 05:29:03 PM

penthesilea: Take your time Mr. FunnyMan. We'll be here when you're ready.


That's what I told Dave Chapelle. Kinda wish I had put a conditional on it.
 
2012-02-16 05:29:36 PM
From the WSJ story. Hopefully this is a joke

Mike Colbert wrote:
My aunt, Stephen's wife, was killed in a car crash yesterday afternoon. More details to come.
 
2012-02-16 05:31:20 PM

Bungles: From the WSJ story. Hopefully this is a joke

Mike Colbert wrote:
My aunt, Stephen's wife, was killed in a car crash yesterday afternoon. More details to come.


woah.
 
2012-02-16 05:32:47 PM
Did he say he WASN'T suicidal, or at least REALLY into autoerotic asphyxiation.

Hanging in a hotel closet, naked and clutching bear fur in his left hand, that's my bet.

Whitney Houston was his crack connection, so he might be twitching on her north Jersey doorstep.
 
2012-02-16 05:33:29 PM

Bungles: From the WSJ story. Hopefully this is a joke

Mike Colbert wrote:
My aunt, Stephen's wife, was killed in a car crash yesterday afternoon. More details to come.


Holy crap. I hope that's not true.
 
2012-02-16 05:35:52 PM

Bungles: From the WSJ story. Hopefully this is a joke

Mike Colbert wrote:
My aunt, Stephen's wife, was killed in a car crash yesterday afternoon. More details to come.


I really hope this is not true. If so, i wouldn't blame him if he never came back.
 
2012-02-16 05:40:43 PM

Ooba Tooba: Bungles: From the WSJ story. Hopefully this is a joke

Mike Colbert wrote:
My aunt, Stephen's wife, was killed in a car crash yesterday afternoon. More details to come.

I really hope this is not true. If so, i wouldn't blame him if he never came back.


holy shiat.
 
2012-02-16 05:40:49 PM

Bungles: From the WSJ story. Hopefully this is a joke

Mike Colbert wrote:
My aunt, Stephen's wife, was killed in a car crash yesterday afternoon. More details to come.


I can't find that anywhere. Link?
 
Displayed 50 of 240 comments

First | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | » | Last | Show all

View Voting Results: Smartest and Funniest


This thread is archived, and closed to new comments.

Continue Farking
Submit a Link »






Report