If you can read this, either the style sheet didn't load or you have an older browser that doesn't support style sheets. Try clearing your browser cache and refreshing the page.

(Ars Technica) NewsFlash Steve Jobs has gone to the iCloud   (arstechnica.com) divider line 1489
    More: NewsFlash  
•       •       •

24392 clicks; posted to Main » on 05 Oct 2011 at 7:51 PM (2 years ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»


Want to get NewsFlash notifications in email?

1489 Comments   (+0 »)
   

Archived thread

First | « | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | » | Last | Show all
 
2011-10-05 08:24:13 PM

almandot: Maybe his coffin will come in white.


Not for another 6 months.
 
2011-10-05 08:24:26 PM

NuclearPenguins: fark cancer.


weiner dog: R.I.P. Steve. Thank you.


Nothing else needs to be said. Anything more is trolling.
 
2011-10-05 08:24:29 PM

zerkalo: 56? Many have done far less with almost twice as much time.


Didn't realize it was a contest.

galactus5000: Like Apple or not, you can't deny that the man and his ideas helped change technology for the better.


In what way? The "the corporation doesn't actually like the idea that you own the piece of equipment you just bought so makes it next to impossible to open and/or modify yourself" kind of way?
 
2011-10-05 08:24:44 PM
Modified wooden toilet roller? Wow. Just wow.

*snark off*
Not an Apple fan by any stretch, but RIP sir. You were a great innovator.
 
2011-10-05 08:24:45 PM

Mad_Radhu: ballchain: I wonder if the #occupywallstreet crowd will be dancing on that filthy capitalist's grave?

The people that they are protesting on Wall Street are money men who have done little to make the world, but have instead only grown wealthy by creating dangerous financial instruments and destroying American companies. Jobs, on the other hand, made his wealth by making the world a better place to be in by unlocking the potential for technology to enrich our lives. They are two very different ways to build a fortune.

Bill Gates, though not nearly as innovative as Steve, has actually earned a lot of respect from me in recent years because of he has been using his fortune to improve the lives of the people around the world. I'm curious to see how much of Jobs's fortune will be given away. I think it would be a cool gesture if a big chunk of it goes to the Gates Foundation as a way to show that he was bigger than that old rivalry.


45% of Job's fortune goes back to the Government via Death Tax. The rest goes to his family. Or is it 55%?

Apple sent jobs to China, pilfered billions from Americans via marketing gimmicks and "flash" creating a near-religious following. He was an innovator, but trying to say he wasn't just another capitalist those #occupywallstreet morons are protesting for is hypocrisy.
 
2011-10-05 08:24:54 PM

pippi longstocking: fark him! Stupid company with stupid products, it's amazing that people saved a failing computer company that emphasizes monopolistic practices as a business model by buying shiny plastic toys that cost 2x-4x times more the competition, and buy the latest models every year to boot... people are truly a bunch of morons.


LOL U MAD
 
2011-10-05 08:24:55 PM
hozzi.net


RIP STEVE MCQUEEN
 
2011-10-05 08:25:01 PM
Oh and for those thinking SELL SELL SELL...All of Wall Street knew when he resigned it was terminal cancer. So if Apple stock drops a bunch, think about buying.
 
2011-10-05 08:25:03 PM

Cybernetic: My dad died this morning, so I'm not as affected by this as I might otherwise be.


This thread just keeps getting sadder. Sorry for your loss.
 
2011-10-05 08:25:06 PM

Cybernetic: My dad died this morning, so I'm not as affected by this as I might otherwise be.


You and yours are in my thoughts. May he find peace.
 
2011-10-05 08:25:09 PM
R.I.P. Lou Dobbs

www.marketingshift.com
 
2011-10-05 08:25:10 PM
Now maybe Apple lovers will come back to reality.

/nah, months and months of post-mortem fellatio to follow
 
2011-10-05 08:25:19 PM
:`( Thank you for your incredible contribution to society. Rest in peace.
 
2011-10-05 08:26:09 PM

I want to be a meteorologist: Cybernetic: My dad died this morning, so I'm not as affected by this as I might otherwise be.

Condolences to your and your family. Sorry for your loss.


Ditto,...my dad had melanoma.....6 months....tbh,...i felt better after he died....horrible suffering.

/ncsb
 
2011-10-05 08:26:13 PM
I guess 4k was enough for him.
 
2011-10-05 08:26:24 PM
1) Short selling Apple stock now
2) Wont be cremated. Think apple sauce.
3) Don't mess with unix, job terminated

/that's enough for now
 
2011-10-05 08:26:43 PM
What does America and Apple fanbois have in common?
No Jobs.

/what too soon?
 
2011-10-05 08:26:47 PM
You'll get over it.
 
2011-10-05 08:27:06 PM

missiv: [ll-media.tmz.com image 550x549]
Shine on you crazy Madman.


Proven photoshop.
 
2011-10-05 08:27:25 PM
upload.wikimedia.org

R.I.P. Bob Dobbs
 
2011-10-05 08:27:36 PM

Cybernetic: My dad died this morning, so I'm not as affected by this as I might otherwise be.



My Condolences ((hug)). Are you OK?
 
2011-10-05 08:27:46 PM

degenerate-afro: I wonder if his "father" ever got over his "pride" and went to visit his son before the end.


Why would he, and why would Jobs care if he did?
 
2011-10-05 08:27:59 PM

SQLInjector: Steve Jobs Designing Proprietary Crap In Heaven Now (new window) I was eulogizing Steve Jobs BEFORE it was cool.


That right there is funny
 
2011-10-05 08:28:09 PM
Did you see Regis this morning?

26.media.tumblr.com
 
2011-10-05 08:28:15 PM

End_Of_Line: Rest in Peace, Mr. Jobs.

I may not own a Mac at the moment, but your Apple II computer was the first one I ever touched. Instant love.

/you never forget your first
//thank you


I loved the Apple IIe. But my first love was a Commodore Vic 20 (I have it in a box somewhere). Except I don't know who ran that company.

RIP Mr. Jobs
 
2011-10-05 08:28:16 PM
RIP Steve. Thanks for a lot of cool tech!
 
2011-10-05 08:28:24 PM
I'm not an Apple fan (don't hate 'em, don't like 'em), but...wow.
 
2011-10-05 08:28:27 PM
images.wikia.com

RIP STEVE
 
2011-10-05 08:28:27 PM
Not an Apple fan myself, but wouldn't wish that on anyone. Fark cancer. RIP Steve.
 
2011-10-05 08:28:31 PM

ballchain: 45% of Job's fortune goes back to the Government via Death Tax. The rest goes to his family. Or is it 55%?


Charitable trusts, how the far for they work?
 
2011-10-05 08:28:34 PM
Godspeed, and thanks for all the iStuff.
 
2011-10-05 08:28:35 PM

LoonieCobber: As a Farker with cancer, this hits me especially hard. Every damn day I see the end of my life ahead of me, much sooner than I thought it would be.

/not a totalfarker, so doesn't much matter I expect
//10 years younger than Jobs, dying anyway


Good luck farker.
 
2011-10-05 08:28:49 PM

trappedspirit: 1) Short selling Apple stock now


thank you!
 
2011-10-05 08:28:50 PM
Steve Jobs has just passed us by.
On his visions we all could rely.
Now he is gone,
but he will move on
to that great iPad in the sky.

Link (new window)
 
2011-10-05 08:28:51 PM
Cybernetic: My dad died this morning, so I'm not as affected by this as I might otherwise be.

Deeply sorry to hear that - you have my sincerest condolences.


mrtk421: My first computer was an Apple IIc at the age of 14.

/RIP Steve


Me, an Apple IIe from... hell, I can't even remember. I was knee-high to a grasshopper at the time.
 
2011-10-05 08:28:52 PM
It is as if a lighthouse has gone dark on a stormy night. RIP Jobs.
 
2011-10-05 08:29:08 PM
Notified on my iPod.
 
2011-10-05 08:29:20 PM
I really couldn't stand Jobs. He was arrogant and a general dick. However, it does suck that he died of cancer. RIP you effer.
 
2011-10-05 08:29:25 PM
In six months a new version will ship out.
 
2011-10-05 08:29:28 PM

HappyLittleTree: degenerate-afro: I wonder if his "father" ever got over his "pride" and went to visit his son before the end.

Why would he, and why would Jobs care if he did?


Make time for your family before the end is all I'm asking. If he's going to blame the mother for giving him away without asking, he should at least take the time to try and fix the problem. Even if Jobs told him to go to hell, it would have been better IMO.
 
2011-10-05 08:29:40 PM

Mad_Radhu: ballchain: 45% of Job's fortune goes back to the Government via Death Tax. The rest goes to his family. Or is it 55%?

Charitable trusts, how the fark do they work?


FTFM.
 
2011-10-05 08:29:40 PM

LoonieCobber: As a Farker with cancer, this hits me especially hard. Every damn day I see the end of my life ahead of me, much sooner than I thought it would be.

/not a totalfarker, so doesn't much matter I expect
//10 years younger than Jobs, dying anyway


Don't make me cry! :(

All this is very sad.
 
2011-10-05 08:29:47 PM
The CEO of Samsung has also announced that he too is dead.

/stolen from Slashdot.
 
2011-10-05 08:30:01 PM

Ham Sandvich: Did you see Regis this morning?


It is breast cancer awareness month.
 
2011-10-05 08:30:14 PM
Dammit, I nailed it. When he stepped down, I said, "Funeral in a month."

I'm sad I was right. But I guess we all have to go sometime.
 
2011-10-05 08:30:14 PM

jennyz: missiv: [ll-media.tmz.com image 550x549]
Shine on you crazy Madman.

Proven photoshop.


Proven where/how?
 
2011-10-05 08:30:17 PM

missiv: [ll-media.tmz.com image 550x549]
Shine on you crazy Madman.


Wow, Cancer is a biatch.
 
2011-10-05 08:30:51 PM

degenerate-afro: I wonder if his "father" ever got over his "pride" and went to visit his son before the end.


Wow. I sure hope so. I guess. How a father could ever give up a child is absolutely beyond my ability to comprehend, but well, that's their business anyway.
 
2011-10-05 08:31:05 PM
I guess you can say they took our Jobs.

HAR HAR.

...
 
2011-10-05 08:31:06 PM
:( i has a sad. iSigh.....

/seriously. drag.
//RIP, my recently murdered iPod Touch.
///pours out some '40 on the ground, gets tear tatoo in corner of eye
 
Displayed 50 of 1489 comments

First | « | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | » | Last | Show all



This thread is archived, and closed to new comments.

Continue Farking
Submit a Link »






Report